6 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

@A Joe in the Bush it's not really a big deal, but out of curiosity, why did you suddenly decide to close your PM with me?

I know I probably haven't been terribly helpful in it so far :P but if I read the rules correctly there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of PMs you can maintain in the game.

We can only have 1 open at a time, and i needed to open a different one (I actually never ended up doing it, so thanks for the reminder)

27 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

We can only have 1 open at a time, and i needed to open a different one (I actually never ended up doing it, so thanks for the reminder)

I didn't catch that either, and have been playing without that.

Where was that rule, and @Seonid how do we deal with the fact that I (and apparently quite a few others) have been playing without it?

Edited by Yitzi2

Hmm...what do we do when there's a rule that the GM intended to be in the game, but never put in the actual rules or said publicly, and people then play without that restriction?  It seems to me like it might be easier to change the official rules to match the publicly stated rules than to try to backtrack everybody following an unintended rule.

I think that's only for the 3-person Parshendi PM. It closes at end of cycle. Alethi one closes if you choose to close it or when one of the participants dies. Any amount of PMs. 

That was my take. Hope it's clarified soon.

Edit:oops didn't refresh the page and missed a few comments.

Edited by Megasif

14 hours ago, asterion137 said:

Orlok claims he was roleblocked last cycle so in all likelihood he will be dead anyways. As will I.

That assumes that the Voidbringers placed a kill order.  I don't think Roadwalker was planning on dying so early so it's possible that he only placed a role-block order.  But given how ticked Len was in Doc, it's also very likely they decided to try and burn down some SoH while they could.

7 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Um, okay. Could I say that I am not a Ghostblood?

And my reputation doesn't count.

You can say that but your rep says otherwise and there has been a few times that the rep was scarily accurate. In fact I think that every time they have been compared it's been true.

3 hours ago, Megasif said:

Right, this is for the peace compromise I guess. Ghostblood either way. HH.

And I don't think anyone noticed but:

If we want a vote tally, do we do it ourselves?

I'm not convinced that HH is a ghostblood but he also isn't a parshendi which in my mind is more important to peace so I can accept him being lynched over Jon.

Sometimes the GMs will do a vote tally during the cycle but for the most part the players have to do their own.  I would do one but am currently a little pressed for time.

3 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

I didn't catch that either, and have been playing without that.

Where was that rule, and @Seonid how do we deal with the fact that I (and apparently quite a few others) have been playing without it?

Once per cycle was the intended interpretation - my apologies to Joe about the misunderstanding

Kyner watched as Eshonai brought Plato before the assembled delegation. Something was very, very wrong.

Plato had changed. He still had carapace, but it looked bulkier than that of warform. Rather than the red and black pattern most Parshendi wore, it was a uniform red. The exact same sickly shade as rotspren. His skin had a strange sheen on it, as if oozing some strange substance. As Plato was lead past a solitary rockbud clinging to the top of the plains, it just died in front of him. The most striking part was his eyes, which were glowing red.

The deep-spirit reacted violently to the sight. Whatever Plato had turned into, Kyner could feel that the deep-spirit hated it. It yearned to destroy the thing that Plato had become, bombarding Kyner with mental images of different deaths to visit on Plato, but more importantly to hurt the thing inside of Plato. Although it could not think (or at least not in the way one conventionally defines thinking), it grasped for a plan.

Before Kyner could do anything or make sense of what had just happened, Eshonai summoned her blade and brought it down over Plato's carapaced skull. His ominously glowing red eyes were burned out like the eyes of any living thing, and he died. Kyner saw Plato's shade emerge standing over the body, looking confused. Although it was hard to tell, Kyner thought the shade was in warform. Whatever had taken control of Plato had deserted him in death.

And then, Plato's shade passed into the beyond, vanishing. All that remained was a barely visible echo, and even that would fade away in a few days.

And yet, Plato had taken a new form. There was only one that could possibly fit:

Decayform destroys the souls of dreams.
A form of gods, to avoid it seems.
Seek not its touch, nor beckon its screams, deny it.
Watch where you walk, your toes to tread.
O'er hill or rocky riverbed
Hold dear to fears that fill your head, defy it.

This form wasn't supposed to be real. It was a form of the Parshendi gods. And yet Plato had worn it.

Okay caught up on the thread! :P

Well this is serendipitous...I was actually going to suggest HH as a counter lynch to make everyone happy because one of my pm contacts told me last night that he seemed suspicious...guess others thought so too heh

I had church last night and then didn't get back on until today so I'm glad it got started early. I'm already known as a late voter haha so best if I didn't start a new vote pick like 3 hours before cycles end. Oops. :rolleyes:

Ninja'd by cloud...sorry for ruining your tally :lol:

Edit:

Jon(6): Orlok, Aster, Sart, Flash, Elbereth, Sami

HH(10): Drake, Cloud, Striker, Yitzi, Crimsn, Joe, Megasif, Alv, Daniyah, BR

Orlok(2): Jon, Mint

There you go lol (also I moved striker's vote after looking through everything cuz he voted HH right after you)

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Added tally

Raaman fingered the wound in his side. He winced. It might be time to change the bandages, he thought. He leaned against the tent pole and sighed. He wasn't as young as he used to be. Last night had been hectic...

