Since it seems like this thread is going to be open for a little longer, I would like to ask Wilson what she means about me. I haven't been in any PMs to say suspicious things, and I have been considerably more active than many other players, especially considering that I have been pretty busy IRL. Also, I have stated my opinion on every major event that has happened in this game, so it isn't as if my lower level of activity should make it hard to come up with a reason to vote for me. Surely there is something that I said at one point or another that is suspicious, but I have found things like that in posts by all of the  "cleared" players. The only thing I can think of that I really haven't done is a full player list analysis, but I have never done that in previous games either. This is almost kind of my "playstyle" since if you look back at the other long games about this time people start to flag me for flying under the radar or something like that.

And maybe Hael has been involved in some of those suspicious PMs that Wilson brought up, but otherwise I think that he had pretty weak reasoning for that vote. I don't really understand what the "problem" Wilson had that he is also facing, but if it has to do with not being sure about people you suspect, I think it is better to go off of your own weak suspicion than to tag along with somebody else's hunch that is based off of PMs you don't even have access to. (Again, assuming that Hael is not the person Wilson is in contact with)

I think it is better to go off of your own weak suspicion than to tag along with somebody else's hunch that is based off of PMs you don't even have access to. 

That is very much fair enough, and I did think afterwards "should have just gone with Bort". But I was out and didn't have the opportunity to change it, so sorry. 

Night 5: An Eye for an Eyepatch

The night before, the court attendants had stayed up late, celebrating their capture of the cultist, Kae. The elation hadn’t lasted long. Around midday, word reached the court attendants that Sienene- who had been among their number just a few days ago, before the Shaod had taken him- had been found dead inside of Elantris with a Jeskeri symbol carved in his chest. Moreover, MenE- Kae’s chief accuser, and who many were beginning to believe was also a clergyman- had been taken by the Shaod just that morning. It was an ominous sign, and seemed to cast a dark cloud over the court’s investigation.

The gossip ran rampant, of course, but few were willing to actually willing to make any serious accusations. In the end, it was decided that Hene Bata was the most suspicious among them. When the guards came for Hene, he didn’t say a word. Instead, he stood, face tight with anger, and turned to glare at the crowd. No… not the crowd. His eyes met those of several of the servants, and he gave a slight, almost imperceptible nod. The servants nodded back, and discreetly exited the room.

An hour later, the group of “servants” reconvened, far outside the walls of the palace, and inside the walls of Elantris.

“Are you sure he’s the one?” one of them growled.

“‘E don’ look like much.” another said, “Don’ see much poin’ in doin’ the deed. Aye, Jatae?”

“Arr, cripple or no, you ‘eard Hene’s orders.” Jatae said, grimly. “And I fer one mean to carry them out!”

Their target, who had once been named Diren before being made Hoed, huddled against the wall. He looked up at them, disoriented. “Pain?” he asked, then sighed. “Yes, pain…”

The pirates closed in, torches held high.

Hene Bata was a Pirate! His Seon, Opa, was lost!
Diren was an
Elantrian Cultist!

Vote Tally
Clankii (Clanky): 2 (Arfear Quinn, Duke Pifferdan)
Edaan (Alvron): 2 (Dow, Nathanael)
Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian): 1 (Edrab Leah)
Hene Bata (The Honey Badger): 3 (Gerald Hobbes, Clankii, Edaan)
Kaian (Kasimir): 0 (Kaian)
Redodaa Tialehe (ostrichofevil): 1 (Won LenReen)
Liala (Luckat): 1 (Hene Bata)
Borter Clams (Bort): 1 (Sheon Idris)

Updated Player List

1. Edrab Leah (Haelbarde)

2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

3. Mainem (Mckeedee123)

4. Gerald Hobbes (Kipper)

5. Clankii (Clanky)

6. Edaan (Alvron)

7. Dow (dowanx)

8. Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian)

