The day's discussion started off pleasant enough, or at least Yoden thought it did. He was still reeling from Isendwel's betrayal and sudden death, so some of the conversation didn't really register to him. But he did start to notice once accusations started to be thrown around.

"Has no one else noticed how shifty that Philico guy is?" One man yelled.

"Lumen hasn't even given her thoughts about who might be a rebel! That seems like a rebel thing to do to me." 

"That Lafay guy threatened to kill me! Surely he wasn't joking!"

"That janitor guy seems really fishy to me, I say we ask him if he's a rebel!"

"Juno's suggestions are so crazy, surely that means they're a crazy rebel!"

"What about Zara! He hasn't even shown up yet!"

This last comment seemed to gain some traction. Some people knew him as exceedingly loyal, saying he always said how much he loved the Republic. Yet others said he would go weeks without even mentioning it at times, even seeming to despise when people brought it up. And so, it was no surprise to Yoden when Goren and his crew suggested that the constables go pay a visit to Zara in his residence.

They found Zara poring over some notes and files, mumbling to himself. There were empty vials scattered across the desk and the room, and his eyes seemed wild. They took him into custody, and set up an execution for him fairly quickly.

When someone finally decided to check the papers he was looking at, they realized he had been loyal.

~

Experience has been removed! They were a Loyalist Tineye Misting and Investigator!

Experience (4): |TJ|, Archer, Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Ventyl
Matrim's Dice (2): Araris Valerian, manukos, Szeth_Pancakes
Araris Valerian (1): DrakeMarshall
DrakeMarshall (1): Flyingbooks
Mist (1): Devotary of Spontaneity
Ventyl (1): Biplet

PMs are now closed! Please do not talk in any previously opened PMs or open any new ones!

In addition the Black Market is now open! You can see the amount of items available below. Buying an item doesn't count towards a player's two actions per cycle.

We had a bit of an issue with the spreadsheet, but PMs will be out shortly. :P

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ashbringer
  2. @Biplet - Shara, advisor to a representative of the third Octant, Iden. 
  3. @Szeth_Pancakes - Earl Euphemie, a journalist from the Elendel Daily, definitely not a highly trained assassin.
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Philico, here to steal Faleast's Kandra thunder.
  5. @Lotus - Josephine, definitely not out of her league.
  6. @Araris Valerian - Sweeper, a lowly cleaner of the political chamber building.
  7. @The Unknown Order - Walker, who...walks. Yeah.
  8. @DrakeMarshall - Juno, member of the Board of Somethingorother, and an enthusiastic protestor.
  9. @Jondesu - Myra, not witty or even particularly bright, but she’s honest.
  10. @Archer - The Great Panini, wealthy patron of the arts and amateur ventriloquist, accompanied by Bagel.
  11. @Ventyl - The Lafay Etteax, find out what he’ll do on the next episode of Sanderson Elimination!
  12. Experience - Zara, questionably loyal, but in extreme ways. Loyalist Tineye Misting and Investigator!
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Magrait, an amalgamation of Adomert and Inedze through their stored memories from a coppermind.
  14. @Azmine_king
  15. @Mist - Lumen, a secretary who's trying her best and wants to bring justice to whoever needs it.
  16. @|TJ|
  17. @manukos - Bill, Bill Door. Probably shaped like a triangle.
  18. @Dannex
  19. @Flyingbooks - Veren, assistant to the Elendel representatives, playing both sides to get the nobility less influence in politics.

Black Market:

Spoiler
  • Steel Trap: 4 available (25 boxings)
  • Blackmail: 3 available (30 boxings)
  • Bribe: 4 available (40 boxings)
  • Medallion: 4 available (45 boxings)
  • Bulletproof Vest: 3 available (55 boxings)
  • Charged Spike: 4 available (65 boxings)
  • Dagger: 2 available (80 boxings)
  • Uncharged Spike: 2 available (90 boxings)
  • Lerasium Alloy: 1 available (115 boxings)

This turn will end at 9 am CDT on Tuesday, June 1st. The next turn will be posted as soon as possible, but expect it to take around an hour. 

