Dear people who decided to not protect Wilson, thank you. I've officially won my first bet :P My luck is definitely turning around!

Also: called it on Kipper :P #Dulabros4life

Edit: I should probably clarify that I lied about my dice. I didn't roll dice, though I should've. I just figured there were several kinds of possible pairings: A. Village-Village, B. Village-Eliminator, C. Eliminator-Eliminator, D. Eliminator-Gyorn.

C. was the most optimal, but the least likely. Getting it would've been a shot in the dark. D. was by no means much easier; B. would be directly counter-productive. My decision was therefore to aim for A., the likeliest option. Now, while the odds were in my favour, I don't like rolling dice, so I reasoned that if I anchored one end of the Lovers, it would immediately rule out possibilities C. and D.

My next move was therefore to pick someone who might be dangerous as an Eliminator; someone I could cripple if they were an Eliminator with my continuous tendency to die in games. (A bit of my paranoia showing through here, as I didn't really focus on the possibility of a Village-Village pairing.) So, my final shortlist had, at least: Ren, Claincy, Alv, Meta, and Wilson. For various reasons, I ruled out Ren and Claincy and Alv. I ruled out Meta because I felt morally bad about inflicting my heavy death rate on him.

While pairing with Ren/Claincy/Alv/Meta/Wilson would've been bad for Lover!Kas trying to win, the person making the decision was not Lover!Kas but Arelon!Dula!Kas. Lover!Kas was not an actual possibility until the point the final PM was sent to Hreo. As such, I felt it was not proper to appeal to Lover!Kas's interests in making my decision, but only Arelon's. This is why I did not factor in how pairing with a dangerous potential-Eliminator would've been counter-productive for Lover!Kas's fulfilling his win con.

....And that's the story of how I ended up with Wilson >>

Edited by Kasimir

Most things that happened in the writeup were actual night actions, such as all of the deaths and the people who caused them.  

Edit:  That player list is the final list of who survived and died.

Edited by Tulir

So... query, did I actually get targeted by a fireball, or was that just RP?

You were actually fireballed and killed.

Tulir, if you're still around, will you add a little note of all the players that died, what happened to their seons, etc? Thanks.

Dear people who decided to not protect Wilson, thank you. I've officially won my first bet :P My luck is definitely turning around!

Also: called it on Kipper :P #Dulabros4life

That's one bet you shouldn't have placed.  The odds of the three of us surviving the game were much higher.

Wow. That was a lot of people killed last night.

Good Game all! Pan-Dareth will rise again!   :D

Funnily enough, I actually selected Luckat as my Odiv back in Day 3 or so. I was desperate for conversation, and I also wanted someone to plot with. It just so happened that she was a Cultist.  :P

That's one bet you shouldn't have placed. The odds of the three of us surviving the game were much higher.

I know, right? Though I'm still not sure why Twei or Seonid didn't protect me. Meta knew this would be the last night because of how many people we were killing, and it doesn't matter if the villagers die. They still win. The lovers have to survive.

Wow, that was an amazing ending! Definitely up there as one of my favorites. Bravo you two!

I can't wait to see the links to the Cultist Doc and the Secrets of Elantris. As Tulir said and from my brief stint there, they're pretty awesome. 

EDIT: Wilson, we were still playing the long game, on the off chance that the Cultist didn't know about the fireball extravagansa and whether or not Clanky or Dow was a Cultist. So we opted for defending our Warriors more so than anything else. We still figured that if there was one left out that they'd go after me or the Warriors. 

Edited by Metacognition

Ah, so Elantris decided to end the game by just killing everyone then? I had had that thought, but I wasn't going to suggest it (being one of the unconfirmed potential victims and all). But awwww.... I was so close to surviving my first game....

Thanks for running the game, Hero and Tulir! 'twas very fun.

A question to the more experienced. I spent a large portion of the game on the 'suspect' list. Any suggestions on how I could have played better?

Ah, so Elantris decided to end the game by just killing everyone then? I had had that thought, but I wasn't going to suggest it (being one of the unconfirmed potential victims and all). But awwww.... I was so close to surviving my first game....

Thanks for running the game, Hero and Tulir! 'twas very fun.

A question to the more experienced. I spent a large portion of the game on the 'suspect' list. Any suggestions on how I could have played better?

