13 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well this changes everything. New plan. We should probably kill off all the secret factions.

My my... What an interesting post.

You want me to enter scholarform. Well and good. In fact, I'll tell you with zero strings attached that I had already put in an order to enter into scholarform yesterday, and discussed this with the other parshendi.

And you want accountability? Fine. I've just told you, I'm already going to be a scholarform. That can be public knowledge now.

But what in the name of Ruin makes you think that lynching me is a good plan for leverage? I'd much rather still have the opportunity to protect myself later, thank you very much.

I also don't really like a strategy that stresses lynching actives above all else.

So, tell you what. New plan. I'll still be a scholarform and all that. And I will report information to everyone.

But we are going to lynch people who are actually part of secret factions. I am fully willing to help lynch Voidbringers if the Alethi are willing to help lynch Sons of Honor.

And with that, I think Yitzi could very likely be a Son of Honor.

EDIT: And if you don't believe that I planned to enter scholarform all along... Well I suppose you could ask the other Parshendi, because one of them already agreed to protect me while I was in scholarform yesterday.

Or you could wait until I reveal a secret role I suppose. That should be proof, no?

What defines a secret role, exactly? Is things like Highprinces and Shardbearers included in that? Or is it just sons of honor and ghostbloods

Alethi that are part of a secret faction count as Alethi that must be killed for the Voidbringers to win,  but do not for the unaligned Alethi win condition

@Seonid if all Parshendi are killed and there are still a few Alethi alive, do they both win?

(I have a really strong feeling that this has been answered somewhere but I cannot find where.)

Edited by Roadwalker

@Sart

If you lose your extra life from Warform and switch after, nothing happens.

@Roadwalker

If all of the Parshendi die, then the Sons of Honor win. If there are any unaligned Alethi alive, they also win. If all of the Sons of Honor are dead and then all the Parshendi are killed, and then the game ends because the Alethi killed all remaining secret faction members, then the unaligned Alethi win on their own, with all other factions losing.

@cloudjumper

Warform's protection can redirect any kill except the Decayform kill, which cannot be blocked except by something that gives extra lives (such as Shardplate or the extra life from Warform or Stormform). To be more clear - if a Parshendi in Warform is attacked by a Decayform kill, they survive if this is the first attack for them to survive. If a Parshendi is being protected by another Parshendi in Warfrom, and is attacked by a Decayform kill, the kill goes straight through to the original target and is not redirected.

I concur that Yitzi is a good lynch option right now. We could wait for the Ghostbloods to kill him, as it is in their interests to remove all members of other secret factions, but it'll probably be more reliable to just lynch him ourselves.

Max Mercury sat and sipped at his deep blue wine. He was talking with a scribe of Dalinars.

In Max's opinion, Dalinar was the most powerful man in Alethkar. Others saw him as weak or cowardly, but Max saw courage and wisdom. Being in his camp would bring him closer to the king. He knew Dalinar had his preferences, but Max aimed to become powerful. Such a position would put him directly in the happenings- on, unlike under his current highprince.

Problem was, he couldn't very easily change Highprinces. He had to curry favor from Dalinar, and then move his land to under the control of Dalinar. 

And right now, the best way to curry favor would be to agree with Dalianrs plan for peace. Anyone sabotaging the peace efforts would be sabotaging his machinations, and so he vehemently opposed all who suggested that peace was not the answer. 

Now of course it wasn't the actual answer. But he wanted into Dalinars warcamp... And so he was forced to agree with him. 

And that was what he was expounding to this scribe. She would eventually tell Dalinar, he would get to speak to him. And perhaps something could be arranged. 

Edited by The Flash

8 minutes ago, Straw said:

Because he's probably a SoH.

And if I am?  You're still better off trying to take out Voidbringers, as they're the ones who actually want to take out the Alethi and thereby make you (and hypothetical Son!me, for that matter) lose.  I will vote Drake.

In my search for someone who's likely to be a Voidbringer (and thus a better lynch target than myself, due both to being more likely to kill Alethi and having to be killed for an Alethi win), I noticed firstly that Drake volunteered to enter scholarform (so he might not be the best lynch target), and secondly that Elenion took it as assumed that this would be Parshendi vs. Alethi.  This was after Drake (his supposed teammate) argued with me about making it into Parshendi vs. Alethi, so why would he take it as an assumption?  Perhaps because his only way to win is to kill all the Alethi?

