11 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

You’re missing like all the Fadran votes :P Interesting because you explicitly commented on how they are the leading train right now. Not to mention you’re voting them too :P. 

AHHHHHHH

It's in my VC on my spreadsheets too -.-

Complementary VC

Fadran (3): TKN, TJ, Wiz

Wizard (3): Mat, Xino, Stick

Mat (1): Fadran

Archer (2): Devo, Wallin

Wallin (1): Fadran

Dannex (1): Ash

Stick (1): Orlok

Striker (2): Steel, Araris

Fae (1): Wyrm

TJ (1): Archer

ED1T:

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:
Spoiler

Are we reading the same rules xD It says they have to outnumber the SE Players, which is the village faction. 

But there's nothing about the conditions of parity in there.

ED2T: And archer now rendering my VC Void.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

48 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I see a Plum Rhino viewing, return of the Boxer role from LG53?

That or someone just didn't realize they haven't logged their AN account off their mobile lol

16 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

But there's nothing about the conditions of parity in there.

Parity would mean Eliminators win when they have the same number as SE Players. Overparity, or in this case, "outnumbering," means they need one more successful kill after parity. Neutrals (which I can confirm exist) don't fall under the SE Player category (which I can also confirm). So I believe that's what Stick is getting at.

Spoiler
  • The SE Players win when they remove or otherwise eliminate all the E̸̯͈͓̬̼͋́̌l̷̟͖̬͐ī̶͇̗͖̤͒͌͠m̶̢̩͈͕͛͐̍͝ì̷̡̝̖̬̺n̵̛̞̖͔̊̀̉̏á̷̛̤̖̣̱̺̈̾t̴͕̝̾́͌̀͝ͅȯ̵͚̌̏̉͊ṛ̴̜͖̽̎̉s̷͇͙͋̓.

• The E̸̯͈͓̬̼͋́̌l̷̟͖̬͐ī̶͇̗͖̤͒͌͠m̶̢̩͈͕͛͐̍͝ì̷̡̝̖̬̺n̵̛̞̖͔̊̀̉̏á̷̛̤̖̣̱̺̈̾t̴͕̝̾́͌̀͝ͅȯ̵͚̌̏̉͊ṛ̴̜͖̽̎̉s̷͇͙͋̓ win when they outnumber the SE Players. (Note that they may also win by removing Kasimir or Fifth Scholar at parity.)

Edited by Amanuensis

I figure since there aren't flips, tracking connections is all the more important. We should be on the watch for conspicuous inconspicuousness as well as inconspicuous conspicuousness. The clippers know this, so we should also watch for those in the middle. :eyes:

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wit is now in his element. We must corrupt or kill him before he ties us in knots with our own tongues.

Not quite.

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Kasimir, your tally missed my voted on Striker.

Thanks Meta, appreciated. I should really start getting Drake's tallybot to work for this game.

2 hours ago, |TJ| said:

@Kasimir, do we get to know if baddies are informed or not? 

As a guy who once GMed me at about this time last year told me, you're overcomplicating this. The Elims function exactly like a normal Elim team :P

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

The elims know who their teammates are, and they have a doc. Kas is going to tell you to read the syllabus :ph34r:

Stick gets it.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Kasimir Kjell is requesting a VC so he can frantically make premature vote analysis. :ph34r:

As soon as I get contemporary with the thread, you will have your vc.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Also the GM Kasimir has more posts than half the player list :P

Hyperposter habits die hard even when GMing I guess. I could update the script I'm using to track player activity (currently for GMing purposes) to fetch raw post counts as well but not really essential functionality right now. More relevant to get the tallybot to work to ease vc pressure.

This is the current VC I have unless there is someone else's votes missing. As usual, please @ if you do not see your vote reflected:

The Wandering Wizard (4): Matrim's Dice, Stick, Tani, xinoehp512
Channelknight Fadran (3): The Known Novel, The Wandering Wizard, TJ
Archer (2): Devotary of Spontaneity, Walin
StrikerEZ (2): Araris Valerian, Steeldancer
Danex (1): Ashbringer
Orlok Tsubodai (1): Amanuensis
Stick (1): Orlok Tsubodai
The last Fae in the Woods (1): The Bookwyrm
Walin (1): Channelknight Fadran
TJ (1): Archer

Edited by Kasimir

Eh storm it. I'm going to fully claim.

