• "I forgot I was stole nfrom"
  • Stick votes Thaidakar
    • rogot stolen and also ignoring security officer
  • Araris votes Thaidakar
    • For "not doing anything particularly village" and also voting earlier
  • Fifth votes Biplet
    • Doesn't like reasoning of Thaidakar vote
  • Kasimir votes Thaidakar
    • Ensure vote? Policy for vote returning?

So! Either I have no reading comprehension or a lot of people were citing reasoning that wasn't in the same post or wasn't around at all. Probably the former honestly. All of the Thaidakar reasoning seems a bit... nothing? Araris said Thaidakar just hadn't done anything village and also said Stick was basically equal but was okay with voting same as Stick who is apparently one of the top suspicions. I couldn't really figure out Drake's reasoning. Archer's thing only makes sense if no one menitoned it in the thread which... they did. The forgetting stolen from is... okya reasoning I guess but it tseemed kind of overplayed and especially since there were toher votes that seemed to make sense. Everyone on that train gets a bit of bad vibes except the friendly security officer because the friendly security foficer can do no wrong

I ca'nt find why people voted Steeldancer. I guess it's not thatimportant but I hae looked and cannot find its really unfortunate

I got sidetracked and forgot what I was doing so I'm just going to post this and possibly come back if I remember what was going on but I have to leave right now and I wont be back for a few hours so bye

15 minutes ago, JNV said:

Archer votes Thaidakar

• Hiding the role after saying it implies teammates

Someone claimed Mistborn. A couple other people claimed Mistborn. Thaidakar claimed a role. Someone apologized to him for getting him to claim and explained that everyone was Mistborn. Thaidakar hid his roleclaim.

To me, that implies "oops," not "my teammates are telling me to hide this," partially because Thaid is one of two newer players in this game, there are probably at least three elims, the elims are probably NOT all newbies bc that would be cruel, and therefore the older, more experienced Elim teammates probly woulda told him "welp you can't really do anything about it now."

Tho really this is all sorta halfway moot bc Y'ALL KILLED MY CHAOS BUDDY. D6J6xRU.gif

Archer I'm newer than you and you're better at this than me. There's almost no way I would think of this and v!you wouldnt.

Edited by Tani
switched "you" to "v!you"

7 minutes ago, Tani said:

Someone claimed Mistborn. A couple other people claimed Mistborn. Thaidakar claimed a role. Someone apologized to him for getting him to claim and explained that everyone was Mistborn. Thaidakar hid his roleclaim.

To me, that implies "oops," not "my teammates are telling me to hide this," partially because Thaid is one of two newer players in this game, there are probably at least three elims, the elims are probably NOT all newbies bc that would be cruel, and therefore the older, more experienced Elim teammates probly woulda told him "welp you can't really do anything about it now."

Tho really this is all sorta halfway moot bc Y'ALL KILLED MY CHAOS BUDDY. D6J6xRU.gif

Archer I'm newer than you and you're better at this than me. There's almost no way I would think of this and v!you wouldnt.

That's a funny vote in the middle of the night. 

1 hour ago, Biplet said:

You missed an important part of my post, specifically: "when it looks like the elims are building up to a mega-kill." We had new information, that information being that the elims might be hoarding steel. With that fear in mind, I didn't want to throw out a sudden side train. D1 is wayyyy different. D2 we have info.

Your post makes a lot of inferences about me, friend :P

I don't get that bit, why would side trains be a bad specifically because of that context? 

When you get to be as experienced a player as me, the IM sends you helpful tips about the game to make you look smarter. My observations are totally all based on those, not misreading things. :3

1 hour ago, JNV said:

So! Either I have no reading comprehension or a lot of people were citing reasoning that wasn't in the same post or wasn't around at all.

Everyone wrote their reasons in white text, as is standard practice. They're all there in full detail and I think you should spend a lot more time looking for them. :).

(For the new players like Illwei, please note that this is a joke.) 

57 minutes ago, Tani said:

I think you overestimate how long I've been playing this game. :P. There are no good options for defending myself here. Either I claim to be the better player but I made a mistake, or I have to compliment Tani's skills in comparison. Well played!

As I understood it, the retraction happened pretty quickly. I figured it was possible his teammates made comments that assumed he would know he can't edit stuff out, but he took them the wrong way. I was equally compelled by his fast self-pres vote on Steeldancer, by the way. Someone voted him then he immediately jumped on Steel, which felt like what an elim without a good sense of SE timing would do. 

Edited by Archer

6 hours ago, JNV said:

Kasimir votes Thaidakar

• Ensure vote? Policy for vote returning?

More or less: "Dead with or without my vote, but maybe he has Illegal Painrial #2 so let's throw a vote on and see if RNGesus smiles on me."

Edited to add:

6 hours ago, Tani said:

the elims are probably NOT all newbies bc that would be cruel

FYI, AG2. They curbstomped a Village team of myself, Wyrm, Wilson, Orlok, Aman, Maili, El, Ren, Hael. [Edited to add 2: Hreo, Araris, Alv. Seonid - the list goes on.]

never want to hear anyone talk down on a team of new players because they can shred you when you least expect it.

Edited by Kasimir

8 hours ago, JNV said:

Araris said Thaidakar just hadn't done anything village and also said Stick was basically equal but was okay with voting same as Stick who is apparently one of the top suspicions.

