1 hour ago, Drake Inferno said:

You got it! Sorry, very new to this forum and a little confused.

What action would you have submitted last night, had you remembered to? What're you thinking of doing today? 

2 hours ago, STINK said:

Anyone willing to do SCP style containment on Shards?

What's SCP? 

33 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Secure Contain Protect, with a side order of everyone in an orange suit dies.

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/

will edit my reads list im working on into this if i need to

edit: someone say something so i dont have to edit my reads list into this :(

edit 2: ok whatever here we go: reads!

The Known Novel - not particularly V vibes tbh. 

Kasimir - V. 

The Wandering Wizard - maybe this is because we’re only on d1, but really not that much of importance to the game. Most substantial post so far would be the rules analisis haiku.  null-

Fifth Scholar - gut is saying v but rereading the posts makes me feel null. Null w a very slight +, maybe?

Szeth_Pancakes - i cant getty a read on them :(

|TJ| - i need to get better lmao, again struggling to get any sort of read. Maybe a null+ because of the way they interact with the thread?

DeTess - would dislike them getting exed rn, their posts seem V. that being said i have no meta on them so that could def change my read.

Archer - I do think the ‘starting researcher’ thing was a rules misreading, but im still unsure of the fifth vote and hesitance around voting mat and drake. Im getting good vibes from certain posts anf not great vibes with others, but i dont want to exe archer today.

JNV - null+/mild V

-i just realized how many more of these i have to do, so expect shorter reads lol-

xinoehp512 - the two posts arent giving me the greatest vibes but neither of them are from d1 so i’ll hold off

The Last Fæ - true null bc of lack of contribution

DrakeMarshall - tentative v

Matrim's Dice - null+

Sart - null, the one post we have doesnt have bad vibes but its from n0 so

STINK - null+, not a lot to go off of but not pinging my evildar. Most recent post is giving me gut v

Elandera - tentative v

Araris Valerian - null due to lack of stuff i can read?

Drake Inferno - null due to lack of stuff. I cant newbie clear the mess up of posting in the wrong thread when i won my first game bc i asked questions in thread and such :P

TheAlpha929 - the ‘this game is terrifying me’ is a bit iffy but it could also be ‘oh no elims might kill me’ so idk. Null? Ok wait but then the claim. What. idek. null+

Channelknight Fadran - null

Edited by Turtle

As promised (if albeit a bit later than promised...)

Reasons I voted DeTess, which I just had to remind myself of:

• I don't like a few things in her first post (namely, asking to be contacted by Ruin and the reasons behind her saying she'd vote me). I also don't love her Archer read as it feels like she's just drawing on the most recent thing as a way to get reads, but I'm more okay with that as DeTess is returning and so only has so much meta to draw on, and doesn't really know Archer's meta anyway.
  • That's pretty much it
    • I could argue that her engagement thusfar matches better with her recent e game than her recent v game, but eh

I wonder how possible it is for Alpha to have converted Drake, and then staged this as a way to 'clear' Alpha from having converted.

He found a room. It was unoccupied, too, which was a bonus. Brockett would have kicked out some low-blow researcher had no dorms been available, but he was relieved it wouldn't come to that. It would have been... annoying.

He sighed, sitting down on the plush mattress. Would have been annoying. What had come of him? There had been a time when he was kind, when he wasn't tied down by unseen cords. Freed by Ruin, of all things.

And now Ruin was free. Brockett really didn't know what to think about that. Didn't know whether to seek after his old friend, or stay as far away as possible. The Shard was more dangerous than people realized. If the Vessel wasn't in control, well... they could destroy worlds.

They can destroy worlds while in control, too, Brockett thought. Remembering that day, Roshar's last. Maybe the cosmere had tried to forget, attempted to rebuild by fixing up Ashyn and pretending it was really a new Roshar-- all the way down to the renaming of the planet-- but Brockett wasn't afraid to admit the truth. What had happened was too real to do otherwise. And the reality of it scared him.

Time to get to work.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Flawless continuity justification, explaining perfectly how Brockett could have destroyed Roshar previously while still allowing Roshar to be in the game :P You're welcome everyone

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

i need to get better lmao, again struggling to get any sort of read.

if ur struggling to come up with a read on D1, and you have the clarity to just admit "I don't actually know with this person" instead of inventing a read because you feel you ought to have one or something, I'd argue you might be better at the game than u think

a reads list is still a good exercise to organize where you place each person, even the ones you don't quite know about, but i dont think its actually very possible to have a read of everyone as early as D1

that is all of the Drake takes i have for now, i will now retreat to my exciting PM conversations

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I wonder how possible it is for Alpha to have converted Drake, and then staged this as a way to 'clear' Alpha from having converted.

