1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Now I’m wishing I’d let the tie RNG on the off chance TJ snaps into a vote manip role

Gods of Luck and Chance work in weird ways, bro. Who knows, I could have died. You could have died and the matter of the scan on you wouldn't be relevant and we wouldn't have been sure of e!Wiz :P. Lots of possibilities but yes, I really did not expect it to likely be V/V/V/V and maybe I should have unvoted :P. 

Anyone thinking Kas claimed to have scanned Araris non-Inquisitor to prevent future scans on Inquisitor!Araris, while actually scanning someone else in C1? I think Araris confronting Wiz this cycle is a good look for him, but still considering all the possibilities given Araris has been defending WizKas all game. 

Edit: Wait the PMs are still open this cycle, so Fifth or the Inquisitor rolled Tin. Or Bip is a Tineye.

Edited by |TJ|

15 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Gods of Luck and Chance work in weird ways, bro. Who knows, I could have died. You could have died and the matter of the scan on you wouldn't be relevant and we wouldn't have been sure of e!Wiz :P. Lots of possibilities but yes, I really did not expect it to likely be V/V/V/V and maybe I should have unvoted :P. 

Anyone thinking Kas claimed to have scanned Araris non-Inquisitor to prevent future scans on Inquisitor!Araris, while actually scanning someone else in C1? I think Araris confronting Wiz this cycle is a good look for him, but still considering all the possibilities given Araris has been defending WizKas all game. 

Edit: Wait the PMs are still open this cycle, so Fifth or the Inquisitor rolled Tin. Or Bip is a Tineye.

It was a thought on my mind last cycle, or that he really was converted when he asked Kas, but after questioning Wiz the way he did I really doubt it. At the very least, I would expect him to give Wiz the correct response in their doc. This seems more like a genuine attempt at a frame job getting caught out for a lie.

ED1T:

TBH I think e!Wiz saw I was suspicious of him and Mat both and since they couldn’t kill me, framing Mat to get myself and others to vote him today would equal the win. Purposely arranging an open wolf who can’t die just to squeak a win seems unnecessary in comparison.

ED2T:

@|TJ| I also think e!Fifth and e!Wiz both voted me hoping I’d lose my extra life for an NK too.

Edited by Amanuensis

41 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Wait the PMs are still open this cycle, so Fifth or the Inquisitor rolled Tin. Or Bip is a Tineye.

Actually, right after Wiz subbed in, I asked what he scanned Bip as and he said she was a Tineye

Well, that's nice! Wiz

Okay, I guess that also implicates me tho, looking at the thread, because kaswiz scanned me and Aman and Mat want me dead. Especially Mat lol. Best defense I can give is that a wiz scan would set me up for a viable misexe in the event that Wiz flips elim.

Glad my feelings about Mat are looking correct tho. Also he did nothing last night, according to my scan, so that also lends itself to v!mat and Wiz being evil

43 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Well, that's nice! Wiz

Okay, I guess that also implicates me tho, looking at the thread, because kaswiz scanned me and Aman and Mat want me dead. Especially Mat lol. Best defense I can give is that a wiz scan would set me up for a viable misexe in the event that Wiz flips elim.

Glad my feelings about Mat are looking correct tho. Also he did nothing last night, according to my scan, so that also lends itself to v!mat and Wiz being evil

I'm trying not to personify my LG92 role right now, but let's just say I deserved to get it >> Depending on Wiz's flip, Inquisitor or not, it would implicate you or Araris. I think you're more likely but an Inquisitor + Tineye starting distro isn't one that makes sense to me so idk

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Here’s your ~11 hour reminder to get any vote changes and/or actions in before rollover! :P @Biplet @Fifth Scholar @Araris Valerian @The Wandering Wizard @|TJ| @Amanuensis @Matrim's Dice

Also, the official vote count is everyone except Wiz is voting on Wiz. Wiz is voting for Mat.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If we get hammered and manipped at the end I’m going to be sad :( 

