Just so y’all know, it’s a 3 way tie between Archer, Steel, and Thaidakar. Each with 2 votes. And one vote on Bip and Bort each.

EDIT: no true VC because on mobile and time crunch

Edited by StrikerEZ

4 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Just so y’all know, it’s a 3 way tie between Archer, Steel, and Thaidakar. Each with 2 votes. And one vote on Bip and Bort each.

EDIT: no true VC because on mobile and time crunch

This is concerning. We have a total of 8 votes, and a triple tie between 2 people that aren't elim, and one that (in my opinion) might be. 

@DrakeMarshall why'd you vote on Thaidakar? 

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood would you mind moving your vote off of me? At this point there seems to be a general agreement that my reaction to the pressure (and sticks weird pm thing) was village, and, well, we're tied. Archer is definitely a better exe. 

And everyone else: literally 8 people have voted. That's a horrifyingly low number. 

I'm going to place a vote on Thaid. I don't think Steel is an elim (uh oh just got Ninja'd by Steel. Asking someone to move a vote off him isn't necessarily a good look but it's too obvious to be elim). The evidence presented against him isn't hefty enough to be really substantive.

Anyway, I don't like how Archer is feeling but I can't remember his meta. Sheeping Mat at the beginning of the cycle just feels so obviously like an elim needing someone to vote on that it's almost too obvious. I'm running around in IKYK circles. Help.

Anyway, Thaid it is for now. I think the "oh I completely forgot I was stolen from" bit feels like a new player trying to give themself village cred. I don't agree with Archer's reason for voting on Thaid tho. The role slip is NAI.

Willing to join on Archer should more reasoning be presented. I'm close to the tipping point between the two.

Forgive me for not voting earlier than now. It has been an insane few days.

My theory is that Thaid made the claim, someone in the doc said "hey, maybe don't claim your role publicly :P", and he panicked and edited it out. That lightning fast self pres is the best lead I got right now, so I'm sticking with it. 

I'm conflicted on whether the elims would go for the vial saving route, based on my personal feelings about the effect it has on the game. So I'm willing to believe Bort was the one to submit, but I'd hesitate to actually exe them over it. 

That's all I got time for, today is busy. Sorry. 

22 minutes ago, Archer said:

My theory is that Thaid made the claim, someone in the doc said "hey, maybe don't claim your role publicly :P", and he panicked and edited it out. That lightning fast self pres is the best lead I got right now, so I'm sticking with it. 

I'm conflicted on whether the elims would go for the vial saving route, based on my personal feelings about the effect it has on the game. So I'm willing to believe Bort was the one to submit, but I'd hesitate to actually exe them over it. 

That's all I got time for, today is busy. Sorry. 

Ok, you raise a good point here. 

Unfortunately I still find you suspicious, but if you do flip Village, I'd be willing to take a closer look at Thaidakar. 

I don’t see any reason to kill Archer. Starting side trains isn’t suspicious if the lead trains were village, which I think most of us agree that Stick probably is.

I still think that it makes more sense for Thaid’s reaction to come from a villager- it’s not like panicking and editing out is a weird reaction. TJ/Thaid does make sense as e/e though, and I don’t have a huge aversion to the Thaid exe.

I still feel the best on Bip or TJ, I’ll stay where I am right now.

hmm yes I am now destressed for some mysterious reason ( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)

I can't remember if I've already said this, but I think Steel is village. I also think his explanation of the teammate thing makes sense.

Spoiler

Does anyone have a VC?

I don't feel particularly great about any of the exes being brought up, so I'm going to see if I can get something else going.

Fine I'll make one myself U_U

VC:
Steel(1): Thaid
Stick(1): Araris
Thaid(3): Archer, Drake, Bip
Archer(2): TJ, Steel
Bort(1): Kas
Bip(1): Mat

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

(and sticks weird pm thing)

smh it was pretty ingenious if you ask me :P 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

hm. Mat and Karn also alerted them of the same in thread though - my initial assumption was that this was what prompted Thaid to quickly edit it out. BUT. I agree with Bip that forgetting that your item got stolen isn't all that likely, so claiming to have forgotten in-thread does seem not entirely genuine. And there was also that other glaring thing where they refused to acknowledge the hard claim our friendly neighbourhood security officer has been trying to make - I can see that E!Thaid got informed of this through the doc perhaps, and maybe forgot that this claim is actually just thread-wide knowledge. And so they tried to play it off as if they had no idea. I could be reaching here but it is also 2 am so Thaid

edit: re:the Bort RB thing - if we get roleblocked, do we still get to use the vials in another turn or do they just get wasted? Not tagging Striker because this might've been already answered but I'm too tired to go look

Edited by _Stick_

35 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

edit: re:the Bort RB thing - if we get roleblocked, do we still get to use the vials in another turn or do they just get wasted? Not tagging Striker because this might've been already answered but I'm too tired to go look

Hazekill roleblocks don't waste the vials, so they can just use them the next turn. Or in the Elims making a steel arson burst case, having a different Elim use them the next turn.

