Night One

So, I am very busy today and don't have the mental energy to put in a writeup. I will try and come back to edit one in later. At the very least, I will definitely do it over the spring break if I don't get a chance to before that.

The Unknown Aon has been Interrogated! They were a Confederation Loyalist!

The Unknown Aon (4): TJ, Thaidakar, Stick, Fifth Scholar
_Stick_ (2): Szeth_Pancakes, TUA
Biplet (1): Archer

Tani (1): Biplet
JNV (1): Araris Valerian
Matrim's Dice (1): Steeldancer
Steeldancer (1): Drake Marshall
Dannnex (1): Karnatheon

PMs are still open. This is a reminder that you must include myself, Experience, and Devotary in any PMs you make. And they can only be one-on-one. You can still grab an item from the Stockpile during this Night turn. However, it will not be announced who grabbed what in the next Day turn.

Also, we're working on getting PMs out. Just be patient, if you haven't got yours yet :)

Items Grabbed

Spoiler
  • Ashbringer grabbed a Cadmium Vial
  • Matrim's Dice grabbed a Tin Vial
  • Steeldancer grabbed a Bendalloy Vial
  • Archer grabbed an Attractor Fabrial
  • Kasimir grabbed a Pewter Vial
  • Orlok Tsubodai grabbed a Painrial
  • Thaidakar the Ghostblood grabbed a Shade Gun
  • Karnatheon grabbed an Aluminum Vial
  • _Stick_ grabbed a Tin Vial
  • Bort grabbed a Copper Vial
  • Fifth Scholar grabbed a Zinc Vial

Stockpile:

Spoiler
  • 1 Iron Vial
  • 1 Tin Vial
  • 3 Brass Vials
  • 2 Copper Vials
  • 1 Bronze Vial
  • 1 Gold Vial
  • 1 Electrum Vial
  • 1 Bendalloy Vial
  • 2 Aluminum Vials
  • 1 Duralumin Vial
  • 3 Chromium Vials
  • 2 Nicrosil Vials
  • 1 Hrovell Potion
  • 1 Painrial

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Biplet - Edeis, a totally not immortal gossip
  2. @Ashbringer - Faleast, just a normal dude and definitely not a shapeshifter
  3. @Szeth_Pancakes
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Dooku, a man whose name is unrelated to anything
  5. @Araris Valerian - Arval, no the other one
  6. @Steeldancer - Leets, totally not the Flash
  7. @Amanuensis - Genis, a little kid who’s too smart for his own good and his AI friend, G.E.N.I.U.S.
  8. @JNV - Kali, another kid who managed to sneak on board the ship
  9. @Archer - Ivory Tarvis, Head Carpenter of The Survivor
  10. @Kasimir - Kavar Aral, a seasoned operative who really should have retired ages ago
  11. The Unknown Aon - ExMach Inadeus, an extraordinarily lucky guy Confederation Loyalist
  12. @|TJ| - Kranvar, a wanted criminal who snuck on board somehow
  13. @DrakeMarshall - The meme guy
  14. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, a seasoned veteran
  15. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Levin Venture, totally not a Ghostblood
  16. @Dannnex - Kraval Aralis, who’s way too excited about potions 
  17. @Karnatheon
  18. @Haelbarde - Haen Plaid, he’s still here, I suppose
  19. @_Stick_ - The Stick figure
  20. @Sequence - Sfirm Kryt, they’re totally in the mission
  21. @Bort
  22. @STINK
  23. @Tani 
  24. @Fifth Scholar - Christel Groenloben, a surprisingly cheerful old skaa lady who doesn't act like it

This turn will end at 8 pm CST on Friday, February 18th. As a reminder, N2 will be 48 hours long, instead of 24. Just so you may prepare for that.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

Anyone wants to place a bet that Araris is going for the Hrovell? :P If I didn't have prior engagements, I might actually join him in the brawl for old times' sake. I miss Tenth of the Dusk.

@StrikerEZ Bro I'm disappointed you backed out :( 

Edited to add: I think a player started with an AF and used it. Very light Village credence for that, given TUA's behaviour in LG73 where he hoarded maps. The Hrovell was not in the stockpile in the day.

Edited by Kasimir

RIP me making sure my meme c/p'd in correctly >> I tried to tie it, but even if it had gone through, I had overlooked the fact that Fifth was on Stick prior to switching so it wouldn't have worked anyway. It was a vote at heart so I'm not counting that as a break in my personal philosophy to vote every cycle :P.

Speaking of which, @Fifth Scholar, what was that besides adding evidence to my theory that you're e/e with Stick? :P 

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

@ half the group, why didn't you grab anything?

Yeah, what's with that...

I ascribe an extremely low probability to none of the elims grabbing items, so who wants to narrow down the people who grabbed items into a useable PoE? :ph34r: 

19 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:
  • Kasimir grabbed a Pewter Vial

I'm so glad Kas got the Pewter I can't even say

1 minute ago, Dannnex said:

translation: dannex conf vil cause he didnt grab an item lol

I ascribe a lower probability to all of the elims grabbing items :P.

