gdQv0oV.png

LHsIYrX.png

qTQgfS7.png

:|

Spoiler

65j6d8.jpg

:P.

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Correction: I haven't played against V!Fifth. I've only ever played against E!Fifth and that was just two iterations of the one game. Ask him to tell you the tragedy of Darth Fifth the Sith Lord in MR38 sometime. Think I did fairly well even if everyone in that game sussed me for yeeting Yoda D1 (sorry Aman D: )

Dooku whipped his head around at the mention of his old green... friend. He wanted to say something, wanted so badly to disgrace Yoda's name, but no. He couldn't give away that his name was related to anything.

"Who's that?" he asked, instead.

~

Ah, ok. Not that it's any less bizarre though.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Okay. The MR is no longer entirely on fire so I've got something to say.

One - the Elim kill isn't an Elim kill, it's a Steel Vial. This has the obvious implications that they can be hoarded, found with Bronze, etc, but there's another thing: Elims can use Duralumin and Nicrosil on the Elim Steel kill. So I'd prefer those get grabbed during the Day when we can keep track of who's got them. (When I first thought of this I thought there were three Duralumin when that's three Chromium, so less of an immediate danger, but still.)

Two, I'm ignoring what I just said and am going for the cadmium. If you know why I'll promise not to use it on you :P

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

One - the Elim kill isn't an Elim kill, it's a Steel Vial. This has the obvious implications that they can be hoarded, found with Bronze, etc, but there's another thing: Elims can use Duralumin and Nicrosil on the Elim Steel kill. So I'd prefer those get grabbed during the Day when we can keep track of who's got them. (When I first thought of this I thought there were three Duralumin when that's three Chromium, so less of an immediate danger, but still.)

Are... you sure? I've always interpreted it as just a flavor for the elim kill, and not a vial that functions as all other vials do.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Are... you sure? I've always interpreted it as just a flavor for the elim kill, and not a vial that functions as all other vials do.

One of the Rule Clarifications is that Elims don't need to use their daily Steel Vial the cycle they get it, so it works like a vial acquisition that way. I'd assume it works that way in other ways.

7 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

One of the Rule Clarifications is that Elims don't need to use their daily Steel Vial the cycle they get it, so it works like a vial acquisition that way. I'd assume it works that way in other ways.

I just took that to mean the elims aren't required to kill. When taken in the way you describe it also implies they can stock up and mass-kill down the road, which doesn't seem right to me. @StrikerEZ? :P. Question I guess specifically being if the steel vials the elims receive function more as a regular elim kill with flavor, or as the other steel vials in the game.

The elim kill steel vials are mostly like the normal ones. The elims can stockpile them and use them whenever, and they interact with other metals in the same way. But they exist in a stockpile for the elims that does not belong to any one elim player, and any elim can use any vial(s) they have in the elim stockpile.

Okay. I think that’s everything. :P

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

The elim kill steel vials are mostly like the normal ones. The elims can stockpile them and use them whenever, and they interact with other metals in the same way. But they exist in a stockpile for the elims that does not belong to any one elim player, and any elim can use any vial(s) they have in the elim stockpile.

Wait how does that work with Leeching? Can the stockpiled Steel be Leeched?

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Wait how does that work with Leeching? Can the stockpiled Steel be Leeched?

My ruling is that steel vials are only going to be considered in an elim’s inventory, so to speak, if they are using one (or more) on a turn they are leeched.

Hmm. That is much more annoying than I was hoping for.

But no, I guess it's not functionally too different, just with the added possibility of Duralumin/Nicrosil and a late mass-wipeout. It is probably a good idea to grab those metals, but honestly as long as we know who has them I don't care too much. If the elim kill is Duralumined out of nowhere and we know who has the Duralumin, that's a PoE we can definitely work with.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Can Elims stuff more vials (cough Pewter cough) into the stockpile? Or just the daily steel?

Just the daily steel. They could pass other vials (and only vials) between each other, however.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Just the daily steel. They could pass other vials (and only vials) between each other, however.

Good to know.

Makes Leeching a bit... well, actually it makes Leeching a bit exactly balanced. Just makes it not as effective against Arsonist stockpiling.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cover4.jpg

I was specifically avoiding calling it that xD It's not the same thing, if the elims go for that option (which I kind of doubt tbh, but this is a completely pointless theorization route) they choose who dies all in one cycle instead of marking them.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I was specifically avoiding calling it that xD It's not the same thing, if the elims go for that option (which I kind of doubt tbh, but this is a completely pointless theorization route) they choose who dies all in one cycle instead of marking them.

Can y'all stop crossing the threads :P

I'm confiscating your items or your non-items; please disperse, citizens.

16 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@JNV, I'd like to probe your thoughts on this, particularly your suggestion that holders should be reluctant to use it. Looking first only at it taking away allomancy, I think even if one used it randomly, a ~1/4 chance of taking away an eliminator's ability to make the kill and use metals is very much worth a ~3/4 chance of taking away a villager's ability to use metals, even if we only consider it's potential on LyLo. Beyond that, I've always been opposed to village reluctance to vig kill. I'm not sure it's consistent to require a higher threshold of suspicion to kill someone than to vote on them with the intent to kill them. Further, if we assume a villager is even slightly more likely to find an eliminator suspicious than a villager suspicious, a vig kill is net positive to use. If a vig kill has even a one in three chance of hitting an eliminator, and eliminators make up one in four players, then on average vigilante kills will hurt the eliminators more than they hurt the village.

