Game Quicklinks
  • Signups
  • Day 1 - Fel/Mek Lynched.
  • Night 1 - Orlok Killed, Zas converted.
  • Day 2 - Spencer Lynched.
  • Night 2 - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly Cultist target.
  • Day 3 - Mailliw73 Lynched.
  • Night 3 - Bort was poisoned, someone else saved from Cultists.
  • Day 4 - Winter discovered to be a Cultist and Lynched. Wyrmhero and Emerald join the game.
  • Night 4 - Phattemer killed, Meta probably poisoned.
  • Day 5 - Honey Badger, a Citizen Pirate, was lynched. His hostage, Zas (a Cultist), died with him.
  • Night 5 - Jindo Warrior prevents the Cultist killing, Alvron taken by Shaod, Bort returns from Elantris.
  • Day 6 - Bort, the Cultist Prince, was lynched.
  • Night 6 - Cultists get thwarted again
  • Day 7 - Surgebound, Citizen King, lynched. The Brightness Ascendant becomes more powerful than you could possibly imagine. Burnt Spag joins the game.
  • Night 7 - Jindo protects Twelfth from Cultist attack
  • Day 8 - Lightsworn, the Gyorn, is lynched.
  • Night 8 - No one killed, Elantris is restored.
  • Day 9 - Currently Active.

Welcome (back) Elantrians! Now Renegade can do his own reviews. Also, this is good, seeing as we just got back 3 confirmed good players (iirc?).

Also, Wilson needs a new title. Not only is she the Queen-King, but also now an Elantrian. Votes that 'Brightness Ascendant' be her official title/role in this game. Awkward moment when she turns out to be the Odiv...

EDIT: Alternatively 'Almighty Empress' would do just fine.

Edited by Haelbarde

Well hello everyone!  It's good to finally be able to communicate with you all.  Not to throw any of my fellow Elantrians under the bus, but isn't it slightly suspicious that Wilson & Clanky were sent to Elantris this round?  It seems like a great place to fly under the radar for a while.  At least it would be if Elantris hadn't been restored.  Also, I just really really wanted to post in the main thread.

Well hello everyone! It's good to finally be able to communicate with you all. Not to throw any of my fellow Elantrians under the bus, but isn't it slightly suspicious that Wilson & Clanky were sent to Elantris this round? It seems like a great place to fly under the radar for a while. At least it would be if Elantris hadn't been restored. Also, I just really really wanted to post in the main thread.

Except for the fact that both of us weren't poisoned, and the Shaod strikes randomly....

Once again, I am not the Odiv. I'd suggest lynching me to find out, but I'd really prefer not to die and I don't think even Meta is willing to take that risk with me. And if any of you Elantrians decide to use your sweet fireballs on me, you'll regret it when I die and you realize I'm telling the truth.

Except for the fact that both of us weren't poisoned, and the Shaod strikes randomly....

Once again, I am not the Odiv. I'd suggest lynching me to find out, but I'd really prefer not to die and I don't think even Meta is willing to take that risk with me. And if any of you Elantrians decide to use your sweet fireballs on me, you'll regret it when I die and you realize I'm telling the truth.

I'm less worried about you right now, I'm worried about Clanky. I'm worried about a Cultist suspect gaining access to 'sweet fireballs', thank you very much. And it'd also seem to me to be a great way to balance the fact that a whole bunch of villagers can suddenly. You, I can't decide. I never can, when it comes to you.

Shu-Dereth Report: no new convert from last night. Either no Odiv or Odiv is lying low. Absence of evidence not evidence of absence and all that, even if things're actually more complicated than that nifty slogan would suggest. (See: IBE. Okay nevermind. Tired Kas rambles a lot.)

Neo: My issue with that, quite apart from the fact that poison now works differently, is honestly, if they had poison, they'd surely use it before now. An active scanning Meta is a big threat and poison is more useful confining Meta to Elantris (and before this cycle, they sure had no idea that sending someone to Elantris wouldn't confine them any longer.) To be fair, they did try to kill Meta, hitting his Korathi pendant (presumably.) So we have an updated victimology:

Night 1 - Orlok

Night 2 - Phat

Night 3 - Wilson

Night 4 - Phat

Night 5 - Seonid

Night 6 - Seonid

Night 7 - Twei

Night 8 - Meta

Seems to me that Night 4 onwards, they went purely on to threat (role) kills.

Last, glad to see Elantris is restored, because this means Kii can put me full time in contact with my bro Wyrm :P Looks like I'm retrenched!

Mene stumbled into the court (no longer would he be subjected to that insulting capitalize 'E.' He has shown his worth to the faith). He wore the robes of a Shu-Korath Patriarch, granted to him for his selfless duty to the church. Even then, those could not cover the wounds from jumping out of a stained glass window.

