8 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I think an elim!Nicroburster would not jump at an opportunity to nicroburst some random villager, which is basically what Szeth agreed to almost immediately when I offered it, pretty early in the turn. If I were an elim!Nicroburster, I would want to take some time to think about the possibilities of boosting all of my different teammates, which is not something I observed Szeth doing at all.

Hmmm, okay we can look at it in two ways. If I was a village!Nicroburster, I wouldn't immediately agree to Nicroburst someone and I'd be wary of Bursting an elim, especially as you said it was pretty early in turn so I'm not sure if I'd read that as village for now. 

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

^^^ :P The other points Drake made are more valid than this one, but I swear I have memories of Ash actively avoiding ties like this. That's contrary to what TJ said last turn, so now I don't know.

It was in the game you ran, LG75? I remember him trying to tie in consecutive cycles, but he was an elim then so.... and yet him saying he's never going for ties sounded weird.

Noting that Bip seems to give quite a bit of emphasis on her retraction from Experience like "Hey, I'm not involved in this" that it sounds defensive. I think it's like the 3rd time she's talked about the retraction. Suspicious of that. 

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

TJ voted on Experience with the explicit intent of saving Mat. Seems like an easy vote for an elim.

To be honest, all votes on Mat were easy :P. 

8 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm also interested that you find tie avoidance to be more suspicious than attempts to preserve a player of unknown alignment.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I didn't mean to imply anything about the other votes, I just gave reasons to contrast with the people that emphasized saving Mat.

That's the thing, there really isn't any contrast because, fundamentally, the vote to avoid a tie is basically a vote to save Mat disguised. Only reason to break the tie was to protect Mat, because Experience was dying anyway, so the end result is saving Mat, no matter what he reason gives. And he ends up saying that here:

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

And I'd rather exe an inactive instead of a player who tends to be active, and especially in this case, RP.

As such, I'll join Drake on Ashbringer.

Edited by |TJ|

53 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

That's the thing, there really isn't any contrast because, fundamentally, the vote to avoid a tie is basically a vote to save Mat disguised. Only reason to break the tie was to protect Mat, because Experience was dying anyway, so the end result is saving Mat, no matter what he reason gives. And he ends up saying that here:

Oh, I guess I missed that bit. I definitely was interested in the stated justification perhaps more than any implied reasons, which is why I didn’t worry too much about Ash. However, Ash’s vote was kinda pointless (there certainly wasn’t a tie to break, at least), so I still don’t give it a whole lot of weight.

9 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Edit: Summary of the cycle for those who need to catch up:

Better summary: Illwei and Quinn hacked Araris and Drake's accounts and are doing their usual thing

Araris' sus list is fairly close to mine, so I'm village reading them for that. I'll chuck a vote on TJ because out of all the votes last cycle, their's felt the most elimyly timed. TJ

I guess the thing I'm hung up on about Ash is that I can't see any reason elim!Ash would cast a vote with the specific intention of saving me, outside of causing confusion I guess. I could say the same about anyone that voted to save me though :P.

I find it interesting TJ cited this as his reason to vote Ash:

8 hours ago, |TJ| said:

When he did like the exact same thing, and like Araris mentioned, TJ's vote was the one that actually broke the tie. I guess the difference is that TJ was more open about it, but I could see Ash voting to further avoid a tie especially in a role madness game. TJ inadvertently pointed out that the only time Ash has actively made ties was as an elim.

So I can see where Archer's vote is coming from, considering that TJ was the one to actually break the tie and there isn't really a major difference between his vote and Ash's. The other thing I'm confused about is all my village reads attacking each other, but there's not much I can do about that :P I sort of want to duck out of dealing with it altogether and just stay in my nice little @Szeth_Pancakes tunnel but if no one else wants to go there that probably isn't the best choice.

This cycle feels weirdly like it did at the same time last cycle, in that it looks like we may have to wait until the end of the cycle to see an actual wagon take shape. I have to believe more people will vote, eventually, because there are mechanical incentives for it.

And I'm not really the biggest fan of this state of affairs, given how it ended for me in LG66 :P I got blindsided by a wagon while offline. I am going to politely ask that people who haven't already voted to consider trying to vote now, even if you feel behind in the cycle and/or don't feel very justified in your reads. Because, I don't feel very confident in my reads either! :) I don't think any of the village is, if we are being honest. But it's still best if we vote early and often. It's not really terribly polite for the people you are voting for nor very good for the village in terms of discussion to drop a vote right before the curtain drops.