9. Duke Pifferdan (Emerald 101)

10. Clancy (lord Claincy Ffnord)

11. Kaian (Kasimir)

12. Redodaa Tialehe (ostrichofevil)

13. Kiireon (little wilson)

14. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

15. Nathanael (Wyrmhero)

16. Sheon Idris (Seonid)

17. Tehen (twelfthrootoftwo)

18. Won LenReen (A Smart Guy)

19. Liala (Luckat)

Elantrians

1. Neo (neodymium)

2. Riingar (Renegade)

3. Borter Clams (Bort)

4. MenE (Metacognition)

The Deceased

1. Fernarnia (Feligon) Keeper of the Secret Tunnels

2. King Walin (spencer12347) Debtor
  3. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Citizen

4. Maisao (Mailliw73) Citizen

5. Kae (Winter Cloud) Jeskeri Cultist

6. Sienene (phattemer) Korathi Priest, Elantrian

7. Hene Bata (The Honey Badger) Pirate

8. Diren (Zas678)-Hoed Jeskeri Cultist, Elantrian

Pinch Hitters

1. Wyrmhero

2. A Smart Guy

3. Emerald 101

4. Silverblade5

EDIT: Night 5 now begins! PMs are on their way.

Edited by Herowannabe

Game Quicklinks
  • Signups
  • Day 1 - Fel/Mek Lynched.
  • Night 1 - Orlok Killed, Zas converted.
  • Day 2 - Spencer Lynched.
  • Night 2 - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly Cultist target.
  • Day 3 - Mailliw73 Lynched.
  • Night 3 - Bort was poisoned, someone else saved from Cultists.
  • Day 4 - Winter discovered to be a Cultist and Lynched. Wyrmhero and Emerald join the game.
  • Night 4 - Phattemer killed, Meta probably poisoned.
  • Day 5 - Honey Badger, a Citizen Pirate, was lynched. His hostage, Zas (a Cultist), died with him.

Well I guess we don't have to worry about scanning Zas any longer. So thank you Honey for saving us a lynch.

EDIT:

My vote tally:

Vote Tally 

Clanky{2}: Araris, Emerald

Alvron{2}: Wyrm, dowanx

Araris{1}: Haelbarde

Honey Badger{3}: Clanky, Kipper, Alvron
Kasimir{?}: Kasimir

Ostrich{1}: a smart guy

Luckat{1}: Honey Badger

Bort{1}: Seonid

As far as I can see, no vote shennanigans.

Edited by Haelbarde

Well, then, Thomas. Ask Hreo if a player's vote on themselves really counts. Scrutinise the tallies carefully to make sure there are no holes for me to have made a Keeper vote. And it would be the greatest of narcissisms to be Lovers with myself.

I am the Dula. Kolo?

Well, that offsets the lynch of an innocent quite handily. Means we can drop the question of where the leak came from too, which is nice and simplifies things a bit for us.

Remember that the person being Pirate'd does not know who their captor is, therefore Zas' death here cannot be used to clear any of the people who voted for Honey badger. I find it a little interesting that two of the people who voted for him were also potentially up for the lynch.

At what point do we need to start worrying about the Shu-Dereth people? Do we have a plan for them, at all?

Well, that offsets the lynch of an innocent quite handily. Means we can drop the question of where the leak came from too, which is nice and simplifies things a bit for us.

Remember that the person being Pirate'd does not know who their captor is, therefore Zas' death here cannot be used to clear any of the people who voted for Honey badger. I find it a little interesting that two of the people who voted for him were also potentially up for the lynch.

At what point do we need to start worrying about the Shu-Dereth people? Do we have a plan for them, at all?

Honestly? No storming idea. The same way we always do, I guess. Discussion and elimination. I've talked to Hreo about this but poison cannot be used to reveal roles. If hit with poison, the Gyorn still ends up in Elantris. (Which makes sense, flavour-wise.) Basically, the main person able to find the Gyorn and the Odiv is pretty much the Priest, which is why I guess we had two of them.

But as I said, a process of elimination can help us here. All converts and people cleared by Priest scans cannot be the Gyorn. The Odiv can only be a convert. That gives us two non-overlapping pools of (surviving) people to look at. We may as well talk about it a little now, since there's time. And then get back to the matter of the Cultists.

For those who would prefer circumspection about Meta's vocation, I've used asterisks to mark those cleared by Meta. You can simply remove these people from your cleared pool.