He entered to find that Domi had answered his prayers and that those trapped in Elantris had been restored and he smiled. During his time with them, he had found them far more than worthy of Domi's grace.

The Queen though, new to their ranks, seemed very glib with her tongue....

Like all royalty, she seemed incapable of holding secrets. She needed to be reminded of her faith and so he approached the throne, broken and bleeding, but with all of the authority of the church that he could muster. He was an incarnation of the faith; selfless yet unbending in the face of "physical" authority.

"I would risk it without question, your grace; if I thought it would do any good," he intoned as his voice carried throughout the room. "I, as a humble representative of the faith, am here to provide you counsel in this time of need. In doing so, I would suggest that you should be more careful about revealing what secrets you have learned through Domi's mercy.

'You have reason to fear, it is true; as all rulers do. But, to reveal your strengths, you also reveal your weaknesses. A wise ruler would know to be more circumvent. Thus is the will of our holy Domi and thus what I counsel to you."

He turned to address the room as if mortal concepts, such as politics was beyond him. 

"But you, here, are the people of the church. You are the rock that we stand upon. It is you who decides the fate of our world.

'Not the clergy or the royalty or anyone else.

'I were to have faith in anything other than the indomitable Domi, it would be in you!

'It is with this faith in mind that I reveal to you what Domi spoke to me last night. You see, I am a man of the people and I followed your guidance and asked Merciful Domi about Liala." 

Mene paused for a moment before continuing.

".....I was presented with a terrible vision... 

'I asked Domi to show me into the heart of Liala and it sent me into a chaotic spiral. I was sent into the center of a whirlwind, every side constantly pummeling me! I was thrown about, looking for Domi's light, but none was to be found. 

'This was not the heart of a believer. This was a heart conflicted. On one side, I saw the mystic and cruel mysteries of the Jeskeri Cult! On the other, I saw the apathy and murderous attention of the Pan-Dereth." 

Mene bowed his head, as if in mourning. 

"My friends, my people. Liala is conflicted in a way that is far beyond mortal understanding. She is both an Odiv for Pan-Dereth and also a Cultist of the Jeskeri Mysteries

'....May Domi have mercy on her soul."

EDIT: Our GMs deserve to know how much we appreciate all they've done for us. If they didn't keep things running smoothly, we wouldn't be here in the first place! As such, and Alv, that is hilarious and I upvoted it, but I think we should give our GMs credit where credit is due. At the very least, we should let them know that we appreciate all the hard work they've put in to running one of these games! :)

*Besides, this was a really great write up!

Edited by Metacognition

Luckat is Odiv and a cultist? Wow, that's definitely a useful find! I expected her to be one, but not necessarily both.

Now to find the remainder of the cultists.

The unconfirmed are:

• Seonid: claimed Jindo- inclined to believe
  • Wyrm:  Super useful Dula- definitely believe he's a citizen
  • Dowanx: Unsure- received a lot of pressure from Bort
  • Haelbarde: Has been active and useful- inclined to believe
  • Araris- Has been active. I don't feel like I've had any reason to really distrust him. Haven't yet done thorough research
  • Clanky- Hasn't been the most talkative. I'm very unsure. I don't know if that's just his playstyle or him trying to stay out of the radar. Inclined to not trust.
  • Claincy- activity has lessened slightly, although he has said this was due to health and school. Don't necessarily trust, but mainly just unsure.
  • Emerald- Has been reasonably active. I think i'm leaning towards trusting him, but still a little unsure (mainly due to not yet doing thorough research on you)
  • Silverblade- hasn't been particularly active or useful. Not sure what I think about them alignment wise
  • A smart guy- Not particularly active- hasn't been the most useful
  • Burnt Spaghetti

Edit:  fixed Wyrms description

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

I'm going to keep my vote where it is for the time being. No point in stifling discussion, and Elantris, it'd be good to know how you plan for us to proceed from here on out. Since we've found the Odiv (ha! So my being hell-bent on going after Luckat had some purpose after all! :P), it's safe to say that it ought to be an all-out search for the remaining 1-2 Cultists now.

When Meta made it known that Luckat was a Cultist, I went back to look at posts about potential Odivs. Now granted, to some extent, worries about the Odiv would be on everyone's mind, as much as we talk about having to focus on the Cultists and letting the Odiv problem take care of itself. I noticed that Clanky wasn't too big on discussing the Cultists--in fact, really, he just swept the Jain issue off the table and began to focus on the Odiv. And that was pretty much the bulk of the little he said.

