Just now, Amanuensis said:

Part of the issue is with the numbers so close already, a Thug being converted would buy the elims an entire extra cycle to get a kill in and probably reach parity before we can vote them all. Otherwise we need to vote out the Inquisitor today and I've got no leads =\

That's fair. Better than exeing an innocent and giving the elims yet another number closer

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

In a world where the village has 2 lurchers, a Mistborn, and a Thug, it’s plausible that there were 3 starting elims. In which case we hit exlo next cycle regardless. Maybe JNV is just the Inquisitor though and everything will work out.

I also had the theory of them being the Inquisitor with Pewter this cycle.

Edited by Amanuensis

29 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I also had the theory of them being the Inquisitor with Pewter this cycle.

If we believe that theory then they are most likely to actually get their convert out before dying >>

That is if it hasn't been used already. Not feeling the best about the JNV lynch, comes from having MLed them the past 5 or so games >>

To pathwalk a little bit. Lets assume that the inquisitor has used their convert. Assuming a starting 2 elim world because in the three elim starting world we are already at lylo if the convert was used, because parity is the elim win condition, right?

C2 7-3

C3 6-3 

C4 4-3 lylo

Versus

C2 7-3

C3 5-3 lylo if we don't hit a thug, but that just delays it and doesn't help.

Alright last one, assuming that JNV is the E!Inquisitor

C2 7-3

C3 6-3

C4 5-2

C5 3-2 lylo

Huh, seems best to exe JNV in any worlds because they could be the inquisitor. But it does waste this cycle's exe and our mistborn can't draw steel anymore. It does give us a chance to snap more people, except Mat because we don't have any kills to send his direction and the elims are most likely not going to not oblige. :P

Still going to stay on Stick for snapping potential.

@JNV @Biplet @Fifth Scholar @Araris Valerian @The Known Novel @_Stick_ @The Wandering Wizard @|TJ| @Amanuensis @Matrim's Dice Here's your 20 minute reminder to get all of your votes and actions in before rollover! You have about 20 minutes!

Sorry for the delay on this last reminder. Today was a very busy day. Had a 12 hour work day.

Edited by StrikerEZ

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

@JNV @Biplet @Fifth Scholar @Araris Valerian @The Known Novel @_Stick_ @Kasimir @|TJ| @Amanuensis @Matrim's Dice Here's your 20 minute reminder to get all of your votes and actions in before rollover! You have about 20 minutes!

Sorry for the delay on this last reminder. Today was a very busy day. Had a 12 hour work day.

Smh, you summoned the wrong person Striker!

51 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Huh, seems best to exe JNV in any worlds because they could be the inquisitor

How is this different than substituting literally anyone else in place of JNV? Because they claimed Thug?

I don’t feel good about the JNV wagon either. I’d rather we exed based on suspicions. Math is an elim tell, after all :P. Anyone wanna wagon Bip? 

On break rn so this’ll be the last you hear from me till next turn unless I post again within five minutes or am NKd :P 

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

How is this different than substituting literally anyone else in place of JNV? Because they claimed Thug?

I don’t feel good about the JNV wagon either. I’d rather we exed based on suspicions. Math is an elim tell, after all :P. Anyone wanna wagon Bip? 

On break rn so this’ll be the last you hear from me till next turn unless I post again within five minutes or am NKd :P 

It really isn't, but I can't really stop it.

Math isn't a elim tell, your entire team stayed as far away from it as possible in the last game:P

12 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Okay lemme think about this.

Let's say we don't remove the extra life, yeah? We vote someone else out? We can use Bip as an example. Worst case scenario:

C2 Biplet reveals village, spiked NK another villager (we can say you), Inquisitor converts JNV. Assuming 2-8 currently, that brings us to 3-5 against an e!Thug.

C3 we vote out e!JNV and he doesn't die, spiked NK another villager (doesn't matter who). That brings us down to 3-4.