So, the thunderdome makes me read both Araris and Drake village. If y'all are elims hats off to you that was good distancing XD.

But didn't Araris and I both already say on D1 that we are both elims distancing from each other?! :ph34r:

Look, he even retracted his vote. Clearly this is all a very elaborate distancing tactic :P

14 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

TJ voted on Experience with the explicit intent of saving Mat. Seems like an easy vote for an elim.

At the risk of bringing up more matters of voting philosophy, wouldn't that only make TJ sus if Mat is sus?

I feel like elims saving their teammates is more often implicit than explicit, although there can be exceptions.

Vote Tally
|TJ| (2): Araris Valerian, Archer
Ashbringer (2): DrakeMarshall, |TJ|
Szeth_Pancakes (1): Matrim's Dice

I am kind of feeling bad about pushing the whole Ash thing, but, like, my reasons for doing so are also still there. I don't really have a better idea or a person I think is more likely to be an elim. So my vote is staying put for the time being.

As it stands, I would expect |TJ| to be the one who dies, bc Ash has good reason to vote for |TJ| right now. I don't really suspect |TJ| and they wouldn't be my first choice, but I also don't particularly trust them, so as it stands I guess I'm fine with waiting and seeing how this turns out.

Or maybe somebody wants to support executing Szeth. You've seen my reasoning against it, but hey, maybe I'm wrong and just got completely pocketed. Whatever you think, please share it, and vote :P

Edited by DrakeMarshall
somehow there were a bunch of newlines at the end of this post that didn't show up in the editor now they are gone

I'm reading through things... @Ventyl @Biplet, can one of you explain what... that... all was?

I won't self-pres just yet. I need to find suspicions first. Although... I can't quite tell if TJ and Drake are both sussing me for opposite reasons. 

Also, sorry for not posting yesterday. Work went long. Again. Will continue the role analysis because I'm free today (although it's really hot up here).

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

At the risk of bringing up more matters of voting philosophy, wouldn't that only make TJ sus if Mat is sus?

Well, again, I’m sort of working under the assumption that it is easier/more natural for an elim to defend a player than it is for a villager to, because elims know who actually is village, so if a person they defend flips, they are justified in their past defense.

Basically, I think defending another player early in the game has some inherent suspiciousness independent of the player being defended.

I am alive! Hey everyone. Sorry for the inactivity. I really don't feel up for doing any big 200+ word posts right now, since school is draining all of my energy (spoons?). However, I will chuck a vote on |TJ|, for the reasoning that a Mat train isn't likely to get anywhere, and Archer thinks |TJ| is acting off, and I trust him and think he does good analysis. This may change later in the cycle if I have the time to do some analysis for myself.

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Look, he even retracted his vote. Clearly this is all a very elaborate distancing tactic 

Ah, fantastic, look everyone we had an elim out himself! Get him! :P

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

can one of you explain what... that... all was?

To make a kind of long story short, I received blackmail in PMs from Ventyl along the line of "if you hurt my feelings (vote on me) I'll kill you." I reported it in the thread and let the mods know as well. It was handled by mods, and Ventyl says he was joking, so I've elected to let it go for now. If other reasons pop up for me to be suspicious of him I'm sure that this'll be part of my reason to keep voting on him. Speaking of all this, I'm surprised Ventyl hasn't been on. I wonder what's up?

A lot of this voting philosophy stuff is a little heady for me, but I managed to follow somewhat.

I think the reasons on both Ash and TJ are somewhat weak, but I don't see anyone else I can argue for except for Ventyl, but I don't want to put a vote on him when I don't have any more information than I did last time. I think the reasoning against TJ is stronger, but not by much. Ash hasn't done enough in thread for me to get an accurate read on him, but also the same could be said for TJ. Gah XD. Okay, conclusion from this is I'm not ready to vote.

Mmmm don't like the feeling of Szeth jumping on the vote but... well, I'll leave it for now, bc I know that feeling of school getting way too much to give thoughts in this game lol.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I can't quite tell if TJ and Drake are both sussing me for opposite reasons.

It is possible, yes.