The 10% chance of your own death does change the equation, but I think the knife remains worth using at even a moderate level of confidence in a player being evil.

So I was thinking that if you had a suspicion about a person, you'd just bring it up in thread? And get them voted out? Scans happen at night so there's a whole bit of voting. I advised reluctane because the idea of a lot of villagers dying and hobbled seems bad and there are better ways to kill people. I guess if the Investigator scans someone as evil and that person is very trusted the knife could be good but other than that I really don't see why people wouldn't just hold on to it until they know more later and just talk it out more.

13 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'll join you on JNV, going off my previous point since a half reason is better than a joke reason :P.

So your "previous point" was that you had an instinctual negative reaction to an opening post that is a rules analysis. I cna't do anything to change what my opening post was. Cool. It was something thrown together quickly so I'd have a post in the first few hours instead of waiting another 24 since I can only post about now. Honestly, with all the joking votes on returning players, I'm pretty okay with this. I'd rather die than ruin someone else's attempt to come back to something they've been away from fro a while especially since there's a whole other game for me.

10 hours ago, Biplet said:

Anyway, hello @Bort! We've never met I don't think. And hello to you @JNV while I'm thinking about it. I don't think we've met either. Am I missing anyone else I don't know? There's... a lot of players here. Thought TUO was a new player bc of the name change for a sec... oops

Hi! This is my second game so I don't think we've ever met! Nice to meet you!

Okay now direct mentions are over down to looking at everything.

I think Thaidakar's claim is genuine. It reads very much like honest slip, and it happened so early in the cycle that I can't see plotting to slip like that as an elim

The coordination debate is really just a matter of opinion, but I have sort of the reverse opinion as Matrim where I'd rather coordinate during the day than the night beause it forces accountability when the results are right there but in the night it just allows for tampering or stealing from other people

If those votes for returning players stay on there, we are going to have words. I have opinions about returning players (give them at least a cycle, possibly two in a longer game) and I will not hesitate to throw hands

The elim duralumin thoughts are good thoughts and things to be worried about and I appreciate you bringing them up

Thats all for today since it's like three hours past when I should be asleep so I'll see you in like 20 hours. I don't really have a vote and I don't think I'll get one before the cycle ends sadly. Bye!

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Bro you haven't ever played me as a neutral, how would you know what my neutral meta is smh

Edited to add: I haven't ever played me as a neutral and I can confirm my neutral meta is a lot of crying at trying to suppress Village impulses and a lot of chilling and trolling and vibing.

Hit me up in PMs guys, down to chill and vibe and just have a good time, who needs analysis anyway :P 

Edited to add 2: 

TBH I have a fairly firmed up Orlok read for the moment =)

You claimin bro? Not that I mind, I'm an advocate of winning with as many people as possible. 

As long as I'm among them. 

I'm not sure what to make of the flurry of votes, or how to read into them. I feel so incompetent on day one, have ever since I got back from my mission. Whatever I vote on is more of a shotgun in the dark. 

That being said, I'll vote sometime tomorrow. I'm going to bed now, and am uninterested in utilizing any more brain cells than absolutely necessary before bed. Including to RP. 

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

You claimin bro? Not that I mind, I'm an advocate of winning with as many people as possible. 

As long as I'm among them. 

I'm not sure what to make of the flurry of votes, or how to read into them. I feel so incompetent on day one, have ever since I got back from my mission. Whatever I vote on is more of a shotgun in the dark. 

That being said, I'll vote sometime tomorrow. I'm going to bed now, and am uninterested in utilizing any more brain cells than absolutely necessary before bed. Including to RP. 

Am I, bro? =) 

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

:|

Hide contents

65j6d8.jpg

Spoiler

booooo.png

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Spoiler

this-is-where-the-fun-begins-19229475.pn

I will say that I think duralumin is a bit of an IKYK when it comes to elims. Chromium I think is far less useful for the village and more so for the elims. I don't think an elim would go for steel.

Edit: To expand on the duralumin comment, I think villagers want it just as much as elims, but the elims have a slightly more sus alternative in chromium. Steel is so sus that anyone but the most trusted person grabbing it would be an instant tell.

Edited by The Unknown Aon

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

My ruling is that steel vials are only going to be considered in an elim’s inventory, so to speak, if they are using one (or more) on a turn they are leeched.

Hmm.

So I take it if you are a conscientious security officer who takes non-violent resolution to problems very seriously and would like to confiscate all contraband and make the Loyalists and Traitors resolve their difficulties via negotiation like mature adults - you can't actually confiscate their steel vials because OoA, yeah?

Asking for a friend.

I'll go back to chilling now <3

hmu in PMs as long as you're fun, idc if you're Village or Evil or Thief, all are welcome! :D

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Hullo Stick. Care to explain the vote? At least I was nice in LG74 and let you live :P 

Bold of you to assume I want to kill you smh smh my vote isn't even on you any more :P Mostly just wanted to see what Araris would do given:

On 16/02/2022 at 8:16 AM, Araris Valerian said:

I strongly oppose any movement to vote out Fifth or Bort D1 and will back that up with the full force of... whatever I can muster this game. Possibly a homicidal school bus if it turns out I'm elim

All he said was:

16 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Also, I'd just like to point out that Fifth currently has the most votes, so it might be helpful if some people can vote a bit to kill someone else.

Which is arguably not a homicidal school bus but. Chalk it up to NAI.

Szeth