It's not impossible imho, but it feels like it would be too likely to backfire? Like, that claim risks getting counterclaimed in a number of ways, such as someone using endowment on Alpha tonight and finding they still have Investiture on them, or even just someone deciding to shoot Alpha with Odium to see if they are truly out of Investiture.

edit: btw, Mat, if you are currently village (and I am somewhat leaning that way just based on vibes, despite any grudges I may or may not hold), then I really feel like there is a significant difference with last game. Of course, if you aren't then you're doing a pretty good job at suppressing what people seem to think are your tells.

Edited by DeTess

13 minutes ago, DeTess said:

edit: btw, Mat, if you are currently village (and I am somewhat leaning that way just based on vibes, despite any grudges I may or may not hold), then I really feel like there is a significant difference with last game. Of course, if you aren't then you're doing a pretty good job at suppressing what people seem to think are your tells.

How so? Serious question as that point in particular was weak and I was hoping to explore it more. Would appreciate your self meta there.

50 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

How so? Serious question as that point in particular was weak and I was hoping to explore it more. Would appreciate your self meta there.

It's mostly the point that has been brought up a couple of times (not just by me) about how you seem to go on the defensive very quickly when you are an elim, even against joke votes or similar, and you're really not doing that this game as far as I can tell.

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/

will edit my reads list im working on into this if i need to

edit: someone say something so i dont have to edit my reads list into this :(

edit 2: ok whatever here we go: reads!

The Known Novel - not particularly V vibes tbh. 

Kasimir - V. 

The Wandering Wizard - maybe this is because we’re only on d1, but really not that much of importance to the game. Most substantial post so far would be the rules analisis haiku.  null-

Fifth Scholar - gut is saying v but rereading the posts makes me feel null. Null w a very slight +, maybe?

Szeth_Pancakes - i cant getty a read on them :(

|TJ| - i need to get better lmao, again struggling to get any sort of read. Maybe a null+ because of the way they interact with the thread?

DeTess - would dislike them getting exed rn, their posts seem V. that being said i have no meta on them so that could def change my read.

Archer - I do think the ‘starting researcher’ thing was a rules misreading, but im still unsure of the fifth vote and hesitance around voting mat and drake. Im getting good vibes from certain posts anf not great vibes with others, but i dont want to exe archer today.

JNV - null+/mild V

-i just realized how many more of these i have to do, so expect shorter reads lol-

xinoehp512 - the two posts arent giving me the greatest vibes but neither of them are from d1 so i’ll hold off

The Last Fæ - true null bc of lack of contribution

DrakeMarshall - tentative v

Matrim's Dice - null+

Sart - null, the one post we have doesnt have bad vibes but its from n0 so

STINK - null+, not a lot to go off of but not pinging my evildar. Most recent post is giving me gut v

Elandera - tentative v

Araris Valerian - null due to lack of stuff i can read?

Drake Inferno - null due to lack of stuff. I cant newbie clear the mess up of posting in the wrong thread when i won my first game bc i asked questions in thread and such :P

TheAlpha929 - the ‘this game is terrifying me’ is a bit iffy but it could also be ‘oh no elims might kill me’ so idk. Null? Ok wait but then the claim. What. idek. null+

Channelknight Fadran - null

Beep bop I'm a summary bot and I reduced this post by 90%:

Kasimir - v

Thanks you for the link though :P. 

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

As promised (if albeit a bit later than promised...)

Reasons I voted DeTess, which I just had to remind myself of:

• I don't like a few things in her first post (namely, asking to be contacted by Ruin and the reasons behind her saying she'd vote me). I also don't love her Archer read as it feels like she's just drawing on the most recent thing as a way to get reads, but I'm more okay with that as DeTess is returning and so only has so much meta to draw on, and doesn't really know Archer's meta anyway.
  • That's pretty much it

Did you catch the white text in her post asking to be contacted by Ruin saying lol this is a joke? 

The problem with e!Archer reads is I can see where on a quiet D1, I'm a decent target for a villager who doesn't want to think too hard about things right now. If I were DeTess, I'd be voting me. Maybe not with the gusto of TJ, but I would

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

'If you're a villager, I told you so' is an interesting contribution 

Ruin was loose.

Evgeny shook his head, slowly. They had decided it was worth the risk, of course. The destroyer of worlds, loose.

Ruin was an immense destructive force. So naturally, the 17th wanted it loose as soon as possible.

He stared at the small pile on the bed. So much of a life spent with the 17th, containing the Evils of the power of God himself. All for nothing now as they willingly releaed what should have been contained in the name of the one which had escaped. Fear, Evgeny thought. Fear cut the deepest, in the end.

