2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Just a reminder to everyone that each turn you can any vials you have, one non-vial item, one role/faction action, one vial passing action, and then take an item. Yes I know that's a lot of things you can do. I am not ready for the chaos. Also, taking an item doesn't count as an action for action tracking. 

what's that yellow highlighted area about? what does that mean? does that just mean taking an item?

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

what's that yellow highlighted area about? what does that mean? does that just mean taking an item?

I believe it's supposed to say you can use any vials you have. As in use any Allomantic abilities you have vials of metal available for.

Guys I didn't expect to get this many players and all of my dropdown menus for putting players' votes in don't include Tani or Fifth because I didn't format far enough in the spreadsheet because I didn't think I'd get twice the number of players I'd originally planned for. :P

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Guys I didn't expect to get this many players and all of my dropdown menus for putting players' votes in don't include Tani or Fifth because I didn't format far enough in the spreadsheet because I didn't think I'd get twice the number of players I'd originally planned for. :P

So obviously we vote for Tani and Fifth. To make your life easier, of course

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

Sounds like a problem easily solved by voting Tani and Fifth out first...

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Right, PMs are open.

So, I’ve been playing for almost two years and never have played with v!Fifth. Obviously Fifth is the only vote that makes sense to cast at this present moment. :P 

I’d rather not coordinate items during the Day because we could probably reason a few things out based on what people take. The Night may be a different story, but for me personally, I don’t think I’ll ever claim what item I’m taking publicly.

Bro I am half an hour into my chill, quiet, RPful game, please reserve judgment >> Also, c'mon, after so many elim games in a row, RNGesus wouldn't make me evil again, the universe needs to balance out eventually >>

Agreed on item coordination, and I would also be wary of doing it in PMs. Aside from the thief getting his pick of targets, there's also sheer numbers; if every elim is in contact with even one or two villagers who are coordinating this way, and people are being honest, they can get a pretty good map of interactions. Not saying there's no benefit to sharing or coordinating, just be aware that any information you give can and will be used against you in the wrong hands, and you've got to decide if the info you get is worth that risk.

"Etyc'aruetiise", Haen spat on hearing the reason for the commotion. Maybe he should have put more effort into finding another place to be. To late for that now.

If there was gonna be killing, he needed a weapon. Not a tracy'uur, he thought. Too many enclosed spaces on the ship. A kal would be better, but there wouldn't be any in the general stockpile he knew. Beskar or something similar would have to do. Better to check stuff out early before the mad dash.

With a grunt, he trundled off to see what he could get his hands on.

2 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Bro I am half an hour into my chill, quiet, RPful game, please reserve judgment >> Also, c'mon, after so many elim games in a row, RNGesus wouldn't make me evil again, the universe needs to balance out eventually >>

And yet, Kas hasn't been elim since 2014 :P Allegedly.

38 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Also, c'mon, after so many elim games in a row, RNGesus wouldn't make me evil again, the universe needs to balance out eventually >>

Well, if Striker took lessons from Kas when putting together his RNG, anything is possible. Also, @Matrim's Dice@Karnatheon and @Thaidakar the Ghostblood, I strongly oppose any movement to vote out Fifth or Bort D1 and will back that up with the full force of... whatever I can muster this game. Possibly a homicidal school bus if it turns out I'm elim.

I'll plop my vote on JNV, who is no longer a first-timer, and thus no longer (mostly) exempt from the D1 vote.

I'd grab the PirateHrovell Potion, but it's not available, so I guess I'll try for some Tin and see how that goes.

Edit: Added Matrim to my above list

Edited by Araris Valerian

Hi! This is probably my only post for now because it's pretyt late but I thought I'd do a quick recap of all the rules (mostly for me but you can look at it too)

Factions

Pretty standard except the traitors get an item to kill so the Thief could steal the steel vial from them possibly if they're stockpiling. Sad that the thief doesn't really want to do that because it's non Scadrial items

Stockpile

Pretty standard items stock. @StrikerEZ in the last post on the first page you said there were separate item passing and item taking actions but in the rules it says that you can pass but if you do you can't take from the pile. Which is correct?

Metals 

• Iron. Protect
  • Steel. Kill
  • Tin. Target scaner
  • Pewter. Extra life
  • Zinc. Vote move
  • Brass. Vote cancel
  • Copper. Invisible.
  • Bronze. See metal
  • Gold. Like tin but for you
    • Seems good if you have pewter and die but that's unpredictable
    • @StrikerEZ since pewter is passive, your other metal actions will still go through even though you burn pewter?
  • Electrum. Block a random action
    • Imagine burning electrum and you block the protect but not the kill
  • Cadmium. Role delay. 
    • Seems unhelpful honestly
    • @StrikerEZ when a person's actions are delayed, is the vial consumed on the turn the actions were supposed to happen or the turn it actually happens
    • If the latter and the thief steals the requisite vial before the action, what happens?
  • Bendalloy. Random redirect
    • Also seems unhelpful
  • Aluminum. Won't save your life but will save you from a lot of unpleasant things
  • Duralumin. Extra target next turn
    • Seems good if you have good vials
  • Chromium. Destroy vial.
    • @StrikerEZ at what point in the OoA does the elim steel vial receiving happen?
  • Nicrosil. Like duralumin but for friends
    • Trust is hard.

Roles

Metallurgist. Item refresh @StrikerEZ is there an upper bound to items in the stockpile?

Investigator. Alighnemnt scanner. Seems good. Having PMs is nice for this because they can tell te scanned. Also elim gambit fodder.

