Also idk what happened D2, tbh I've only read D1 but I killed Azmine.

Quick notes from D1:

First of all, basically I'm thinking that the Elims won't RP too much, or will be very self-aware that they're RPing a lot for boxings. Instead I expect them to have long analysis posts. I also think that because they're going to be more self-aware, they're going to have less filler in there compared to other people.

- Archer village for his read of manu, though I don't agree with the read.
    - TJ village for identifying that.

- Szeth village for RPing so much (tentative)

- Ashbringer Elim Lean for talking about Faleast, because its not just RP and its long posts that aren't analysis.
 - Matrim Lean Elim for Hopping on Drake reasoning, only valid if its E/E. Actually i take that back. Mat's retraction was so fast and badly explained that he cant be E/E with drake, because he wouldn't feel as comfortable suddenly retracting.

- Drake still on my elim list though because of his reads.
 - Drake and Araris legitimately E/E openwolfing rn? (potential, feels very buddy-buddy but they're also

- Szeth telling the thread about PMs though implies safety which implies elim

- Araris pointing out Szeth's self-awareness is a double standard so Araris Elim feeling eh bit better.

- Village on books rn for seeing what i did a small bit, which was a focus on 3p from Drake

EDIT:

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

XD. Hi, Illwei. Care to explain why Ventyl had a similar playstyle to e!Lotus? 

No clue, but comparing ventyl to Lotus' meta isn't a very effective form of analysis.

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Illwei said:

Definitely not, good sir. Had a spike, useless now.

Like, you started with an item? Didn't think that was something that could happen :huh:

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Hemalurgist

Ah, ok.

Philico was used to being in multiple places at once- it was rare if he wasn't- but he typically focused the bulk of his consciousness on imputing and focusing on a single group of hordelings. He definitely had the capacity for controlling both one hundred percent, but most days it was just easier not to.

Today was not one of those days.

He discussed with the others in low voices, simultaneously speeding down Scadian roads. Half of him stuck, half of him free. Philico thought it was quite poetic. The part of him that was outside the city split off even further, offering even more input. Those hordelings didn't have standard 'eyes', instead feeling with their legs and sensing small vibrations. They didn't need eyes to see, even if eyes were more organic. The lack of visual details actually helped Phiilco focus, though he was nowhere near the point where he needed to reel back in. Centuries of practice with the horde granted near limitless control. Philico was one of the strange ones for staying so knit together most of the time, not spreading himself out over the face of the world. It was interesting, he had tried that once and found it boring. He'd much rather be in human form, interacting with others and doing his research.

But sometimes he needed at least part of him to be free.

Mistake.

Stealing from me was a mistake.

Which one of yous tried stealing my shinies?

tenor.gif?itemid=14999983

I will find you.

Your soul will be mine :D

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Drake is Evil

Upvoted.

Hemalurgist

Not who I expected but ok.

Edited by DrakeMarshall
"who" not "why" lol

Page 2, been multitasking.

- Jondesu Died- Low info kill?
 - Mat/TUO potentially e/e here just because he relates a TUO lim to Experience, when obviously there's not going to be the same outcome.
 - Mat/Araris potentially e/e here for points further down

Araris starts off the day with suspecting Drake and TJ- Ends up on TJ.

- Araris/Bip soft Defense of Ash from Drake

@Matrim, Vig claims when the vig only has one shot (ie: Me) don't matter as much here where the roles aren't alignment specific. in a game where you know that there's a 1-shot vig, them claiming makes sense if they're about to be voted out, or if it's down to something like f5 where they need hardclears to PoE the last Elims. Getting a potentially confirmed villager in the beginning of the game when it could have been revealed later isn't very helpful.

Idk where that puts me, but thought yall'd like to know that the Elim kill was Jon and not Az, though I don't know where that puts us now.

I didn't see where Szeth took confirming a role as confirming a villager but I agree with TJ there that that gives Szeth a village read.

Okay, Araris is giving me strong elim vibes for meta. mostly it's the "I'm fine with being suspected, but-" that feels like caught scum who feels like they were caught for faulty reasoning.

Archer drops down to a mild village read for a focus on the Kandra early on.

Araris preflipping mat in- wow. I really do miss post numbers.

Bip's going towards an Elim read, with

@Archer, The Drake/Araris battle read a lot more friendly than mine and Quinn's normally do :P.

I agree with the point about Ashbringer. Not explicitly saying why you're voting is scummier than explicitly stating.