A wise fear. But still fear, no less. Still so very destructive. Worse to come now, with those clamouring for Hatred himself to be released next.

In the end, he was bringing surprisingly little. Roshar first, for the highstorm raves. Perhaps others would come. Perhaps not. 

The Nalthian tablet chimed. 

Evgeny ignored it at first. But it kept on chiming.

Persistent to a fault.

He went over, picked it up and unlocked it, accepting the call.

"Zhenya," said Ayadis. "It is true then? You are leaving Silverlight?"

"Yes."

There was too much left unsaid. He watched her red mask instead. Wondered how many masks you could go through, over the process over a conversation like this one. Better off keeping it simple. 

"In a time like this? Of all times?"

"Yes," he said again. So it was disappointment, then. 

"Why?"

"We do not set free that which was meant to be contained, Ayadis. You know this."

"Autonomy is a danger," Ayadis said. "Whoever released that Shard..."

"I know. And Ruin is no less one. Neither is the Shard of God's own Hatred. I understand the necessity that drives Frost, Ayadis." He smiled, cold and bitter. "After all, we are capable of doing a great many monstrous things in the name of necessity, are we not?"

There would be blood. Maybe even his, if the hard questions came.

"You question Frost's decisions then?"

"With respect. My loyalties have remain unchanged since the day I joined."

Ayadis hesitated.

"It is true, then," Evgeny said. "Some have been suborned. Or you would not question."

"Yes."

"It is well," Evgeny said, dispassionately, "That I plan to be gone within the day."

"Where are you going?"

"To a place with a long memory."

9 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:
  Reveal hidden contents

well, the cow is not a salmon, and I find it dishonorable >:P

I will choose to ignore that statement >:P

well if fifth is confused about what this game is you can tell him its chess >:P

Knight to H3.

Alpha is being truthful FWIW.

Spoiler

Shortest PM ever sorry.

Fought the pain to get some RP posted.

drake - kas
1. d4 - Nf6
2. f3 - g6
3. e4 - d5
4. Nc3 - e6
5. e5 - Nfd7
5. Nh3 - c5

Edited by Kasimir

8 hours ago, Archer said:

E!Alpha who gave up a protection item for village clout? I can see them having learned to play sub optimally mechanically to get shielded from votes. But it's also a really bad move to not convert someone N0. I'm leaning village on Alpha because of it

aaaa i was on phone and misread their post, thought they intended to target drake the following turn, not that they already did. 

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Hide contents

Shortest PM ever sorry.

Fought the pain to get some RP posted.

drake - kas
1. d4 - Nf6
2. f3 - g6
3. e4 - d5
4. Nc3 - e6
5. e5 - Nfd7
5. Nh3 - c5

Spoiler

It was good RP.

Reminds me that I wanted to do some as well, I did sign up with an RP character in mind. But you know how it is, RP is hard to muster sometimes >>

Bishop to B5.

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

It's mostly the point that has been brought up a couple of times (not just by me) about how you seem to go on the defensive very quickly when you are an elim, even against joke votes or similar, and you're really not doing that this game as far as I can tell.

Oh wait, I thought you meant that your game so far has been different from your e game, and that you were responding to me mentioning that I kinda thought your play was more like your e game than your v game. Never mind :P.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Did you catch the white text in her post asking to be contacted by Ruin saying lol this is a joke? 

Hmm. No, I didn’t. Thanks.

I’m going to vote on STINK. I’m thinking a conversion role would want to encourage wariness toward releasing shards.

I’m currently trying to think through how to actually play this game given all the alignment changing that’s likely to happen. It does appear to be more of a faction game, though exeing Hoid/Khriss right away would change that.

My gut is that the bulk of this game is going to take place through actions/docs/PMs rather than in the thread, especially once things kick off a bit more.

26 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m going to vote on STINK. I’m thinking a conversion role would want to encourage wariness toward releasing shards.

Don’t 2/3 conversion roles require shards to be released for half their wincon?

This is the current VC, iirc:

• (3) ArcherFifth Scholar|TJ|DeTess
  • (2) The Bald BrandonArcherSzeth_Pancakes
  • (2) DeTessMatrim's DiceSart
  • (1) Matrim's Dice: The Wandering Wizard
  • (1) StinkAraris Valerian

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

there... aren't any traditional elims here, right? What metric have people been voting on?

yup, its a conversion game with factions sorta. when i vote, it will be based on 'who is giving not researcher vibes'.

also the urge to vote detess for the lols is strong, but there's no way a 3 way tie lasts till 1am my time. i hope.