Anyone have anything to discuss? I mean, I don't, so.... that's right! It's time for..............

WHITE TEXT EVERYWHERE

EVERYYYYYYWHERE!!!!

Edited by phattemer

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!!! :D

You don't say.

Quick OOC clarification because I realised my RP could be read wrongly: Kaian just finds MenE disquieting; it's a character thing. I just wanted to dash off some quick characterisation since I've been neglecting RP in recent games and to take up Clanky's offer, really ;)

Edit: I realised the worst thing is that Ren can't say anything about this since he's stuck in Elantris :P

Edited by Kasimir

Already there were more lining up for a chance to have their future read by The Great Clankii! Come one, Come all to see his wondrous powers!

Clankii was still slightly upset by what he had seen in Kaes future. What he needed now was an easy happy telling to set his mind right. The next one to volunteer was Kaian. 

Yes this one should work well thought Clankii, he looks at everything with a wide-eyed look of awe as though he had been hidden away his whole life till now. He is probably a nobles son finally let out of his parents keep to explore the world for the first time. I suppose he got more than he bargained for when he entered this palace. 

"Ok Kaian I need you to clear your mind so the great Clankii can look beyond time into your fuuuuuture!" 

Although Clankii did have real power to see the future his more important skill was reading people and telling what they wanted to hear.

"You have just begun a long and wonderful journey, you will see many marvellous things, things you didn't know existed! You will never be alone as you will always be together with your companion the.... Ferret?" Who carries a ferret around in their pocket?

Then suddenly Clankiis voice changed to a deep eerie tone  "That is if you live long enoughWhy did I say that, I wanted to make this a happy reading!

"All are in grave danger for as long as they stay in this palace! You are all marked for death! Death lives in this place and it shall soon be joined by its companion, the Shaod." What is happening to me? I can't control it. "There is no hope. There is no escape."

Suddenly Clankii stopped talking. Everyone around him was staring.

"That will be all the readings I will be doing today! Now everyone begone I must rest!" Clankii rushed those words out faster than he ever had before. He then fled to an open corner of the room. He didn't stop shaking until hours later when sleep finally took him.

-----

Comic sans is the perfect choice for scary text right?

Also I probably don't have time to do any more RP tonight but I can probably do some more Fortune telling next cycle if anyone else wants.

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Clanky

Don't discount the possibility of it being true.  Tulirs rep had him as a Pahn Kahl in LG4 and it was right. :o  So maybe we should kill Kipper just in case. :P

D'aww. Thanks man. I do appreciate the love.

Just as a reminder, a little over 2 hours until rollover time.

Also, while I'm at it, I have a few rule clarifications I've been meaning to post. However, the main thread has been locked so I haven't been able to edit the rules clarifications post.

Seon gifts

A player may have multiple seons (or any item for that matter), if he inherits them or they are given to him. Their effects are cumulative, meaning that the player could open up more than one PM with other players during each phase.

If a Seon is given to a player who is already an Elantrian, the Seon immediately becomes corrupted and does not work.

Order of night activities

As a general rule of thumb, here are the orders of night activities:

1. Night votes (the Elantris exploration vote)

2. Night actions (Korathi Priest, Jindo Warrior, Elantrian Veteran, Gyorn/Odiv, poison vials, etc)

3. Cultist kill, along with other deaths it may trigger (lovers, pirate, etc).

4. Gifting/inheriting of items

5. The Shaod.

Edited by Herowannabe

Hey guys finally off work and can spend the time needed to post.

So here are my thoughts, I think yesterday went great except of the GM error (completely understandable and I think handled very well).  Without the error we would of gained a lot of very good information, but regardless I still believe that we gained some good information.  You can look at Wonko's great analysis to see some of the information, but I think the best information lies in the players reactions.  On average we learn little from the Day one lynch, but I don't think that is the case here.

That being said some people said my actions were suspicious so I will just outline it now.  I will be going after inactives and will take whatever chance I can to kill them.  If you don't want me voting for you then play the game.  If you are looking as to why I did what I did yesterday well that is the reason.  

That being said Clanky can you read my fortune?

