34 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Public Service Announcement:

It has come to my attention that, due to mistaken assumptions during the game creation stage, this game is systemically biased against one faction.

In order to provide a fun and enjoyable game experience for everyone, the following rules changes are to take effect as of this moment: All Parshendi now gain the benefit of the warform extra life regardless of the form they have taken. The same applies to Voidbringers and the stormform extra life. A Parshendi must still be in warform to protect another player.

In addition, it is now possible for a Parshendi to be a Shardbearer. A Parshendi Shardbearer possesses both plate and blade, and may use their blade to attack another player.

While this is a very welcome change as it now allows us to do something besides die a slow death, I worry that it will only increase the amount of attacks directed towards the Parshendi as we can now kill which is basically what happened in MR7.

Although to be fair, if the lynch was going to go ahead on Jon, as it seems likely to, I was going to ask that we be given an Oathstone so we could at least take some of them with us so maybe it was just inevitable for this to happen.

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

Public Service Announcement:

It has come to my attention that, due to mistaken assumptions during the game creation stage, this game is systemically biased against one faction.

In order to provide a fun and enjoyable game experience for everyone, the following rules changes are to take effect as of this moment: All Parshendi now gain the benefit of the warform extra life regardless of the form they have taken. The same applies to Voidbringers and the stormform extra life. A Parshendi must still be in warform to protect another player.

In addition, it is now possible for a Parshendi to be a Shardbearer. A Parshendi Shardbearer possesses both plate and blade, and may use their blade to attack another player.

This... isn't good. I feel like it needed to play out, regardless of how unbalanced the game might turn out to be. Still, I understand your decision. Regardless, Jondesu. Every faction except the Ghostbloods needs the Ghostbloods dead.

Edited by Sart
Whoops wrong person

Well.

I've been talking with a lot of the Alethi in PM.

And one thing we all seem to be able to agree on is that we get a strong Ghostblood vibe from HH.

Now, I know neither the Alethi or Parshendi will be perfectly happy with this.

But I reckon that makes it a good compromise. Is this lynch acceptable to everyone? Can we go through with it?

@OrlokTsubodai @Straw @BrightnessRadiant @StrikerEZ @Megasif @_Stick_ @Sami @A Joe in the Bush @asterion137 @Yitzi2 @Sart @Hemalurgic_Headshot @Crimsn-Wolf @Elbereth @Jondesu @Drake Marshall @Daniyah @Frozen Mint @cloudjumper @Alvron

Again, if we can't agree to just shardblade Jondesu, and to use the lynch on someone who isn't another Parshendi, then there is no peace.

And in that case I will cease to act like there is any possibility of peace, as will every other Parshendi I suspect.

Edited by Drake Marshall

59 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Which mistaken assumptions would these be?

They are discussed in the spec doc, and will be discussed at length after this game is over.

Also, I've given Roadwalker permission to post his death RP in thread. It's great, and deserves your upvotes.

1 hour ago, Sart said:

This... isn't good. I feel like it needed to play out, regardless of how unbalanced the game might turn out to be. Still, I understand your decision. Regardless, Elenion. Every faction except the Ghostbloods needs the Ghostbloods dead.

Elenion is dead unless you mean Jondesu

Edited by asterion137
oops already fixed sorry

So there seems to have been a few changes since I last checked or posted. I managed to come online for a quick check but didn't have time to post.

(A thought that occurred to me) I think the scanners might not even be scanners if they're a part of SoH/ghostbloods. Another person on the team can just do the scanning and let one with a shardplate/highprince do the claiming. If they're normal unaligned alethi then they are just doing their best to out the secret factions.

So far it's going the way some people guessed on D1. An alethi vs parshendi by the looks of it. Now with the rule changes, I don't know if things will really be different but I guess I'm just going to wait for a while longer and see where it goes.

And do we have to do the vote tally ourselves?

Edit: just checked Drake's post. I must've skimmed it but seems like he's given us an ultimatum. Is he speaking for all of the Parshendi there? Is there really a strong suspicion of HH being ghostblood? 