I appreciate that you are doing analysis things.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, again, I’m sort of working under the assumption that it is easier/more natural for an elim to defend a player than it is for a villager to, because elims know who actually is village, so if a person they defend flips, they are justified in their past defense.

Basically, I think defending another player early in the game has some inherent suspiciousness independent of the player being defended.

I see. This is at least sometimes true, yes.

1 minute ago, Biplet said:

Ah, fantastic, look everyone we had an elim out himself! Get him! :P

Clearly, the reason you aren't voting on one of us is that you're also an elim with us!! :P

To make a kind of long story short, I received blackmail in PMs from Ventyl along the line of "if you hurt my feelings (vote on me) I'll kill you." I reported it in the thread and let the mods know as well. It was handled by mods, and Ventyl says he was joking, so I've elected to let it go for now. If other reasons pop up for me to be suspicious of him I'm sure that this'll be part of my reason to keep voting on him. Speaking of all this, I'm surprised Ventyl hasn't been on. I wonder what's up?

A lot of this voting philosophy stuff is a little heady for me, but I managed to follow somewhat.

I think the reasons on both Ash and TJ are somewhat weak, but I don't see anyone else I can argue for except for Ventyl, but I don't want to put a vote on him when I don't have any more information than I did last time. I think the reasoning against TJ is stronger, but not by much. Ash hasn't done enough in thread for me to get an accurate read on him, but also the same could be said for TJ. Gah XD. Okay, conclusion from this is I'm not ready to vote.

Mmmm don't like the feeling of Szeth jumping on the vote but... well, I'll leave it for now, bc I know that feeling of school getting way too much to give thoughts in this game lol.

For what it's worth, if you want to argue for Ventyl I'd say go ahead, I might consider voting for them. I wouldn't call their behavior very alignment indicative, but most of the people who have much in the ways of behavior to analyze I at least somewhat trust, so yeah. A D2 vote is at least better than a D1 vote, but still sorta shaky usually. And you probably won't be the only person who says they don't really want to exe either Ash or TJ.

manukosruthere?

I wish PMs were still open rip. I have a theory about those vote manips last cycle that I wanna test.

Also random idea, what if the kandra started out with 2 uncharged hemalurgic spikes? I could see it making some sense both lorewise and balancewise. My one reservation about this is that so far nobody seems to have started the game with items, so it would be a break from the pattern.

Anyways probably this cycle has been a little slower than the last bc we're in the middle of the week. I'll look back at the thread in a couple hours and stuff.

Shara dreamt of a forest.

The trees surrounded her, dense, towering. She picked her way through the forest, skirting trunks of dark wood too large for her to wrap her arms around. As she moved deeper into the trees, they seemed to stretch, growing taller, bending over her in increasingly strange ways. Suffocating.

She wasn’t breathing. Or, she was, but she was underwater. When did she get underwater? Oh Harmony, she was drowning. Shara held her breath until she no longer could. She gasped, water filling her lungs, but she breathed it like air. 

She was in the forest underwater. The trees warped with the currents, swaying, watching her. One of the trees turned to her. It had a face she didn’t recognize. It twisted, grinning, teeth made of jagged bark. One by one the trees turned to her, each wearing a new face. Faces, faces, all facing her. She knelt in the center of a ring, chained to the ground, on trial.

A man stepped out of a tree. His skin was of bark, his hair leaves. He looked down at her for a brief moment before jamming a knife into her heart.

Shara sat up with a gasp. Daylight filtered into her room through the tiny window. Her cheeks were wet and her lungs burned as if she’d been running. She was alone.

Shara pulled her knees up to her chest and held them until Iden returned.

12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

When he did like the exact same thing, and like Araris mentioned, TJ's vote was the one that actually broke the tie. I guess the difference is that TJ was more open about it, but I could see Ash voting to further avoid a tie especially in a role madness game. TJ inadvertently pointed out that the only time Ash has actively made ties was as an elim.

I feel like I need to clarify that my vote on Ash is not exclusively because of his vote. It was because of the reasoning he gave i.e. not wanting ties, although he did not have a problem with ties just a couple of games ago. 

And I'll have you guys note my elim read on Lotus (which from the reads list, was the strongest and which I would have followed through if she wasn't killed) and there's no need for elim!me to put pressure on a teammate or bring attention to her that early in the game when everyone else was null reading her.

