What we know:

There is a village, there are elims. There is an exe. Elims can win by hammering votes on Kas or Fifth at parity, or otherwise executing a villager and winning by outnumbering. Kas and Fifth are ONLY exeable at parity (this is a question I asked before the game began, don't try to kill for me knowing this :ph34r:). 

PMs are closed, but Archer is putting on a show of apparently using them.

We don't know when parity is, but it's probably a good idea to not leave the exe unconsolidated. 

Just now, _Stick_ said:

There is a village, there are elims. There is an exe. Elims can win by hammering votes on Kas or Fifth at parity, or otherwise executing a villager and winning by outnumbering. Kas and Fifth are ONLY exeable at parity (this is a question I asked before the game began, don't try to kill for me knowing this :ph34r:).

Extremely tempted to vote you for this tbh

TBF I started to search "what happened in 1972", and Bing decided to autofill for 2022, then 1776... gee, what happened then...

Anyway, Watergate happened in 1972.

Edit: Oh. There was a new page. Well. Uh... make of this what you will.

Edited by Ashbringer

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Kas and Fifth are ONLY exeable at parity (this is a question I asked before the game began, don't try to kill for me knowing this :ph34r:). 

I should further clarify this is info I'm happy to clarify early because the version of the public rules the committee received included this clarification. Attempts to exe either of us prior to parity will be considered invalid votes, e.g. as if you guys decided to vote for Gozer the Gozerian.

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

What we know:

PMs are closed, but Archer is putting on a show of apparently using them.

We don't know when parity is, but it's probably a good idea to not leave the exe unconsolidated. 

Technically speaking we don't KNOW there are elims. We know that an elim faction exists in the ruleset, we don't know if there any players currently assigned that role. :ph34r:

Just now, Kasimir said:

I should further clarify this is info I'm happy to clarify early because the version of the public rules the committee received included this clarification. Attempts to exe either of us prior to parity will be considered invalid votes, e.g. as if you guys decided to vote for Gozer the Gozerian.

For no particular reason, would it be allowed if I wanted to change my RP character to Gozer the Gozerian? :P

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Technically speaking we don't KNOW there are elims. We know that an elim faction exists in the ruleset, we don't know if there any players currently assigned that role. :ph34r:

It's also possible that there aren't any villagers. I imagine that in that case the doc would be too cluttered for anyone to get a grip on anything that's going on and we immediately all become suspicious of each other and incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice to Kasimir to finish their nationwide transumatation circle and subsequently creating the world's largest philosopher's stone and attaining God.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

For no particular reason, would it be allowed if I wanted to change my RP character to Gozer the Gozerian? :P

Sure? Gozer the Gozerian votes would count then, just FYI :P 

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Anyone who played LG71 should remember LG15a and LG15b, and why there is an A and B...

Spoiler

elrond-lotr.gif

It's why this rule clarification exists - I don't trust the Village to remember we're a valid route to the Elim wincon and to block a hammer. Hence blocking the problem by only having votes for either Fifth or myself become valid at parity.

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

For knowing it and not actually have direct evidence that you asked Kas before the game.

Perhaps that is too tinfoily of a theory for D1 :P

Fair :P There's a reason I didn't bother voting Kas pre-game, even though I know it was mostly just a joke.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

True:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sure? Gozer the Gozerian votes would count then, just FYI :P 

So you lied when you said they wouldn't just before this.

Which means that the GMs can lie.

Which means that we can't trust anything they say. Not even who dies!

Guys I've solved the game. B)

13 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So you lied when you said they wouldn't just before this.

Ah, but you were Kjell then. Not my problem if you choose to play the exact target of my example :P You, an ostensible philosopher, should know better than to confuse a synchronic truth claim with a diachronic truth claim :eyes:

FWIW, as I notice the vcs seem to not tally with mine:

People please @ me if you notice anything awry.

Archer (2): Devotary of Spontaneity, Walin
The Wandering Wizard (2): Matrim's Dice, xinoehp512
Amanuensis (1): The Wandering Wizard
Danex (1): Stick
JNV (1): TJ
Orlok Tsubodai (1): Amanuensis
Walin (1): Channelknight Fadran
xinoehp512 (1): Archer

Edited to add:

This is brought to you courtesy of auto votecount, which saves lives. Or, as it may be, damns them in some cases.

Edited by Kasimir

1 hour ago, Biplet said:

Hello I am biplet, no one else, just biplet, that's all

Doubtful.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

No, counterfactual orders is for another ruleset Drake and I were working on which allows players to win in multiple timelines and possible worlds. Our current view is it's probably maybe a tad more complicated than KKC but the rules fit on two pages.

4D SE with Multiverse Time travel?

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The War of 1812 took place in 1972

Understandable, have a nice day.

57 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Biplet

StrikerEZ

My Sanity

Fadran

47 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It's also possible that there aren't any villagers. I imagine that in that case the doc would be too cluttered for anyone to get a grip on anything that's going on and we immediately all become suspicious of each other and incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice to Kasimir to finish their nationwide transumatation circle and subsequently creating the world's largest philosopher's stone and attaining God.

slippery slip woosh. this feels like elim or neutral slip. woosh. no reason to think of a case where there are no goodies unless you are not a goodie in the first place!

fadran j-envy