Edited by Yitzi2

16 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

In my search for someone who's likely to be a Voidbringer (and thus a better lynch target than myself, due both to being more likely to kill Alethi and having to be killed for an Alethi win), I noticed firstly that Drake volunteered to enter scholarform (so he might not be the best lynch target), and secondly that Elenion took it as assumed that this would be Parshendi vs. Alethi.  This was after Drake (his supposed teammate) argued with me about making it into Parshendi vs. Alethi, so why would he take it as an assumption?  Perhaps because his only way to win is to kill all the Alethi?

I would pass Elenion's confusion on rule interpretation, and now that Seonid has clarified considerably what the victory conditions are, there is not a need to go back and beat Len for his mistake. At this point it is not necessary.

8 hours ago, Elenion said:

What makes me concerned about the lynch is that you Alethi outnumber us in addition to having vote manipulation. This means that the Alethi can just direct the lynch onto whatever Parshendi they choose, and that's a barrel of a gun that I don't like staring down, so of course I'm going to seek a lynch compromise, no secret factions about it.

This feels like trying to disarm the alethi of their main weapon (numbers) while letting the parshendi keep theirs (voidbringer coordinated burst kill and durability). Plus drake hasn't actually done anything suspicious so  Drake Elenion

4 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

I would pass Elenion's confusion on rule interpretation, and now that Seonid has clarified considerably what the victory conditions are, there is not a need to go back and beat Len for his mistake. At this point it is not necessary.

I think you're confusing Elenion with Drake.  Drake's misunderstanding of rule interpretation was due to misreading the Alethi/Parshendi victory conditions.  Elenion, on the other hand, was ignoring the possibility of Parshendi and Alethi working together, which doesn't really arise from any plausible rules misreading (at least, that I can think of), but could indicate someone who's already thinking of the Alethi as "cannot work with them" due to his own alignment.

EDIT: @Seonid, what happens if there's a tied vote?

3 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

This feels like trying to disarm the alethi of their main weapon (numbers) while letting the parshendi keep theirs (voidbringer coordinated burst kill and durability). Plus drake hasn't actually done anything suspicious so  Drake Elenion

Except this game doesn't seem to be shaping up as Alethi vs. Parshendi, but rather vanilla vs. secret factions (unfortunately; I honestly think that it is in the vanilla Alethi's best interest to focus on taking out Voidbringers first and vanilla Parshendi second), so at this point it's more like "trying to disarm the vanillas of their main weapon (numbers) while letting a secret faction keep theirs".  Which doesn't look all that much better.

Edited by Yitzi2

Wow, I finally get a chance to sit down and read, and we're at 4 pages already.  Nicely done.

I'm not going to try to weigh in on everything, especially since so much has been affected by rule clarifications or just new information, but I'll say that Sart's plan sounds incredibly unhelpful to most of us, and thus was probably not meant with malicious intent since then he'd just become a target. :P That said, since I am a Parshendi, I don't want to let him encourage such a dangerous tactic, and since this is a faction game, there isn't a clear "us vs them" division anyways, or a specific group that we all need to root out (as others have said, the Ghostbloods are basically the mafia, but most(?) players will be part of one secret faction or another, so there are many factors pulling at all of us), so I'm going to vote for Sart in order to both eliminate the possibility that he's just playing on the fact that we've talked about people with bad plans D1 usually not being mafia in past games :rolleyes: or actually being one of the Sons of Honor who wants all of the Parshendi dead, which would be, you know, bad for me.

Quick RP, though I don't promise to keep up RP the whole game (I just love this little trick of Kintas'):

Kintas awoke flailing in a sea of glass beads.  Souls of objects and people whirled around him, pushing him down and threatening to drown him.  Stilling his mind, he reached out and grabbed a bead, and fed a Breath into it.  It greedily absorbed the Investiture he offered, pulling the other beads into the shape of the shield he'd grabbed unknowingly.  That wasn't the most graceful of boats, but the stickiness of the Breath offered him some lasting power that he wouldn't have had to offer with Stormlight, so he had time to get his bearings.