...I really wish Exp hadn't been a Tineye. I rather liked my PMs :( Even so I appreciate those who were willing to take the shot in the dark over me :P.

And who knows, maybe the game will be more active in the thread now.

The double soothes are interesting. I guess it could be a riot to a no-vote, assuming rioting works that way.

This. This is why we don't do inactivity lynches.

So, I'm extremely upset about this. I had a deal with one person that benefited me and relied heavily on PM usage. Plus, I had a lot of people set up to do roleclaims sometime in the future. And that's out the window now.

@Dannex - 2.

Two of them.

Edit: WHO STOLE HALF OF MY HECKING BOXINS?

GIVE THEM BACK >:(

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

So, I'm extremely upset about this. I had a deal with one person that benefited me and relied heavily on PM usage. Plus, I had a lot of people set up to do roleclaims sometime in the future. And that's out the window now.

Benefitted you how? Benefitted the village?

And tell me how a lot of roleclaims is a good thing?

8 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

@Dannex - 2.

Two of them.

Do we get to know what this means?

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Benefitted you how? Benefitted the village?

And tell me how a lot of roleclaims is a good thing?

Do we get to know what this means?

Yes, it benefited the village.

I have a role that heavily benefits from roleclaims.

No, you do not.

Iden entered the room to see soft candle light, flickering on the wall in lazy movements. For a moment, he watched the light on the wall before turning to see the source. The candle itself burned low, almost out of wax. Shara sat at the desk, papers spread out, though organized. She never worked in disarray.

“Shara, you were up all night and day. You should sleep now.”

She shook her head, not bothering to look at him. “Can’t. The execution of Zara has me worried. Everyone is in a frenzy.”

“You suspected him yourself at one point.”

“And I let go of that suspicion quickly. It was unfounded. And now we’ve lost the one person who managed messages. I hear they’re shutting down the mail room.”

Iden sighed. The loss of Zara was an unfortunate one. He hadn’t thought much about the different people to suspect, but their messenger? He felt more trapped than ever.

“You think they would throw suspicion on the messenger on purpose?”

Shara shook her head, moving a full paper out of the way to reveal another, blank one. “That hurts the rebellion too. I can’t imagine the loss of the mail room does them any good. I think it was a frenzy, an effort to follow up the successful capturing of Isendwel. Now, quiet, I need to focus.” She began hurriedly scribbling notes on the blank paper.

Iden sighed. When will that girl learn to rest?

Discussion to come

Edited by Biplet

hmmm that sucks 
i had a plan that accounted for pms to be closed but i thought i'd wait a cycle to screen people i kinda trusted through PMs  before telling anyone about it 
well back to old fashioned mafia it is 

Okie dokie. So, it's very likely that one of the people on the Experience train was an elim. 

|TJ|, Archer, Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Ventyl

Archer provided some very village-y analysis. Until something drastic happens, I think it's okay to assume he's village.

|TJ|, Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Ventyl

Ventyl has done some questionable things in PMs that might have led to them being voted out. This really doesn't seem like an elim thing to do.

|TJ|, Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice

This is where it gets tough. |TJ|'s analysis seems vil to me, but my read on him is very mild. Ash hasn't posted much of substance, and I'm having trouble getting a good read on them. My gut says Mat is elim, since he's acting very much like he did in LG76 and MR50, and he was an elim in both. However, I haven't played any games with him in which he's been village, so I'm not sure if he acts the same when he's village. Also, his tone seems slightly abrasive and blunt. I'm not entirely sure if this is a vil thing or an elim thing, but I thought it was worth noting.

What are your thoughts? I don't think there's sufficient evidence to decisively say who the elim is here, but perhaps we can get a better look at these three tonight and tomorrow (in game :P).

Edit: @Ventyl, it's hard to only play in PMs when all you're saying is "Yes."

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

... okay then. Those are two roles that I was not expecting to be put together. PMs down makes this interesting.

@StrikerEZ, does that mean that we can no longer gain the boxings for sending PMs, or is that compensated by something at all?