Confirmed Non-Gyorns

1. Kas [Proven Dula, and therefore cannot be the Gyorn.]

2. Ren [Elantrian]

3. Neo [Elantrian]

4. Wilson [Queen, cleared by confirmed Priest]

5. Luckat [Convert]

6. Meta [if he's carrying out an intricate con, he cannot be the Gyorn, since that would require him to be a Cultist.]

7.* Twei [Cleared by Meta]

8. *Mek [Cleared by Meta, outed by Maili.]

9. **Kipper [Outed by Maili]--At this point, I'd note that it may be good to ask Kipper to use his epic Keeper powers to place a vote somewhere. If we can confirm him as a Keeper, this would effectively confirm him as a non-Gyorn role.

Gyorn suspect pool: M'Hael, Jain, Mek*, Kipper**, Clanky, Alv, Dow, Araris, Piff/Em, Claincy, Ostrich, Karlin, Aonar/Wyrm, Seonid, Wonko/Sart, Twei*, Bort.

Not substantially thinner. But as conversions go on, the Shaod wreaks its damage and with the Cultists dead, we may need to start relying on proving roles to cut the pool down even further. (I suppose we could start with most of the Cultists dead, but I generally dislike the idea of outing roles when Eliminators are around. Must I really say that again? >>)

Odiv suspect pool: Luckat, Wilson

Thankfully, this is much smaller. We're just going to have to keep a very sharp eye on them and apply discussion. While a second conversion would be a sign that there is an Odiv, I suspect that we will likely not get that warning sign until very late in the game. Consequently, although we don't even know if there is an Odiv at the moment, it's good to keep that in mind.

-

On a strategic note:

1. Please, if you have a Seon, remember to declare an heir! Let's not have another case like Hufflepuff, where both Seon and person goes down together. That's not helpful to anyone. You don't have to pick someone cleared, just pick someone you trust.

2. If the holder of Seon Ien has so far failed to come forward for scanning, it seems to me to suggest that Ien has, in fact, gone to a Cultist.

3. Guys, can we not concentrate Seons in one person, please? If you have more than one Seon, please consider passing it on. Right now, the Shaod is hitting one person at a time. Let's not put all our eggs in one basket since communication with Elantris is essential. If you go down to the Shaod, so do your Seons, unless we get lucky and Elantris gets restored.

4. Other Seon-users, I'd appreciate it if one more contacts Elantris during the days and reports to the thread, just in case. As mentioned, I have given away my Seon, so I may not be able to do so any longer. Thank you.

Edit: Color editor Awakened my text, apparently.

Edit 2: I can probably just post a running update of this list each cycle. Even if the Derethi aren't a current priority, probably good to keep an eye on them. Or, as Mek says--"We can do all the things. That is just what is going to happen."

Edit 3: Okay. Not really feeling all that well today, and I'm going to have to take meds that will knock me out. For that reason, I may be missing the rest of the Night. Just in case: Ren, with regard to our conversation: I've narrowed it down to one of these--<M'Hael, Wyrm/Aonar, Claincy, Karlin, Seonid, Meta> in order of likeliness.

Edited by Kasimir

Ok, I'm back. (Had a good weekend, though I've had insufficient sleep and am in a fair amount of pain from my head and from a mouth ulcer *sigh*) I have an exam day after tomorrow but some available time before then.

That wasn't ideal, but when you get down to it it wasn't that bad overall. Losing Honey aint good, but at least he had Zas for his hostage so that gives us final confirmation of his evilness and we now don't have to lynch him later.

I honestly don't know how useful this information will be, but Honey used his seon to contact me during day 4 (I don't know who he has contacted since).

• He wanted to discuss suspicions and noted he had some (small) suspicion of Meta but thought that might have been because of LG11.
  • I noted that I thought Zas was and wasn't certain of Bort (at the time) though I suspected he was and that we'd know for certain sooner rather than later.
  • I also mentioned my suspicions of Ostrich and Karlin
  • He agreed that Ostrich was suspicious
  • He confirmed he was A Pirate and told me he had taken Zas hostage (Though I cautioned against confirming his role without serious consideration as some people might not have believed Maill/him in the past.)
  • He told me he was Spencer's heir
  • and he proposed a code for communicating with me (kind of useless now)

Wilson was converted after Bort was poisoned, correct? This would then suggest that either Luckat is Odiv, or Bort is not Gyorn. I guess that either is possible, but I suspect that the latter is more likely. I guess we'll find out soon enough if Bort gets scanned by Meta.

