Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

The Servant of the Mad God watched as the light faded from the sky and the stars showed their teeth through the curtain of the sky. So many people had been willing to be part of his experiments, practically throwing themselves at his knife. All you had to do was ask, and so many people were willing to die. "Will you donate your body to science?" It was lovely to see so many willing test subjects. Unwilling test subjects tended to struggle erratically, which threw off results. As the darkness grew and swallowed hope, he went on the hunt.

So many had offered, and so many were foolish enough not to enact a minimum collection date. "See you tonight," he had told them, and they had frantically skittered away from him like a cornered cat, barricading their domicile and setting up so many boundaries. Futile, of course, but a good entry for his notebook on human psychology. Little had they known, he had been in the room the entire time.

"Have fun?" he asked, stepping closer, and they screamed. "They won't hear you," he said. "The uses of Chalk in this realm are such fascinating things." They stumbled backwards, falling against the wall, face distorted into a visage of terror. His knife struck true, and the screaming stopped in favour of laboured breathing. Now for the chalk dust. He pressed a handful of dust against his victim's mouth, and they couldn't help but breathe it in.

He pulled out his notebook and waited for the effects to take hold. Nothing left to do but wait.

Gut reads because I have a lingering suspicion that someone's going to stab me N1:

• Evil: Illwei (refusing to explain shifting super-Vigor stance)
  • Maybe Evil: Ventyl (vote), Alvron (if he's doing what I suspect he's doing), Archer (why Bribe?), Striker (gut)
  • Dirty Chalk Snatchers: Lotus, STINK, Reading, Random Bystander
  • Null: Quinn (move to Evil if I die), Matrim, Books, et al
  • Maybe Good: Gears, TJ Shade, Kas, Connie
  • Good: Devotary

I'm probably not going to do my kill analysis this game, because while it works it also really doesn't, and LG's don't have as much rush to decide a kill. So if you're planning on killing me before I preemptively find 3/4 of the Elims... please don't. I'd hate to lose the Shadowblaze due to being dead.

The mess hall was not quiet that night. Many soldiers stayed awake, tossing and turning, listening to the chalkling horde outside. Others saw this as an opportunity to grab many coveted supplies. When morning finally dawned, the Rithmatists took count of their number. No one had vanished during the night, and no corpses were found. Was the Forgotten threat truly real? One thing was for certain though. The wild chalklings were eagerly circling the building, and the Supply was now out of chalk. The soldiers would need to find a new, more defensible position if they all wanted to survive for much longer.

No one died!

Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • 1 Bucket of Acid
  • 3 Bribes
  • 3 Spring-Powered Crabs
  • 2 Maps

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. @Gears : Servant of the Mad God
  2. @Quinn0928 : Nicole Cooper
  3. @Ashbringer : Faleast
  4. @Lotus : Daughter of the Prime forest
  5. @Flyingbooks
  6. @Archer : Evan Wallace
  7. @Burnt Spaghetti : Tia Vuur
  8. @Ventyl : Shimamura Sakura
  9. @The Unknown Order : Atreco Tel
  10. @Araris Valerian : Elysian
  11. @StrikerEZ : Frederick Kerr
  12. @Alvron : Blackbane
  13. @Shard of Reading
  14. @Random Bystander
  15. @Illwei
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation : Connie
  18. @Devotary of Spontaneity : Kaniae Moreau
  19. @Kasimir : Duncan Kerr
  20. @Matrim's Dice : Joshua
  21. @STINK : Respected Madman
  22. @Mist : Tria Noche
  23. Dannex Rithmatist

This Day will end on February 2nd at 8 PM CST.

Camp Defense was 3.

I used a Line of Forbiddance (edit: on myself), which is my Specialization. If someone attacked me their action would have been negated... which might not have been reflected in the write-up. I'm not sure.

Edited by Quinn0928

Ok I need to set a reminder on my phone because rollover was a hour earlier then I thought it was. #timezone problems.

Anyway this was the RP I was going to post end of last cycle:

___

Daughter of the Prime Forest didn't know why chalk was important, but for whatever reason, she could do things with it. Put her will onto a drawing and make it come alive. She spent most of the night awake, sketching small creatures and watching in fascination as they came alive. 

Perhaps this world wasn't too bad after all, but she still wanted to find a way to return home. No one had questioned her as she had intergrated into the camp, trying to fake more than she knew. It didn't always work, but there were enough people that nobody noticed her questions.

She had long grown used to the rather... unpleasant experiment that the Servant of the Mad God played, and she ignored him, for the most part, except for the occasional glance walking across from one another. They had an unspoken agreement to ignore the other, for now.