I need to go, for a while (I'll be busy working until 4:00 PST), but I can post something of substance this turn.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

@StrikerEZ, does that mean that we can no longer gain the boxings for sending PMs, or is that compensated by something at all?

I didn't think through what would happen to that method of earning boxings if PMs were closed, and I don't think it happened in LG66 except until the very end. I'm going to say it's just not something that anyone can earn anymore, unless someone becomes a Tineye through getting a medallion or spike with Tineye powers and therefore opens PMs back up. Not confirming that there is a medallion or spike with Tineye powers, just saying it's a possibility. :P

19 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Dang, there goes my plan of never reading the thread and only playing in PMs...

That really only hurts the village. You gotta read the thread and participate to figure out what's going on, and asking for summaries isn't always the best option. But you're being so blatantly chaotic that I can't imagine you're an elim. Though, I guess in my limited experience playing with you (one game lol) and knowing you irl, blatant chaos is just... your thing.

...kandra?:ph34r:

I have no backing for my suspicion other than your chaos and the... *cough* blackmail

Anyway, the loss of the tineye is unfortunate and I'm actually pretty bummed, because most of the games I've played so far have been super pm limited so I was excited for an open PM game. Big sad.

38 minutes ago, manukos said:

i had a plan that accounted for pms to be closed

I'm curious about this clever plan of yours, though I doubt you're willing to share lol.

57 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I have a role that heavily benefits from roleclaims.

No, you do not.

This rubs me the wrong way, but again, the overly abrasive tone and slight leaning to chaos makes me hesitant to call you out as an elim. At least in most games I've played, elims try to not draw too much attention to themselves? My read on you is definitely leaning down rather than up though. I don't think we've played enough games together for me to totally grasp your playstyle.

45 minutes ago, manukos said:

i had a plan that accounted for pms to be closed but i thought i'd wait a cycle to screen people i kinda trusted through PMs  before telling anyone about it 

I mean, PMs are closed now. Could it still work?

31 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Dang, there goes my plan of never reading the thread and only playing in PMs...

Smh :P You have been forced to participate!

25 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

However, I haven't played any games with him in which he's been village, so I'm not sure if he acts the same when he's village.

I do. I try to, anyway, that's the point :P.

25 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Also, his tone seems slightly abrasive and blunt. I'm not entirely sure if this is a vil thing or an elim thing, but I thought it was worth noting.

Yeah I was abrasive last turn because I was annoyed at my train :P The bluntness I think is always there to some degree but was magnified by said annoyance.

Okay, some thoughts on some miscellaneous lesser posters.

Devotary's single post felt different than normal Devotary to me- including the vote on Mist-, and even her activity level and the timing was weird. But I haven't ever known elim!Devo to do that so I'd say kandra!Devo over elim!Devo, but my actual read is definitely on the Null spectrum. Need more content to decide which way that sways.

Books' read list was interesting to me, particularly in the sense of who they decided to post a read on. That felt kind of... random to me. Or oddly selective. Then their read on Drake was based off the first line of his first post iirc, which doesn't seem like a fair read to me, but maybe Books hadn't read that much of the thread yet.

I remember Archer's early posts having a village feel to me, but then he dropped off the face of the earth. @Archer, you around? As far as Szeth's read is, I agree in base terms but Szeth was very quick about declaring Archer as solid village.

Jondesu deserves to be a null read for me, but I want to get a better one. @Jondesu, any thoughts?

@Azmine_king and @The Unknown Order are both still inactive. Join us!

A grouping of colors of the whole player list, in rough order. I like this rainbow thing, can you tell? :P Would like to hear more from all my nulls.

MatTJ, Drake, Archer, Dannex, manukos, Araris, Lotus, Mist, Ash, TUO, Azmine, Jondesu, Devo, Books, Biplet, Ventyl, Szeth

RP to come. Much of it :D 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

34 minutes ago, Biplet said:

...kandra?:ph34r:

I wish...