Edited by Megasif

18 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Yeah…I have to say, I kinda expected this.  The Sons are trying to get the lynch to do all their dirty work, and it won't matter if a few of their members are discovered by false claims, because by the time that happens, the Parshendi won't have hardly any voting power left. At that point, the unaligned Alethi will have a much better chance of reaching a successful win con if they just work with the Sons, and this game will be over quickly.

I'm going to of course vote against Orlok, who I can only assume must be a SoH, or an unaligned Alethi who has just solidly thrown in with them.

Orlok claims he was roleblocked last cycle so in all likelihood he will be dead anyways. As will I.

2 hours ago, Megasif said:

Edit: just checked Drake's post. I must've skimmed it but seems like he's given us an ultimatum. Is he speaking for all of the Parshendi there? Is there really a strong suspicion of HH being ghostblood? 

I can't really say I'm speaking for everyone... But the third post in the cycle was Alvron saying something nearly identical to what I did. I can definitely say that a fair number of us feel this way.

There's a pretty strong suspicion of HH being a Ghostblood, yes. HH has had a PM with Yitzi, myself, and Striker. All of us got Ghostblood vibes, which feels like it probably isn't a coincidence. I presented this compromise to Yitzi in PM and he said it seemed like a viable course of action for this cycle.

4 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well.

I've been talking with a lot of the Alethi in PM.

And one thing we all seem to be able to agree on is that we get a strong Ghostblood vibe from HH.

Now, I know neither the Alethi or Parshendi will be perfectly happy with this.

But I reckon that makes it a good compromise. Is this lynch acceptable to everyone? Can we go through with it?

@OrlokTsubodai @Straw @BrightnessRadiant @StrikerEZ @Megasif @_Stick_ @Sami @A Joe in the Bush @asterion137 @Yitzi2 @Sart @Hemalurgic_Headshot @Crimsn-Wolf @Elbereth @Jondesu @Drake Marshall @Daniyah @Frozen Mint @cloudjumper @Alvron

Again, if we can't agree to just shardblade Jondesu, and to use the lynch on someone who isn't another Parshendi, then there is no peace.

And in that case I will cease to act like there is any possibility of peace, as will every other Parshendi I suspect.

Mm, I agree that this sounds reasonable. I am all for a lynch on HH, and will withdrawal my vote on Orlok now. 

5 hours ago, Megasif said:

Does he give you ghostblood vibes based on your PM with him?

Supposing Jondesu is a Ghostblood, that means both the Ghsotbloods and the voidbringers have lost players. The Sons's of Honour still haven't. At this point in the game, the Ghostbloods are going to be actively protecting the Parshendit, because they're weakened. If we're going after the peace treaty, we should be Lynching one of the suspected Sons, not a suspected GHostblood. I would much rather vote on Yitzi or the flash or even El than a ghostblood. HH is a horrible compromise. But, since the spokesmen of the Parshendi delegation proposed it, i will vote for HHSince Orlok is apparently dying.

6 hours ago, Megasif said:

So far it's going the way some people guessed on D1. An alethi vs parshendi by the looks of it.

D1?  I predicted it before the game even started.  (Which is part of why accusing me for being a SoH for saying the same thing on D1 makes little sense, though there I did add my opinion that such a game favors the Alethi; such opinion is, of course, now less true depending on how many Shardbearers the Parshendi get.)

And I figure we can lynch Jon later if necessary; if it will help make the Parshendi feel more comfortable about the situation, Jondesu HH.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Does he give you ghostblood vibes based on your PM with him?

That's why I asked the question in the first place tbh. I don't know if it was the same for others, but the PM was a bit weird in the beginning. I wouldn't say I got a strong ghostblood vibe but it did seem a bit too open.