54 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

If you are roleblocked via Hazekiller, you keep the vials. If you are roleblocked via Leecher, you do not.

Anyway, I believe this VC is correct:

Thaidakar the Ghostblood (4): Biplet, Archer, Drake Marshall, _Stick_
Steeldancer (2): Araris Valerian, Thaidakar the Ghostblood
Archer (2): Steeldancer, |TJ|
Biplet (1): Matrim's Dice
Bort (1): Kasimir

EDIT: This should be correct now.

Edited by StrikerEZ

I’n fine with Thaid as an exe in general but I don’t like the reason behind it. Karn and I made it very clear it was a strange time to claim so panicking/editing was a reaction that makes sense. Stick’s mention of forgetting the item is another thing I don’t really get, people forget things all the time :P. What would an elim have to gain with that open contradiction?

That being said I think there’s been enough Thaid interactions from him, with him, and about him to glean something from his flip and I’d prefer his exe over Archer or Steel.

@StrikerEZ, my vote is still on Stick, and was never on Steel (though it turns out it's changing to Thaidakar).

Meant to post this earlier, but to be honest, even though the justification is garbage, Stick is a player that voted D1 and hasn't done anything particularly village. Thaidakar is in the same group, but with four votes, I don't think he needs my "help".

Archer and Steel last cycle were just living in the side trains, which honestly is a bit more odd for Archer than for Steel. I shouldn't point too many fingers though since I was in the same place, regardless of reasons that I had.

So my vote preferences are Thaid=Stick>Archer, followed by everyone else. And if I didn't vote on one of the previous three, I'd go for someone that has yet to vote the whole game. Some CC might not be misplaced here, since I doubt much discussion will come out of these last 100 minutes, and putting some pressure to have more discussion moving forward seems like a good idea. I'll be watching the thread through rollover, so ping me if you want to CC somebody. Honestly wish I had a list of which people gave IRL excuses though, since I'd almost feel bad if I voted out someone for that.

Maybe my question can be answered finally :ph34r: 

(No worries, Fifth, glad you’re here :P)

I won’t be on from nowish until rollover. Vote staying where it is, I’ve already said my thoughts on the current trains.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don’t see any reason to kill Archer. Starting side trains isn’t suspicious if the lead trains were village, which I think most of us agree that Stick probably is.

I still think that it makes more sense for Thaid’s reaction to come from a villager- it’s not like panicking and editing out is a weird reaction. TJ/Thaid does make sense as e/e though, and I don’t have a huge aversion to the Thaid exe.

I still feel the best on Bip or TJ, I’ll stay where I am right now.

Bro. 

If it's V/V, Elims have no investment in who dies. Do you seriously think they were all inactive/non-voters? 

If V/V, where else to look for at least one or two Elims D1??? They're not going to stack up on TUA or V!Stick and I'm seriously confused that this isn't occurring to you. 

Edited by Kasimir
justification

On 18/02/2022 at 9:47 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

@Fifth Scholar you still should answer my question :P

Placing a pressure vote on Steel for now but I don't really have an idea of where I want to go. Kinda sad the elims went with the steel hoarding, ngl :P. Same amount of people die with both options (disregarding any blocks/survivals, of course) but we have less info now.

I'll relook at some C1 things and be back later.

K gonna explain last cycle quickly: was feeling the Stick/TUA thing was weird, I was around for rollover and on mobile. Saw a lot of people viewing the thread and resolved that if there was a last-minute push onto Stick, I’d swing to TUA after seeing the message, and if not, I’d hold. Didn’t realise I was on the final post of the current page of the thread - 8:59 rolls around, I get the notification “there is 1+ new reply” and I know if I hit the button to load the reply on another page, it takes too long because mobile has to load the new page, I have to read it, retype (in bbcode) my vote, and submit in less than 20 seconds. Instead of that, I just hit “submit” and hoped for the best. Instead of a hammer, it’s Mat’s joke post, and the rest is history

Interactions: Mat/Stick is really weird. I have a strong village read of both independently but whenever they talk to each other my gut screams “e/e”

Thaidakar wagon is odd, and I’m not too convinced by it. I find the defence of Biplet in particular a bit odd. Steel is being weirdly self-pres-y, which mildly fits his elim game, but 1) he’s my bro and 2) I don’t really like killing people on the grounds that they like living too much, at least when it’s D2. D4 and onwards, that might be a more open question. I don’t really plan on using my zinc unless you go for Steeldancer again, so I’ll just vote and see what happens. Side-eyeing Araris and TJ from recent interactions. No opinions on Archer. Please don’t kill Bort.