Dannnex conf afk since he didn't grab an item :P 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I ascribe a lower probability to all of the elims grabbing items :P.

Dannnex conf afk since he didn't grab an item :P 

let it be known that mat is 100% reading me conf vil. disregard anything he says claiming otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'm so glad Kas got the Pewter I can't even say

Why? :P

Alright, let's take a look at where the items went. Here's a quick comparison of the Stockpile D1 and N1:

D1:

Spoiler
  • 1 Iron Vial
  • 2 Tin Vials
  • 1 Pewter Vial
  • 1 Zinc Vial
  • 2 Brass Vials
  • 3 Copper Vials
  • 1 Electrum Vial
  • 1 Cadmium Vial
  • 2 Bendalloy Vials
  • 3 Aluminum Vials
  • 1 Duralumin Vials
  • 3 Chromium Vials
  • 1 Nicrosil Vial
  • 1 Painrial
  • 1 Shade Gun
  • 1 Attractor Fabrial

N1:

Spoiler
  • 1 Iron Vial
  • 1 Tin Vial
  • 2 Brass Vials
  • 2 Copper Vials
  • 1 Bronze Vial
  • 1 Gold Vial
  • 1 Electrum Vial
  • 1 Bendalloy Vial
  • 2 Aluminum Vials
  • 1 Duralumin Vial
  • 3 Chromium Vials
  • 2 Nicrosil Vials
  • 1 Hrovell Potion
  • 1 Painrial

What's the delta? Well:

+1 Hrovell Potion
+1 Painrial (-1 from Orlok)
-1 Shade Gun (Thaid)
-1 Pewter Vial (Security Officer)
-1 Attractor Fabrial (Archer)
+1 Nicrosil Vial
+1 Tin Vial (-2 from Mat and Stick)
-1 Copper Vial (Bort)
-1 Aluminium Vial (Karn)
-1 Cadmium Vial (Ash)
-1 Bendalloy Vial (Steel)
-1 Zinc Vial (Fifth)
+1 Gold Vial
+1 Bronze Vial

The appearance of two items makes me wonder if there were two AFs used D1, but that's a bit odd - we can postulate maybe one AF for now. It's also possible a Metallurgist decided to trigger their ability once during the Day, but that's an odd choice - better to fire at Night to force more accountability with item claiming.

Likely some of the people who didn't send in actions may have competed for an item. Would not be surprised if there was some AF competition, or some people brawling with me for pewter, for instance.

Someone correct me if I've missed something as I haven't yet set up my tracker spreadsheet.

Edited by Kasimir
formatting

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

@ half the group, why didn't you grab anything?

Tried and lost the coin toss I guess. Sad. To the person who won the coin toss, you don't know who you are but I do. You get a solid "grrr" on the mood scale. 

So by the looks of it, some items were added to the stockpile. 

See the spoiler for some mathy bits

Spoiler

Old

• 1 Iron Vial 
  • 2 Tin Vials - 2 (Matrim, Stick)
  • 1 Pewter Vial - 1 (Kasimir)
  • 1 Zinc Vial - 1 (Fifth)
  • 2 Brass Vials
  • 3 Copper Vials - 1 (Bort)
  • 1 Electrum Vial
  • 1 Cadmium Vial - 1 (Ashbringer)
  • 2 Bendalloy Vials - 1 (Steeldancer)
  • 3 Aluminum Vials - 1 (Karnatheon)
  • 1 Duralumin Vials
  • 3 Chromium Vials
  • 1 Nicrosil Vial
  • 1 Painrial - 1 (Orlok)
  • 1 Shade Gun - 1 (Thaidakar)
  • 1 Attractor Fabrial - 1 (Archer)

Theoretical new

• 1 iron
  • 2 brass
  • 2 copper
  • 1 electrum
  • 1 bendalloy
  • 2 aluminum
  • 1 duralumin
  • 3 chromium
  • 1 nicrosil

Actual new

• 1 Iron Vial
  • 1 Tin Vial
  • 2 Brass Vials
  • 2 Copper Vials
  • 1 Bronze Vial
  • 1 Gold Vial
  • 1 Electrum Vial
  • 1 Bendalloy Vial
  • 2 Aluminum Vials
  • 1 Duralumin Vial
  • 3 Chromium Vials
  • 2 Nicrosil Vials
  • 1 Hrovell Potion
  • 1 Painrial

Added

• 1 tin
  • 1 bronze
  • 1 gold
  • 1 hrovell
  • 1 painrial

Some things from last cycle

@Matrim's Dice, when I said that I thought Thaidakar's claim was genuine, I meant I thought it came from a villager because I'd think that an elim wouldn't be so careless and ther ewasn't a lot of time to set up a gmabit like that since it was right at the starrt of cycle. Poor phrasing on my part. Sorry. Also the coordination bit was in the scenario where everyone forcefully colludes not in reality so... yeah. 