Edited by dowanx

Don't discount the possibility of it being true.  Tulirs rep had him as a Pahn Kahl in LG4 and it was right. :o  So maybe we should kill Kipper just in case. :P

Just think of how quicker that game would have gone if all of you followed Meta's accusation of me being a Pahn Kahl.  Now, Hero and I wouldn't do something like that when it has already happened, would we?   Of course we wouldn't, right?  Well, maybe...

That being said Clanky can you read my fortune?

The Great Clankii would be happy to reveal the mysteries of your future. However he has retired for the night and will be unable to reached until tomorrow. 

Day Two: The Shaod

After the failed accusation, everyone retreated to their rooms to ponder the events of the day.  Jeskeri cultists in Kae?  It seemed almost too much to believe.  And the fact that they had accused and killed an innocent man in their haste to root out the cultists made it a thoughtful night for many.

But not all.  Locke was up all night in his room, worrying and thinking over everything.  He hadn't told anyone very much about himself, did that mean that they might think he was a cultist? But if he started telling his past now, would they think he was covering up something?

Locke’s mind went blank as he heard his door creak open, and a muffled curse.  He crept behind a desk, and cautiously called out “Who’s there?”

He didn't get a response, and when Locke raised his head to look at the hallway, he caught sight of a cloaked figure running at him.  Locke turned to run, but the assassin caught him in the back with a dagger before he got far.

--

Sienene woke up, anticipating an exciting day.  Regardless of the unfortunate events of yesterday, this reeked of mystery.  Routing a conspiracy is worthwhile time spent, after all.  As he spent time preparing for the day, Sienene noticed that he was ravenously hungry.  

Well, better fix something to eat before the intrigue of the day, he thought as he walked towards the kitchens.  On his way he noticed servants gasping and fleeing when they looked at him.

Oh no… Sienene felt his stomach sink as he turned to look at his reflection in the window.

Locke was killed!  He was a Citizen, with no items to his name!

Sienene has been taken by the Shaod!

Day Two has begun!  It will end in 48 hours!  

PMs will be sent out within the next hour

Player List:

Updated Player List
  • Edrab Leah (Haelbarde)
  • Jain (Lightsworn Panda)
  • Locke (OrlokTsubodai) A Citizen
  • Kae (Winter Cloud)
  • Mainem (Mckeedee123)
  • Borter Clams (Bort)
  • Gerald Hobbes (Kipper)
  • King Walin (spencer12347)
  • Maisao (Mailliw73)
  • Clankii (Clanky)
  • Edaan (Alvron)
  • Dow (dowanx)
  • Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian)
  • Hene Bata (The Honey Badger)
  • Duke Pifferdan (Lord Pifferdoo)
  • Clancy (lord Claincy Ffnord)
  • Kaian (Kasimir)
  • Redodaa Tialehe (ostrichofevil)
  • Kiireon (little wilson)
  • Fernarnia (Feligon) Keeper of the Secret Tunnels
  • MenE (Metacognition)
  • Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)
  • Nathanael (Aonar Faileas)
  • Sheon Idris (Seonid)
  • Tehen (twelfthrootoftwo)
  • Won LenReen (Wonko the Sane)
  • Liala (Luckat)

Elantrians

• Diren (Zas678)
  • Neo (neodymium)
  • Riingar (Renegade)
  • Sienene (phattemer)

Pinch Hitters

• Wyrmhero
  • The Only Joe
  • A Smart Guy

Edited by Tulir

To quote Guilty Spark: "Oh. How unfortunate." Though I guess that's to be expected. Stupid cultists. At least we didn't lose any roles or items.

Hope you get better soon Phattemer. Losing all your hair is no fun. You'll just need to go fix Elantris, that's all.

Clankii awoke feeling rested and hopeful that today would be a better day than the last. What he had said yesterday must have just been because he had been stressed by the recent deaths. Or maybe he had a cold, yes that must have been it he was feeling ill and that made him not act like himself.  That confidence didn't even last long enough for him to make it to the kitchens for breakfast. 

As he approached the kitchens he was greeted by the terrible sight of an Elantrian running past him. The Shaod had come. Just as he had seen yesterday. He rushed back to the main room where he saw a body being carried by two of the palace guards. 

It wasn't just from him not feeling well. He had seen the future of everyone in the palace and it wasn't going to be pretty.

