3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Wait...maybe I should roleclaim...

smh aman opened the floodgates -.-

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

See, I had the same thought, but is that not a tad obvious to actually be a slip? Like I don't really see a world where someone says 'there are no villagers', actually forgetting that if taken seriously it would make it look like they are evil. In my head it just comes back to the above, where Fadran doesn't really care if it looks like that, he'll make the joke anyway.

see i considered that but look at what he posted right after that. it reads to me like he felt it was a slip so he had to go the other way. said there are no villagers. now say there are no elims to balance it out and make it appear like a joke.

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It's also possible that there aren't any villagers. I imagine that in that case the doc would be too cluttered for anyone to get a grip on anything that's going on and we immediately all become suspicious of each other and incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice to Kasimir to finish their nationwide transumatation circle and subsequently creating the world's largest philosopher's stone and attaining God.

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Personally I think everyone is on a different team. It's a free-for-all match. Maybe there aren't even any real elims in the first place: we just all have different abilities that affect otehr players, thus sowing distrust among the entire player base until we eventually break out into civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice for Kasimir to finish their nationwide transumatation circle and subsequently create the world's largest philosopher's stone in order to attain God.

5 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

You having a PM role doesn’t make you village :P But, why claim now? 

Need people to know that there is some let up to this insanity :P

Though honestly I don't quite know why

5 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

We don’t know what the other World Cup role wincons are though. They could straight up be villagers or village-aligned neutrals, or anti-village like TJ pointed out. 

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

True, but for parity purposes I think Aman claimed that they don't count towards it. 

Never mind ignore that! They can probably be alligned either way so yeah. 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Of course you would, Mr. Needs-To-Kill-Certain-Roles :P.

Theoretically, it's also the village's optimal way to get distro info without any foreseeable role flips in the future.

I know this strat doesn't really work for our usual games, if maybe because we consider it antifun, but complete blackouts are a very different beast.

Plus, of course, players are free to lie, so there's room for villagers misleading elims and gambits.

All I will say on this matter is I personally decided more info in the thread is better than less info in thread and shared (most) of what my role has told me to help. I definitely wouldn't turn down any other volunteers

2 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

see i considered that but look at what he posted right after that. it reads to me like he felt it was a slip so he had to go the other way. said there are no villagers. now say there are no elims to balance it out and make it appear like a joke.

I can't believe it.

You guys are all falling for Kasimir's evil plan.

Just now, Amanuensis said:

All I will say on this matter is I personally decided more info in the thread is better than less info in thread and shared (most) of what my role has told me to help. I definitely wouldn't turn down any other volunteers

I'll throw out another tidbit :ph34r:

I can't make PMs on even nights.

And some very interesting things happen if I am trolled

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Hey that's Lamentation's thing :P

But I think this is probably a Dark / Doctor Who thing. 

Dannnnnex

Who's Lamentation? You people are old.

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

We’re getting sidetracked! :P It was just a comment, I’m not forcing us to consolidate, but I’ll personally be voting in a way that works towards that goal as long as I’m not village reading the player in question. 

@The Known Novel @|TJ| do you really think Fadran is an elim because they just seem like a neutral to me, given their recent posts.  I’m retracting my statement of them seeming village. 

I'd believe either, but while I'm not going to vote a neutral on principle, I'm not going to not vote a potential elim because they might be neutral instead. Does that make sense? No. Fadran could be either. That's more than most other people, so I'll go after him, even if he could be a neut. If he is a neut, than we don't really lose anything, and hopefully he's nice and claims before he dies.

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I love faction conversion games

Please no, this is my recovery village game before I can be an elim mastermind again, I don't need this tainted.

37 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Eh storm it. I'm going to fully claim.

I'm a Neutral role, Referee, which has a few juicy information bits that I can't resist spilling into thread. I don't really think a Flipless game is the best time for us to practice complete opsec, and I do have a bit of a martyr's complex, so :P

Anyway, what I know:

• There is a mechanic called Trolling in the game, which I am immune to. I unfortunately don't know how it works, Kas wouldn't give up much. All I know for sure is it requires a player to submit a night action. Question on my mind rn is if it's an any alignment role thing or if it's an elim thing. For any Trolls out there, if you decide to test my immunity by Trolling me tonight, I wouldn't blame you :P I think Kas implied there's a fun interaction that I wouldn't mind seeing :D
  • My personal Win Condition involves successfully giving two Yellow Cards to two unique "World Cup" roles. I'm aware of Captain, Goalkeeper, Midfielder, and Striker from this. Two Yellow Cards, of course, means a Red Card, which results in that player's prompt removal from the game :P This only works on "World Cup" roles tho, so I will fail to give a Yellow Card to any other type of role, which tells me they're not a World Cupper.