Wilson was converted after Bort was poisoned, correct? This would then suggest that either Luckat is Odiv, or Bort is not Gyorn. I guess that either is possible, but I suspect that the latter is more likely. I guess we'll find out soon enough if Bort gets scanned by Meta.

Noted and good catch. I'll add the adjustment to tomorrow's list.

Personally, I highly doubt that there's an Odiv running around right now. The Convert list is too small (there's only two Converts now), and the chance of losing the Odiv is too large. Other than a free PM, there's nothing to gain by electing an Odiv so early.

Err... Would anyone mind if I tried to do an analysis on Convert numbers, and the likelihood of the Gyorn winning? I don't want a repeat of what happened last time I tried to do something like this.

What do you mean, Jain? A repeat of last time? I'm assuming this is referring to some game I wasn't in?

I don't see a problem with that. Is it harmful at all.

In other news, I have reincarnated as a Scadrian Waffle Cook after Chaos merged me.

What do you mean, Jain? A repeat of last time? I'm assuming this is referring to some game I wasn't in?

He's referring to the start of Night 1 of this game, where he put some thought into what the Gyorn could be planning. He's asking in advance this time because last time a number of people came down hard on him for giving the Gyorn suggestions.

Day 6: Silhouette

The followers of Jeskeri crept through the hallway, their only source of light coming from a torch at one intersection. Their leader gestured, and when they reached the torch they quietly snuffed it out. Now they stood in almost complete pitch blackness. The only light now was the faint moonlight that came from a small a slender arrow slit at the end of the corridor, just barely enough light to outline the hallway. Silently, they proceeded down the hall towards their target’s room.

Somebody stepped out into the hallway ahead of them, silhouetted against the faint moonlight.

“Kill him, too,” the leader of the cultists hissed, and swords rasped against hilts as they were drawn. The silhouetted figure had no weapon, but dropped back into a combat stance all the same, arms beginning to move through practiced forms before the cultists even came near.

A cultist reached the figure, swinging for his head. The figure ducked underneath the blade. Another cultist thrust at his midsection, but the figure had already sidestepped. The first cultist tried to swing again, but the shadowed warrior stepped too close, driving his hip and shoulder into the cultist, knocking him off balance. The second one stabbed again, and the figure slapped the blade aside with its bare hand.

The strange warrior was moving faster and faster now, and his fists and feet began to emit a faint glow, visible only because of the extreme darkness of the corridor. The figure was in the midst of the cultists now, whirling and ducking, blocking and dodging. He began lashing out, no longer moving defensively. A fist connected with a cultists temple, sending it staggering back. A foot met another’s midsection, knocking the cultist to the ground. A slap sent a sword flying, and the weapon clattered noisily against the stone floor.

“What was that?” a muffled voice called from one of the nearby rooms.

“It came from the hallway... fighting?”

The lead cultist swore. “Retreat!” he hissed, “Let’s get out of here!”

The cultists scrambled away, leaving the figure standing alone in the hallway. The enigmatic warrior breathed a sigh of relief. Not a drop of blood had been spilled this night.

Edaan woke at sunrise, as his soldier’s training had taught him to do. He was famished. Sure, a soldier was always hungry, but Edaan was especially so this morning. It must be a result of all the stress and tension lately.

He got out of bed, did his morning stretches, and set out to find the kitchens. It only took him a minute, and then he was pushing the door open.
“Excuse me, could I trouble you for a-” He trailed off.

The cooking staff stared back at him, faces horrified. The serving girl closest to him screamed and dropped the silver platter she was carrying. Edaan’s heart dropped, and he stooped down to peer at his reflection in the fallen serving platter, already knowing what he would see.

In Elantris, Borter Clams awoke slowly. He let out a jaw-cracking yawn, and scratched the stubble on his chin.

Wait a second, he thought, I have stubble!

Minutes later, he was pounding on the city gates, proclaiming to the guards that he had been healed.

The Jindo Warrior prevented the Cultists from killing their target!
Edaan (Alvron) was taken by
the Shaod!