Point down for drake: "Given how it ended for me in LG66" is the kind of AtE I don't like, comparing this (what was happening) to a game where he already reinforced he was a villager in. Especially when Araris, the one person on Drake at the time, had just moved off.

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

@Matrim, Vig claims when the vig only has one shot (ie: Me) don't matter as much here where the roles aren't alignment specific. in a game where you know that there's a 1-shot vig, them claiming makes sense if they're about to be voted out, or if it's down to something like f5 where they need hardclears to PoE the last Elims. Getting a potentially confirmed villager in the beginning of the game when it could have been revealed later isn't very helpful.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I asked them to claim. It's kinda funny to me that you're all "them claiming makes sense if they're about to be voted out' and 'Getting a potentially confirmed villager in the beginning of the game when it could have been revealed later isn't very helpful." after claiming the literal second you get in the game. And sure Ventyl was under some suspicion but pretty much all of that was Ventyl-specific iirc. So I don't know why you're arguing for that after claiming early, but all that I knew as soon as Drake brought it up :P.

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

What does this mean?

Nice Shade, when I explained it.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And sure Ventyl was under some suspicion but pretty much all of that was Ventyl-specific iirc. So I don't know why you're arguing for that after claiming early, but all that I knew as soon as Drake brought it up :P.

12 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Idk where that puts me, but thought yall'd like to know that the Elim kill was Jon and not Az, though I don't know where that puts us now.

mm

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What does this mean?

Just a note that both Araris and Bip provided the same non-defence of Ash when Drake voted him.

19 minutes ago, Illwei said:

mm

I don't really see how that's an explanation but I guess that's an acknowledgement. Are you saying you claimed to confirm which kill was the elim kill? I didn't get that implication before.

Drake posting about "no one defending" feels villagery to me. I'm taking back my statement about Drake being evil. more thinking Araris is now.

Manu "well one elim is down, that's good" Performative, thanking the coinshot.
Continuing to pointedly not vote because it's "not neccessary" or whatnot, not vibing with that either

Vil Leans - Books, Drake

Null/Vil - Archer

True Null - TUO, Danex, Mist

Null/Elim - Manu, Ash

Elim Leans - Mat, Biplet, Szeth

Elim - Araris

--

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don't really see how that's an explanation but I guess that's an acknowledgement. Are you saying you claimed to confirm which kill was the elim kill? I didn't get that implication before.

Also this doesn't confirm me as village, just as a Hemalugist, so it doesn't matter in the way you're trying to shade me for.

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Also this doesn't confirm me as village, just as a Hemalugist, so it doesn't matter in the way you're trying to shade me for.

I very much doubt the elims started with an extra kill, but I guess so. I'm not trying to shade you, just clarify some things :P.

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

Hemalurgist

Actually, you know what, no. I've thought about it, and I refuse to accept that claim.

There is basically no gain from claiming this as a village, and what's more you claimed to be a Hemalurgist who killed the one person that wouldn't have put a new spike on the market. And you don't even have to really explain why you killed Azmine bc that was Ventyl so who knows.

I'm sorry, but that's just too storming convenient :P Any eliminator or kandra could make the same claim and likely go unchallenged, bc even if another person claims vig we really have no idea if it was vig+kandra+elims or vig+vig+elims killing last night.

Stay tuned for the next match in the thunderdome bc now I'm like 60% sure Illwei is evil and I'm fully expecting us to vote on each other next turn :P

But why wait? There's already so much to talk about :D

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

First of all, basically I'm thinking that the Elims won't RP too much, or will be very self-aware that they're RPing a lot for boxings. Instead I expect them to have long analysis posts. I also think that because they're going to be more self-aware, they're going to have less filler in there compared to other people. 

First of all, that is directly contrary to what Lotus did. And more generally my experience is that this isn't how eliminators tend to play games with these sorts of activity incentives (LG66 and LG30 come to mind, although one of these was a little while ago).

Second of all, are the eliminators more likely to do this than villagers? Because as far as I'm concerned, all of the things you just said are just plain good things for a villager to do.

Still, if you are implying that this applies to me in any way and that my posts don't have filler, thank you :) There are some philistines here with us who seem to disagree >:|

- Archer village for his read of manu, though I don't agree with the read.
    - TJ village for identifying that.

- Szeth village for RPing so much (tentative)

- Ashbringer Elim Lean for talking about Faleast, because its not just RP and its long posts that aren't analysis.
 - Matrim Lean Elim for Hopping on Drake reasoning, only valid if its E/E. Actually i take that back. Mat's retraction was so fast and badly explained that he cant be E/E with drake, because he wouldn't feel as comfortable suddenly retracting.