Edit:

5 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Also, I didn't defend him because I felt Mat was village. I actually had a null read on him at the time (still sorta do). I broke the tie because I didn't see any reason why he should die. 

Edited by |TJ|

3 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

It... wasn't intended to.

I didn't think it was :P

13 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

I feel like I need to clarify that my vote on Ash is not exclusively because of his vote. It was because of the reasoning he gave i.e. not wanting ties, although he did not have a problem with ties just a couple of games ago. 

Alright. I guess the devil's advocate here would be pointing out that Ash was elim in that game (assuming you're referencing the one I ran), so the sudden behavior change could be reflected by a sudden alignment change. I sort of don't elim read him by default because I know he wasn't trying to disguise saving a teammate, but you guys can't really share that :P.

13 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

And I'll have you guys note by elim read on Lotus (which from the reads list, was the strongest and which I would have followed through if she wasn't killed) and there's no need for elim!me to put pressure on a teammate or bring attention to her that early in the game when everyone else was null reading her.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I'm mostly vil reading you anyway so that's not a problem for me :P 

After only two days, Philico could tell this wasn't going to work. Being locked down in a city full of paranoid politicians and showy rebels? No thanks. Everyone was holding their abilities to their chests- understandably- so the bit of research he had hoped to do here on the unique blurred lines of the various Investiture levels looked to largely be for naught. At least for a little while, and he wasn't jumping at the thought of twiddling his thumbs until then.

Maybe he was feeling particularly impatient this week, but he needed a break. Philico supposed it also could just be his inborn reaction against the rules, and, well, he'd never been very good at coloring inside the lines.

Lucky for him, a few new laws and guards and the like were rather redundant for keeping him chained. Philico had an edge these Scadrians likely didn't know existed- or he'd be very surprised if they did, and it took a lot to surprise him these days. He'd seen more than anyone here, except maybe one.

A few dozen hordelings were dispatched within minutes of his decision, blending in with the dust and dirt on the ground, heading for the border of the city. Philico could have eyes everywhere- it was time he put them to use.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

23 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Why the wait? IRL things?

It is.

22 hours ago, Biplet said:

So, the thunderdome makes me read both Araris and Drake village. If y'all are elims hats off to you that was good distancing XD.

TUO, are you gonna vote this cycle? It would be helpful to get your contribution. 

I rarely vote, but when I do it tends to stay. 

Not having any reads unfortunately. 

For lack of any solid ideas, Ventyl, as my only real suspicion, you are now my vote for the chopping block. Very sorry, but I think you're the kandra lol.

Edited by Biplet

43 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Also, I didn't defend him because I felt Mat was village. I actually had a null read on him at the time (still sorta do). I broke the tie because I didn't see any reason why he should die. 

That... doesn't really matter, as far as my vote is concerned. But also, I think there is sufficient reason for any/all players to die starting from the beginning of C1. 

48 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Everyone was holding their abilities to their chests- understandably- so the bit of research he had hoped to do here on the unique blurred lines of the various Investiture levels looked to largely be for naught. At least for a little while, and he wasn't jumping at the thought of twiddling his thumbs until then.

I literally came to you and asked to trade roleclaims. /s

28 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I literally came to you and asked to trade roleclaims. /s

Shhhh I'm not Philico :P Plus, he makes no plans in disclosing his own abilities.

Roles:

Allomantics: (Copy-pasted from before, so maybe don't count this for the 200 Striker:)