Borter recovered from the Shaod (Poison)!

Updated Player List

1. Edrab Leah (Haelbarde)

2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

3. Mainem (Mckeedee123)

4. Gerald Hobbes (Kipper)

5. Clankii (Clanky)

6. Dow (dowanx)

7. Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian)

8. Duke Pifferdan (Emerald 101)

9. Clancy (lord Claincy Ffnord)

10. Kaian (Kasimir)

11. Redodaa Tialehe (ostrichofevil)

12. Kiireon (little wilson)

13. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

14. Nathanael (Wyrmhero)

15. Sheon Idris (Seonid)

16. Tehen (twelfthrootoftwo)

17. Won LenReen (A Smart Guy)

18. Liala (Luckat)

19. Borter Clams (Bort)

Elantrians

1. Neo (neodymium)

2. Riingar (Renegade)

3. MenE (Metacognition)

4. Edaan (Alvron)

The Deceased

1. Fernarnia (Feligon) Keeper of the Secret Tunnels

2. King Walin (spencer12347) Debtor
  3. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Citizen

4. Maisao (Mailliw73) Citizen

5. Kae (Winter Cloud) Jeskeri Cultist

6. Sienene (phattemer) Korathi Priest, Elantrian

7. Hene Bata (The Honey Badger) Pirate

8. Diren (Zas678)-Hoed Jeskeri Cultist, Elantrian

Pinch Hitters

1. Wyrmhero

2. A Smart Guy

3. Emerald 101

4. Silverblade5

Day 6 now begins! PMs are on their way!

Game Quicklinks
  • Signups
  • Day 1 - Fel/Mek Lynched.
  • Night 1 - Orlok Killed, Zas converted.
  • Day 2 - Spencer Lynched.
  • Night 2 - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly Cultist target.
  • Day 3 - Mailliw73 Lynched.
  • Night 3 - Bort was poisoned, someone else saved from Cultists.
  • Day 4 - Winter discovered to be a Cultist and Lynched. Wyrmhero and Emerald join the game.
  • Night 4 - Phattemer killed, Meta probably poisoned.
  • Day 5 - Honey Badger, a Citizen Pirate, was lynched. His hostage, Zas (a Cultist), died with him.
  • Night 5 - Jindo Warrior prevents the Cultist killing, Alvron taken by Shaod, Bort returns from Elantris.
  • Day 6 - Present Day

I'm touched that you all decided to wait for me to get home so I could post my links before saying anything. :D

Well done Jindo Priest(s). Welcome back Bort, I guess... Was it Alvron who said he wished he could go to Elantris?

EDIT:

Believe it or not I would love to end up in Elantris.  The secrets hidden there intrigue me.  I am looking forward to the end game just so I can see what Hero/Tulir came up with.

Link. It was indeed Alvron who admitted he wanted to go to Elantris. Probably coincidence though. Edited by Haelbarde

Well, those were not the results I expected. I assume a Jindo Warrior didn't protect Meta when the Cultists were expecting the Warriors to protect him. Things are not going well for them. They should pick their targets better. :P

The newest convert to Shu-Dereth is Kas. I feel it's only a matter of time before Kas starts composing poetry to the Gyorn. I dread the day that happens....

So, I'm going to start the voting early. Bort, what do you have tip say about your vote on phattemer while you were in Elantris?

EDIT: Color

Edited by Seonid

Hey, Seonid, you can do color on mobile by text [/color*] without the *'s.

I am going to vote for Clanky.

As for Clanky, again focusing on the Mailliw lynch, I found it fairly suspicious that he voted for Mailliw without his own reasons before the lynch was clear-cut. At that time, Honey Badger had two votes and Mailliw had 3, so Clanky kind of sealed the deal. It seems like most of the votes on Mailliw starting with Clanky didn't have too much reasoning behind them, but the next two were from people confirmed to be good, so I blame Clanky the most for that lynch happening the way it did.

That is what I said last cycle, and he never responded, so my vote is gonna stay the same.

Edit: Vote color and crossing out things that aren't true

Edited by Araris Valerian

I am going to vote for Clanky.

That is what I said last cycle, and he never responded, so my vote is gonna stay the same.