Okay here’s the current VC

Thaidakar the Ghostblood (5): Biplet, Archer, Drake Marshall, _Stick_, Araris Valerian
Steeldancer (1): Thaidakar the Ghostblood
Archer (2): Steeldancer, |TJ|
Biplet (2): Matrim's Dice, Fifth Scholar
Bort (1): Kasimir

Sorry for weird formatting. On mobile

Granted fifth, lets take a look at why I want to stay alive. 
In regards to the original RP that this one is based on (the story of his dad), I got killed in LG43 before I was able to finish it. 
Then I got brought back by Endowment, but then the game ended before I was able to finish. 
THEN I brought it back to try and finish it in AG5, where I was killed AGAIN before I could finish it. 
Then I got brought back by Endowment again, but this time I actually managed to belch out the rest of the story before the game ended. 
In other words, I really don't want to die in the middle of my story telling again. 
(I actually had forgotten about this before I went back and reread the whole story last night for reference, it was crazy.)
So in other words, I want to stay alive. There's no Endowment in this game, which means if I don't get to finish it, I will be Big Sad. 

Don't really feel like doing this but it's a soft no, not a hard no, so here we go.

D1:

This can't be as painful as AG8 or MR56, right?

Fifth (1): Mat

Mat opens the voting by going on Fifth. Nothing more to say here. I know some people got Village energy off it, he at least gets participation points from me, and the discussion on coordination is good.

Araris puts a stab vote on JNV next. Approve of the no-kill policy on returnees.

Fifth (2): Mat, Stick
JNV (1): Araris
Tani (1): Tani

First interesting vote to me is Stick, who stacks onto the Fifth train. It's not by any means high-octane interesting, but it does put Fifth in the lead (however temporarily, this early on in D1.) Tani self-votes. No further comment. The Fifth vote is really short-lived and at Araris's prompting and reminder that returnees are off-limits D1, Stick swaps to Szeth as a naked poke vote.

JNV (2): Araris, Mat
Tani (1): Tani
Szeth (1): Stick
Danex (1): Karn

Two minutes later, Mat decides to add pressure to JNV, while Karn poke votes Danex. And Tani and Thaid both go onto Bort, because of course they think it's funny =)

Bort (2): Tani, Thaid

So nothing much, just our resident chaotics doing themselves for lulz. JNV is tied with Bort now. Agreed with Mat on a NAI read for that move, and also strong annoyance with both of them, for which I might be tempted to secure the Thaid train out of sheer policy. Thaid then swaps from Bort to Mat for...no apparent reason, other than a desire to relive MR56 D1, and retracts again saying it was a joke. This vote is so short-lived I'm not even going to bother to capture it, but the sudden retraction does make me wonder if he got yelled at for it by doc mates, given it was a six minute gap and nothing else happened in between.

Bort (1): Tani
Stick (1): Szeth
Tani (1): Bort

Szeth shows up to revenge-vote Stick and says nothing else. This will be the foundation of one of the major D1 trains, so it's worth highlighting this point. Bort, meanwhile, revenge poke-votes Tani. Thaid slots onto Stick - in terms of timing, this effectively ties JNV off with Stick. No idea if that's what's going down there, though. Fifth then apparently revenge-votes Stick, which...ok bro you do you I guess.

Bort (1): Tani
Stick (3): Szeth, Thaid, Fifth
Tani (2): Bort, TJ
Steel (1): Drake

Drake goes onto Steel. Not really sure why, note to self to ask, but looks like a stab. Stick pulls off Szeth, after claiming she voted Fifth to provoke Araris. Some people like to live dangerously I guess. Interesting vote on Tani from TJ, with a two-vote Tani train. In E!Stick world, this looks potentially like splinter train tactics - it's not exactly crunch-time yet. TJ cites Tani voting Bort and clarifying Elim joke, which...eh. Unsure if due dilligence or easy target. But feels like E!TJ could easily find someone else so IDK.