I'm a Neutral role, Referee, which has a few juicy information bits that I can't resist spilling into thread. I don't really think a Flipless game is the best time for us to practice complete opsec, and I do have a bit of a martyr's complex, so :P

Anyway, what I know:

• There is a mechanic called Trolling in the game, which I am immune to. I unfortunately don't know how it works, Kas wouldn't give up much. All I know for sure is it requires a player to submit a night action. Question on my mind rn is if it's an any alignment role thing or if it's an elim thing. For any Trolls out there, if you decide to test my immunity by Trolling me tonight, I wouldn't blame you :P I think Kas implied there's a fun interaction that I wouldn't mind seeing :D
  • My personal Win Condition involves successfully giving two Yellow Cards to two unique "World Cup" roles. I'm aware of Captain, Goalkeeper, Midfielder, and Striker from this. Two Yellow Cards, of course, means a Red Card, which results in that player's prompt removal from the game :P This only works on "World Cup" roles tho, so I will fail to give a Yellow Card to any other type of role, which tells me they're not a World Cupper.

So yeah. Technically I'm kinda a pseudo-SK. Can only theoretically kill every 2 cycles, assuming I'm lucky with the first Card, and only a very specific microcosm of players, but it is what it is. I prefer the more charitable Referee flavor, where I'm just here attempting to keep this fine game of football going smoothly for all our enjoyment

Edited by Amanuensis

36 minutes ago, Archer said:

And TJ Shade Xino why'd you drop the teamed/not-teamed chart now? If people know you're making it based on early game events, they'll start intentionally trying to confuse your data. That's the kind of chart you should have constructed over a week or so, then revealed. 

yes I realised that when noting fadran changing votes so many times smh. at the time I just wanted everyone to keep an eye on interactions slash show theres ways to solve a flipless game. mad watcher wanting everyone to be watcher. besides nahh baddies dont got too much time on their hands to specifically designate time to mess with my chart im sure. they gots their own agendas and issues plus ill obviously not be one hundred percent reliant on chart. my motto always, data to be used to assist analysis, not be the primary reason to kill someone. 

34 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Parity would mean Eliminators win when they have the same number as SE Players. Overparity, or in this case, "outnumbering," means they need one more successful kill after parity. Neutrals (which I can confirm exist) don't fall under the SE Player category (which I can also confirm). So I believe that's what Stick is getting at.

Okay, that clears up a bit of my confusion. Because I know what parity means but not the actual conditions because neutrals if they exist. Which you claim they do. 

*Much later*

Well I see that you did claim fully :P

That will have no effect on me if you want to test it. I also know of trolling because I'm not immune to it.

If anybody wants a PM, just let me know :eyes:

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Okay, that clears up a bit of my confusion. Because I know what parity means but not the actual conditions because neutrals if they exist. Which you claim they do. 

*Much later*

That will have no effect on me if you want to test it. I also know of trolling because I'm not immune to it.

Yeah so if the last 6 were 2 Villagers, 3 Elims, and Referee!Me, the elims win.

I'm always keen for a cheeky PM

Edited by Amanuensis

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

*Much later*

You can make PMs?? I would love a PM

Edit:

@Amanuensis do you leave the game after completing your wincon?

Edited by _Stick_

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Yeah so if the last 6 were 2 Villagers, 3 Elims, and Referee!Me, the elims win.

You do realize that by fully claiming the elims know not to kill you? And other world cup roles know your out for them :P

Could be nice soft clears for us though, because those that are world cup roles can't be evil, unless conversion

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm always keen for a cheeky PM

One might come you way barring trolls

Just now, _Stick_ said:

You can make PMs?? I would love a PM

Why you trying to kill me then :P

I can only send them during nights. Odd nights

52 minutes ago, Tani said:

Ayyy guess what I'm alive!

Wizard

Edit: @Archer where's my PM

And with this, we're on track for another D1 Wiz exe.

12 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wait, you can make PMs?

EDIT: Nevermind, only at night.

Let's hope Wiz isn't exe'd day one after all, because I think this'll be interesting...

Edited by The Bookwyrm

9 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Fadran sounds village

I was thinking more that he sounded uncaring of how he appeared, which might read village. Doesn't have to though.