Same =\

(6) The Wandering WizardAraris ValerianAmanuensisMatrim's Dice|TJ|BipletFifth Scholar
(1) Matrim's DiceThe Wandering Wizard,

Though at this point I think it's more likely Wizard is going to survive the exe and we lose anyway =\

4 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Thing with the hammer + manip is that we can’t really do anything to counter it if it exists, so :/ we may as well stay the course where we can

sadly I drew my vote manip metals C2/3 so I cannot help :/

Well, there’s always Atium/Electrum/Copper. I wouldn’t be surprised if Aman is right, so hopefully we can dodge the kill somehow.

So, Bip’s got a concert right now, which I’m attending. I also have to take her home afterwards. Plus my phone is about to die. Hopefully I can get my phone plugged up in my car and charged enough to close the Cycle, but just be aware I might not be around to close it. Here’s my official statement that anything after 10 pm CST will not be counted. Also here’s my warning that rollover might be longer than normal, unless I can get home faster than I currently expect to.

Varloux was furious. That cursed terriswoman had brought death and destruction to Creston. With the latest murder and message being planted right on the outside of his inn, Varloux's business plummeted. There was only one thing he could do.

Kick Wandwy out.

The next morning, he stormed up to Wandwy's room and banged on her door. He waited only a minute before barging in.

Wandwy sat primly at her desk in the room, reading another one of those hefty books she had brought with her.

"What is the meaning of this?" She said, slamming her book down on the desk and standing to turn towards Varloux.

"You don't even know what's been going on in this town ever since you got here," Varloux started, walking up to her. "Ever since you got here, people have been killed. Brutally. The town has started tearing itself apart trying to figure out who's been doing it. I didn't really believe your fancy stories about important secrets and a dark god, but now I do. They pinned a dead body to this inn. I think they know you're here."

"Oh dear," Wandwy said softly. "They have finally found me here, I think. Yet why not kill me yet? Are they waiting to set up the perfect opportunity? Is Ruin being hindered by other forces, leaving him unable to completely devote his attention here? Whatever the case may be, it means that my mission is of the utmost importance. I must find a way to beat Ruin."

"I don't know what half of that means, terriswoman," Varloux said, "but I need you to leave. Now."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes. Leave. As in, pack your belongings and go somewhere else. I can't keep you here if your presence is going to drive my customers away and ruin my business."

"You cannot be serious. You would really leave me with nowhere to go, while dark forces hunt me down? That would be quite foolish, I think."

"Yeah, well, call me a damn fool then. Out."

Varloux stood there, pointing at the door. His heart was hammering. This was the biggest confrontation he had ever had with someone before. Eventually, Wandwy seemed to realize that Varloux was serious. She began to pack her things.

"You must be willing to at least give me a day to pack up my things."

"I can give you that," Varloux said. Even that was a bit too long for his tastes, but it was the least he could do. "Be out of here no later than nightfall."

~

As the sun began to set and ash began to fall across the town, Wandwy set off from the inn. She did not know where she was headed. Or how long she would survive. As far as she knew, most of the rest of the world could be in shambles by this point. Perhaps heading to Luthadel, the center of the Final Empire, would shed some light on the state of the world.

She didn't make it very far from the inn before she heard the screams.

Instincts kicked in. She tapped her pewtermind and her steelmind, her muscles increasing in size, her legs pushing her faster than she could ever normally run.

She rounded a corner, going between two buildings. She saw a man on the ground, two cloaked figures standing over him. Wandwy could not tell who had killed the poor man, who seemed to have barely struggled. She could not even tell if they were working together, as one of the figures ran off faster than Wandwy could keep up with.

However, she was able to catch one of them. She grabbed him, pushing him to the ground with her increased strength. She heard the man groan, but he continued to try and fight her off. He was not the most well-trained fighter, unfortunately. For him, at least.

