Sorry for not really participating in discussion. Usually I am online with my iPad, but I recently got The Aether of Night and if I change out of the google docs app then I lose my place. So I am really the only one to blame. I guess I might as well put a vote on Winter, but perhaps later tonight I can get back on and see how all of the arguments for Meta's lynch are laid out. I am also a bit curious why Winter didn't try to get Meta killed. Everyone was all ready to lynch him, so his claims could have been faked to try and take a villager down with him. Of course, since Winter admitted her guilt this doesn't seem likely at all.

I guess I see that Winter said she didn't think it was worth trying, so that is that. Still, you should have tried. It might have been fun!

Vote Count: (Kas Notation)

Kasimir{0}: Hael<1><3>

Winter{8}: Meta, Kipper, Winter<1>, Wilson<2>, Lightsworn, Seonid<2>, Araris, Haelbarde<4>

Meta{2}: Kas<1>, Twelfth, Wilson<1>, Seonid<1>, Emerald

Phattemer{1}: Winter<2>

------------------

Removed Vote: Hael<2> Kas<2>

Vote Count: (Standard Notation)

Winter{8}: Meta, Kipper, Wilson, Lightsworn, Seonid, Araris Haelbarde

Meta{2}: Twelfth, Emerald

Phattemer{1}: Winter

To be extra clear, I've removed my vote from Kas, and placed it on Winter.

I've also accounted for the presence of Her Royal Highness, Lady Kiieron.

And now light breaks, shining through

the hearts of all, revealing the living dark

as a council gathers to see us through.

Without doubt can all see,

the shining light of thy pure heart,

I'll follow where your footsteps lead.

Edited by Haelbarde

I've also accounted for the presence of Her Royal Highness, Lady Kiieron.

Her Royal Highness, Lady Kiireon doesn't like having her name misspelled. She keeps muttering something about how retribution is important. I'm not sure what she's talking about, but it sounds like the "reo" needs to be there. :P

Why'd all the poetry start anyway?

Kas decided he didn't want to be lovers with Kipper and has taken to forging a bond with Hael. It seems to be swimmingly for them both, judging by the poetry they keep composing for each other. I think I'm going to echo Meta's request: Get a room, you two.

So Kas is lovers with Kipper? But Kas is cheating on Kipper with Haelbarde? So...

Can you compose more poetry?

EDIT:

Gyorn, if you have a Seon, my friends would like to deal with you. Because "Two Korathi Priests are bad news."

Edited by Winter Cloud

Why'd all the poetry start anyway?

The sun was setting when the court decided to vote. One by one, votes were put forward. While a number abstained from voting, and while some voted in secret, still the majority made a vote. The votes were carefully counted (though bribes and royal commands caused some to be changed). The chief magistrate came to the podium. 

"The votes have been tallied, and the fate of one of us has been sealed."

Guards swiftly took Mailliw, who had garnered almost half of the votes. As he was dragged away, using his last words to attempt to help the other Citizens.

"Kipper's a Keeper of the Secret Tunnels," he called. "Honey's a benevolent pirate. Mushroom didn't say anything." The last bit didn't make total sense, but the rest was clear enough. Kipper came forward, grumbling about his occupation being revealed but still corroborated Mailliw's plan. After he was executed, there were no signs of any misdeeds on Mailliw's body. He hadn't been a Cultist like the whole room had suspected.

The rest of the results of the lynch were then pinned to the door. Everyone clambered around, particularly Haelbarde, trying to ascertain what had happened. One thing stood out as decidedly odd. The whole room had heard Kipper publicly, and repeatedly, accuse Kas of being the enemy. But his vote had been disqualified! Haelbarde interrogated Kipper.

"You're a Keeper. You know secrets. You could have hidden your vote. Did you truly vote for Kas?"

Kipper protested that he was innocent, that he'd not made any unfair use of his position as Keeper of the Secret Tunnels. Willing, for the time, to believe Kipper's innocence, this left but two very similar options. Kas could be the Dula, being so charismatic as to having votes removed from him as everyone loved him just so much, or Kipper and Kas could be in love, and Tulir (the magistrate) knew to stop anything from happening. 

Kas refused to give a straight answer, choosing instead to speak the beautiful poetry for Kipper, but Kipper did not reciprocate. But when Haelbarde decided to cast suspicion on Kas, to find out the truth behind the matter, Kasimir turned to him, withdrawing his gift of poetry from Kipper, instead conveying it to Haelbarde. So taken was he by the poetry, that Haelbarde was powerless to resist, and begun to speak back to Kas in words of rhyme.

And so that was the story of how but a single vote caused the poets tongues to speak.

Her Royal Highness, Lady Kiireon doesn't like having her name misspelled. She keeps muttering something about how retribution is important. I'm not sure what she's talking about, but it sounds like the "reo" needs to be there.  :P

Aaaaaaaaa. Your Excellence, please for give your humble servant, for he does not have a good memory for names, not with everyone have so many. He does not any longer wish to be on any lists, and such a grievous error as to mispronounce the name of whom he seeks to delight is nigh unforgivable. In what form would reparations be acceptable. Perhaps he could compose poetry for Her Amazingness?

Edited by Haelbarde

A MESSAGE TO THE GYORN:

If you have a seon and have not used it yet, my friends, the Jeskeri, are interested in a negotiation. PM me and then I will give you a single name to PM next cycle. Lovers, if any of you have a Seon and have not used it, we offer you a similar deal.