C4 we vote out e!JNV again and he dies, spiked NK another villager (doesn't matter who). That brings us down to 2-3.

C5 is exlo and we need to find the Inquisitor + starting Spiked too. And this is even worse in a starting 3 elim world.

Edited by Amanuensis

The shadows enveloped Jen.

They always had.

Following him around.

Horrors hidden within their depths.

He could not live life away from their sight.

Ever watching.

Waiting.

Plotting.

Why would they not leave him alone?

Why could only he feel them there, hiding just out of sight?

Thirsty for his blood.

His sight was blinded by shadows and darkness.

It was all he had ever known.

The latest horror to emerge hardly startled him at this point.

He had grown accustomed to the terror.

The fear.

The sudden realization this would be the end.

Jen prepared to run, to have his last few moments of life.

Then he noticed what the horror was.

A hand.

Crushed and bruised.

Slowly, he drew near.

Uncovered the rest of the body.

Broken on the ground like a stick.

This horror had been stopped.

Brutally.

But had it been necessary?

For once Jen was unsure.

The other horrors found him there, over the dead horror.

They surrounded him and threatened him with faces he should know.

He had lived here his whole life, had he not?

This death was his fault, they said.

He should be held accountable

Had he not done a good thing, uncovering this dead horror?

They began to beat him.

This is the end.

Or is it?

A strength surged within Jen.

The shadows and horrors receded at his own hands.

A power he had yet to use.

Saved for a moment like this.

The horrors, no villagers, seemed wary of him now.

Perhaps this was his second chance at escaping them for good.

To live free of the horrors of the shadows.

JNV was sentenced for removal, but they survived!
_Stick_ was killed! They were a Village Unsnapped!

JNV (5): Biplet, Fifth Scholar, _Stick_, |TJ|, Amanuensis
_Stick_ (2): The Known Novel, The Wandering Wizard
Biplet (1): Matrim's Dice
Matrim's Dice (1): Araris Valerian

If you have not received a GM PM yet and are expecting one, please standby. They will be sent out shortly!

There will be a removal during this Cycle. Tied votes will result in a random player within the tie being removed. There is no vote minimum, though no one is removed if no one votes. There is also an inactivity filter: if you a player does not vote for 2 consecutive Cycles, they will be removed. In addition, PMs are open for this Cycle. PMs may only be one-on-one, group PMs are not allowed. All PMs must include myself and the IM, @Devotary of Spontaneity. As a last reminder, feel free to contact her if you have any moderation concerns!

@JNV This is your warning to make sure you vote this Cycle, or else you will be removed by the inactivity filter.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. @JNV - Jen, plagued by horrors hidden by the dark
  2. @Fifth Scholar - Weard Leoht...what kind of name is that anyway?
  3. @Biplet - Biplet, my lovely fiancé
  4. @Araris Valerian - Ardalan, a very friendly and very bribable obligator
  5. @The Known Novel - Damiste Maidihn, very fond of his name
  6. Channelknight Fadran - Fadran, just a player Village Soother
  7. _Stick_ - Stick, who should really be stopped Village Unsnapped
  8. @The Wandering Wizard - Wiz, a legit wizard.
  9. The Bookwyrm - Gerald Heloux, a nobleman bored by the noble life Village Tineye
  10. xinoehp512 - Xino, holding a fancy card Village Augur
  11. @|TJ| - Jandro, known for terrible pronunciation
  12. Ashbringer - Faleast, worldhopping kandra extraordinaire Village Lurcher
  13. @Amanuensis - Aman, totally chill and studious
  14. @Matrim's Dice - Mat, low effort, straight vibes

This Cycle will end at 10 pm CST, on Sunday, February 26th.