Wandwy beat him far more than she likely should have. She should have gone softer, kept him alive to interrogate. She stopped tapping her metalminds, returning to her normal size. Fearing the worst, she ripped off the man's shirt, looking for something.

She found it.

A spike in his chest.

The Wandering Wizard has been removed! They were a Spiked Seeker!
Matrim's Dice has been killed! They were a Village Unsnapped!

The Wandering Wizard (6): Fifth Scholar, Biplet, Araris Valerian, |TJ|, Amanuensis, Matrim's Dice
Matrim's Dice (1): The Wandering Wizard

If you have not received a GM PM yet and are expecting one, please standby. They will be sent out shortly!

There will be a removal during this Cycle. Tied votes will result in a random player within the tie being removed. There is no vote minimum, though no one is removed if no one votes. There is also an inactivity filter: if you a player does not vote for 2 consecutive Cycles, they will be removed. In addition, PMs are open for this Cycle. PMs may only be one-on-one, group PMs are not allowed. All PMs must include myself and the IM, @Devotary of Spontaneity. As a last reminder, feel free to contact her if you have any moderation concerns!

We had full voting once again, so no inactivity warnings this time!

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. JNV - Jen, plagued by horrors hidden by the dark Village Thug
  2. @Fifth Scholar - Weard Leoht...what kind of name is that anyway?
  3. @Biplet - Biplet, my lovely fiancé
  4. @Araris Valerian - Ardalan, a very friendly and very bribable obligator
  5. The Known Novel - Damiste Maidihn, very fond of his name Village Unsnapped Tineye
  6. Channelknight Fadran - Fadran, just a player Village Soother
  7. _Stick_ - Stick, who should really be stopped Village Unsnapped
  8. The Wandering Wizard - Wiz, a legit wizard. Spiked Seeker
  9. The Bookwyrm - Gerald Heloux, a nobleman bored by the noble life Village Tineye
  10. xinoehp512 - Xino, holding a fancy card Village Augur
  11. @|TJ| - Jandro, known for terrible pronunciation
  12. Ashbringer - Faleast, worldhopping kandra extraordinaire Village Lurcher
  13. @Amanuensis - Aman, totally chill and studious
  14. Matrim's Dice - Mat, low effort, straight vibes Village Unsnapped

This Cycle will end at 10 pm CST on Thursday, March 2nd.

Sigh, 3-2 then? 

Also, e!Seeker means e!Seeker + e!Tineye + Inquisitor + convert would make it 4 elims which is impossible, meaning Tineye!Biplet is village. Unless Tineye!Biplet is the convert. Sigh. Unlikely though. 

Need to find one more villager. Araris could have been a genuine Seeker Scan for conversion or could be a ploy to get us off Inq!Araris. Or e!Aman is lying about being a Thug. Could have rolled Iron in C1 to guarantee a Protect and rolled Pewter in C3 to prove Thug. 

2 out of Araris/Aman/Fifth are evil. Bip and other villager, pls help >>

Fifth is the likely convert with C3 votes. But due to the lack of C3 content, can't be too sure...

Edit: You know what, let's make it easier by going only for Inquisitor this cycle, accounting for conversion is only causing me confusion and paranoia. The sooner we kill the Inquisitor, the lesser the chance they roll vote manip metals 

Fifth - Cannot be Inquisitor due to C1 kills. Inquisitors do not roll Steel
Bip - Tineye
Araris - Possible Inquisitor
Aman - Possible Inquisitor 

Case for Araris - Scan claim by Kas to put us off Inq!Araris. Defended/Village read WizKas till C3. On the contrary, gut says scan was genuine, trying to find power roles for elims to convert. the "I will let Araris know his role" comment by Kas felt not e/e. Plus strong opposition to Wiz last cycle. 

Case for Aman - Confident claims of multiple roles in multiple cycles. 2T + 1L village scenario with e!Seeker + Inq even including a possible converted!MB scenario feels like a lot. On the contrary... I cannot think of anything firm that would say v!Aman, tbh. 