----

The sun slipped below the horizon, the sky turning orange, pink, violet, then black. Darkness had settled in like normal night. Then the shouts came, sounding from the Parshendi side. Immediately he ran to his post, see his fellow guards with him. It must have been those antagonizers! He growled. The audacity to ruin a meeting like this! Parshendi in orange carapace charged out of the night towards them, humming angry sounds. Raaman braced himself, then suddenly Highprince Dalinar was there. "Halt! We are investigating the cause of these attacks! Please, no further conflict," he said. The Parshendi slowed, then stopped, still clearly ready for a fight. Dalinar glanced around at the guards assembled. "You, go check on the Artifabrians and their progress. Tell me if they have any clue on who is behind these attacks." Raaman nodded and ran towards the tent.

It was dark, quite dark. Where were the light fabrials? He approached the tent. Suddenly there was a flurry of movement and he spun around, blade out. There was the clash of swords meeting as Raaman tried to dispatch his shrouded assailant. He lunged, and his opponent pierced his side. He moaned in pain. The sound of footsteps came nearer, and the enemy fled. Two guards appeared, and pulled Raaman to the medical tent. He fainted from loss of blood.

----

"Raaman!" He looked up. There was a circle of people around him, Alethi and Parshendi. He frowned. What is the commotion?

"Have you been behind the sabotaging of the peace accord?" Raaman chuckled. Of course not! Maybe he distrusted Parshendi, but he was loyal to Highprince Dalinar and his cause. "No. Who put that idea in your heads?" 

"We are the ones asking questions. Have you been contacting members of the delegation behind the scenes?"

"There was no rule against it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who did it."

"Well, Raaman, it seems your contacts have ratted you out. Proper of them to report suspicious activity. We would have expected better of you."

"I don't think you understand. I haven't been doing anything suspicious. I am doing better. This is a false claim!"

"Well, Guard Raaman, it's your word against theirs, and there are many of their words. Good day to you, Raaman. You will be accompanied to the brig."

He was clubbed on the back of the head, and blackness engulfed him.

Kyner watched with an expression of awe as they dragged away Plato.

The Parshendi gods... That was truly fascinating. Surely worthy of study.

On the other hand, the rhythms associated the forms of power with the Voidbringers, so maybe not worthy of study after all. Voidbringers were supposed to be one of Roshar's children's tales... But then, tales like that had a disturbing tendency to have some truth in them. Particularly the less pleasant ones.

Perhaps that justified the deep-spirit's reaction. It was hard to tell. The deep-spirit wasn't really properly good or evil... It was something less sophisticated than that.

In any case, this would probably be hard to explain to the Alethi why a Parshendi was dabbling in ancient forbidden Voidbringer magics. If it was any consolation, the Alethi looked to have some explaining to do as well, given just how eager some of their people were to draw blood.

There would be peace, however. The camp had its share of level-headed individuals, of both races. With enough people working at it, peace would be inevitable. There were many meetings to be had and compromises to be made.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Day 4: Retribution

The deaths of Locke and Aredor came as a complete surprise to the entire contingent. The two artifabrians had worked closely together, and had helped to identify Plato Anderson as a holder of unholy power. That, in turn, had threatened to upset the entire unstable balance of power in the camp, especially after an unknown Alethi had murdered Arbol as well.

So when the artifabrians indicated Kintas as a potential murderer, Eshonai decided that she had taken enough. Would the Alethi accuse and bring to trial her entire delegation, simply on grounds of being Parshendi? Stalking to her tent, she opened a chest. Inside were Shardplate and a Shardblade, the last of them possessed by her people. One of her most loyal followers would be given the honor of bearing them. If the Alethi were going to hide their murderous intentions behind the trappings of deliberation, she was going to give her people a chance to defend themselves.

As she returned to the camp, she found the camp in turmoil. The bodies of Locke and Aredor were lying in the center of the camp, riddled with decay. Eshonai shivered involuntarily. What could have done this? She hoped it was not more of her people adopting the forms of the gods. They couldn't be that desperate yet.

An Alethi body hung from a gibbet as well. Raaman, a guardsman in Dalinar's camp, had been charged with the murder of Arbol. The evidence gathered seemed to indicate an innocent man, however, and Eshonai was certain that more was going on beneath the surface.

--------------------------------------

Day 4 has begun! It will end in roughly 48 hours. Remember that there is no Night Cycle - all actions are performed during the Day Turn, along with votes and the lynch.

gra_1500512400.png

Raaman (Hemalurgic Headshot) was lynched! He was an Alethi Guardsman!

Locke (OrlokTsubodai) was killed! He was an Alethi Artifabrian!

Aredor (asterion137) was killed! He was an Alethi Artifabrian!

Unnamed Character 1 (BrightnessRadiant) was attacked but survived!

Max Mercury (The Flash) was attacked but survived!

Kyner (Drake Marshall) was attacked but survived!

Vote Count:

Hemalurgic Headshot (11): BrightnessRadiant, Megasif, A Joe in the Bush, Yitzi2, Jondesu, Drake Marshall, Daniyah, Frozen Mint, Cloudjumper, Alvron, Crimsn-Wolf

Jondesu (7): OrlokTsubodai, StrikerEZ, Sami, asterion137, The Flash, Sart, Elbereth,

Alethi Player List:

1. Straw @Straw
  2. Unnamed Character 1 @BrightnessRadiant
  3. Ethelinar @StrikerEZ
  4. Zephyras @Megasif
  5. Stick @_Stick_
  6. Samar @Sami
  7. TBD @A Joe in the Bush
  8. Max Mercury @The Flash
  9. Rif @Yitzi2
  10. Unnamed Character 4 @Sart
  11. Unnamed Character 5 @Crimsn-Wolf