And then everything shifted again, changing not in the way the beads moved through Shadesmar, but instead shifting with a great lurch and whirl that felt like it went deep into Kintas' very soul.  He gasped and fell to one knee, but as he did, he found himself being pulled inexorably to the north, not far from where he had fallen, from a cut rope.

The shield he stood on began sliding under him in the direction he was meant to go, and he felt the call in his soul as well, and so he was not surprised when he arrived to find that his old master seemed to have arranged something for him.  Hoid wasn't there himself, but a kind of note in the form of a Parshendi spear dragged fully into Shadesmar, with a symbol Kintas knew well etched into it, was sufficient to tell him what was expected of him.

Kintas breathed deeply and focused on the Parshendi he had seen and battled up close.  He knew well the strong arms covered in carapace, though he forced himself to think of the older Parshendi Warform, rather than the Stormform they had taken on.  He knew the eyes, the mottled skin, the hair strands, the bowed legs.

And he was them.  He was Parshendi.

Slowly, his form changed to match.  His body adapted and took on the appearance of a Parshendi, as he once again utilized what Hoid had once described to him as a "special set of mental gymnastics", whatever that meant.  When the transformation was complete, he looked down at his new hands, his new chest, and nodded in approval.

Then he grasped the spear and let the perpendicularity that Hoid had somehow attached to it drag him through into the Physical Realm once more.

He glanced around to take his bearings.  He stood amongst a group of Parshendi, waiting on a plateau for the assembled Alethi party to meet with someone.  Turning, he saw one of the Parshendi up on a rock, looking down at them all with…contempt? While he looked like the Parshendi, he could not hear their Rhythms thumping through his mind, and so he did not know exactly what they were communicating.  This one on the rock seemed familiar, though he had never seen a Parshendi in Nimbleform before.  His (her?) face was familiar, and yet he couldn't quite place it.

He turned back to the Alethi and nearly gasped aloud. Was that Dalinar? He did not appear to be the Radiant that Kintas had met previously.  The man who had reformed the Knights Radiant looked much more like the Brightlord and almost-King that Kintas had expected from some of the stories he'd heard before he met the man in the…other version of this world.  It was not an improvement.

Kintas began to realize that whatever had happened, he had been dragged to a very different version of Roshar than where he had been, and he had a long journey ahead of him.

(In case anyone's wondering what the heck I'm talking about, this is all referring back to the same character's part in LG30.)

7 hours ago, Seonid said:

Rules clarification, because apparently I really needed to do a better job communicating intent:

The only way the unaligned Alethi can win is if an unaligned Alethi is alive at game end.

The only way the unaligned Parshendi can win is if an unaligned Parshendi is alive at game end.

Parshendi that are part of a secret faction count as Parshendi that must be killed for the sons of honor to win,  but do not count for the unaligned Parshendi win condition.

Alethi that are part of a secret faction count as Alethi that must be killed for the Voidbringers to win,  but do not for the unaligned Alethi win condition

That's how I interpreted the rules originally. Ngl, I'm kind of proud that I was the only one who knew what was going on, it's usually the opposite way around.

Alright, I'm not gonna lie, I totally forgot that this game was today.

The number of Parshendi players is a lot lower than the number of Alethi which makes sense. I thought it was strange that the Sons of Honor didn't have any additional abilities, unlike the other hidden factions, but now I see the balance.

I don't think Yitzi is a Son of Honor, because he proposed that a SoH/Voidbringer alliance would be useful to those factions and I don't see a SoH seeing things that way. But Yitzi is pushing an Alethi/SoH alliance against the Parshendi, so as a Parshendi it's in my interest to vote for them. I also don't see how it would really help the unaligned Alethi more than an unaligned-Alethi/unaligned-Parshendi alliance either. Voidbringers have more abilities available to them. See my point about numbers above. The Parshendi have a faction doc, so if this turns into a Alethi/SoH vs Parshendi/Voidbringers game, the Alethi/SoH aren't necessarily stronger just because they outnumber us.

Also this setting seems really cool and I should read the Stormlight Archive.