BUT THIS OFFER COMES WITH A TIME LIMIT! Accept before I die or not accept at all!

EDIT:

My friends have decided to make it a code that the gyorn/lover can use in thread. (They know what they're doing, I don't. I'm just passing along a message!)

Edited by Winter Cloud

Wow a lot has happened.  I have been fairly sick as I said in my last post and it has pretty much knocked me on my chull for the last 3 days :(  I am finally starting to feel better and almost am caught up on work so I can pay attention to the game.  

Winter I was actually believing your changed play style was due to your first time GMing.  You actually had me fooled.

I did! That wasn't just to being an eliminator, I legitimately wanted to change my playstyle. Probably would've done it if I was a villager/gyorn/lover too. (or secret role. You know there's a secret role that shows up as a Jeskeri when searched, right? You don't really have to lynch me! :P)

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting. Meta Winter

So, as you can see, Wilson, I had reason to be skeptical of someone else proclaiming to be a Priest. Thus why I doubted (and still doubt. You're definitely going to need to be scanned, IMO. If it turns out that you're clear, then we'll have two Priests we can trust) Phatt's first claims. 

Why not scan Phatt himself? It seems to me that would be a more direct way of verifying Wilson (and Ren).

Is there a kind soul willing to lend me a Seon for a cycle? There's someone I want to contact. (I'm not much of a PM person, so you'd get it back straight away.)

For the record, I think lynching someone because their play has improved isn't a good thing for the community in the long term. And I'm happy to give the occasional Eliminator a free pass (Winter got scanned, so she doesn't count any more :P ) in favour of encouraging the player base to develop.

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting. Meta Winter

Why not scan Phatt himself? It seems to me that would be a more direct way of verifying Wilson (and Ren).

Is there a kind soul willing to lend me a Seon for a cycle? There's someone I want to contact. (I'm not much of a PM person, so you'd get it back straight away.)

For the record, I think lynching someone because their play has improved isn't a good thing for the community in the long term. And I'm happy to give the occasional Eliminator a free pass (Winter got scanned, so she doesn't count any more :P ) in favour of encouraging the player base to develop.

Yay! I was unpredictable!

I'll lend you a Seon if you promise to give it back. Of course, I'd have to be alive for it to be given back...

Hey guys, sorry I have had school and I had to get new frames for my new prescription, so I am still dizzy.

(My new Oculator Lenses, duh I started Alcatraz today, woooooooot)

Okay Winter, you had me fooled, I thought you were good, but nah. 

Edit to Add: I have started taking notes (as promised) but I haven't gotten very far and it's hard to do while watching Daredevil

Edited by The Honey Badger

That is a good point. I likely wasn't going to scan Wilson anyways though. Winter has agreed with Wilson far too many times (and put her down as someone that she trusts in her analysis of all the players last night) for the two of them to likely be working together. I highly doubt Wilson would take the risk of both of them getting found out if one of them did. This is also likely why I didn't see a lot of people standing up for Winter when I accused her in past cycles. The Cultists know what they're doing. I was more curious as to how Wilson would react to the idea, so I could more likely judge whether I was mistaken in my assumption that they wouldn't work so closely together. 

Besides, unless Winter is truly trolling us something fierce (I wouldn't put it past her to be this clever), she and the rest of the Cultists have verified Phatt for us:

Gyorn, if you have a Seon, my friends would like to deal with you. Because "Two Korathi Priests are bad news."

Of course, it could be a trick, but I think they are truly trying to reach out to the Gyorn there; especially since it's an ongoing "offer" by the Cultists. 

Um, Korathi Priests are safe roles.

I missed that. I'm so used to not having any safe roles that I just automatically assumed that they wouldn't be! And here I was trying to go about it being all clever, Winter! Thanks for ruining it for me! :P

EDIT: Besides, we didn't know if Phatt was fake claiming or not. Now, I feel a lot more confident that he's legit. 

Edited by Metacognition

Vote Count: (Kas Notation)

Kasimir{0}: Hael<1><3>

Winter{11}: Meta, Kipper, Winter<1>, Wilson<2>, Lightsworn, Seonid<2>, Araris, Haelbarde<4>, dowanx, twelfth<2>, honey

Meta{1}: Kas<1>, Twelfth<1>Wilson<1>Seonid<1>, Emerald

Phattemer{1}: Winter<2>

------------------

Removed Vote: Hael<2> Kas<2>

Vote Count: (Standard Notation)

Winter{11}: Meta, Kipper, Wilson, Lightsworn, Seonid, Araris, Haelbarde, Dowanx, Twelfth, Honey

Meta{1}: Emerald

Phattemer{1}: Winter

Winter, I think you'd need more than one Seon to buy everyone off. I'm not even sure if there's Seon's enough to by all the votes off.

Edited by Haelbarde

As tempting as it is, Winter, that's not going to be enough.

Is there anyone willing to lend me a Seon for a cycle, though? I'd also like to make a specific contact, and would either return the Seon to its current owner, or, if the current owner wants to be passing it around, I'd pass it on to another player. Thanks in advance.

And thanks for the idea, twelfthrootoftwo.

Wow.  I go away for a day and all sorts of things happen.

Winter.  For what it's worth you had me completely convinced that you weren't a cultist.  Gyorn maybe but not a cultist.