I'm going for Aman over Araris pending re-read. 

Does this make sense @Fifth Scholar, @Biplet, @Araris Valerian, @Amanuensis? @StrikerEZ, voted in the edit.

Edited by |TJ|

Hmm. We don’t actually know that Bip is a Tineye, just that one probably exists. It could be Inquisitor!Bip and Tineye!Aman. That seems unlikely though, given Aman’s roleclaims.

There’s some other weird things that could work if Fifth+Inquisitor have rolled Tin every cycle since C1, but they aren’t worth considering IMO.

So suppose we have e!Aman and e!Kas as the starting elim team. I’m honestly surprised that I’m not converted in this world, especially since I specifically asked Kas to.

One possibility is the elims tried to convert Fifth but got blocked by Electrum or Atium. @StrikerEZ, if the Spike gets blocked, can it be attempted again?

The only problem I currently see is that there isn’t really a reason that TJ can’t be the Inquisitor. But I’ll join on Aman for now, I like the argument that was made end of last cycle about his voting, though this is subject to change on reread.

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

The only problem I currently see is that there isn’t really a reason that TJ can’t be the Inquisitor.

I was onto WizKas right from C1 till the last cycle. I'd thoroughly enjoy (or try to) the heck of playing evil with Kas and would never in a million years try to bus him (not the first game of being evil together) especially given the usual tendency of village to read us village together. 

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

One possibility is the elims tried to convert Fifth but got blocked by Electrum or Atium. @StrikerEZ, if the Spike gets blocked, can it be attempted again?

Why are you assuming they did not succeed? My current theory is that they scanned you in C1, found you were Oracle. And in C2, iirc Fifth and Kas were talking and by Kas' admission, he had claimed Seeker to Fifth already and was v!reading Fifth but he couldn't give me reasons. I'm very sure this is because Fifth had claimed Mistborn is Kas, and this made them change their mind (if they were did think of it) from converting you to converting Fifth. And I think they did succeed. 

Also, by limiting the discussion this cycle to Aman and Araris, we are forcing the other elim to either defend or bus the elim in Aman/Araris. We can hopefully deduce who that is if we do get the elim this cycle.

TJ - Kas PM Review:

*In regards to Kas' public guess of Inquisitor play and going for such players - low-activity/hiding Toucan-like play etc. etc.* - 

C1 - 

TJ: Aman also matches all the characteristics, don't you think?
Kas: Not disagreeing but... have paranoided on him wrongfully before. He has uni work. I have made games bad for him by big thread blow ups *mentions LG84 and QF64*. Want to give him room to grow into the game if Aman is village. 

Very beginning of C2 - 

Kas: Concerned that you, Stick, TKN and Aman would make great conversion targets.
TJ: So you think Aman is village? (because why would you think someone is a great conversion target if you do not village-read them?)
Kas: No. Without considering reads, in a theoretical world, if you are evil and Aman is village, would you not convert him? Given Lurcher claim? Could see a low profile conversion but would largely point to a player confident in the thread. Or Araris. 

Still C2 -

Kas: Why do you think Aman?
(presumably because I had Aman in my PoE for Inq in the thread but not exactly sure why he asked this. I misread this as "What do you think of Aman?" and reply)
TJ: Needs to speak more. I disliked his abrupt, no-questions-asked, no-discussions-made vote on TKN. Expected him to have some opinion about it and the way he voted it made me feel like he's a elim knowing he's voting for a villager. Very similar to his words in AG8 doc where he said something along the lines of "just put down a vote, don't question anything" to his teammates about your fake red scan reaction test. 
Kas: Fair. I was looking at EoC votes.... *and pivots to vote analysis and says elims likely did not all vote on Fadran like my PoE suggested*  (notably does not discuss further or reply to my Aman analysis)

Getting called to a meeting now so will post this as I don't want Shard to eat it and continue later if any other notable things are there in the PM.