Um, okay. Could I say that I am not a Ghostblood? Yes, I know I probably set off red flags by wanting to get all of the information I could out of the contacts, etc. That was my fault. And I suppose that I am of no further use, since the contacts have started to double contact each other, making a single person less important (such as myself). So my particular usefulness is spent. You could lynch me, yes, and learn that I am indeed not a Ghostblood, and I haven't been spreading lies around the PM chain, which would help in a way. Or you could not lynch me and I continue to try to work with everyone to achieve an unaligned victory, as I intend to.

And my reputation doesn't count.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

47 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Um, okay. Could I say that I am not a Ghostblood? Yes, I know I probably set off red flags by wanting to get all of the information I could out of the contacts, etc. That was my fault. And I suppose that I am of no further use, since the contacts have started to double contact each other, making a single person less important (such as myself). So my particular usefulness is spent. You could lynch me, yes, and learn that I am indeed not a Ghostblood, and I haven't been spreading lies around the PM chain, which would help in a way. Or you could not lynch me and I continue to try to work with everyone to achieve an unaligned victory, as I intend to.

And my reputation doesn't count.

This is just what a Ghostblood would say.

Of course, it's also what a non-Ghostblood would say...still, I figure it's a decent compromise proposal.

Arbol sighed, watching one of his inventions, the battery, explode as his lightning struck it. Maybe he had added too much clay. Or possibly too much black powder. The last three inventions he had made using black powder had exploded too. He had begun to doubt his friend, who told him that black powder made a wonderful conductive. What a shame. Speaking of his recent inventions, he turned to survey the thing-that-is-like-a-human-carriage-but-moves-the-wheels-by-means-of-a-contained-pressure-applied-to-a-rotary-piston, or TTILAHCBMTWBMOACPATARP, or car. So far, it did not work. It would work so much easier if Arbol could use his Stormform lightning to power the combustion, but that was a big no-no with all the Alethi around. The tendency to explode was too much of a problem.

Arbol yawned and stretched. He was sleeping in his car. He had woken to the sound of something moving around the car. There was a soft crack, then another. Then another. Then another. Arbol's  tape-recorder device started playing ominous music. Arbol slapped it. What had that crack been? He looked out the window. His chalks had all been cut to pieces. Someone shoved the car from behind. Arbol closed his eyes tightly, hoping that in a Wile E. Coyote moment, he would not fall unless he looked down. Unfortunately, Arbol had not yet invented moving picture entertainment, and so he fell to his death. What a shame. His red spren left him as he fell.

24 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Arbol sighed, watching one of his inventions, the battery, explode as his lightning struck it. Maybe he had added too much clay. Or possibly too much black powder. The last three inventions he had made using black powder had exploded too. He had begun to doubt his friend, who told him that black powder made a wonderful conductive. What a shame. Speaking of his recent inventions, he turned to survey the thing-that-is-like-a-human-carriage-but-moves-the-wheels-by-means-of-a-contained-pressure-applied-to-a-rotary-piston, or TTILAHCBMTWBMOACPATARP, or car. So far, it did not work. It would work so much easier if Arbol could use his Stormform lightning to power the combustion, but that was a big no-no with all the Alethi around. The tendency to explode was too much of a problem.

Arbol yawned and stretched. He was sleeping in his car. He had woken to the sound of something moving around the car. There was a soft crack, then another. Then another. Then another. Arbol's  tape-recorder device started playing ominous music. Arbol slapped it. What had that crack been? He looked out the window. His chalks had all been cut to pieces. Someone shoved the car from behind. Arbol closed his eyes tightly, hoping that in a Wile E. Coyote moment, he would not fall unless he looked down. Unfortunately, Arbol had not yet invented moving picture entertainment, and so he fell to his death. What a shame. His red spren left him as he fell.

Wait a second... you're still alive? I wondered about that...

Interesting.

12 hours ago, Seonid said:
13 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

Which mistaken assumptions would these be?

They are discussed in the spec doc, and will be discussed at length after this game is over.

Also, I've given Roadwalker permission to post his death RP in thread. It's great, and deserves your upvotes.

Edited by Roadwalker