• Coinshot: a Night Killer. It seems that whoever you are, you like to shoot early and have a decent chance of being right. I wouldn't feel forced to kill every turn, especially if our Kandra friend appears to be killing every turn instead of every other, but what you do is up to you. With no PMs, I'd recommend depending on your own intuition rather than others, and... please don't claim, especially if you've got no other way of defending yourself from NKs or Uncharged Spikes. Strong
  • Lurcher: a protector. Notably cannot self-protect, but can protect the same target multiple nights. You should definitely use this whenever you can. If you can't guess the NK target, just randomly pick someone.
  • Tineye: is gone. If anyone gets a spike or medallion, everyone will know as PMs will open back up. If you want to claim, I suppose you could... it depends greatly on the environment, and how close the end of the game is. Elims generally benefit from closed PMs, unless the PM spider players (I guess... Archer, Drake, and Szeth, in this case?) prove to be living Elims, or if the Elim team is already close to winning and killing PMs is not a priority. But that requires an item in the first place, so that discussion can be had later. Strong
  • Thug: Extra life. Congratulations, you have a passive ability. You can take greater risks, I suppose, but I'd advise just playing as normal.
  • Rioter + Soother: Vote manip. I don't understand vote manip incredibly well, so... do what feels right, but try to be clear with your intentions while manipulating votes. Rioters can prove their existence by moving a vote to someone who didn't have it before, but beware that drawback.
  • Smoker: Seeking/Rioting/Soothing block. This is a low priority ability, as Seekers aren't role scanners but detect active abilities, but use it when you want. I'd recommend use it during Day, as blocking vote manip is more helpful than... not doing that.
  • Seeker: You detect active metals being burned. Use this every cycle unless you've got a really strong Feruchemical ability, but switch up when you use it Day or Night, depending on what you want to find. Day is Soother, Rioter, Seeker, Augur, Leecher, Nicroburst; Night is Coinshot, Lurcher, Tineye, Seeker, Oracle, Pulser, Leecher, Nicroburst.
  • (Continued)
  • Augur: Ability to see who targeted you last turn. Obviously you can use the action to uncover a killer if you survived an attack the previous turn, but there are other things. If you're roleblocked, you can use it to discover who a roleblocker is. Or you can just use it during Day turns to see if anyone was visiting you without a action effect message, which can only be a few things during the night turn. There's no point to holding the Augur action until you're attacked, so if you've got nothing better to do with a second action go ahead and use this. (Really the judge of "better" is up to intuition... if you feel that learning who targeted you last turn based on what results you got is more important than, say, storing a Feruchemical ability or doing another action you're capable of, then burn Gold. If not, don't.) Probably don't use this during Night, as no Day action (except Roleblocks and Nicrobursts) will give an action result for you to determine what actually acted on you, but if you've been Roleblocked/Nicroburst/have a hunch that a vote manip went off on you, it's a fair use.
  • Oracle: Ability to see who targeted you the current turn. This is a bit trickier than Auguring. If you have a way on your own of surviving a night attack, go ahead and use this during the night turn, unless you don't think you'll get attacked and have something more important to do with both actions. Probably don't use this during Day, as no Day action (except Roleblocks, which would Roleblock the Oracle-ing, and Nicrobursts) will give an action result for you to determine what actually acted on you, and if you use it during the Day you can't at Night.
  • Pulser: Delay an action for a turn/cycle. I believe that if an action can only be used during a certain turn, it delays to that turn (so if someone Pulses a Leecher N3, it will go off D4, but if someone Pulses a Coinshot N3, it will go off N4). Depending on what you want to catch, this can be used either turn, but I'd highly recommend Night. If you can catch a vote manip action in the Day, there's a good chance that that vote manip will whiff the next Day, and that's without Roleblocking it, which is useful to counter the interactions of Roleblocking with certain Feruchemies. But delaying a kill action is likely more useful, especially if the number of kills per night stabilizes so you can see the bonus kill the next turn and judge that it was your Pulsing that caused the delay. (Beware the Elims not killing to avoid this.) So use this during the Night. Other than that... this is a chaos ability. Use it wisely, or don't. And try not to lose it to a Kandra by N2 :P
  • Slider: Redirect things. Use this during the Night. No question. Bouncing kills is too valuable. As to who to target... do someone you trust, but I would be cautious about doing the same person multiple times, as having your action redirected every turn could be... frustrating. It really depends whether people say if they've been redirected or not... Sliding shouldn't affect Feruchemical Storing (aside from those that are affected by any action). But Sliding can make you and a friend nearly immortal against Night Kills, so use it well and wisely. Strong
  • Leecher: A Roleblock. This is... complicated. Normally you only want to Roleblock at night, to catch kills, and I'd still recommend that. But if you have reason to believe someone you suspect is also a Subsumer, that Roleblock can kill them. Plus Roleblocking vote manip can be useful. If you have no reason to suspect either of these, just go at Night.
  • Nicroburst: Grants an extra action. I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about granting an Elim a second kill by Nicrobursting them (or Hemalurgist and maybe Kandra), but this is a powerful boon. If you'd rather buff Feruchemical abilities/storing, use during Night (bonus Day action), If you'd rather buff Allomantics, use during Day (bonus Night action). If you'd rather boost a specific action or avoid a specific action, depends on that action. But use this often. It's strong. Strong-ish
  • Aluminum Gnat: :thonk:
  • Duralumin Gnat: For a Gnat, this is actually really useful depending on what other abilities you have. Burning Duralumin during the Day gives you an extra Night action, and during Night gives you an extra Day action, and these can be non-unique. Use this to store at an accelerated rate or use other actions you have. Strong-ish