I am definitely feeling Aman over Araris but would like to hear his actual role if it isn’t Inquisitor, as I think there is no way that he’s a Thug. If he claims Tineye, then he and Bip can get into a claim war and I’ll sort things out from there >>

@Biplet any interesting Tin results?

TJ, I would note that I am an exceptionally silly choice of convert because of the public claim. It’s the Feanor problem from QF62. Yeah, I’m a power role, but it’s easier to keep me alive and keep floating the possibility of conversion than to actually convert me and try to fend off the suspicion. Fwiw, I did also make myself more deliberately unappealing by burning through my steel and duralumin. I’m now basically a glorified random role that can’t actually use the most important things, and am probably less good role wise than someone who’d bring consistency to the team, i.e., a regular Misting. So I’m more suspicious of you as someone who keeps trying to push this line of reasoning. 

15 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

TJ, I would note that I am an exceptionally silly choice of convert because of the public claim. It’s the Feanor problem from QF62. Yeah, I’m a power role, but it’s easier to keep me alive and keep floating the possibility of conversion than to actually convert me and try to fend off the suspicion. Fwiw, I did also make myself more deliberately unappealing by burning through my steel and duralumin. I’m now basically a glorified random role that can’t actually use the most important things, and am probably less good role wise than someone who’d bring consistency to the team, i.e., a regular Misting. So I’m more suspicious of you as someone who keeps trying to push this line of reasoning. 

My reasoning is not this though, not primarily. My argument against you is less "you are a power role left alive till now" and more about the fact that you were strongly suspecting Kas in C2 and to go from there to voting alongside WizKas on JNV is C3 shows a clear 180 degree turn pointing towards being a convert. There is no proper chain thought to explain the move from point A "I strongly suspect Kas" to point B "I'm voting alongside my previously strongest suspect". 

Edit: I feel like you're seriously understating your role as a glorified random :P. Most of the random roles are very helpful to the elims. In that line of thought, I have a doubt. @StrikerEZ, what happens if a Mistborn is converted using a Spike. Like, will they have a permanent role through their Spike plus the 2 random rolls of metals by the virtue of being Mistborn? So, they'll have a choice 3 metals in a cycle if the random rolls are different than the one they got via the Spike?

Edited by |TJ|

5 hours ago, |TJ| said:

@StrikerEZ, what happens if a Mistborn is converted using a Spike. Like, will they have a permanent role through their Spike plus the 2 random rolls of metals by the virtue of being Mistborn? So, they'll have a choice 3 metals in a cycle if the random rolls are different than the one they got via the Spike?

This is correct.

6 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Why are you assuming they did not succeed? My current theory is that they scanned you in C1, found you were Oracle. And in C2, iirc Fifth and Kas were talking and by Kas' admission, he had claimed Seeker to Fifth already and was v!reading Fifth but he couldn't give me reasons. I'm very sure this is because Fifth had claimed Mistborn is Kas, and this made them change their mind (if they were did think of it) from converting you to converting Fifth. And I think they did succeed. 

Yeah, I just feel a little weird that we didn't lose last cycle given that Inquisitor+Mistborn has a decent chance of pulling vote manip. But apparently the convert can't be lost, so Fifth is probably evil.

I do think your play both last cycle and this one fit way more with you being a villager. An e!Inquisitor could win without putting in a lot of effort by pulling the right metals, same with e!Fifth. But a villager can only win at this point by solving, and your solving has a sort of "desperation" to it that feels legit. Just needed to float the possibility so I don't get locked in too hard.

Edit: Oh. Bip can be Inquisitor. The elim spike just needs to be Tin

Edit 2: We know the elims didn't convert C1, since Kas accurately scanned me, and the NK happened. A NK happened on C2, so for Kas to have actually scanned Bip would mean that the conversion wouldn't have happened until C3. Not sure how likely that is. And then scan on Bip took her out of our Inquisitor POE.

Edited by Araris Valerian