31 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

MatTJ, Drake, Archer, Dannex, manukos, Araris, Lotus, Mist, Ash, TUO, Azmine, Jondesu, Devo, Books, Biplet, Ventyl, Szeth

I’m offended you’d put my name in a shade of orange, so close to being red that if the reader did not have the proper Heightening they’d assume it to be red, but behold, they would be bamboozled as the color is orange, to indicate that you view me as someone who you, Matrim’s Dice, hold with the upmost suspicion. Although I’m quite contrary to this development, I would say that it’s no out of the the realm of possibilities for me to be flattered by you’re accusations, which you offered no grounds for. I believe you’re actions so far to be very suspicious indeed, Mr. Dice, would you care to explain your thought process behind putting my name in a shade of orange, so close to being red that if the reader did not have the proper Heightening they’d assume it to be red, but behold, they would be bamboozled as the color is orange, to indicate that you view me as someone who you, Matrim’s Dice, hold with the upmost suspicion? If you do so, I will be most gleeful, as I’m particularly fond of living—I find it suits me well, much like a finely tailored suit fits firmly around my shoulders and waist. 

(Alright, that’s my 206 words of game analysis/talk that will most definitely continue to frustrate Striker—for which I’m most sorry, but got to make a living somehow)

MatTJ, Drake, Archer, Dannex, manukos, Araris, Lotus, Mist, Ash, TUO, Azmine, Jondesu, Devo, Books, Biplet, Ventyl, Szeth

Can we have some explanation for the elim reads at the end of the spectrum? I disagree with my own read of course, but I'm most confused about Ventyl's orange coloring. Their actions have been strange, but not elim strange. I doubt an elim would take a course of action that may have led to them being voted out, e.g. putting their roleclaim (in a PM, no less) in white text, joke-blackmailing Bip, and being frustrating in the thread. I would like to know your reasoning on that one. I would also like some more explanation on the Biplet read - I don't quite see how she's super elim (other than having a bunch of definitive reads early D1), and I really don't see a Bip/Ventyl team being a thing.

I don't have as much issue with the other end, but I would like to know why you're putting |TJ| above Archer in your village reads. Plus, what reason do you have to trust Drake? Did you have an active PM with them, too? Or are you just going based on the thread? If so, why? Plus, where does your Araris and Dannex read come from? I am very confused.

tl;dr - I would like some reasoning out of you, Mat. 

15 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

(Alright, that’s my 206 words of game analysis/talk that will most definitely continue to frustrate Striker—for which I’m most sorry, but got to make a living somehow)

Y'know, even I don't think that should count :P And I'm having a real hard time reading it to answer your questions.

16 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

the reader did not have the proper Heightening they’d assume it to be red

Seeing as we are all (likely) on Earth, that shouldn't be a problem.

which you offered no grounds for.

This is false :P.

I believe you’re actions so far to be very suspicious indeed, Mr. Dice

See, here's the thing that has no grounds for. Would you care to explain?

17 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

would you care to explain your thought process behind putting my name in a shade of orange,

Your chaos is confusing, but it's also normal. The initial suspicious was based off your unwillingness to read the thread and your questionable vote on Biplet (not questionable in who the vote is on, just why it was put there) and then coupled with weird things with Szeth and Biplet's claim that you were trying to blackmail her. Your insistence of my susness isn't helping either, as it's rather hypocritical :P

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I'm most confused about Ventyl's orange coloring.

See above. You claim the chaos is not really an elim move, but it's not a village move either, leaving it as NAI, but that also leaves his weird suspicions with weird reasonings to stand on their own.

2 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I would also like some more explanation on the Biplet read - I don't quite see how she's super elim (other than having a bunch of definitive reads early D1), and I really don't see a Bip/Ventyl team being a thing.

That comes from that one post she made mid D1, voting Exp in a way that was opportunistic to me. That whole post felt a bit off to me but since then she's seemed fine so idk where this is going. You're right though that Bip/Ventyl makes zero sense and I wasn't expecting my N1 elim reads to be the entire team. Having a bunch of definitive reads isn't sus (hello, it's me :P) and I could say the same thing (kinda already have :P) for your uber-definitive read on Archer.