Bort and Tani apologise and make up with a beardnut. I wipe the tears from my eyes.

Stick (3): Szeth, Thaid, Fifth
Tani (1): TJ
TUA (1): Stick

Stick inaugurates TUA train for being defensive, which is critical because TUA later takes off. 

Sometime after, Mat goes onto TUA. Unclear why he picks TUA - @Matrim's Dice?

Stick (2): Szeth, Fifth
TUA (4): Stick, Mat, TJ, Thaid

And TJ goes onto TUA to consolidate. @|TJ| Did you V read Stick at this point? Why not secure Stick train against votejacking?

Thaid goes from Stick to TUA, for...no apparent reason. Again. Guys, I know it's D1 but y'all don't gotta be like that. Mat gets cold feet and swaps off TUA - Elim TMI on a bad train?

Stick (2): Szeth, Fifth
TUA (3): Stick, TJ, Thaid
Mat (1): Steel

Steel chooses Mat over TUA, citing Mat as the most recent offender for capitalisation of a!steel. Want to note that this could be Elim TMI if Steel is consciously avoiding the bad TUA train.

Bah, whatever, it's three minutes to rollover, I'll just c/p this and carry on later. Serves me right for switching on Village Kas mode so late. Thaid Bort.

Night Two

We are both quite busy, writeup will be added in the future.

Thaidakar has been Interrogated! They were a Confederation Loyalist Hazekiller!

Thaidakar the Ghostblood (6): Biplet, Archer, Drake Marshall, _Stick_, Araris Valerian, Kasimir
Steeldancer (1): Thaidakar the Ghostblood
Archer (2): Steeldancer, |TJ|
Biplet (2): Matrim's Dice, Fifth Scholar

PMs are still open. This is a reminder that you must include myself, Striker, and Devotary in any PMs you make. And they can only be one-on-one. You can still grab an item from the Stockpile during this Night turn. However, it will not be announced who grabbed what in the next Day turn.

Still sending out PM's. Thanks for being patient as we finish that up.

Also @Illwei is pinchhitting for Dannnex, please welcome her to the game.

Items Grabbed

Spoiler
  • Biplet grabbed a Brass vial
  • Ashbringer grabbed a Bendalloy vial
  • Steeldancer grabbed an Electrum vial
  • TJ grabbed an Aluminum vial
  • Orlok grabbed a Tin vial
  • STINK grabbed an Aluminum vial
  • Fifth grabbed a Brass vial
  • Matrim grabbed a Nicrosil vial
  • Archer grabbed an Attractor Fabrial

Stockpile

Spoiler
  • 2 Copper vials
  • 1 Cadmium vial
  • 1 Duralumin vial
  • 3 Chromium vials

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @Biplet - Edeis, a totally not immortal gossip
  2. @Ashbringer - Faleast, just a normal dude and definitely not a shapeshifter
  3. @Szeth_Pancakes
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Dooku, a man whose name is unrelated to anything
  5. @Araris Valerian - Arval, no the other one
  6. @Steeldancer - Leets, totally not the Flash
  7. @Amanuensis - Genis, a little kid who’s too smart for his own good and his AI friend, G.E.N.I.U.S.
  8. @JNV - Kali, another kid who managed to sneak on board the ship
  9. @Archer - Ivory Tarvis, Head Carpenter of The Survivor
  10. @Kasimir - Kavar Aral, a seasoned operative who really should have retired ages ago
  11. The Unknown Aon - ExMach Inadeus, an extraordinarily lucky guy Confederation Loyalist
  12. @|TJ| - Kranvar, a wanted criminal who snuck on board somehow
  13. @DrakeMarshall - The meme guy
  14. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, a seasoned veteran
  15. Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Levin Venture, totally not a Ghostblood Confederation Loyalist Hazekiller
  16. @Illwei - Kraval Aralis, who’s way too excited about potions 
  17. @Karnatheon
  18. @Haelbarde - Haen Plaid, he’s still here, I suppose
  19. @_Stick_ - The Stick figure
  20. @Sequence - Sfirm Kryt, they’re totally in the mission
  21. @Bort
  22. @STINK
  23. @Tani 
  24. @Fifth Scholar - Christel Groenloben, a surprisingly cheerful old skaa lady who doesn't act like it

This turn will end at 8 pm CST on Twosday, February 22nd. This night turn is 48 hours long, just so that you are aware.

Edited by Experience
Ends on twosday