Actually I did respond. I don't have the greatest reasoning but this is what I said:

"I haven't been able to spend as much time as I wanted on this game but I have a little time now so I will share my thoughts. As for the people who calling out on my vote on maill as suspicious I can understand that. I voted for maill after reading Wilsons analysis which is what convinced me. I suppose I could have added a few sentences of analysis but it mostly would have been repeats of what others said."

The newest convert to Shu-Dereth is Kas. I feel it's only a matter of time before Kas starts composing poetry to the Gyorn. I dread the day that happens....

Funny you mention that... :P

To the Gyorn:

Dear Gyorn,

I'm rather flattered that you've shortlisted me out of all the applicants to join the pool of suitably passionate and fun-loving candidates under consideration for the position of your Odiv. I mean, who wouldn't want to end up having to betray Team Arelon and having to fulfill every single one of your desires? However, I must respectfully decline. As I understand it, I am currently engaged in a most rewarding job, with decent benefits (such as a free health-scan by the Korathi priest!) and a very high job satisfaction level. I have no desire to change my job occupation.

I understand you must be in a very difficult position, what with about nineteen odd people trying to slaughter you. Well, eighteen, I suppose. Excluding yourself. To make your decision easier, I've attached my resume to this letter.

Kas's Resume:

Personal Information:

Nice try. Nope.

Executive Summary:

-Intense and driven Team Village player; does poorly on Team Evil.

-Loathes betrayal; is a poor liar. In particular, easily detected by Wyrm, Ren, Meta, and Wilson.

-Proven track record of paranoia; knows little sensitive information and insists on keeping it that way.

-Poor history of play as a third party conversion faction: died early in the game.

-Proactive attitude: fully believes in proactively sabotaging self before self can be converted. A student of the school of Awes and Alv.

-Demonstrated organisational acumen coupled with poor problem-solving abilities under pressure.

-Skilled communicator, with excellent summarising skills, but slipshod and shoddy analytic skills.

-Master of sophistry but impractical at Sanderson Elimination.

Key Skills:

-Trolling

-Sophistry

-Summarising and communicating information

-Multiple language fluency

-Sarcasm

-Strong sense of honour and fairness

-Dying

-Sacrificing self

-TK/Friendly Fire

Professional Experience:

1. QF6:

-Played as the Cryptologist

-Trolled Team Stephen with long walls of text.

Significant achievements: Almost wound up TKing Meta.

2. AG:

-Played as a Regular

-Ended up losing on being the First Death [Roadkill] to Alv. By one cycle.

3. MR4:

-Played as King's Wit

-Failed personal objective, deciding to forgo win condition in favour of helping Team Dalinar.

Significant achievements: TKed Meta, almost TKed Wilson. Victim of psychological manipulation.

4. LG6:

-Played as Padan Fain, a conversion Eliminator.

-Was killed within three cycles, due to personal own-goaling.

-Failed at manipulation and never betrayed Village.

Significant achievements: Earned title of 'Good Guy Fain'.

5. MR1:

-Played as a True Voidbringer (Seeker)

-Was killed early on in the game but refused to die.

-Was thoroughly manipulated by Wyrm and betrayed.

Significant achievements: Major dupe.

6. LG5:

-Played as an Eliminator (Ghostblood)

-Spent most of the game doing nothing and listening to Awes and Alv.

-No sense of initiative.

Significant achievements: Peed self when talking to Wyrm and Meta and gave away own allegiances.

All in all, thank you for your consideration. But you must now see why I am, overall, a very poor fit for your organisation. In addition, I'm extremely irreverent, which is a strict 'no-no' in the hierarchical organisational structure your organisation favours and directly contravenes your core values. For these reasons, I recommend you take your search elsewhere. In particular, I should add I've taken precautions against being appointed to a position I never wanted. There are some trusted sources who know what will indicate my forced defection, and who will act on this information. These will lead to my execution should I, at any point, fail to comply :) (Thanks for the idea, Awes.)

Good luck with your ongoing job search, and I respectfully wish you a pleasant stay in Kae.

Kind regards,

Kasimir.

Edit: Finally got the spoiler tags to work right! :D

Edited by Kasimir