5 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I would like to know why you're putting |TJ| above Archer in your village reads.

Because I've seen more from TJ. We mindmelded a bit early on and then I PMd him a bit last turn. It's like the same as Archer, but more of it, I didn't even get a PM with Archer :P.

6 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Plus, what reason do you have to trust Drake? Did you have an active PM with them, too? Or are you just going based on the thread? If so, why?

Actually, my main suspicion came from our active PM. The thread is what made me village read him. You ask why, his posts have felt like they come from a village mindset and I like the way he made his rainbowreadlist post, a lot. Feels very village in thread overall, especially later in the turn.

What's your read on Drake?

7 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Plus, where does your Araris and Dannex read come from? I am very confused.

Largely gut; the Dannex one has virtually no basis and Araris is the slightest of all village reads for sticking with his vote on me and providing a reason for doing so, even if that reason wasn't something I did.

8 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

tl;dr - I would like some reasoning out of you, Mat. 

Was that enough interrogation for you :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Y'know, even I don't think that should count :P And I'm having a real hard time reading it to answer your questions.

Seeing as we are all (likely) on Earth, that shouldn't be a problem.

This is false :P.

See, here's the thing that has no grounds for. Would you care to explain?

Your chaos is confusing, but it's also normal. The initial suspicious was based off your unwillingness to read the thread and your questionable vote on Biplet (not questionable in who the vote is on, just why it was put there) and then coupled with weird things with Szeth and Biplet's claim that you were trying to blackmail her. Your insistence of my susness isn't helping either, as it's rather hypocritical :P

See above. You claim the chaos is not really an elim move, but it's not a village move either, leaving it as NAI, but that also leaves his weird suspicions with weird reasonings to stand on their own.

That comes from that one post she made mid D1, voting Exp in a way that was opportunistic to me. That whole post felt a bit off to me but since then she's seemed fine so idk where this is going. You're right though that Bip/Ventyl makes zero sense and I wasn't expecting my N1 elim reads to be the entire team. Having a bunch of definitive reads isn't sus (hello, it's me :P) and I could say the same thing (kinda already have :P) for your uber-definitive read on Archer.

Because I've seen more from TJ. We mindmelded a bit early on and then I PMd him a bit last turn. It's like the same as Archer, but more of it, I didn't even get a PM with Archer :P.

Actually, my main suspicion came from our active PM. The thread is what made me village read him. You ask why, his posts have felt like they come from a village mindset and I like the way he made his rainbowreadlist post, a lot. Feels very village in thread overall, especially later in the turn.

What's your read on Drake?

Largely gut; the Dannex one has virtually no basis and Araris is the slightest of all village reads for sticking with his vote on me and providing a reason for doing so, even if that reason wasn't something I did.

Was that enough interrogation for you :rolleyes: 

First off, thanks for the definitive sentence-by-sentence post :D

You did indeed answer a lot of my questions.

My read on Drake is village - they agreed to a PM deal that, if PMs hadn't closed straight away, could have led to them being mechanically confirmed elim.

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

My read on Drake is village - they agreed to a PM deal that, if PMs hadn't closed straight away, could have led to them being mechanically confirmed elim.

I can guess what this is, but only halfway. Makes sense.

Realized that if I had split my last post in half I could have got two 200 word posts and now I'm sad :( Ah well, I'll post some RP in awhile but I'm catching up on school now so I'm closing the tab, Mat, you're closing the tab.

3 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Experience has been removed! They were a Loyalist Tineye Misting and Investigator!

PMs are now closed! Please do not talk in any previously opened PMs or open any new ones!

Well..... Crap.

Keeping the tineye was like the one piece of mechanical analysis I actually bothered to give.

And the investigator role is also absurdly useful, it is the only straight-up alignment cop in the game. I mean, it is less clear that it would have been used in the hands of somebody not online yet, but still.

I'm having a hard time picturing a worse set of roles to execute on D1.

Didn't LG66 also have a particularly unfortunate D1 execution?