Something about that nags at me. It especially nags at me since his Odiv suspects are myself, Twei and Wilson (in that order) and apparently, everyone else doesn't even merit being separated. His reasoning somewhat makes sense (in that we might be more likely to call for a suspected Cultist on the Odiv list to be scanned). At the same time, I'm a little interested in how readily he dismissed Luckat or other discussions of Luckat as an Odiv (namely, Twei's.) It could be nothing. After all, it's consistent with the reasoning he employed. Yet at the same time, it's also a useful way of trying to keep your fellow Cultist out of the Odiv firing line and therefore the public gaze/spotlight. But next to his readiness to jump on the Maili train but not the Winter train? Huh. Maybe worth some questions.

So, I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now. Don't worry; I'll join the Luckat lynch in time :) It's only the first day of the cycle after all, guys! Sure, Elantris has joined the fight at last, but we've gotten this far. Let's see this through to the end together.

P.S.

On Elantris: "The Eagles are coming!"

On Meta: so, I know the write-up shows Meta as doing this, but honestly? In my head, I always see Mene doing this badchull three-point landing and then just sauntering off like a boss :P

• Wyrm:  Super useful priest- definitely believe he's a citizen

Point of order, I'm a super useful Dula, not a super useful Priest. You may have crossed a few wires there somehow.

I definitely agree with Kas that Clanky is looking odd - Well, we did discuss this all last night. Definitely want to lynch luckat today, but we shouldn't get bogged down by it.

Clanky suggested not looking at Jain's list of Cultists, which is fine on its own - Meta and I both agreed it was probably misdirection, so he's not alone in that thought. However, he is also one of the people on that list, which makes it seem very odd to me. It's also probable that The Panda and The Cultists (good name for a band?) were in contact, since one of them was on both sides, and so Jain's list is starting to look a little to me like a double bluff.

Editing, since no-one's posted that's still alive in the game... Could the Debtors in this game come forward? There's no point in you remaining hidden at this point.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I'm less worried about you right now, I'm worried about Clanky. I'm worried about a Cultist suspect gaining access to 'sweet fireballs', thank you very much. 

No one needs to worry about 'sweet fireballs', as all citizens will now be under the protection of Aon NeoRenAlv.  You're welcome.

The Queen though, new to their ranks, seemed very glib with her tongue....

Like all royalty, she seemed incapable of holding secrets.

"In doing so, I would suggest that you should be more careful about revealing what secrets you have learned through Domi's mercy.

I'd RP my response to this, but some of the things I want to say will be awkward trying to RP.

Meta, you and I play this game very differently. When you're in a position of authority, you believe in holding secrets back from the village and centering all information. I believe in full disclosure, except on the most critical pieces of information. I believe in discussion. You believe in lynching and killing to find information. I cannot even describe how opposed I am to that idea. Role information is entirely pointless without discussion to back it up and give it relevance.

You're upset that I revealed that the Elantrians have a kill ability to the entire thread. I can understand that. However, Neo made his comment here in the thread, implying that I'm the Odiv who was trying to hide out in Elantris. As I just discovered their kill ability, when I read that, I feared for my life. So you can bet that I'm going to defend myself here in the thread. Just like I have every time I've been accused of being the Odiv. You didn't even give me a chance to defend myself to you before you went and accused me here in the thread about something that, once again, I wasn't. Did you expect me to just sit back and take it? Did you expect me to not fight back? However, even with fighting back, I still consider every word I say. Never make the mistake of thinking that I haven't thought through my words before I post.

did consider not revealing the fireballs. Had I been the only one taken by the Shaod last night, I probably wouldn't have said anything about them. But the fact is that Clanky was taken as well, and he's a pretty big Cultist candidate. If he is a Cultist, the Cultists already know about all the Elantrian abilities, so withholding them here only keeps information from the village. You may not care about that because you know all the abilities so you hold all the information. But once again, this is a playstyle difference. You believe in keeping information to yourself and a very small group of people that you control. I do not. Full disclosure. That's how I play. Plain and simple.

And if you want to debate about how Clanky might not be a Cultist, then I'll debate with you about how you cut off all communication to me for the last 4 cycles just because I might be the Odiv. I don't particularly like being cut off from every aspect of the game besides the thread. I work best when I know what's going on. I got blindsided by your near-certain (and wrong) accusation and that accusation ended up siccing both Hael and Neo on me. I'm not a fan of that. So don't berate me for not playing the game how you play it and defending myself against false accusations. I've been honest this entire time. I've been open this entire time. And what has it gotten me? A whole lot of silence. A whole lot of Odiv-accusals. I'm not on your team but I've been helping you this whole game. Or at least trying to, if you hadn't neutered my ability to help.

I'd vote for you right now just to show my displeasure with your leadership, but that would be pointless. So I'll place my three votes where they'll do a bit of good by putting more pressure on Clanky.

