I suspect they will be frustrating at present and hilariously fun in hindsight.

But that's an odd question to be asking right now. It's almost like you're certain she's going to be targeted tonight.

I just remembered that the King/Queen can set up games and such to select their heir. Wonder what kind of contest Wilson has set for us...

Personally, I hope you never have to find out. :P

The best RP of Claincys death wins the crown? :ph34r:

Important Announcement:

Originally Hero and I were going to do the Writeup an hour late due to his situation.  Unfortunately, I live in Northern Colorado, and a tornado just came through.  One of my friends no longer has a roof, so we are working on a solution.  As such, due to the storm conditions and assisting him, I won't be able to post anything until at tommorrow at the earliest.  Hopefully things can be fixed quickly, but probably not.  

@wilson, I am confused when you say that I didn't participate in either bandwagon even though I voted for Maill. Also I didn't feel the need to vote on Winter when there was really no way anyone else would've been lynched. 

I feel that I finally have some real suspicions and currently most suspicious I think is Honey Badger. As for ostrich I really doubt that a cultist would be that inactive. However it hasn't gotten ostrich killed yet so I suppose it may be a viable strategy. 

I would also like to get in PM contact with someone who has been cleared. I haven't had any PM contact yet and have some semi-important stuff I could share. 

EDIT: Hope everything is okay Tulir. I say forget about the game until everything is alright on the real life front. That is more important. 

Edited by Clanky

@wilson, I am confused when you say that I didn't participate in either bandwagon even though I voted for Maill. Also I didn't feel the need to vote on Winter when there was really no way anyone else would've been lynched. 

The two bandwagons in question were the first two: Fel and Spencer. You didn't vote at all on Day 1 and your official vote was for Twei on Day 2 (before Twei, you'd voted for Hael). And to my recollection, Winter's comment about you were based on your participation in the bandwagons. But you didn't participate in the bandwagons. So she was wrong. Wyrm was writing off the people who participated in the bandwagons in the analysis, and you were one of the people removed from the list. I was simply correcting that list because technically you should still be on it.

Phat could've been Hoed, as I was saying multiple times. (And I'm not the only one to mention that!) Not voting put Phat at risk, given Bort's vote and Winter's vote. There was no knowing if the Duke/Duchess would've gotten to Winter on time and votejacked her. You could've been votejacked by the Cultist Prince/Princess--what made you so sure you wouldn't be?

Echoing the well-wishes, Tulir :/

Was just having a look back through Winter's posts (I finally worked out how to wrangle the forum search to go through all of a users post), and noticing her get annoyed at the Feligon bandwagon on the first night reminded me we've not seen Mckeedee since Night 3, yet he's been active elsewhere on the forum (for example, in Question 12). Just want to put that out there before I jump back into digging through the backlog of the game.

"Your Excellence, Her Majesty, Lady Kiireon the Great, may I present to you this banner Honoring your name." Edrab pulled aside the cover of his handiwork. "I will gladly carry this where ever I roam, proclaiming the wonders of your name."

The phase is now done. I'm still not home yet but write ups will be up as soon as we can get them. Hopefully tonight, maybe not until tomorrow.

Feel free to take your time guys. This won't be the first time we've had an extended turn and I doubt it will be the last. Thank you for keeping us informed though! You two have been amazing at letting us know what's going on and I, at least, truly appreciate that.

I'm also adding to the ranks of well-wishers here, Tulir! I hope your friends are all okay! A roof can be replaced. A life can't, so I'm glad that it sounds like everyone is at least okay! 

Was just having a look back through Winter's posts (I finally worked out how to wrangle the forum search to go through all of a users post), and noticing her get annoyed at the Feligon bandwagon on the first night reminded me we've not seen Mckeedee since Night 3, yet he's been active elsewhere on the forum (for example, in Question 12). Just want to put that out there before I jump back into digging through the backlog of the game.

Yeah, I guess that makes me a kind of a hypocrite for voting for Spencer, huh?

I was feeling pretty arrogant at the beginning of the game, but that ended when 3 successive people died partially due to my interference and all turned out to be a villagers (I'm feeling pretty bad about Maill, especially, because it was basically me that got Wilson turned on to him and got him lynched.)

I used to have a Seon, but I gave it away on Night 3 because I didn't feel as if I could accomplish anything with it. Overall, I've basically just turned back into the wishy-washy guy I usually am in Sanderson Elimination, and I don't even really have RP to back me up.

Plus, Wilson and Meta kind of suspect me for various reasons (none of which I can really counter, so I'm electing to ignore them.)

I am home now and working on the writeups. I'll keep them short and sweet, in order to expedite the rolloever.

Just to ask: are PMs still permitted until the write-up, or should we effectively shut them down now? :) Thanks.

Eh, I'll allow PMs. However, nobody should be posting any game related stuff in the main thread or Elantris PM thread until the rollover, and no action orders will count that came after my post announcing the Night phase was finished.

@Tulir: We'll burn a prayer for you and your friends. :) Don't worry about the game tonight, and if needs be, take the next few cycles off. The next rollovers will land on a Saturday and Sunday, so I can handle those myself if needs be.

I suspect they will be frustrating at present and hilariously fun in hindsight.

But that's an odd question to be asking right now. It's almost like you're certain she's going to be targeted tonight.

King of Bad Timing and Misfortune, that's me, folks.

Best of luck, Tulir. I hope your friend recovers quickly.

Day 5: Domi’s Mercy

Sienene gasped as something struck against him. Merciful Domi! Not again! Last time, he had clutched his sacred Korathi Pendant so tightly while he prayed that it had been crushed. He instinctively reached to his bosom for the pendant again, but of course, it was no longer there. When he pulled his hand away, it was wet with blood.

The lead cultist put down the sacrificial knife, it’s point wet with fresh blood, and smiled. The other cultists looked up, smiling too. This time, the ritual had worked perfectly.

MenE was up before dawn, as always. Today it was polishing the marble floors in the great hall. When the daylight finally broke through the window the section of floor he had cleaned positively gleamed. He had done such a good job that he could see his own reflection in the stone. MenE paused, doing a double take at his reflection. “Merciful Domi…” he muttered.

Sienene has been killed! He was a Korathi Priest! His Seon (Ashe) has been lost!
MenE has been taken by
the Shaod!

Day 5 has now begun. It will end at 9:00PM MDT on Saturday, Jun 6th.

Updated Player List

1. Edrab Leah (Haelbarde)

2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

3. Mainem (Mckeedee123)

4. Gerald Hobbes (Kipper)

5. Clankii (Clanky)

6. Edaan (Alvron)

7. Dow (dowanx)

8. Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian)

9. Hene Bata (The Honey Badger)

10. Duke Pifferdan (Emerald 101)

11. Clancy (lord Claincy Ffnord)

12. Kaian (Kasimir)

13. Redodaa Tialehe (ostrichofevil)

14. Kiireon (little wilson)

15. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

16. Nathanael (Wyrmhero)

17. Sheon Idris (Seonid)

18. Tehen (twelfthrootoftwo)

19. Won LenReen (A Smart Guy)

20. Liala (Luckat)

Elantrians

1. Diren (Zas678)-Hoed

2. Neo (neodymium)

3. Riingar (Renegade)

4. Borter Clams (Bort)

5. MenE (Metacognition)

The Deceased

1. Fernarnia (Feligon) Keeper of the Secret Tunnels

2. King Walin (spencer12347) Debtor
  3. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Citizen

4. Maisao (Mailliw73) Citizen

5. Kae (Winter Cloud) Jeskeri Cultist

6. Sienene (phattemer) Korathi Priest, Elantrian

Pinch Hitters

1. Wyrmhero

2. A Smart Guy

3. Emerald 101

4. Silverblade5

Game Quicklinks
  • Signups
  • Day 1 - Fel/Mek Lynched.
  • Night 1 - Orlok Killed, Zas converted.
  • Day 2 - Spencer Lynched.
  • Night 2 - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly Cultist target.
  • Day 3 - Mailliw73 Lynched.
  • Night 3 - Bort was poisoned, someone else saved from Cultists.
  • Day 4 - Winter discovered to be a Cultist and Lynched. Wyrmhero and Emerald join the game.
  • Night 4 - Phattemer killed, Meta probably poisoned. 
  • Day 5

Do people think it's likely safe to assume that Meta was poisoned? It seems awfully convenient that Meta, of all people, should get hit by the Shaod this cycle.

GM question - If a player with a Seon is poisoned, what is the effect on their Seon?

Edited by Haelbarde

Storm it!

Wilson, if you have a Seon, could you get in contact with me. I have important information I need to share. Someone was supposed to pass their Seon to me, but as of yet, they have not done so.

Seonid, I can get in contact with you tonight. I'm in contact with Meta right now so it's not possible. Does that work?

Edit: You may also want some information I have.

Edited by Kasimir

So that clears anyone that Phattemer had cleared (enough people have communicated with Elantris, I think, to have been able to verify information that was incorrectly relayed). So that means Renegade, Wilson, and Neo can all be trusted. I wasn't 100% about Meta (still thought that he could be playing a dangerous game and was a coconspirator with Winter. Still not impossible I guess), but I do feel like Meta being taken by the Shaod was the Cultists roleblocking him, and stifling his ability to talk. So Meta, you now get my vote of confidence towards being priest (for what it's worth). 

Seonid, I can get in contact with you tonight. I'm in contact with Meta right now so it's not possible. Does that work?

Edit: You may also want some information I have.

Sounds good to me.

There's a new convert to Shu-Dereth: Wilson.

Do people think it's likely safe to assume that Meta was poisoned? It seems awfully convenient that Meta, of all people, should get hit by the Shaod this cycle.

That seems likely. Meta claimed to have a Korathi Pendant, so either he was lying about that and the Shaod happened to hit him now, or he was poisoned. It seems like a Cultist attempt to get him out of the way.