Feruchemy:

• Striker, why did you put the elements first and alloys second in all but Steel and Iron, Pewter and Tin...
  • Steelrunner: Store an action, tap for an extra action. Not sure exactly how this works, whether you use 2 actions to store 1 charge (one action to use the store, and then another action to actually "store") or just one. Either way, if you don't have more important things to do, saving actions for later in the game is very helpful, and unlike Soulbearing you can use whatever action you like when you eventually tap. Store either turn, but Day has less chance of getting Roleblocked. Strong-ish
  • Skimmer: Store at 3/4ths risk of getting Roleblocked by actions, tap to Roleblock. Storing during Day lowers the risk of getting acted on, but depending on what your other abilities are this is a smaller drawback than other abilities, especially if "Roleblocked" doesn't actually roleblock the store action and only the other actions. If you don't have other abilities, you can just store at Day, tap at Night. Otherwise, use as appropriate. It's not super strong, as it's... mostly inferior to just being a Leecher.
  • Brute: Store at risk of getting Roleblocked by actions, tap to survive a kill, tap x3 to Retalitory Guard a player. Storing during Day lowers the risk of getting acted on, but depending on what your other abilities are this is a smaller drawback than other abilities, especially if "Roleblocked" doesn't actually roleblock the store action and only the other actions. If you want, you could store at day, tap at night, but I'd get three charges before you do that. That's a powerful ability if there's someone you think will get attacked. Strong (literally!)
  • Windwhisperer: Store for no PMs, tap to learn who a player is PMing, tap x2 to target scan. Congratulations. You can store for free, so do so with any free actions. Target scans are always useful if you can find someone targeting a player who dies, and finding someone not targeting at all is also... interesting. But if you've got another ability, this is much less of a priority.
  • Sparker: Store for no vote and other action, tap to learn a role, tap x2 to learn a target, tap x3 to learn and alignment. You can only store during the Day, and similarly to Steel I'm not sure if "can't take another action" means you can't take another action during the Day or can't take one at all. (I'm pretty sure it's just not another day action, but that also means that extra actions from Nicrobursts and the like can't be used... I'll add it to clarifying questions.) Either way, this is very powerful. Seekers only scan for active and Allomantic abilities, while Sparkers can find any role. I'd avoid using the tracker. And, Alignment scans are always... powerful. Either scan for roles each turn, or an Alignment on N3/N6. Strong
  • Firesoul: Store for chance of roleblock or death, tap x2 to nullify non-kill actions, tap x4 to nullify all actions, tap x6 to nullify all actions and retaliate against all kills. Risking death is... well, risky, and irritates my RNG sense, but tap x6 is a very powerful attack if you can pull off a bait. And don't shake the tap x2 ability as well. I'm not sure if it can nullify Roleblocks, but a Smoker can only nullify three possible actions. Firesoul can do all but two. I wouldn't give this a priority, but it can be quite a surprise.
  • Archivist: Learn a role, an action, or a target, at random. If you've seen LG66, you know just how powerful this can be. Use it every cycle. Note that at Night, you can find kills, but during the Day there's less actions for you to find roles. Strong.
  • Sentry: Store to not vote at day/PM at night, tap x2 to learn what actions were done, tap x4 to learn who targeted you. If you've got an ability like Augur or Oracle, this is much much better. For now, the cost of stores is a bit high, but the cost of storing them is low. Store for any free actions, and I'd recommend using... whichever you feel like. Charging for what amounts to an Oracle for two cycles is much, but it's a nice ability for Night. Learning what actions are done on you is a unique ability, and quite nice either Day or Night, especially combined with being an Oracle. 
  • Bloodmaker: Store to not benefit from protection, tap x3 to survive one exe or one kill. You can store both at Day and Night. There is...not quite literally no downside to storing at Day, but there's none if you don't have 3 charges or an extra life, and almost none so long as you pay attention to see if you're close to an exe. So store during the Day, every Day, unless you're tapping. Night, I'd store only if you don't have another action to get to. There's not too much of a downside if you don't have a way of surviving a kill on your own, but you could create a very disappointed Lurcher, and there's the Bulletproof Vests. Tap as needed. Strong
  • Pinnacle: Store to only vote on someone with a vote on them, tap x2 for 50% chance to avoid RBs, tap x4 to be immune to RBs. Storing is free if you've got an available action. Tapping's costly, so I'd wait to tap x4 for when you really need that action to go through. This one's simple, but action-heavy, as you need 2 actions to tap so you can use... something important enough you want to be sure you're not roleblocked. Note you're not immune to redirects.
  • Gasper: Store to only speak in 200 words, tap x2 to avoid detection, tap x4 to avoid detection and 50% of kills. Storing is free-ish, although it will be rather obvious if you're at exactly 200 words for posts, and can be done any turn. Tapping is really only helpful alongside actions, so likely do it during the Night alongside actions such as Thievery or... actions you don't want people to know about, I guess. The x4 ability isn't great as it's not dependable, so I'd stick with the x2 unless you have an action you'd really like people not to know about but want to live to explain the repurcussions. This is a deceptive ability by nature, as the Gasper part may be obvious but the hidden part is very much not.
  • Subsumer: Store to be killed by roleblocks, passively tap x2 to nullify roleblocks. Intriguing. Store during Day as less chance of a roleblock, but be careful with it and don't do it every Day. Can do it at night, but that's even more risky. Don't need to tap because it's passive. I'd keep 2-4 charges on hand and then continue with whatever else you can do, with the security of not being roleblocked. Note you're not immune to redirects.
  • Spinner: Store to have less chance of getting items, tap to have more chance of getting items. Uhh... I don't get this one. At all. There's not too much damage from storing, though, so if you know someone has an item and is getting exed tap a bunch?
  • Soulbearer: Store to not have an ability, tap to have an extra action with that ability. This is ridiculous. Ridiculous enough it's one of the few abilities that wasn't in LG66 as player roles (although it was in the Charged Spikes depository). You can charge a metal when you normally wouldn't be able to use it. A cycle of storing Soulbearer lets you use the metal three times next cycle instead of once - three Riots, three Coinshots, three Leeches, three Nicrobursts... you can turn any Allomancy into a nuke. Do so. Strong
  • Trueself: Store to be acted upon as another player is acted, tap to have a 50% chance to not have Soothing/Rioting work on you, tap x2 to have a 100% chance. Storing here is interesting, because it can be beneficial, unlike most storing actions. Might as well do it if you don't have another action to do. I'd recommend tapping x2 for the certainty.
  • Connector: Store a vote, tap for an extra vote for as many as you want. Simple, powerful. Store until you need an exe to go through at exe-lo, or just manip as normal. Strong