Not surprised. The consolation is that they can’t be confirmed but that still felt like a waste to me.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Math isn't a elim tell, your entire team stayed as far away from it as possible in the last game:P

Bro math was like my entire endgame strategy, remember xD

JNV - Thug (Not Confirmed)
Fifth - Mistborn (Confirmed - Inquisitor don't get Steel)
Biplet - Non-Inquisitor (Confirmed only if v!Seeker)
Araris - Non-Inquisitor (Confirmed only if v!Seeker)
TKN - Snapped Tineye ( @The Known Novel, whom did you follow last cycle?) (Can be confirmed by revealing accurate targets for 3 cycles in a row)
Wiz - Seeker (Not Confirmed)
TJ - UnSnapped (Confirmed) 
Aman - Lurcher (Not Confirmed)
Mat - UnSnapped (Not Confirmed)

Obviously, someone is lying -.-

I keep coming back to this...

14 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Someone should go back and fact check this, but the only player publicly village reading Bookwyrm was Kas. Mat and I expressed village reads on Bookwyrm, but only in PMs with Kas. 

Can't help but wonder if Kas mistook their village read as common consensus and killed Bookwyrm for it. Obviously I want to give Wizard some time but a game with very low numbers already... I'm of the mind we get one elim and then use the connections to get the Inquisitor.

9 hours ago, |TJ| said:

JNV - Thug (Not Confirmed)
Fifth - Mistborn (Confirmed - Inquisitor don't get Steel)
Biplet - Non-Inquisitor (Confirmed only if v!Seeker)
Araris - Non-Inquisitor (Confirmed only if v!Seeker)
TKN - Snapped Tineye ( @The Known Novel, whom did you follow last cycle?) (Can be confirmed by revealing accurate targets for 3 cycles in a row)
Wiz - Seeker (Not Confirmed)
TJ - UnSnapped (Confirmed) 
Aman - Lurcher (Not Confirmed)
Mat - UnSnapped (Not Confirmed)

Obviously, someone is lying -.-

I keep coming back to this...

Can't help but wonder if Kas mistook their village read as common consensus and killed Bookwyrm for it. Obviously I want to give Wizard some time but a game with very low numbers already... I'm of the mind we get one elim and then use the connections to get the Inquisitor.

I like how you confirmed yourself :P

I might as well admit I did lie about my role. In an e!Kas world, the elims have always known I'm a Thug since I claimed to him C1 and told him I was going to attempt to bait the NK by claiming to Lurch TKN. Then Stick went and lied about a Lurcher PMing her (Ash never did) which made the likelihood of me getting N1'd more unlikely in a v!Kas world, so it's harder to get a read of that slot from my survival. C2 Mat found out Thug was my real role, mostly because Kas told him that Lurcher wasn't and Mat PM'd me asking, and I said storm it cause maybe if I got attacked C2 it would clear Mat. That didn't happen tho =\

So that was a big motivating factor for why I wanted to vote JNV yesterday. After Ash flipped Lurcher and Fifth double killed, I felt two village Thugs would be too much without an e!Mistborn and wondered if JNV was the Inquisitor with Pewter or maybe even a starting e!Thug to put in kills. Plus there was just the danger of an openly claimed Thug being converted to put in kills. Which, for the record, I am willing to lose my extra life if y'all believe it necessary, now that it's out here. I think we'll need to find at least one elim first tho, and preferably the inquisitor.

My theory yesterday was that the Inquisitor was hiding among the unsnapped claims, and Stick felt the most farfetched to me, so I thought it was her. Now I'm wondering about Mat's claim. It was both the last one and the hardest one to coordinate, so idk

TBH I kinda wish JNV was Seeked last night instead of Biplet. I'd really like to know if he's a genuine Thug or the Inquisitor with Pewter

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I like how you confirmed yourself :P

I mean, it's confirmed to me xD Just replace the confirmed tag in your name for your PoV, the number of unconfirmed players remains the same. 