Hazekiller. Roleblock. Good for finding killers.

Items

Hrovell potion. This seems very very powerful. Seems worse for village because majority and also uninformed

Painrial. Item snatch. Seems violent. Probably violates some Geneva Conventions.

Shade Gun. Random redirect. Basically bendalloy but immune to being watched but also aluminum.

Attractor fabrial. Add to stockpile. Great.

Anti Investiture knife. Use only in times of desperation. It will take away an elims ability to kill (because steel vial) and possibly kill them but you have to be certain and also you might die.

I am signing off for the night. I'll see you tomorrow-ish probably! Ret'! (Bye!)

EDIT: Araris, I appreciate the vote. It's the vote of "you're not a complete rookie anymore". Thanks!

Edited by JNV

11 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not usually huge advocator of permanent stab votes, so unless something comes up you can bet my vote will change. Just didn't want to pass up on the opportunity :P.

7 minutes ago, JNV said:
    • @StrikerEZ since pewter is passive, your other metal actions will still go through even though you burn pewter?

I think as long as you have Pewter, you don't have to do anything else to survive an attack. That's what 'passive' typically means, at least.

8 minutes ago, JNV said:
  • Seems unhelpful honestly

Cadmium has my vote for the most underrated metal, though I think most of its practical use comes late-game when it has a better chance of blocking the kill. It can function as a sort of pseudo-roleblock if you know what to look for.

Haem pulled up the stockpile inventory listing as he worked his way towards it, considering. Continuing supply was good, and he wondered about the Attractor Fabrial. Would it break after one use, or could it stand up to continual use. He wondered too if there were any other ways that the stockpile would receive additional supplies.

8 minutes ago, JNV said:

Pretty standard items stock. @StrikerEZ in the last post on the first page you said there were separate item passing and item taking actions but in the rules it says that you can pass but if you do you can't take from the pile. Which is correct?

Oops, that’s my bad. Yes, you are correct. You can either pass an item or grab an item. Taking one doesn’t count as an “action” in terms of scans, while passing one would.

9 minutes ago, JNV said:

@StrikerEZ since pewter is passive, your other metal actions will still go through even though you burn pewter?

Yes, this is correct.

9 minutes ago, JNV said:

@StrikerEZ when a person's actions are delayed, is the vial consumed on the turn the actions were supposed to happen or the turn it actually happens

The turn it actually happens. Before you ask, that does not mean that you could cancel the action or anything like that before it happens (without someone roleblocking or redirecting you or something). Does that make sense?

11 minutes ago, JNV said:

@StrikerEZ at what point in the OoA does the elim steel vial receiving happen?

The elims’ steel vials don’t belong to any one member of the team at any given point, and therefore don’t get treated as item available to steal/destroy.

11 minutes ago, JNV said:

Metallurgist. Item refresh @StrikerEZ is there an upper bound to items in the stockpile?

PAFO :)

Me and fifth... What could possibly go wrong :lol:

I am really excited to play this game. 

With no steel, that means anyone burning steel this first cycle is definitely elim. Or... Actually strike that they could have just spawned with one. 

I'm going to be busy for the next 24 hours or so playing the new Genshin Impact update, so don't expect anything from me for a while. 

Also, we're all mistborn? Huh. 

~~

Leets walked into the cafeteria to grab food. As he walked in, a mountain of a man stopped him.

"This is for you," he said in a suitably gruff voice. He gave Leets a medallion. 

Recognizing it for what it was, he looked up in surprise. "A mistborn medallion? I thought these were really difficult to make!?"

The man grunted, then walked away. 

Leets sighed, and patted the spikes in his pocket. "Guess I won't be needing allomantic steel anytime soon."

Honestly, between the two spikes, the feruchemical spike was much more valuable. But... Well he wouldn't use it. There was no reason too, despite the feeling of anxiety coming from those in the cafeteria. 

Something was wrong with this ship, more than just the cognitive drive malfunctioning and coming under attack. 

50 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, if Striker took lessons from Kas when putting together his RNG, anything is possible. Also, @Matrim's Dice@Karnatheon and @Thaidakar the Ghostblood, I strongly oppose any movement to vote out Fifth or Bort D1 and will back that up with the full force of... whatever I can muster this game. Possibly a homicidal school bus if it turns out I'm elim.

I'll plop my vote on JNV, who is no longer a first-timer, and thus no longer (mostly) exempt from the D1 vote.

I'd grab the PirateHrovell Potion, but it's not available, so I guess I'll try for some Tin and see how that goes.

You have my sword, Val'ika. I'm not about to see Fifth and Bort dead on their immediate return this soon. 

Honour is dead but he lives on in the heart of bros.

38 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You have my sword, Val'ika. I'm not about to see Fifth and Bort dead on their immediate return this soon. 

Honour is dead but he lives on in the heart of bros.

A conversation in a room he passed by made Haen pause to listen. Some of his old campaigners talking of sticking together for at least the short term.  Nodding in agreement, he stuck his head in the room.

"And my... whatever, once I get my hands on something. Or I guess my hands if nothing else."

He waited for no response, continuing to hurry to find what he could.

2 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

A conversation in a room he passed by made Haen pause to listen. Some of his old campaigners talking of sticking together for at least the short term.  Nodding in agreement, he stuck his head in the room.

"And my... whatever, once I get my hands on something. Or I guess my hands if nothing else."

He waited for no response, continuing to hurry to find what he could.

Gar'serim, Bev'ika. Dralshy'a tome. [That's right, M'Hael. Stronger together.]