So yeah. Technically I'm kinda a pseudo-SK. Can only theoretically kill every 2 cycles, assuming I'm lucky with the first Card, and only a very specific microcosm of players, but it is what it is. I prefer the more charitable Referee flavor, where I'm just here attempting to keep this fine game of football going smoothly for all our enjoyment

Soccer. 

(Now sit back and watch the world burn)

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

...Hey wait, am I gonna get lynched?

With any luck!

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

...Hey wait, am I gonna get lynched?

Yep!

Tani

Fadran

(Still want an answer, Tani :P)

Just now, |TJ| said:

I guess I can see that. I just thought it appeared like a joke from the get-go.

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Theoretically, it's also the village's optimal way to get distro info without any foreseeable role flips in the future.

I think there's something to be said about claiming while about to be exed. But I think there's a reason we don't mass claim in normal games. There's a bit of a difference here, but not a lot because mass claiming here ends up giving us the same result as mass claiming in normal games. And that result isn't something that's objectively better.

Guys, listen. If you thought I was being serious about that civil war and bloodshed stuff...

...Then you're totally correct. Look at you all! Sheeple! Lambs led to a slaughter! Already turning on your brother by nothing other than the truth about LG92! We are destryoing each other. We are in civil war - thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice for Kasimir to finish their nationwide transumatation circle and subsequently create the world's largest philosopher's stone in order to attain God!

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Hey, I wanted to get Trolled tonight first, stop encouraging the Trolls to Troll elsewhere <_<

But what if I want to get trolled first -_-

You can have the first trolling if the trolls decide to humor us! ;)

And a little bit more! Only one PM created every odd night, one on one.

9 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think there's something to be said about claiming while about to be exed. But I think there's a reason we don't mass claim in normal games. There's a bit of a difference here, but not a lot because mass claiming here ends up giving us the same result as mass claiming in normal games. And that result isn't something that's objectively better.

I don't know if I agree, only because there's no guarantee we'll have any idea what alignments we've removed by D5 and who to execute from there because of lack of flips, which is very different than normal games. We will need an influx of information somehow to help us solve.

Not exactly saying mass claiming is the way, but it's a way to get out of an information vacuum

Either way, I prefer D1 just having a couple early volunteers like myself, if anyone feels revealing info they know will benefit the village more than cost them individually.

World Cuppers should remain anonymous since I already got that info out. I'm not really eager to kill anyone tbh, so will likely be only giving yellow cards to World Cuppers I suspect

ED1T:

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Guys, listen. If you thought I was being serious about that civil war and bloodshed stuff...

...Then you're totally correct. Look at you all! Sheeple! Lambs led to a slaughter! Already turning on your brother by nothing other than the truth about LG92! We are destryoing each other. We are in civil war - thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice for Kasimir to finish their nationwide transumatation circle and subsequently create the world's largest philosopher's stone in order to attain God!

Are you also claiming Neutral btw?

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Either way, I prefer D1 just having a couple early volunteers like myself, if anyone feels revealing info they know will benefit the village more than cost them individually.

Well, job done!

My even nights are rather dull though. My PMs are permanent which is nice!

I am claiming Village. I am but a humble citizen, who is unfortunately burdened with the knowledge of Kasirmir's ultimate plan to incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice for Kasimir to finish their nationwide transmutation circle and subsequently create the world's largest philosopher's stone in order to attain God.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I am claiming Village. I am but a humble citizen, who is unfortunately burdened with the knowledge of Kasirmir's ultimate plan to incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice for Kasimir to finish their nationwide transmutation circle and subsequently create the world's largest philosopher's stone in order to attain God.

I had a purpose then, pursuing the path to catalyze our dream?

But it's a winding road, where you stumble and sway your way amongst the crowd?

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I understood that reference! I love that show!

I don't feel comfortable with a mass sharing of roles. While it would be easy enough to lie, it would still give the elims a better sense of who they should be targeting. Now Ive never played this before, but I would like to stay alive long enough to figure out who they are before they kill me. 

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I forgot what performative means.

And I think I'll poke vote the new player.

Last Fae in the Woods

Yup scapegoat the new guy, we should organise and uprise. If you trust me, trust him or vice versa (even if he or I seem to be suspicious). Maybe there is no one and we are all turning against each other!