7 hours ago, |TJ| said:

slippery slip woosh. this feels like elim or neutral slip. woosh. no reason to think of a case where there are no goodies unless you are not a goodie in the first place!

fadran j-envy

See, I had the same thought, but is that not a tad obvious to actually be a slip? Like I don't really see a world where someone says 'there are no villagers', actually forgetting that if taken seriously it would make it look like they are evil. In my head it just comes back to the above, where Fadran doesn't really care if it looks like that, he'll make the joke anyway.

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I have to agree with Orlok here, it’s a bit absurd to think we are in imminent danger of losing, and it is a bit suspicious for Stick to be trying to motivate us to bandwagon/“consolidate” with that reasoning. Kas wouldn’t set up this beautiful monster of a game and then let it end after a couple of days.

And I don't really think that was what Stick was saying. I'm somewhere between Stick and Orlok on this debate, and I can see both sides, so I don't think Stick is suspicious from this. Close votes is a lot more useful when we get flips.

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

You can poke vote Tani, if your criteria is non-posters. And this post reads slightly performative. 

Yeah, but so do ~40% of all Bookwyrm posts ever :P 

40 minutes ago, Tani said:

Ayyy guess what I'm alive!

Wizard

Edit: @Archer where's my PM

Why'd you vote Wizard, Tani?

11 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

*raises hand*

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

@Amanuensis, youre removed from the game after giving 2 red cards? pfa might frown that you were being too harsh, so presuming youd be relieved of your duties.

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Was also going to ask this :P. And can I assume you're village-siding? :3

Just now, |TJ| said:

loooove that theres football themes in the game and love that referee role lmao. amanthony taylor, everyone! 

@Amanuensis, youre removed from the game after giving 2 red cards? pfa might frown that you were being too harsh, so presuming youd be relieved of your duties.

2 red cards on the same role = my removal. So theoretically, by D9, I could remove one each of CaptainGoalkeeperMidfielder, and Striker and still be in the game. Or I could hit two Midfielders by D5 and get removed without victory. I need 2 unique world cup roles removed to hit my win con, anything after that is an unnecessary risk tbh.

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Nope :D I'll still count as Neutral too, but I could theoretically pick a side after my victory is assured.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Could be nice soft clears for us though, because those that are world cup roles can't be evil, unless conversion

We don’t know what the other World Cup role wincons are though. They could straight up be villagers or village-aligned neutrals, or anti-village like TJ pointed out. 

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Why you trying to kill me then :P

I can only send them during nights. Odd nights

You having a PM role doesn’t make you village :P But, why claim now? 

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

2 red cards on the same role = my removal. So theoretically, by D9, I could remove one each of CaptainGoalkeeperMidfielder, and Striker and still be in the game. Or I could hit two Midfielders by D5 and get removed without victory. I need 2 unique world cup roles removed to hit my win con, anything after that is an unnecessary risk tbh.

Nope :D I'll still count as Neutral too, but I could theoretically pick a side after my victory is assured.

Wait. So you win if you red card two world cup roles, and you get removed if those are the same role. So you can win and still be in the game, or you can win and be removed? Or if you red card the same role twice do you not win?

Edit: I can read. You answered this already >>

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Wait...maybe I should roleclaim...

I would err on the side of not. But you do you :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

10 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You do realize that by fully claiming the elims know not to kill you? And other world cup roles know your out for them :P

Could be nice soft clears for us though, because those that are world cup roles can't be evil, unless conversiond nights

Oh, to clarify, Referee is Neutral but I'm pretty sure the other World Cup roles can be either Village or Elim, based on my role's flavor.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Was also going to ask this :P. And can I assume you're village-siding? :3

Naturally :P though if the elims want to send me a few World Cup sacrifices in PMs, I would be willing to work in their interests, or at the very least, not work against their interests by going pure neutral

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

We don’t know what the other World Cup role wincons are though. They could straight up be villagers or village-aligned neutrals, or anti-village like TJ pointed out. 

What Stick said

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Wait...maybe I should roleclaim...

TBH I'm down for a D1 mass claim.

ED1T:

Just now, Random Bystander said:

*stumbles in* Hello fellow beings!

(I'm gonna warn you all now, I have to get blood drawn today, and have a phobia of needles. I might not be very active today...)

Hello fellow being who hates needles! You got this 

Edited by Amanuensis

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah, but so do ~40% of all Bookwyrm posts ever :P

Would you believe that I actually typed that following that sentence and then deleted it >> 

I think the World Cup roles are spread across both village and elim alignments 

Edit:

Ninjad yeah 

Edited by _Stick_