I really don't see why Len is up for the lynch.  As has been pointed out, it will result in him losing a life and no new information being gained.  While on the flipside, Yitzi has been accused of being a SoH and while it's a very weak read/case, it's also better than many D1 lynches.  And the amount of information we get from lynching Yitzi this round will be higher than what we would get from Len losing a life.

3 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Which is something useful to us as Alethi, Elenion. The Ghostbloods will target us, inevitably, and we need to remove lives from Parshendi if we don't want to be eliminated without a chance. There are 8 Parshendi, and 15 Alethi - you already have more lives than we do. If we lost the lynch, it goes from 15-16 to 15-14, rather than 14-15 as it otherwise would. We're unlikely to hit a Ghostblood on the first round, and have a greater likelihood of hitting a Voidbringer than a Son of Honor lynching without information.

You didn't count the Alethi Guardsman and Shardplate wearers in your count.  You can easily add another 3 lives to your total making it 18-16 Alethi favor at least.  Given that you also have instant vote manipulations while the Parshendi have to wait at least one cycle before being able to change any votes, the Alethi have a sizable advantage this round and can easily lynch a Parshendi next round with a greater chance of killing them especially since it's 0% chance this round given the extra life all Parshendi currently have.

Edited by Alvron

24 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Question: What happens if the lynch is tied?

Also, fun situation time: Say A is protected by Highprince C (who's already used up their shardplate) and B protected by Highprince D (shardplate is also used up).  A and B attack each other.  Would this then result in D attacks A and C attacks B, so C and D attack each other, so they both die?

Tie lynch is no vote.

Your analysis is correct.

Day 2: Betrayal in the Camp

The atmosphere in the peace accords camp was tense even before the incident. That was to be expected, Eshonai reflected, given the two parties' mistrust of each other. After the bridges that had crossed the plateau were destroyed in the night, the mood turned downright murderous. The Alethi blamed her people - that was also to be expected. Her people blamed the Alethi, citing it as a devious ruse to justify murdering the delegation. For a few hours, it almost seemed as if the peace accords would break out into mass violence, and she began ordering her people to prepare to protect themselves.

But Dalinar - a remarkable man; she was glad she had picked him to negotiate with, as his honor had almost certainly saved the lives of her people - managed to control his followers, and she prevented any violent reprisals on her side. Only Plato Anderson among her people had been injured in the troubles, though he swore that some Alethi had tried to murder him after everything had cooled down.

In one respect, she mused, she was grateful that the bridges had been destroyed. She now knew that somebody in the camp was trying to sabotage the accords. And she would find who it was, and stop them.

--------------------------------------

Day 2 has begun! It will end in 48 hours. Remember that there is no Night Cycle - all actions are performed during the Day Turn, along with votes and the lynch.

blu_1500166800.png

Plato Anderson (Elenion) was lynched, but survived!

Plato Anderson (Elenion) was attacked, but survived!

Vote Count:

Yitzi2 (7): Straw, Elenion, Roadwalker, Drake Marshall, Daniyah, Cloudjumper, Alvron

Sart (1): Jondesu

Elenion (9): BrightnessRadiant, StrikerEZ, Megasif, asterion137, The Flash, Yitzi2, Hemalurgic Headshot, Elbereth, Frozen Mint

Drake Marshall (3): OrlokTsubodai, _Stick_, Sart

Alethi Player List:

1. Locke @OrlokTsubodai
  2. Straw @Straw
  3. Unnamed Character 1 @BrightnessRadiant
  4. Ethelinar @StrikerEZ
  5. Zephyras @Megasif
  6. Stick @_Stick_
  7. Samar @Sami
  8. TBD @A Joe in the Bush
  9. Aredor @asterion137
  10. Max Mercury @The Flash
  11. Rif @Yitzi2
  12. Unnamed Character 4 @Sart
  13. Raaman @Hemalurgic_Headshot
  14. Unnamed Character 5 @Crimsn-Wolf
  15. Kreshela @Elbereth

Parshendi Player List:

1. Kintas @Jondesu
  2. Plato Andersen @Elenion
  3. TBD @Roadwalker
  4. Kyner @Drake Marshall
  5. Anya @Daniyah
  6. Mint @Frozen Mint
  7. Corinoc @cloudjumper
  8. Petyr and Cranium @Alvron

Elenion.

Though @asterion137, it might have been better to stay quiet about your role, and ask if anyone had protected him.  As I mentioned last cycle, if no one protected him and yet he survived two attacks, that would pretty much prove that he was a Voidbringer (who switched to Stormform), and if someone claimed to have protected him, you could have then revealed that he was a Voidbringer, and we might have an extra Voidbringer candidate as well.

EDIT: @Seonid if A is attacked but protected by Warform B, would it say that A was attacked, that B was attacked, or that an attack on A was redirected to B?  And if a guardsman is injured, is that noted in the writeup?

EDIT2: Also, I was expecting the Ghostblood kill to target an Alethi, and find it extremely interesting that it didn't.

Edited by Yitzi2

Well, assuming aster is correct, then I'm willing to say that Elenion actually is Voidbringer. 

If Elenion ends up not being Voidbringer, then aster will have some explaining to do. I don't think it's likely that a Son or Ghostblood would be that forthright with their (or a teammate's) role while trying to frame a normal Parshendi, so I'm inclined to believe aster's claim. Though it may not have been the smartest move.

EDIT: ninja'd by BR lol

Edited by StrikerEZ

Isn't this fascinating.