- Drake still on my elim list though because of his reads.
 - Drake and Araris legitimately E/E openwolfing rn? (potential, feels very buddy-buddy but they're also

- Szeth telling the thread about PMs though implies safety which implies elim

- Araris pointing out Szeth's self-awareness is a double standard so Araris Elim feeling eh bit better.

- Village on books rn for seeing what i did a small bit, which was a focus on 3p from Drake

At some point I am curious what is going on behind the interpretation of these reads but in the meantime reads of any kind are good.

Imma point out though that I'd legit be okay with executing every other one of the sus reads you brought up, so idk even who my team would be if I'm evil. yes please do it call my bluff and vote to exe Araris I will help you

I suppose the same goes for you, though, so congratulations on graduating to an at least slightly more villagery read.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Page 2, been multitasking.

- Jondesu Died- Low info kill?
 - Mat/TUO potentially e/e here just because he relates a TUO lim to Experience, when obviously there's not going to be the same outcome.
 - Mat/Araris potentially e/e here for points further down

Araris starts off the day with suspecting Drake and TJ- Ends up on TJ.

I didn't see where Szeth took confirming a role as confirming a villager but I agree with TJ there that that gives Szeth a village read.

Okay, Araris is giving me strong elim vibes for meta. mostly it's the "I'm fine with being suspected, but-" that feels like caught scum who feels like they were caught for faulty reasoning.

Archer drops down to a mild village read for a focus on the Kandra early on.

Araris preflipping mat in- wow. I really do miss post numbers.

@Archer, The Drake/Araris battle read a lot more friendly than mine and Quinn's normally do :P.

I agree with the point about Ashbringer. Not explicitly saying why you're voting is scummier than explicitly stating.

Point down for drake: "Given how it ended for me in LG66" is the kind of AtE I don't like, comparing this (what was happening) to a game where he already reinforced he was a villager in. Especially when Araris, the one person on Drake at the time, had just moved off.

Probably a low info kill, yes. Not gonna complain if it means the game is more active. Although I guess that does also hint that the elims are on average more active players.

Thank you for somebody noticing what felt like kind of a lot of "soft defense" around Ashbringer. This was the main reason I couldn't bring myself to unvote Ash until it seemed obvious it just wasn't gonna go anywhere.

Okay I guess letting us know the elim kill was Jon and not Azmine is some potential gain from revealing as village!Hemalurgist. Although I still prolly would not have done the same thing in your place.

In fairness to Szeth I do believe the use of my role would have been alignment indicative, just not to such an extent that it could ever clear me.

I stand by my reasons for bringing up LG66. I wasn't even in any conceivable danger at that point, but that isn't really the point, I still think players should vote early, because it's still not the greatest to get a late wagon on you and not have anything you can do about it. And then in the very next post I started a late wagon on Biplet whoops

Edit: Can somebody please post? This post is already way too long :P

Edited by DrakeMarshall

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

First of all, that is directly contrary to what Lotus did. And more generally my experience is that this isn't how eliminators tend to play games with these sorts of activity incentives (LG66 and LG30 come to mind, although one of these was a little while ago).

I think it obviously varies by person, but that was a first thought that came from people probably not wanting to be seen as posting so much RP for coins when they could be posting "useful" things. I guess it really doesn't matter now, but it fits with my updated read on Szeth. *looks back*

wait I have another village read on Szeth. okay just switch Szeth for Manu in my reads for now, I'll come back later.

Probably going to vote Araris tomorrow unless something interesting comes up.

15 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

And then in the very next post I started a late wagon on Biplet whoops

>:(

lol

Edit: I'll have more to add to the game later, busy day

Edited by Biplet

I'm taking back my statement about Drake being evil. more thinking Araris is now.

The plot thickens

Manu "well one elim is down, that's good" Performative, thanking the coinshot.
Continuing to pointedly not vote because it's "not neccessary" or whatnot, not vibing with that either

I have very mixed feelings about manukos.

Manukos scares me i might have a hint abt their role

Vil Leans - Books, Drake

Null/Vil - Archer

True Null - TUO, Danex, Mist

Null/Elim - Manu, Ash

Elim Leans - Mat, Biplet, Szeth

Elim - Araris

Interesting.

Wait wait when did Szeth become an elim read?

