Quick Fix 65: More Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

I would recommend to anyone who is confused to read through the original run of this game. I just did, and everything makes a lot more sense now :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice
‘Everything’ instead of ‘everyone’ lol

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I would recommend to anyone who is confused to read through the original run of this game. I just did, and everything makes a lot more sense now :P 

Alternatively, you could do what works best for me with any absurdly complex games: skim the rules and figure out what’s going on through context clues! :P

I kid, I did give my approval for this game. So I definitely understood it at one point in time. Just still having trouble completely grasping it. But I’ll get there. 

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I'm now realizing that Faleast is going to get one heck of a lootbox if the Methods and Evidences are a similar pool of items.

You can see what's available on the setup tab of the linked spreadsheet. There's some pretty nifty stuff there. Of course, some of the Methods are a bit abstract to be collectible.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

Sigh, you are gonna make me sign up as JJ, aren't you? xD I guess that works... unless you have directed a Star Wars trilogy and split the entire fan base, but that's not me :P. 

(yes sign me up as JJ)

Just be Jean Valjean and play the game in song >>

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Sigh, you are gonna make me sign up as JJ, aren't you? xD I guess that works... unless you have directed a Star Wars trilogy and split the entire fan base, but that's not me :P. 

I'd argue that JarJar is higher on the tier list of divisive individuals in that vein. 

I'll change my name to be Star Wars themed as well. My character's full name will be Jello There. 

8 hours ago, Telrao said:

Hullo! Uhm... could I please join as a spectator? This game seems pretty fun, but I don't got no time ta play!

*throws muffins spontaneously because I dunno what to say :P*

Sure!

I'm copying the player list below to ping everyone, since the signups had a typo on the start date. The game starts this coming Thursday the 16th.

Spoiler
  1. @xinoehp512 - Jacob
  2. @JNV - Jen
  3. @Cinnamon - Jude
  4. @The Wandering Wizard - Jango
  5. @The Known Novel - Jounger Gerri
  6. @StrikerEZ - Jariel
  7. @Ashbringer - Jekyl
  8. @Sart - Jerome
  9. @Matrim's Dice - Jatrim
  10. @Amanuensis - J'aman
  11. @Kasimir - Jean-Guy Chrétien
  12. @Archer - Jello
  13. @|TJ| - JJ
  14. @The Bookwyrm - Jerald
  15. @Fifth Scholar - Just Judge Jehoshaphat

22 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Sure!

I'm copying the player list below to ping everyone, since the signups had a typo on the start date. The game starts this coming Thursday the 16th.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. @xinoehp512 - Jacob
  2. @JNV - Jen
  3. @Cinnamon - Jude
  4. @The Wandering Wizard - Jango
  5. @The Known Novel - Jounger Gerri
  6. @StrikerEZ - Jariel
  7. @Ashbringer - Jekyl
  8. @Sart - Jerome
  9. @Matrim's Dice - Jatrim
  10. @Amanuensis - J'aman
  11. @Kasimir - Jean-Guy Chrétien
  12. @Archer - Jello
  13. @|TJ| - JJ
  14. @The Bookwyrm - Jerald
  15. @Fifth Scholar - Just Judge Jehoshaphat

That actually works better for me I think.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Are we going to have a day 0 to RP and get the feel of the thread like QF33 or are we just gonna jump straight into it?

From what I can read in the rules, yes. Typically the killer and accomplices have to pick the killer's method and key evidence so they will need the time, resulting in a de facto cycle zero. 

Meanwhile the rest of us subsequently find out how bad Araris's clue game is... 

Or how awful we are at getting it :P

Edit: Until they make the pick, there's nothing really we can do anyway! 

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Are we going to have a day 0 to RP and get the feel of the thread like QF33 or are we just gonna jump straight into it?

Yeah, the D0 is necessary for the Assassin to pick their Key Evidence and Method of Murder, but all that happens in thread is chatting.