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I didn't think through what would happen to that method of earning boxings if PMs were closed, and I don't think it happened in LG66 except until the very end. I'm going to say it's just not something that anyone can earn anymore, unless someone becomes a Tineye through getting a medallion or spike with Tineye powers and therefore opens PMs back up. Not confirming that there is a medallion or spike with Tineye powers, just saying it's a possibility. :P

See, I was wondering about that.

So there is at least some hope of getting a tineye back in the game. I doubt whoever gets the lerasium alloy would be willing to use it for such altruistic purposes, but maybe at least a medallion or spike will give us our PMs back. These are useful items to buy anyway so I can hope we won't be without PMs forever.

11 hours ago, Flyingbooks said:

I think that I will switch my vote from Dannex to DrakeMarshall, since I'm a bit suspicious of them for the reasons outlined above. I will most likely not be on again until after the cycle ends.

All I will say about this is, in your analysis it seemed like your vibe for me was more "ambivalent" than "suspicious", so I'm a bit surprised by your decision.

9 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

The philosophy only works if we actually follow the initial votes of this cycle to their conclusion, given that few other options have naturally risen. Elim!Araris (and village!Araris, I must admit) is often very happy to ignore a C1 vote on himself because if you just wait and ignore it long enough, people move on. Based on that experience, I’m not (moving my vote, that is). I’m actually more curious to see a flip from Mat now that you appear to be actively defending him. Like, what good is any early vote C1 if everyone knows it will just always move? This is the entire point behind a stab vote. Sometimes the votes just need to stay.

With regards to me having TMI, I simply didn’t make the assumption you say I did. I assume that vote manipulation will make the outcome of the vote less predictable for the elims. Hence, if an elim is in danger, the elims will want to make the outcome more predictable through action in the thread. It’s basically the meta these days for elims to have vote manip. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a significant risk to leave things close.

So, I see where you're coming from, but I disagree.

If you have reason to believe that the current voting is not going to turn out well, then you should act on it.

Yeah, it's a paradox to defend somebody on the basis that nobody has been defending them, because then it is no longer the case that they aren't being defended, but... The concern is that eliminators would try to save their teammates, and I know I'm a villager, so at least from where I'm standing, it's still the right decision to defend somebody who is starting to seem like they are more likely to be innocent. It isn't really useful to get a village read on somebody if that person dies.

I don't think changing your mind sometimes undermines the seriousness of a vote, or at least it doesn't undermine it very much. If my vote for experience had been received differently, there is a very real chance I might have kept pursuing their execution.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I believe the outcome of today's execution could have been averted if people had been willing to risk pursuing alternatives to the 2 or 3 bad choices for the execution that were in the lead. Because nobody seemed all that jazzed about exing experience, it just seemed like a better choice than Matrim or Ventyl, but not really a good choice. Sometimes being willing to change your vote is a good thing.

I have probably another post or two worth of quotes worth to get through but I am submitting this post which is probably already like 400 words.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, PMs are closed now. Could it still work?

well...not particularly well , i'd even argue that using it now could be more detrimental than not 
it'd also be like screaming the cipher (no pun intended) to a very obvious hand signal to be used out in the open that people could also figure out on their own if they went looking.
so if everyone knows about it  there is no reason for it and if i employ it in secret only a few will pick up on it and i risk them being Elims and swaying me to their side 
that being said i'll give it a shot and perhaps explain it a cycle or two from now so that people can go back and check 
there ..  TADAAAAAA
you have it
(with 3 ways to figure it out depending on the variety of cool person you are, be it investigator, archivist or dark of cover)
it would have worked way better if people weren't actively searching for it and it could be slipped by for only the ones warned to look out for it 
further more if the rules have changed since i last employed this gambit and it is now disallowed i am sorry and please Bard delete this post 
until i reveal it however i promise upvotes to whoever figures it out 

1 minute ago, manukos said:

further more if the rules have changed since i last employed this gambit and it is now disallowed i am sorry and please Bard delete this post 

Technically, ciphers and coded messages are not allowed :P. As of December.