37 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yeah Mat but the result was smoked.

Well, now we have a more narrow 50% chance it seems. This pretty strongly suggests InqWiz or Matquisitor.

Edit: So the scan didn’t come back as vanilla/unsnapped? @The Wandering Wizard

Edited by Araris Valerian

3 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, now we have a more narrow 50% chance it seems. This pretty strongly suggests InqWiz or Matquisitor.

Or someone is lying and is a smoker :angry:, but I think it more likely points to a Matquisitor or an E!Smoker teammate. It makes sense to me from a V!Seeker standpoint.

15 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Or someone is lying and is a smoker :angry:, but I think it more likely points to a Matquisitor or an E!Smoker teammate. It makes sense to me from a V!Seeker standpoint.

Did you see my question? Did you specifically get a “Mat was Smoked” result, or just something that implied that result?

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Did you see my question? Did you specifically get a “Mat was Smoked” result, or just something that implied that result?

I specifically got a Mat was Smoked result.

ED1T: Though it was more cheerful than that.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

10 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

ED1T: Though it was more cheerful than that.

That is very interesting. Because the rules specifically say, “Seekers receive a ‘Roleless’ result when scanning a Smoked player.”

TJ Wizard

Edited by Araris Valerian

Yeah okay Wiz. I was wondering if e!Wiz would try something like this since it’s exlo and could get away with a fake scan. I guess it’s technically possible I got smoked without my knowledge but who would have done that? An e!Smoker would stick to a teammate and a v!Smoker would claim so until then I’ll stay here.

I guess I probably just failed to read Wiz yesterday, whoops :P.

Edit: Wait a minute. I would appear roleless to a Seeker, that’s how an Unsnapped looks. So… Wiz is definitely lying? Cause if he says that I came up specifically as ‘Unsnapped’ that’s not possible.

@StrikerEZ what result does a Seeker get when scanning a smoked player?

Edit2: Found the clarification Araris mentioned. So either way I should have appeared roleless.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

12 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Well the PM did say that he was unsnapped instead of roleless. Which is smoking, right?

30 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wiz Contradictory. 

Edited by |TJ|

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah okay Wiz. I was wondering if e!Wiz would try something like this since it’s exlo and could get away with a fake scan. I guess it’s technically possible I got smoked without my knowledge but who would have done that? An e!Smoker would stick to a teammate and a v!Smoker would claim so until then I’ll stay here.

I guess I probably just failed to read Wiz yesterday, whoops :P.

Edit: Wait a minute. I would appear roleless to a Seeker, that’s how an Unsnapped looks. So… Wiz is definitely lying? Cause if he says that I came up specifically as ‘Unsnapped’ that’s not possible.

@StrikerEZ what result does a Seeker get when scanning a smoked player?

Just found it myself

On 2/13/2023 at 10:33 PM, StrikerEZ said:

Rule Clarifications:

Hide contents
  • I will announce at the start of the game if the spike is in play or not. I will not announce once it has been used.
  • Augurs do not show up (for themselves or other people) as targeting themselves.
  • Seers cannot survive the removal.
  • Seekers receive a "Roleless" result when scanning a smoked player.
  • Mistborn cannot receive pewter again after surviving a removal/kill.
  • Mistborn can only use atium once per game.

So yeah, this was a framing attempt gone awry.

Also e!Wiz very much shows e!Converted!Fifth. From voting on Kas in C2 to voting alongside Wiz on Aman in C3. 

And Aman, if you're village, you probably read me better than I read you (as in you probably find me more village than I do you), and if so - the last cycle was V/V/V/V and the last elim is Bip.

edit: or Araris

Edited by |TJ|

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just found it myself

So yeah, this was a framing attempt gone awry.

Yeah, I made an Edit2 :P

Idk why I was the chosen target here though. Almost anyone else would have been better, if I were really e, I’m a useless Smoke target since I appear roleless anyway. I guess the theory would be that I’m not actually Unsnapped though.

With the test excuse I feel even better about this, I think

Edit: And also, why frame me when you can frame Bip? I agree with TJ, points to Wiz/Bip + Fifth

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Also e!Wiz very much shows e!Converted!Fifth. From voting on Kas in C2 to voting alongside Wiz on Aman in C3. 

And Aman, if you're village, you probably read me better than I read you (as in you probably find me more village than I do you), and if so - the last cycle was V/V/V/V and the last elim is Bip.

edit: or Araris

TBH I believe that. I don't think e!Wiz pulls this unless he thinks framing Mat wins the game. Or they're insane and distancing but RN, Wiz/Bip/Fifth makes the most sense

Sorry for doubting you Mat :P

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

TBH I believe that. I don't think e!Wiz pulls this unless he thinks framing Mat wins the game. Or they're insane and distancing but RN, Wiz/Bip/Fifth makes the most sense

Sorry for doubting you Mat :P

Seconded, but I wouldn’t call anything yet >> V/V/V/V is kinda ouch. Would explain the low engagement yesterday, though. Miskilling me would win the game with a 2 person team plus convert.

Ugh.

Inquisitor Wizard with Bronze* C1 and Pewter today?

Biplet is non-Inquisitor partner who Wiz "scanned"?

Obviously didn't Seek anyone last night if this was the play?

@Araris Valerian do you think Kas could have potentially duped you, or do you believe he was the convert?

Edited by Amanuensis

8 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Ugh.

Inquisitor Wizard with Bronze* C1 and Pewter today?

Biplet is non-Inquisitor partner who Wiz "scanned"?

Obviously didn't Seek anyone last night if this was the play?

@Araris Valerian do you think Kas could have potentially duped you, or do you believe he was the convert?

I mean, I had a village read on him, but apparently a bunch of other folks found him off. So it could go either way.

We might lose regardless, due to vote manip.

16 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I mean, I had a village read on him, but apparently a bunch of other folks found him off. So it could go either way.

We might lose regardless, due to vote manip.

I forgot that too =\ 4v-3e means elims can vote together and riot. Ugh.

ED1T:

@Araris Valerian since Wiz already knows your role, I'm guessing you're not a Soother/Rioter, right?

Edited by Amanuensis

24 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I forgot that too =\ 4v-3e means elims can vote together and riot. Ugh.

ED1T:

@Araris Valerian since Wiz already knows your role, I'm guessing you're not a Soother/Rioter, right?

Nope, I’m a Seer. And the fact that I never got attacked adds some extra credence to e!Wiz.

I’m not sure what the deal is with GMs giving me NK protection roles. I almost never get targeted with kills.