No one needs to worry about 'sweet fireballs', as all citizens will now be under the protection of Aon NeoRenAlv.  You're welcome.

No offense, mate, but my bro Wyrm can tell you what David Hume always says in response to that sort of thing. ;)

More pragmatically, until and unless we know how Elantris is going to work with us and how we can help each other, we're just going to be handling things on two separate fronts. Which, to put it bluntly, is fairly wrong-headed. As I see it, there's no need to reveal all of our cards, but keeping secrecy for the sake of secrecy is pretty pointless.

This is what I'd like to know, if we can know it:

How are we running this? Can y'all offer new Seeking capacities? Should we be working to churn up a list of people who ought to be likely Seeked tonight? What about any kill abilities? (And I ask this because removing inactives by the lynch is cumbersome, and we've cut them nine cycles of slack. By this point, if we have to go in among the inactives and to remove them, we have to do it.)

Your thoughts and suspicions are, as always, welcome. But I want to know where we're all going to go from here as Team Arelon. If Luckat is a regular, then we almost certainly have 1-2 more Cultists to find.

And I'd echo Wyrm's call for the Debtors to step forward. It's not particularly dangerous intel, and at this point, I'm confident the Cultists have many other targets. Many, many other targets. Knowing the role distributions can still help us find dark areas where we should be concentrating questions in.

You should bold and underline your votes Wilson. It'd help convey the magnitude of how scary it is to be voted on by you. (Also, that comment about the ' awkward moment when you turn out to be Odiv' was meant an amusing after thought, rather than an expression of suspicion. Edrab sincerely hopes he did not bring displeasure to the Brightness Ascendant.)

Edit: A thought. Could we just fireball Luckat, and then use the Lynch to generate discussion?

Edited by Haelbarde

Edit: A thought. Could we just fireball Luckat, and then use the Lynch to generate discussion?

That's actually a very good point. Certainly I want to see Clanky respond to the votes, and I believe he's actually the one up for the chop currently anyway. An Elantrian Cultist is way more dangerous than an Odiv Cultist, after all.

Also, general public service notice to all ye friendly pirates out there. Remember to be up-to-date with regards to your hostages. Good targets are luckat (if we don't lynch her) and any of the others currently under suspicion.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Well, I support a lynch of Clanky. Seonid, I'm not sure if you have expressed suspicion for voting for Clanky before, but could you post why you are voting for him, in your own words? Because it is fairly early in the cycle to lock down on somebody like we are, even though only 5 people have voted, Clanky has 7 votes on him.

I'd RP my response to this, but some of the things I want to say will be awkward trying to RP.

This sounds as if you started to take this personally, so I'd like to move it to a PM. You're wrong about quite a lot in there, but I don't think going into it in thread will be very productive or game-related. 

Edited by Metacognition

Luckat

Firstly in response to why I suddenly had something to say about the Odiv is because I actually had ideas about it which proved to be wrong anyways. I haven't had that much suspicions about cultists and all the ones I have had have been proven wrong. As for me saying we should ignore Jains list I meant that as in ignore it completely because there is probably no reasoning in it. 

In response to Wyrms call for Debtors to come forward I will say I am a Debtor. Also since it isn't really as important now I have a vial of poison that I haven't used yet.

EDIT: Colour

Edited by Clanky

Luckat

Firstly in response to why I suddenly had something to say about the Odiv is because I actually had ideas about it which proved to be wrong anyways. I haven't had that much suspicions about cultists and all the ones I have had have been proven wrong. As for me saying we should ignore Jains list I meant that as in ignore it completely because there is probably no reasoning in it. 

In response to Wyrms call for Debtors to come forward I will say I am a Debtor. Also since it isn't really as important now I have a vial of poison that I haven't used yet.

To be honest, this seems like a half-chulled kinda response, Clanky. You don't have anything else to say to your defense?

To answer your question, Araris, my original vote was a quick, gut reaction vote to the fear that the Cultists may now have an Elantrian.

I'm willing to remove it now, Clanky, with the revelation that you're holding a vial of poison. When Meta could have been sent to Elantris, saving Luckat? Not seemingly a Cultist thing to do.

I also realized that Clanky is the only unconfirmed Elantrian. If he does anything suspicious tonight, we'll know.

EDIT: Storming autocorrect!

Edited by Seonid

Ok in response to Kas saying it was suspicious that my list of potential Odivs only contained cleared people. My whole reasoning was that i thought that if I were the Gyorn I would pick someone cleared which is probably why my list of suspicions for cultists only contained them. Why didn't I go through everyone with that list? As I previously stated my suspicions around cleared people so I didn't want to spend the time on people I didn't really suspect. 

The other reasonings people used were the votes on maill and not voting for winter. Two things I have already answered several times.