Hael, I spent most of this game constantly telling people that you were either a very good villager or had the foreknowledge of a Cultist (that's a compliment, btw ;) ). I don't think that you could've done much different, it's more a matter of you feeling out how everyone plays and us figuring out how you play. 

Also, with regards to your hypothetical situation where I was playing some long con idea? I absolutely loved it! When you asked if I would do something like that, I literally said, "heck yes I would!" :D

Also, with regards to your hypothetical situation where I was playing some long con idea? I absolutely loved it! When you asked if I would do something like that, I literally said, "heck yes I would!" :D

I am not sure how I feel about this. Whether to be pleased that you loved the idea, or terrified that this is something you would do...

So...confession to make as your new king:

I actually didn't protect anyone tonight. By the time I got on to put in my action, the cycle was over. Not that it would have mattered much - I would have protected Meta, not Wilson, because he'd asked for it, and I didn't have time to think things through.

The cultists gambled that the Warriors would protect Meta that round, because his pendant had been used, and successfully got Wilson killed. If I'd have had more time, I might have come to that conclusion, or I might have protected Twei, thinking that they were going to try to sneak a kill through on the Warriors. An even bet either way.

Setting my misdeeds aside for now, this was an amazingly fun game! (Also, isn't it weird that I end up with protection roles every single game that has them? Just a side note...) Props to Tulir and Hero, and thanks to all of you for making it so much fun to play with!

It was Kas who would have died with Feligion

See? Exactly my point. I always die in these games, particularly when some koochoo e chu ta decides to...*trails off in expletives*...

Hence my deciding to sacrifice myself to keep a dangerous potential-Eliminator in check :P

Heh. Wilson, it seems you (sorta) got me killed again... What exactly am I doing wrong? I made you a banner and everything!

You're not her Lover. That's what's wrong :P

Edited by Kasimir

Heh, that's what happens when you give 5 people kill roles at once :P

Can't remember if I already said this in the cultist doc but thanks for running this Hero/Tulir :)

In case anyone is wondering:

My inactivity was a necessity not a tactic, though it worked out better than I expected. I thought I'd be killed early on.

I have a personal rule about not lying about real life stuff (anything in-game is free game of course ;) ).

Would I have been more active if I'd been a villager?

Maybe slightly in the thread, but not much. I'm not happy with how inactive I was this game but that's the way things went.

If I knew I was going to be so busy, why did I play?

I knew I'd be busy for the first part of the game but thought I'd have more time after that, then got really sick.

So why didn't I step aside and let a pinch hitter step in?

I really don't like leaving something once I've committed to it. A little after I got sick I finally resolved that maybe it would be best if I did ... just as we ran out of pinch hitters.

I did actually have a bit more time/ability starting around day 8. But at that point we knew we'd lost, and I didn't feel like putting in a ton of effort to maybe survive 1 extra cycle in a game that was already essentially over (for us) when I still should be studying for my final exam. *shrug*

If I hadn't known that you weren't a cultist I would have been maintaining a health suspicion that you were doing just that, at least for a couple of days.

I'm a little pleased that we guessed both Seonid and Twei as the Jindo's, even though we didn't manage to kill either of you :) I would like to note that the two of you did an excellent job.

I think I've already said all I wanted to say about balance and mechanics in the spiked doc. A lot of it was in conversations (aside from one particularly long analysis) so you can read that there if you like :)

As no-one has linked it yet, here's the cultist doc.

Lastly I'd like to reiterate something I said in the spiked doc:

overall it’s certainly one of the coolest SE games even counting balance issues :)

Lightsworn already post a couple of these, but here are the links to the relevant docs and spreadsheets. 

Spectator/Dead doc

Cultist Doc

Elantris PM log- Everything that happened in Elantris

Master Spreadsheet (note that it has multiple tabs in it, including one for all the Elantris secret areas)

I'll leave the docs open for people to edit for a few days, in case anyone wants to comment on anything, and then I'll lock them up.

I'm working on a big post where I comment on a bunch of aspects of the game but my internet it being really flakey. Hopefully I'll be able to get it posted tonight. If not tonight, then tomorrow sometime.

EDIT: I should note that for the Elantris PM log and the Master Spreadsheet nobody is allowed to edit them, for obvious reasons, but I left it open for people to leave comments on them, if they wish.

Edited by Herowannabe