Normal Roles:

• Thief: Steals either boxings or items, with a 20% chance of revealing yourself to the target. Not the most villagey ability, but it works, and lets you gain boxings at an advanced rate to get the more lucrative items, faster. Try not to irritate people by repeatedly stealing from them.
  • Hemalurgist: Kill a player once a game, and if they had a Feruchemical/Allomantic role create a spike in the store. Worse than just starting with an Uncharged spike, but it's a powerful ability nonetheless. I'd be careful with one-use kills, but you never know.
  • Hazekiller: Roleblock, and have a chance of learning the target's role. Better than a Leecher, but I'd encourage using it the same and count the role-finding as a bonus.
  • Investigator: Alignment scan. My guess is we lost the only one, and without PMs they're weakened. But scan. Scan every night, and either claim when you've found an Elim or just act with what you know.

Questions for @StrikerEZ:

• Does storing Steel or Zinc take a second action that you "store", or is it just you can't use a second action that turn (but could later in the cycle)?
  • Does storing Iron or Pewter and getting roleblocked by an action taken on you because of storing roleblock the storing action, or just other actions you would be taking?
  • Can tapping as a Firesoul nullify Roleblocks?
  • Can burning as a Slider redirect Roleblocks?
  • Is tapping Gold an active ability or a passive one?
  • Why Aluminum Gnat?
  • Why Spinner?