I tend to agree with the village read on books, actually. even though im very slightly miffed at their vote

I mean, I guess. I would be pretty surprised if the elims would spend a Hemalurgist kill on N1, though.

I think it obviously varies by person, but that was a first thought that came from people probably not wanting to be seen as posting so much RP for coins when they could be posting "useful" things. I guess it really doesn't matter now, but it fits with my updated read on Szeth. *looks back*

Well, I would definitely be surprised if all of the elims are doing what Lotus is doing. Probably there is a decent spread of playstyles in their team. Although that may be a statistical fallacy, idk I'm a math major and I never had to take stats for some reason.

wait I have another village read on Szeth. okay just switch Szeth for Manu in my reads for now, I'll come back later.

:D Szeth if you pocketed me we will have words when this game is over

2 hours ago, Biplet said:

>:(

Biplet please forgive me :(

I liked our PM but not really in a way that would prevent me from voting to kill you. In the nicest way possible.

And you gotta admit though TJ's last advice post to the village definitely reads like a last advice post to the village. Like I've done that before as an elim but it would definitely have been very much going the extra mile.

Edited by DrakeMarshall
smol text is supposed to be smol

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

... this is the rerun of the game Faleast was invented, and I get paid for doing long RP posts ... so I'm going to continue doing that.

The other thing, sure, and for not posting as much. But please don't be suspicious of me for trying to RP.

Suffice it to say, you are of interest to me. And I do love to share my research.

Faleast felt ill.

That was supposed to be impossible. He was a kandra. Immortal to any killing blow, much less a simple disease. Although there were non-simple diseases, he supposed... maybe something was wrong with the Progression bacteria. But that was supposed to be impossible, too... something else from Ashyn? That was more likely than impossible... but still nearly so.

"AraRaash, what do you think?"

AraRaash had been quiet for a while. They both had. Fal wasn't doing so well in social circles, which was unsurprising considering what AraRaash thought of the People's Republic, but they had a task ahead of them. The war between the PRE Loyalists and the Rebels, yes, but there were more important things. A plethora of powers to gather, Lamentation's specific interest in this place, and the other kandra in the room... AraRaash thought they were impersonating him. Faleast wasn't sure.

"AraRaash?"

Faleast suddenly felt cold. He reached out, felt around. The Lifeline stretched to him, but it also moved oddly, stretching... 

Stretching into that space. Where he went to travel between the Lines. Where he and AraRaash went. Together.

The kandra had gone on his own.

"ARARAASH!"

5 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Biplet please forgive me :(

I liked our PM but not really in a way that would prevent me from voting to kill you. In the nicest way possible.

Is okay, I forgive you. 'Tis the law of the game.

but watch your back  /j :)

Edited by Biplet

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

...no?

Him being very open about contents of PMs, and the overall feel of the posts lean Elim. Him giving the quick village read isn't something that Elims would want to do, so that leans village for giving it, unless it's a bad attempt at clearing a teammate.

Okay, N2 thoughts:

7 hours ago, manukos said:

it's the soother or the feruchemist again 
damn, i'd actually like  rioter

I'm leaning toward soother, because it seems like there was less vote manip this time around. It could be possible that a ferring was storing on D1 and, in order to make it not obvious, they voted despite knowing their vote would be cancelled. @StrikerEZ would we be able to tell a difference between a ferring vote cancellation and a soother? ie the ferrings name wouldn't show up at all on the votes?

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Care to explain why Ventyl had a similar playstyle to e!Lotus? 

Could possibly be explained by Ventyl asking for a pinch hitter XD. I know I was #1 on the "let's exe Ventyl" train but I think he seemed less involved for whatever reason he ended up needing a replacement.

Hemalurgist

I'm inclined to believe this based on Ventyl's chaos and the joking blackmail.

Why?

Okay, so, not liking manu or TUO currently for continuing to not vote. Voting is our one big power as village and lets us put pressure on the elims. It can force them out in the open to defend teammates, too. Maybe TUO or manu is the coinshot and thinks that is more useful than voting but like... why not both? (Okay also if either of you two are the coinshot don't claim. I know that's been said a million times over but yeah). Basically, bad vibes from not voting and taking a backseat.

Illwei, you have a lot of good thoughts early on. Welcome to the game! Since a lot of my suspicion was directly Ventyl-based, not sure what I'm going to do now. Can you give me a reason to suspect you? Jk lol. With your claim of hemalurgist, I can't imagine you're an elim. I'm still thinking kandra a little, but I'm not sure.