I too found it a bit odd that he was willing to vote alongside his top suspicion, but you have to remember that Thaid was the lead train and my exe (consisting of only Araris' vote) wasn't showing signs of taking off so it does make sense to switch to his other top suspicion. That said, at this point in time I do not read Araris as village - it's possible he only jumped on that wagon for a chance to get one of Thaid's items. 

Edited by _Stick_
'a'

13 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I too found it bit odd that he was willing to vote alongside his top suspicion, but you have to remember that Thaid was the lead train and my exe (consisting of only Araris' vote) wasn't showing signs of taking off so it does make sense to switch to his other top suspicion. That said, at this point in time I do not read Araris as village - it's possible he only jumped on that wagon for a chance to get one of Thaid's items. 

He's currently probably a null+ for me, pending revision. The main issue I had was just that he first said Thaid had enough votes on him, and that you were equal to Thaid in his eyes, and then went Thaid. If he figured Thaid had enough votes on him, why switch? Items might be a possible motivation, yeah.

Says the guy who shamelessly stacked on at the very end in futile hopes of Illegal Painrial #2.

Edited by Kasimir

AraRaash's bendalloy ran out.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

The pain hit him like a... like a... aaaaaaagh... AraRaash couldn't think of a proper analogy because it just rusting hurt like nothing he'd felt in years. He wasn't supposed to feel pain. Not like this. Rearranging and removing most of those receptors had been the first thing he'd done to Faleast's body. In any body. Since he got his first Blessing. Rusts, probably since Ati had played God and turned.... whatever psychopath he'd used... to be into a mistwraith. Why was he thinking of that? Why was he...

"Aaaaagh" was the only thing he could say. It came out slurred. Was he having a stroke? How the... how would that even be possible?

He reached for his chest, his head, anywhere he felt the pain. He was... sluggish. He'd burned bendalloy before. He'd even gotten a bit too... attached to it... but that was nothing like this. Where did it hurt. Why did it hurt. Why the ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

The spikes. 

That's where it hurt. He had one in his skull, somewhere. Three in the chest. One in his foot, which he... yep, that hurt too. Preservation wasn't here. Heck, anti-Preservation was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa was here. So what was this...

Then... slowly... something... clicked....

His bendalloy had run out.

But Faleast was still burning cadmium.

That rusting scoundrel. No wonder he couldn't move right.

Faleast...

Aaaaargh...

Turn...

Off...

The...

Cadmium...

Before...

I...

Find...

That...

Rusting...

Raysium...

Knife...

And...

KILL...

You...

I definitely know where this is going:P

Jumping in to apologise for my near inactivity this game. It has become very apparent that I just cannot manage to play two games simultaneously. I expect that the MR (or my participation in it) will conclude one way or the other soon, and at that point will engage properly here. I've (for better or worse) grown rather adept at catching up on games, and will aim to at least vote in the D3 lynch.

Wasn't expecting to work yesterday, but ended up being scheduled a full day, and today was little better, so sorta spaced out these last turns. 

Nakar'tuur ni kebbur bah mirgaanla bal me'dinuir. Tomorrow I attempt to deliberate and share.

Edited by Haelbarde

Just now, _Stick_ said:

...and here I was thinking Thaid grabbed the vial N1 and it returned to the pile after their exe xD

And here I was literally not noticing :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Got a few things to say. @Biplet @Ashbringer @Szeth_Pancakes @Matrim's Dice @Araris Valerian@Steeldancer @Amanuensis @JNV @Archer @Kasimir @|TJ| @DrakeMarshall  @Orlok Tsubodai @Dannnex @Karnatheon @Haelbarde @_Stick_ @Sequence @Bort @STINK @Tani @Fifth Scholar You've got about 4 hours to submit any actions before the turn ends. 

Also, a rules clarification update:

• Any actions that can only happen during a specific turn (e.g. kills or vote manipulation) would be delayed to the next available Night or Day turn, depending on the action, if cadmium is used on them.
  • One Traitor can submit multiple steel kills, if there are multiple in the Traitor Stockpile.
  • If you are roleblocked or redirected and did not take any actions, you will not be told that you were roleblocked or redirected.
  • The Thief does count towards the Traitors' wincon. They do not have to kill the Thief, but they do count towards the number of living players that the Traitors have to outnumber.
  • One player can link themselves to multiple players with Hrovell Potions, and all of those players will die if the poisoner dies. It does not reflect the other way around. A poisoned player dying will not kill the poisoner.
  • Metallurgist/Attractor Fabrials adding items has been moved to the end of the OoA. I don't know why it was where it was originally, and I have been doing that last anyway.
  • If a Traitor's kill(s) is(are) delayed via cadmium and they are exed the next Day turn, any steel vials they were using to submit the kill(s) would be available to be given to a player who voted on them and/or added to the Stockpile.
  • If Player A does multiple bendalloy bubbles (through having multiple vials or getting boosted), each bubble counts separately. For example, let's assume Player A puts one bubble on Player B and another on Player C. If Player B submits an action on Player A, it will hit the bubble surrounding Player A and C and get randomly redirected. 
  • Both nicrosil and duralumin need to be used the turn before you want the extra action.
  • Players who are nicrobursted are notified that they have been nicrobursted.
  • Redirects and roleblocks do not affect grabbing items from the Stockpile.
  • Using copper and zinc at the same time would not prevent your own vote from being cancelled.

I probably have a few more I need to go and find, but I have somewhere to be. These will also be in the rules doc.

7 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Getting a haircut tomorrow, so that's somewhat exciting. (I very much need a haircut :P)

I also very much need a haircut.

Just now, Biplet said:

*does a little dance*

*joins your little dance*