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

My theory yesterday was that the Inquisitor was hiding among the unsnapped claims, and Stick felt the most farfetched to me, so I thought it was her. Now I'm wondering about Mat's claim. It was both the last one and the hardest one to coordinate, so idk

My theory is that all Unsnapped are village. Striker PAFO'd my question but I still believe so because thematically it doesn't fit the narrative of 'Spiked'. 

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

TBH I kinda wish JNV was Seeked last night instead of Biplet. I'd really like to know if he's a genuine Thug or the Inquisitor with Pewter

Same, I kinda hinted to Wiz in our PMs that JNV could be a lying Inquisitor, but if he was evil and teamed with JNV, he wouldn't have scanned JNV in any case. 

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

So that was a big motivating factor for why I wanted to vote JNV yesterday. After Ash flipped Lurcher and Fifth double killed, I felt two village Thugs would be too much without an e!Mistborn and wondered if JNV was the Inquisitor with Pewter or maybe even a starting e!Thug to put in kills. Plus there was just the danger of an openly claimed Thug being converted to put in kills. Which, for the record, I am willing to lose my extra life if y'all believe it necessary, now that it's out here. I think we'll need to find at least one elim first tho, and preferably the inquisitor.

You don't wanna vote JNV again?

9 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

My theory is that all Unsnapped are village. Striker PAFO'd my question but I still believe so because thematically it doesn't fit the narrative of 'Spiked'. 

Yeah, but not everyone claiming Unsnapped has to be actually Unsnapped. Not to mention the conversion. An original unSnapped could have been converted C1 but still know their condition and just claim that.

20 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Same, I kinda hinted to Wiz in our PMs that JNV could be a lying Inquisitor, but if he was evil and teamed with JNV, he wouldn't have scanned JNV in any case. 

Oh, I more or less agree with Unsnapped being a village role. What I'm saying is one of the Unsnapped claimants could be lying about it to avoid being Seeked or action tracked. I had thought it was Stick because every other snap condition was a single instance (8 votes at once, survive a tie, survive a kill) while hers was "be the second place wagon twice in a row." That twice in a row part especially felt off, but now that she flipped my theory is that it only needed to happen once and she didn't want the elims to know she'd have a role C3.

Otherwise, if we take both yours and Mat's Unsnapped claims as honest by you're word alone, then the Inquisitor needs to be among: JNV, Biplet (if e!Wiz), Araris (if e!Wiz), or me.

Technically InquisiKas works too, but that would require Araris to be his starting partner and Biplet to be the convert, which I don't think works since the whole point of Wiz scanning Bip was because she was an Inquisitor candidate in the first place.

I'm down to start on JNV for today. I could see a two v!Thug world and in that scenario I doubt JNV was converted after we exed his extra life. Would like to hear other's ideas

ED1T:

Araris does bring up a good point that an Unsnapped could have been converted and know their condition for the claim. But unless we don't want to find the Inquisitor specifically, that doesn't super apply rn

Guess it comes down to if we think the conversion happened yet or not

Edited by Amanuensis

48 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

In our PM yesterday you implied that mine was the one that made the most sense to you. What changed? I was the last to claim because I was in school until everyone else had :P. I already explained to you that I agree with TJ and think that all Unsnapped are truthful/village because Stick/TKN had similar snapping points and TJ and I have similar snapping points. I'd be surprised if there was another Unsnapped.

40 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

I don't, really. This feels like the most of a waste to me. There's a chance they get filter-killed, and I personally village read their claim. I still like Bip as an option, and otherwise am seriously considering Aman because Thug is a good fake claim and I don't know how much I buy 2 v!Thugs in this game. The way he's been playing this game fits exactly how I imagine e!Aman to play-- he's pushing the thread in certain directions similar to the LG, but more subtly. That seems e!indicative to me. Plus, things like shading me for claiming when he implied yesterday he trusted my claim the most.

Edit: Personally, I think the conversion has happened, and if it hasn't, it will today. That's my feel based on how narrow our general Inquisitor PoE is, the pace of the game so far, and my own trigger-happy notions with conversions :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice