GM query: Is Mailliw able to gift his pendant before the lynch goes through? (The pendant doesn't protect him from the Lynch, right?)

gifting happens after kills, and before the Shaod (on night phases).

And I don't think the pendants can be gifted on the cycle the person dies, but I believe that someone can be named the heir? Or is that only with Seons?

Rules say that pendants can't be inherited. Didn't think gifting happened before lynch (think they clarified it, though in relation to cultist kills I think, but couldn't be bothered trying to search for it on my phone)

Edit: And ninja'd by the GM.

Edited by Haelbarde

Second, Wilson. Can't you see what's happening? You'll regret this again, and after twice, I think you might make my list. I haven't contacted you precisely because I always do. I wanted to get fresh perspectives on the game and you are the next contact on my list, which my pinch-hitter may have to make for me if I survive this day. I can't think of any PM where I asked for information on others. In every PM with a regular player, excluding one, they offered their own role and asked me what I thought. I didn't ask a single person who they could trust, but in fact, that's exactly what Throat/Mek asked me. S/he asked me who they could trust because surely I contacted others. If that's true, I now propose that Mek was trying to get you to lynch me. Mek claimed to be a Pirate with Alv as her hostage. Do with that as you will. 

Well, I wasn't necessarily gunning for a lynch in there. As you probably found in the PM, I'm pretty candid with my opinions when it's a 1-on-1 conversation (though I obviously wouldn't tell someone that I suspected them to their face, which is why this is probably coming out of left field for you.)

Basically, I just told Wilson what I thought of Cycle 2, and I included what I thought about you. Looking at her posts, I think I might have not been completely clear on what I meant (for example, I mentioned phishing for roles when referring to what I perceived as an attempt to start an information network centered around you, but she apparently took it to mean you asked me my role, which you didn't.) The main reasons for my suspicion are, yes, what I interpreted as you attempting to get people to spread information through you, but also the fact that I was contacted for theories the cycle immediately after the Eliminators apparently killed someone who I had practically suggested as a target (but shouldn't have.) Also, the way you responded to my thoughts on the cycle sort of reminded me of the PM of you, me, and Meta in LG10 where you sort of quickly agreed to most of the explanations I suggested (that one's mostly circumstantial, though.) Perhaps most importantly, when I asked you if there was anybody "I could trust" (shamelessly trying to get names,) it took you over 2 hours after reading it to respond, which I kind of assumed was from you conspiring on the Doc as to how to manipulate me (ultimately, you responded moderately but evasively, which is what I expected no matter what your alignment was.)

It's a lot of little things, all of which are circumstantial. My suspicions have wavered over the past few cycles, especially towards the end of Day Two, but at the time I wrote the PM to Wilson, I was about 70% sure (man, I am way too into percentages  <_< .) I tried to bait you into killing me by telling you early on that I was a pirate with a somewhat random hostage (which would have pretty much sealed the deal on your guilt, something I mentioned to Wilson,) but I ended up not dying. Wilson apparently decided to drive the lynch home once some other players started it, something I'm not necessarily opposed to...

Let me assure you: If I end up being wrong, I will feel like a complete cremcake for starting this. For the third cycle in a row, however, I'm going to cast a last-minute vote. Maill

As to Meta's concerns, I don't have a good answer to them. He brings up some good points, some of which I haven't even thought of myself. I would actually consider the one about me thinking Orlok was a lover to be half-decent grounds for lynching, if not suspicion, at the very least.

Ostrich{0}: Kas <1>

Piff{0}: Araris<1>

Kas{1}: Kipper

Honey{2}: Claincy Mail<1> Bort

Mail{10}: Alvron twelfth wilson Clanky Meta Kas<3> Honey Araris<2> Dowanx Mek

Jain{0}: Kas<2>

Mek{1}: Mail<2>

Zas{0}: 3 Elantrians + Wonko<abstain>

Edited by Haelbarde

Wow. You guys will regret this. I was false-claiming that Pendant to cause the real Pendant holder to come forward for you guys to trust when I died. I told Kipper this plan, so he can vouch for it. It looks like I'm dead regardless, so here you go: I told you Mek's role. Honey claimed to be a Pirate with no hostage. Kipper claimed to be a Keeper. Do with that what you will. Mushroom never claimed a role, because he is too much of a secret keeper. :P Wilson, you're wrong again. Remember this.

Night Three: The First Five Words

Everyone gathered in the Court to the unlikely, but welcome, news that no one had been killed the night before.  Accusations began later in the day, as if they didn't want to break the peace.  But once they started, they kept flying.

Back and forth they went, until Won brought up about Elantris.  He had sent his Seon in, and learned that they were highly suspicious of one of their own.  He argued that they should take out this Elantrian, and although most appreciated his info, they didn’t act on it.  Why would they sully themselves in contact with the Elantrians, even if it was just killing them?

The discussion raged, with speeches and counter-arguments being made, until there was a vast majority all targeting the same person.  Maisao saw them turning against them, and, steeling himself for what was to come, whispered a command to his Seon.

A small complaint was heard, but Maisao repeated the command, then sadly watched as it floated away to find its new master, while the crowd moved in on Maisao.

--

Deep in Elantris, Diren was scared.  His only allies, his only friends, the ones that he had united with to survive; they had turned against him.  They kept accusing him, pushing him back, never relenting even though he pleaded, and it became to much.  The constant pressure of life in Elantris had taken its toll on him, and underneath the accusations, he collapsed to the ground

His companions eyed him, then walked away, leaving him to muttering

Maisoa was lynched!  He was a Citizen!  His Seon has been passed on to his heir!

Diren has become Hoed!

Mainem (Mckeedee123): 1 (Maisao)

Maisao (Mailliw73):11 (Mainem, Clankii, Edaan, Dow, Arfear Quinn, Hene Bata, Kaian, Kiireon, MenE, Tehen)

Hene Bata (The Honey Badger): 2 (Clancy, Borter Clams)

Kaian (Kasimir): 0 (Gerald Hobbes)

Won LenReen (Wonko the Sane): 2 (Karlin)

Diren (Zas678): 3 (Neo, Riingar, Sienene)

Neo (neodymium): 1 (Diren)

Night Three has Begun! It will end in around 23 hours!

Updated Player List

1. Edrab Leah (Haelbarde)

2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

3. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Citizen

4. Kae (Winter Cloud)

5. Mainem (Mckeedee123)

6. Borter Clams (Bort)

7. Gerald Hobbes (Kipper)

8. King Walin (spencer12347) Debtor

9. Maisao (Mailliw73) Citizen

10. Clankii (Clanky)

11. Edaan (Alvron)

12. Dow (dowanx)

13. Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian)

14. Hene Bata (The Honey Badger)

15. Duke Pifferdan (Lord Pifferdoo)-Emerald 101

16. Clancy (lord Claincy Ffnord)

17. Kaian (Kasimir)

18. Redodaa Tialehe (ostrichofevil)

19. Kiireon (little wilson)

20. Fernarnia (Feligon) Keeper of the Secret Tunnels

21. MenE (Metacognition)

22. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

23. Nathanael (Aonar Faileas)

24. Sheon Idris (Seonid)

25. Tehen (twelfthrootoftwo)

26. Won LenReen (Wonko the Sane)

27. Liala (Luckat)

Elantrians

1. Diren (Zas678)-Hoed

2. Neo (neodymium)

3. Riingar (Renegade)

4. Sienene (phattemer)

Pinch Hitters

1. Wyrmhero

2. The Only Joe

3. A Smart Guy

4. Emerald 101

Note from Herowannabe:

I made a small mistake with the writeup at Day 3, as well as in a couple clarification questions that people asked me about the Korathi Pendant. The question was asked (more than once) if a Korathi Pendant would be revealed in the write up when it’s used, and I said that it would if it blocked a Cultist attack or the Shaod, but not for a Shu-Dereth conversion. However, I was looking over my rules clarification post and saw this:

Write ups

The following things will be revealed in the writeups:

• If someone is saved by the Jindo Warrior

• If someone is saved by a Korathi Pendant, and what the pendant saved them from

• Exactly how each player dies (ie: by Cultists, lovers, pirate, etc.)

• The identity, role, faction, and items of every player that died. (Note: Names of Seons that pass on to heirs will not be revealed)

So my bad. I will go with my original ruling: Any use of the Korathi Pendant will be revealed in the writeup. As such, be aware that there were 2 pendants used at the beginning of day 3. One pendant blocked a cultist kill (as was shown in the writeup), and another pendant blocked a Shu-Dereth conversion.

That is all. Carry on.

Edited by Tulir

Game Quicklinks

• Signups
  • Day 1 - Fel/Mek Lynched
  • Night 1 - Orlok Killed, Zas converted
  • Day 2 - Spencer Lynched
  • Night 2 - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly cultist target.
  • Day 3 - Mailliw73 Lynched
  • Night 3

So, the votes:

Mainem (Mckeedee123): 1 (Maisao)

Maisao (Mailliw73):11 (Mainem, Clankii, Edaan, Dow, Arfear Quinn, Hene Bata, Kaian, Kiireon, MenE, Tehen)

Hene Bata (The Honey Badger): 2 (Clancy, Borter Clams)

Kaian (Kasimir): 0 (Gerald Hobbes)

Won LenReen (Wonko the Sane): 2 (Karlin)

Diren (Zas678): 3 (Neo, Riingar, Sienene)

Neo (neodymium): 1 (Diren)

And my count:

Ostrich{0}: Kas <1>

Piff{0}: Araris<1>

Jain{0}: Kas<2>
Mek{1}: Mail<2>

Mail{10}: Alvron twelfth wilson Clanky Meta Kas<3> Honey Araris<2> Dowanx Mek

Honey{2}: Claincy Mail<1> Bort

Kas{1}: Kipper
Zas{3}: 3 Elantrians + Wonko<abstain>

Going to need to go back and check if I missed the vote on Wonko, will come back to that. But there's a hidden vote there. Presuming that it's Kipper's secret vote, and that the reason that Kas has zero votes on him (other option would be Kas is the Dula).

Extra vote on Mail, probably our king/queen from the last two cycles.

Edit: also, the other pendant explains why there's only been one convert.

Edited by Haelbarde

First of all, sorry to Kas for my blowup. I was really just having a minor meltdown about some things I don't like seeing, and that turned into a vote on Kas. I'll keep quiet about my issues with other players from now on (in this game), only saying to Wilson that EpicMafia has nothing to do with any of my objections in my post. Again, apologies to Kas. I am sorting out my problems OOG.

Secondly, as I said right before the Day ended, yes, Mailliw presented his "plan," (if one can call it that) to me in a PM with his Seon. His original plan that he presented to me was that he would claim to have a Korathi Pendant, with the hope that this would bring the real Korathi Pendant holder out. The real Korathi Pendant holder would then get protection and contact the priest (presumably with Mailliw's Seon). Then the Priest and the Korathi Pendant holder would begin to clear people. Note: That was from what he said, doing my best not to blatantly copy/paste. I really don't think that this plan was airtight in any way. It looked like it was made in desperation by somebody who saw their imminent death. At any rate, I questioned him more in detail about his plan, but he did not respond. Did not even read the PM. He wanted me to support his walkback of the fake claim in thread so (in his words) the other players could rally around the person who claims the Korathi Pendant. If that isn't clear to anyone, feel free to ask for clarifications.

Thirdly, I neither retracted my vote on Kas (as far as I recall) nor used my secret vote. I have not used my secret vote ability this entire game. He is probably the Dula.

Fourthly, I might be a little bit more active now that my role was blabbed about by Mailliw. I have nothing to gain by hiding in the shadows to the left anymore.

I double checked my vote count, and it was right as far as I could see.

So apparently Kipper didn't use his secret vote, which means, as far as I can tell, Kas got to play matchmaker at the start of the game. Have I missed any other options?

We have the case of 2 votes on Wonko. Bort, did you use your Duke vote? You weren't clear if you were going to. And if you didn't, GM's, what do you mean that a Duke will appear as a 'no-vote'. Does that just mean that if they pretended to put in a vote, it would come across as not counting, rather than they'd appear in the vote tallies as not voting when they didn't vote? Presumably our prince(ss) struck again with using Surgebound's vote. 

It seems likely that the King/Queen is the reason for the extra vote for Maill. Looking back at the last two votes, these are the people involved in votes with an extra vote:

Day 1

Fernarnia: 6 (Kiireon, Dow, Won LenReen, Mainem, Sienene)

Mainem: 4 (Locke, Arfear, King Walin)

Day 2

King Walin (spencer12347): 5 (Mainem, Borter, Dow, Kaian)

Day 3

Two people have been involved each time - Mckeedee and Dow. Except Mckeede changed roles after round 1, which implies Dow is indeed our King.

EDIT:

Sorry for the double post...

What is the policy on editing posts within game threads?

Editing for spelling mistakes/formating (say colour) is generally fine. Usually, leave a note so it's clear what you edited.

No changing the content of what you said though. Leave your original text, say 'Edit:' and clarify after that.

Editing a post to add content is fine, provided no one has posted afterwards. If one person posted while you were editing, maybe just post again to say you edited your previous response. But once someone's posted after you, new content should go in a new post.

That sound about right?

Edited by Haelbarde

Fourthly, I might be a little bit more active now that my role was blabbed about by Mailliw. I have nothing to gain by hiding in the shadows to the left anymore.

One thing you should know about Maill: if he knows anything about you and he's about to be lynched, he'll announce it to the thread. At least, if he's good he does. Information is his game and he has no qualms revealing anything. :P It is therefore ill-advised to give him information or role-claim unless you're getting something in return and you're okay with the info he gets about you being revealed should he be lynched.

I'm going to make a request of our Jindo Warrior: in case Phatt didn't get a Pendant, please protect him tonight. I'd also request Phatt to seek Neoas I suspect Neo is actually the Cultist. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter. There's a 50/50 shot of getting the right one and if you choose the Citizen, it's the other one. If we can clear Elantris of Cultists, we've got a clean area and the great thing is that our Priest is inside it and he can verify people as they get in there. We just need to keep him alive in the interim. If we have two Warriors (which we probably do), it would be great if we could get them in contact with each other, or at least get an intermediary so we can get them protecting Phatt on off-cycles.

If you're fixing grammar mistakes, fine. If you're greening a vote, fine. If you're changing wording or anything else, don't do it. If you're adding information, mark it at the end with an "EDIT:"

Wilson, do you want me to continue to hold your role back? I feel like it is pertinent to the discussion.

Also my name is Len, not Won. I'm from MaiPon; it's how they do things. At least, Wan ShaiLu, the only MaiPon name we know, is structured that way.

This brings up, by the way, how I got my hands on a Seon in MaiPon, of all places. I'll bet that's an interesting story.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Sorry for the double post...

There is nothing wrong with editing posts, as long as you're not using it for shenanigans (ie: stuff like posting info for the people who are online at the time to see and then deleting the info after they have read it). If you have any specific questions about the legality of a post-edit, please PM Tulir and me AND Gammafiend.

Just saw Haelbarde's reply. His guidelines are approved.

GM's, what do you mean that a Duke will appear as a 'no-vote'. Does that just mean that if they pretended to put in a vote, it would come across as not counting, rather than they'd appear in the vote tallies as not voting when they didn't vote? 

An example is in order, I think.

Day 1: Duke Telrii uses his power to force Sarene to vote for King Iadon.

Day 2: Duke Telrii casts a vote in thread for Hrathen. 

• If Sarene does not direct a vote for Telrii, then he will show up as having not voted. Hrathen will not have an additional vote added to him, and Telrii's name will not appear as having voted for Hrathen.
  • If Sarene DOES dictate a vote for Telrii, say to vote for Shuden, Telrii's name and vote will both show up next to Shuden's name in the vote tally (Side note: Basically, the same thing as would happen if a KeeperOTST cast a vote for one player in the thread and used his secret vote to vote for a different player)

Does that clarify things?

Also,

GM ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Please welcome Emerald101 to the game as our first Pinch Hitter! He will be taking over for Lord Pifferdoo, whose real life commitments are preventing him from keeping up with the game. Emerald has been given all the info that Pifferdoo was privy to.

EDIT: Accidental double post.

(Note to Kipper: Editing to delete a double post is also okay, as long as the info is still present in the first post) ;)

Also, I'll make sure I have Tulir change the most recent Player List to reflect that Emerald is controlling Duke Pifferdan now.

Edited by Herowannabe

I did edit this into my last post, but then like 6 posts happen by the time I saved the edit :/

(This came off the revelation that Her Royal Highness, Lady Kiieron is our Queen.)

Which means we can now get a better understanding of the vote shenanigans of the game so far.

So the Queen voted for Mckee/Fel the first cycle, abstained the second cycle, and then voted Mail the 3rd cycle.

The Prince(ss) moved spencer onto Mckee the first cycle, Ostrich onto Wonko Cycle 2, and Surgebound onto Wonko Cycle 3.

The Duke/Duchess moved Bort onto Spencer Cycle 2. 

Now, the cycle 1 or 3 moving could have been the Duke/Duchess instead, but I do not feel like trying to work that one out. I guess, if they've been active each round, then we can eliminate anyone who's voted as being the Duke/Duchess, but it seems to me that the Prince(ss) has been acting in a certain way, and the Duke/Duchess targetting Bort seems to be a different style to the Prince(ss), so I'm going to go with the Duke/Duchess has just made the one move - they're vulnerable when they use their ability as it becomes obvious when their vote suddenly appears the next cycle. 

This is working under the assumption that Bort didn't use the Duke/Duchess vote this cycle.

I'm wondering if our Prince(ss) could be a cultist. I sorta trust Wonko for the moment, and the prince(ss) has targeted him twice now. 

Edit: 

Does that clarify things?

I think so. More it was, presuming the Duke did not vote last cycle, and presuming Bort did not use the Duke's vote, would the Duke's name appear anywhere, to which I believe the answer is no.

Edit 2: 

And my analysis post is still coming - it got delayed by lots of interesting things happening this cycle.

Edited by Haelbarde