Somehow I didn't realize Kasimir was claiming Thief security officer until just now when I was backreading. Thank you for keeping the people of this ship safe, good sir! Vor entye. (Thank you (formal))

Thaidakar still hasn't read the rules? Please read those forwards, backwards, sideways, in a mirror, and every oher way you can think of because that's very very very important

And now some RP because I forgot to do that

Somewhere in the ship, there is a lost child who is not lost because lost implies a certain lack of agency and Kali knew exactly what they were getting into on this ship. They'd heard all the rumors, visited all the suspicious parts of town, seen the knives tucked up sturdy sleeves. Hiding away in a diplomatic envoy flying through a warzone was still better than what waited for them at home. They hadn't predicted the rebels, but knives are still knives, regardless of their wielders, and if they were caught, they'd die one way or another. Either at the hand of a rebel, or sent back to their doom. Maybe they wouldn't sneak some rations from the nearby storage room tonight. Too risky.

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:
  Hide contents

vKUuNoc.png

The better question is, why are you not

anyway, with one of the capitalization offenders eliminated, my heart can rest in peace. 

I didn't realize that it revealed what we take though. That's REALLY interesting from an analysis perspective. Now how to analyze it is completely beyond me, though. 

10 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I didn't realize that it revealed what we take though. That's REALLY interesting from an analysis perspective. Now how to analyze it is completely beyond me, though. 

It'll partly be useful for actions tracking, and following item flows. Which is a bit more my thing because of my wincon, but can be helpful to you guys because a random voter on the successful exe train gets an item, the rest go back into the Stockpile. A killer also gets one random item from their victim, and the rest goes back to the Stockpile. Unfortunately, unlike LG5, you can't really item scan, which had been a nuisance for us Ghostbloods because we didn't want the Village seeing we had items we weren't supposed to have.

But of course, if I hit someone and find they have something they aren't supposed to be having =)

We gon' have words, my lads. I'm interested in your contraband =)

This isn't an issue D1 because even if TUO did start with an item, players only start with one maximum, so there's no way of accounting for Stockpile numbers without postulating someone using an AF D1 or a Metallurgist going for their action D1. I'd probably lean Metallurgist, actually, at the moment. But I think it's only one because the item delta isn't that great.

Edited to add: It'll become a bit more tricky at Night as Night actions taking from the Stockpile are not announced, so you absolutely have to watch the delta and do your best to infer from it.

Edited by Kasimir

Periodic reminder that you can PM me or ping me about any concerns or problems.

Spoiler

Day 1 Report:

Survivor still in lockdown. Not in danger. No luck retrieving override code.

Speaking of luck, ExMach Inadeus’s just ran out. A surprising thing for someone our records listed as a chromium compounder savant even before he received the medallions to become a full Mistborn. Captain Kellian was flipping a boxing to decide whether _Stick_ or ExMach would face interrogation when Christel made the decision for him. The coin favored ExMach of course, but by then it wasn’t a tie anymore.

ExMach Inadeus wasn’t ours. Rejected an offer for better opportunities out of hand, thought his manufactured luck would be enough for him. We’ll make sure he doesn’t come back from interrogation. His medallions will make you a lovely gift. Stand by for further updates.

Don’t stand by for too long, this could take a while if it took a whole day to decide on a single person to interrogate. Any new developments planetside?

Rhythm of Resolve

-Larkin -Lanceryn

arfybsanK7GPy0xur4ywfbeddWioPmIdA-gz3NKpXBZwmWcgbGFgH4mO2K8w8eOVDUM1avKLF7AwtK5tUwwlYtbRIyqFxXXMKVz-t7AGmhLVBj2Xa01p2OD1q54Z8fMGwrdhUJ6l

Roshar Report #1

Good to hear that none of our agents have been found yet, and especially that you’re still safe. Only one interrogation so far is excellent, continue to prioritize delaying the Survivor over resolving the situation quickly. Confederation agents have infiltrated our training facilities and we’re having a hard time rooting them out. Ephemeral-Yet-Eternal thinks they can take care of the problem, but we won’t be ready to defend ourselves against a crew of Mistborn until they do.

Rhythm of Resolve

-Dawnshard

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

The Unknown Aon has been Interrogated! They were a Confederation Loyalist!

What a beautiful colour :'D

Spoiler

1xlwsy.jpg

Hmm:

25 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Just so everyone knows, there was a mistake with the Stockpile numbers. Brass was supposed to go up from 2 vials to 3. This will be updated in the main post.

Noted, so this makes our delta:

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

+1 Hrovell Potion
+1 Painrial (-1 from Orlok)
-1 Shade Gun (Thaid)
-1 Pewter Vial (Security Officer)
-1 Attractor Fabrial (Archer)
+1 Nicrosil Vial
+1 Tin Vial (-2 from Mat and Stick)
-1 Copper Vial (Bort)
-1 Aluminium Vial (Karn)
-1 Cadmium Vial (Ash)
-1 Bendalloy Vial (Steel)
-1 Zinc Vial (Fifth)
+1 Gold Vial
+1 Bronze Vial
+1 Brass Vial

Given the number of interactions in this game, I'm still more comfortable with thinking it's from one AF or from one Metallurgist acting. The lack of vial symmetry also pushes me in that direction.