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Aluminum Gnat: :thonk:

:thonk: indeed :P

Striker, why did you put the elements first and alloys second in all but Steel and Iron, Pewter and Tin...

Tbh, didn’t even realize I did that. Is that like that for both allomancy and feruchemy?h

Does storing Steel or Zinc take a second action that you "store", or is it just you can't use a second action that turn (but could later in the cycle)?

I’m pretty sure Steel is you lose your second action for the cycle, and Zinc is you just can’t take a second action during the Day you store.

Does storing Iron or Pewter and getting roleblocked by an action taken on you because of storing roleblock the storing action, or just other actions you would be taking?

Pretty sure it’s just the other actions. I think that’s in the clarifications section of the rules doc.

Can tapping as a Firesoul nullify Roleblocks?

Based on the wording I used when I wrote these rules a year ago, I’d say yes.

Can burning as a Slider redirect Roleblocks?

As long as the roleblock isn’t happening between the players in the bubble, yeah. Like, say for example Player A puts Player B in a bubble with them. Player B tries to roleblock Player C, but their action would be redirected randomly to Player D.

Or, another example. Player A and B are in the bubble. Player C tries to roleblock Player B, but roleblocks Player D instead.

If Player A and B are in the bubble, and either of them roleblocks the other, it is not redirected.

Is tapping Gold an active ability or a passive one?

Active, but they don’t lose the charges if no one attacks them.

Why Aluminum Gnat?

Why not? :P

I’m a perfectionist sometimes, and it’d feel wrong to not have rules for it. :P

Why Spinner?

Because it’s fun. :P

Anyway, sorry for the double post. Didn’t mean to send that when I did, and I can’t edit quotes into an old post. I’m a GM, so this is fine. :P

Also, reminder time. @Ashbringer @Biplet @Szeth_Pancakes @Matrim's Dice @Araris Valerian @The Unknown Order @DrakeMarshall @Archer @Ventyl @Devotary of Spontaneity @Mist @|TJ| @manukos @Dannex @Flyingbooks Don’t forget to get your votes and actions in! There’s about 8 hours left!

10 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Tbh, didn’t even realize I did that. Is that like that for both allomancy and feruchemy?

Yup. 

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Active, but they don’t lose the charges if no one attacks them.

... OH. 

That explains a lot. (And works quite well with storing!)

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Oh I get it, but... you couldn't make you immune to Seeking or something?

Maybe on the 8th rerun when we get Compounding and Savants...

Hey, we made it well into three pages. Nice.

Vote Tally
|TJ| (3): Araris Valerian, Archer, Szeth_Pancakes
Ashbringer (2): DrakeMarshall, |TJ|
Ventyl (1): Biplet
Szeth_Pancakes (1): Matrim's Dice

I am mostly okay with this, although I will make the obligatory remark that nobody seems to be defending TJ (if anything, the votes on TJ developed rather quickly after Ash picked up a second vote). Do with that what you will, I guess. I'm assuming some of you all are gonna vote before the end of the cycle to earn your boxing, even if you so rudely disregarded my request to do it a little sooner :P But hey, I feel that, I am a seasoned procrastinator at most life things after all. I am honestly mainly just curious to see where things go in the last few hours, but I will very probably be asleep for it. So try not to break anything :P

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

Why Aluminum Gnat?

I still have a headcanon that somewhere out there is an aluminum gnat that just started with like 50 boxings. This probably isn't the case, but I want it to be :P

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Soulbearer: Store to not have an ability, tap to have an extra action with that ability. This is ridiculous. Ridiculous enough it's one of the few abilities that wasn't in LG66 as player roles (although it was in the Charged Spikes depository). You can charge a metal when you normally wouldn't be able to use it. A cycle of storing Soulbearer lets you use the metal three times next cycle instead of once - three Riots, three Coinshots, three Leeches, three Nicrobursts... you can turn any Allomancy into a nuke. Do so. Strong

A Soulbearer+Slider would be equal parts hilarious and horrifying as a walking disaster zone of chronological turbulence and random redirects bouncing actions around like pinballs.

Also wow you did a pretty good job with a really comprehensive role analysis. Makes me almost want to change my mind about voting on you :P I suppose I could switch to Ventyl