-------

So the Cultists kill on Orlok seems like it may be an attempt to put suspicion on Kas or Mek since they both had some disagreements during day 1. However that seems like an overtly obvious way of directing suspicion. But then since it is so obvious maybe it would actually act to remove suspicion from them. I hate these dilemmas. 

Also I feel like posts like HaelBardes above seem more like something a Cultist would do to try and seem like a good old citizen. So to get things started i will put my vote on HaelBarde.

EDIT: Colour

Edited by Clanky

I am going to start the cycle off by voting for Karlin.  I have seen you online, but if I remember right you haven't posted anything.

I would also like to call out Spencer.  I have seen him online, but he haven't really posted anything.  I also believe Wonko asked him to tell us if his vote was done by a princess or duke(he would of gotten a PM) and he has yet to respond to that.

Also here are some helpful links for navigating the main thread.  I will try to keep these updated throughout the game.

Day 1: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/page-9

Night 1: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/page-15

Also I feel like posts like HaelBardes above seem more like something a Cultist would do to try and seem like a good old citizen. So to get things started i will put my vote on HaelBarde.

I know I've been Kandra the last two games, but they don't exist in this one (do they?). (To be clear  - HaelBarde would be my default Kandra name, I guess).

:'( I knew it might sound slightly off, but I really felt like quoting Guilty Spark, and I missed the opportunity to at the end of Day 1. No more Halo references then...

On to actual game related stuff, my thoughts had been they targeted him because of the disagreement last cycle. I think my guess would be that they would be trying to put suspicion on those who were involved - would be safer than a double bluff I'd have thought - there are a whole lot more people who didn't get involved than did. But yeah... yay for dilemmas :/

I am going to start the cycle off by voting for Karlin.  I have seen you online, but if I remember right you haven't posted anything.

Sorry I haven't posted yet because I have nothing to contribute....Yet  :P

also I've been super busy with school and the mountains of personal projects lately so sorry if I don't post to often.

I'm tempted to vote for Clanky, as his vote for Haelbarde seems a little farfetched. I've yet to be a bad guy, but have also been known to post comments like that, especially if I voted for the lynched (I know, he was murdered, not lynched, but the same principle applies).

Also tempted to vote for Mckeedee, as he didn't answer my question from last night's cycle, about whether or not he cast a secret vote for Feligon in the first day cycle (while Mckeedee still had his original role).

Besides these two, I've not really formed any suspicions yet, and yes, I know the two I've mentioned here aren't exactly the most damning of suspicions, which is why I'm not placing a vote just yet. I'll keep reading the thread, and place a vote towards the end of the cycle.

Dowanx. You and Wonko created a bandwagon on Feligon during the last 10 minutes of the Day Cycle, without citing much reasoning, instead choosing to copy Wilson's argument. You later said, during the Night Cycle, that you were going to hunt down all the inactives. It's nice that you're provoking discussion, but did you really have to suddenly throw off a perfectly good lynch, especially in the very last minutes of the day, in favour of lynching an inactive who had only been inactive for a day? Couldn't you have waited to today? Hunting down inactives sounds too much like a cover for wasting lynches and killing innocents.

Besides, not all players are particularly active on the first day. Some like to sit back and watch before making any posts or presumptions. Following your logic, why didn't you lynch Luckat? She's been online, yet she hasn't posted. Or Seonid. Or Ostrich.

So the Cultists kill on Orlok seems like it may be an attempt to put suspicion on Kas or Mek since they both had some disagreements during day 1. However that seems like an overtly obvious way of directing suspicion. But then since it is so obvious maybe it would actually act to remove suspicion from them. I hate these dilemmas. 

The cultists probably assumed (like me) that Orlok and Araris were lovers. If they had been, the cultists would have had 2 kills instead of just 1 last night.

Also tempted to vote for Mckeedee, as he didn't answer my question from last night's cycle, about whether or not he cast a secret vote for Feligon in the first day cycle (while Mckeedee still had his original role).

I did not. My secret vote doesn't count as an extra vote, instead it takes the place of my real vote. I didn't see any reason to put in a secret vote when I was perfectly willing to publicly vote for Feligon at the time.