So it looks like somebody tried to double tap Elenion. Probably a Son of Honor. I don't approve of an attempted double tap on a parahendi lynch target.

And... Asterion claims artifabrian and that Elenion is a Voidbringer. Well that changes a lot of things.

Well, I'm true to my word, even if I am starting to wonder if any of you are. Elenion, you stand accused of Voidbringing.

19 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

EDIT: @Seonid if A is attacked but protected by Warform B, would it say that A was attacked, that B was attacked, or that an attack on A was redirected to B?  And if a guardsman is injured, is that noted in the writeup?

Only the players attacked will be revealed. If a warform redirects the attack,  it will be noted as an attack on the original. Injured guardsmen are not revealed.

11 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I don't approve of an attempted double tap on a parahendi lynch target.

Why not?  It did a pretty good job of outing a Voidbringer, didn't it?  Otherwise, we'd need to lynch him again to confirm anyway, and that would give him one extra turn in Stormform.  Do you want him killing more Alethi?  Whether Ghostblood or Son of Honor, whoever did that double tap did the village a service (though whether they're regretting that now is another question).

Also, since you are of the opinion that the Ghostbloods didn't try to kill anybody, do you have any theories as to why not?

Edited by Yitzi2

2 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

Why not?  It did a pretty good job of outing a Voidbringer, didn't it?  Otherwise, we'd need to lynch him again to confirm anyway, and that would give him one extra turn in Stormform.  Do you want him killing more Alethi?

If you read the rules about Voidbringers... They only get access to their stormform life while actually in stormform. Elenion survived because somebody protected him.

And even if it worked the way you said it did, that proposed test would just kill him if he wasn't a Voidbringer. Which tells me you don't really care that much about peace with the unaligned parahendi.

But there's something else that occurs to me:

And I'm going to hold off on voting to kill off Elenion just this yet.

Because... Asterion, why did you supposedly scan Elenion when I had already publically claimed I would be scanning him? If you really were a scanner, that doesn't make any sense. You'd be wasting a scan, be it your scan or mine.

I think you pretty much have to be lying about this.

Edited by Drake Marshall

3 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

If you read the rules about Voidbringers... They only get access to their stormform life while actually in stormform. Elenion survived because somebody protected him.

And even if it worked the way you said it did, that proposed test would just kill him if he wasn't a Voidbringer. Which tells me you don't really care that much about peace with the unaligned parahendi.

But there's something else that occurs to me:

And I'm going to hold off on voting to kill off Elenion just this yet.

Because... Asterion, why did you supposedly scan Elenion when I had already publically claimed I would be scanning him? If you really were a scanner, that doesn't make any sense. You'd be wasting a scan, be it your scan or mine.

I think you pretty much have to be lying about this.

If you scanned him you would know he's a voidbringer so why lynch me

I didn't see you say that oops.

Just now, Roadwalker said:

Ok then, but whyyyy if he was goin to be killed anyway???

Because parshendi have extra lives especially voidbringers

Well, I finished reading D1 as the cycle ended, so that sucks. Hopefully, I can manage to be more active here on out. I will be placing a vote on Elenion, as well. If he is a Voidbringer as claimed, then that gets the Alethi one step closer to winning--preferably by getting rid of all the secret factions. I'm all about bringing peace between the public factions, lol.

--

Altea Meza looked around those she was travelling with. 'What in the world is this place?' She shook her head, looking around again. She made her way to one of the other members in her faction, hoping to listen in on conversations being had in an attempt to get a better grasp of the world she had fallen into. [@BrightnessRadiant or @A Joe in the Bush, either of you wanna help a poor lost soul? :p]

14 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Drake Marshall, I suspect he also scanned Elenion in order to verify your scan, and so allow us to not merely take your word for it.

Also as in, in addition to not having seen my claim? :D

Plus if he didn't trust me, he wouldn't have revealed his findings. He's wait a cycle and see if I lied about it, to try and catch two Voidbringers in one go.

Just been reading and trying to make sense of what has happened so far.

So I guess I'm going to go with Elenion for now. Taking out the voidbringers takes priority, however, I'm going to have reasses after this cycle. It feels really rushed somehow.

@Drake Marshall Did you manage to scan as well or will it be during this cycle?

Edit: Ninja'd by Drake.

Edited by Megasif

1 hour ago, Megasif said:

Just been reading and trying to make sense of what has happened so far.

So I guess I'm going to go with Elenion for now. Taking out the voidbringers takes priority, however, I'm going to have reasses after this cycle. It feels really rushed somehow.

@Drake Marshall Did you manage to scan as well or will it be during this cycle?

Edit: Ninja'd by Drake.

I couldn't have scanned last cycle because all Parshendi start out in warform.

I will be able to scan this cycle however.

(Keeping my post short as it has not been the best of nights for me. I will return when I'm feeling more amiable, probably tomorrow. I'm going to go eat something to take my mind off of this.)

I already called foul on last lynch, with Orlok purposely misrepresenting the strength of his faction in terms of kills by omitting the Shardblade (and also extra lives, but I didn't catch that at the time). The lynch then happens on me anyway, and a rogue Shardbearer then rubs salt in the wound, then Asterion lies about my alignment. I'm surprised so many people have fallen for it: do you really think that Asterion would have scanned the guy slated to be lynched and also scanned by Drake? It doesn't make logical sense. What probably happened is Aster is a Son of Honor trying to clean up the mess when Operation Murder Len failed due to a certain Parshendi protecting me after I verifiably asked for protection in our doc. Aster.