I've been dreading this. In a good way!
First of all, I intend to send every one of you a PM. I'll get to that when I have the time.
Secondly, my brilliant theory about this game is that there's an alignment scanner mechanism. My guess would be the reason for the backchannel blackout is to avoid scanned trust circles taking over the game.
Thirdly, since us knowing the distro would probably be to our benefit, you should claim if you're about to be mixed. I'm operating under the assumption that a mass claim scenario risks exposing some valuable assets, but if we're going to lose you anyway, you might as well give us clues about the overall distro.
Hey, hey new guy. Since you're new, I bet you didn't know you've spelled your username wrong. It should be Xineoph512

1 minute ago, dannnnnex said:

And what happens if we lose the game??? do we just have to hand our accounts over to these hackers? i didn't agree to that

I've got a burner account I plan on using if it comes to it

(hopefully the mods don't remember to change the anon account passwords)

Hi this is so exciting also my @ is in small caps in the player list and thats weird but cool this is going to be great so who do we want to subject to a cursed cat video and I really hope the video is real itd be so funny lets burn together friends 

Spoiler

australian-quokka-wildlife-in-the-fire-benny-marty.jpg.a8735c507efef95c585e494d77384084.jpg

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

First of all, I intend to send every one of you a PM. I'll get to that when I have the time.

Woohoo let's go a messaging role!

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Xineoph512

What are you talking about? Xineoph backwards is hpoeniX, which is just hopelessly wrong!

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

Hi, I'm the flash

I'm brand new to the community and I have no idea what's going on but HH said this was pretty cool so I figured this might be fun. 

Hello fellow new player! Are you ready to bust up some bots?

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Maybe I'll take you up on that. :ph34r: Wizard.

ok but my initial plan for this game was to pretend to be a Jester role that wanted to die C1 but I couldn't figure out to profit from it. Besides maybe living longer but who wants to do that in a game like this 

1 minute ago, JNV said:

Hi this is so exciting also my @ is in small caps in the player list and thats weird but cool this is going to be great so who do we want to subject to a cursed cat video and I really hope the video is real itd be so funny lets burn together friends 

Hide contents

australian-quokka-wildlife-in-the-fire-benny-marty.jpg.a8735c507efef95c585e494d77384084.jpg

That's not a cursed cat. Looks like a cursed gopher 

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I've always wanted to play this card

Hide contents

Exploding Kittens – Exploratorium

That! That is a cursed cat! You win all the points 

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

Hi, I'm the flash

So you're the flash player. I thought you were discontinued? 

1 minute ago, Archer said:

That's not a cursed cat. Looks like a cursed gopher 

It is quite obviously a cursed Quokka is it not??

1 minute ago, Archer said:

So you're the flash player. I thought you were discontinued? 

Ah, Flash. Good memories, those.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hello everyone!

It's so great to be playing my first SE game! I feel almost like I know all of you already!

Glad to have you! Normally we give new players a bit of leeway, but you’ll have to pardon me for ignoring that protocol given the circumstances.

Remember everyone, your most important role is your ability to vote. Everything else is secondary, so let’s start banning some folks. I think Striker is worthy of my vote for now, since his recent reappearance seems suspiciously coincidental.

I love the writeups so much xD Good job with those, looking forward to more

The path forward seems pretty clear since Wiz claimed evil to me in PMs a few hours ago. I played along then, but now the chance has come to reveal I was village all along!

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Woohoo let's go a messaging role!

Hmm. An interesting strategy, believing Archer seconds into D1 :eyes:

Just now, Archer said:

ok but my initial plan for this game was to pretend to be a Jester role that wanted to die C1 but I couldn't figure out to profit from it. Besides maybe living longer but who wants to do that in a game like this 

AKA, "then I rolled elim" :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The path forward seems pretty clear since Wiz claimed evil to me in PMs a few hours ago. I played along then, but now the chance has come to reveal I was village all along!

Wiz? You're talking to Mat and not me?? After I sent you such a lovely PM.... :(. 

Just now, Steeldancer said:

ngl that looks a lot like a hacked account 

11 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Glad to have you! Normally we give new players a bit of leeway, but you’ll have to pardon me for ignoring that protocol given the circumstances.

Remember everyone, your most important role is your ability to vote. Everything else is secondary, so let’s start banning some folks. I think Striker is worthy of my vote for now, since his recent reappearance seems suspiciously coincidental.

Well, really, voting people just makes them inactive, so voting isn't that helpful, after all, nobody likes inactive players.

I will (kinda not really) risk myself by revealing that this is not in fact a role madness game as I do not have a role. I would strongly recommend that no-one else claim roleless or otherwise unless your death is imminent as... someone suggested up above.

Edited by The Known Novel

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Right... we can't trust anyone, can we? ^_^

Also, phew! All these votes are already starting to confuse me... here, I'll order them myself.

Matrim (1): Fadran
Aman (1): Wizard
xino (1): Archer
Wizard (2): Xino, Matrim

Ah, I feel saner already!

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

Wiz? You're talking to Mat and not me?? After I sent you such a lovely PM.... :(. 

ngl that looks a lot like a hacked account 

That looks like Araris's profile. I'm Metalcognition. Given that you've been playing for a while, I'm surprised you'd make that mistake. Something a hacker would do, perhaps.

Matrim's Dice logged onto the shard in May, 2020. He was bored of the few months of lockdown that had passed, ignorant of the many more to come. But he was looking for something to do. That was when he found MR42.

Technically, he first found QF44. But we don't talk about the days where he was a spectator who didn't know how voting worked. He caught on quickly.

Matrim's Dice's first SE game was also his largest: Thirty players, one of which who was an sk who wanted nothing more than Matrim's Dice's demise. You see, he was Lord Winsting Innate-- the power role, the villager.

He lost that game, in the end. But, in the long run, he won. Because he had found something greater than the result of a game. He had found a community inside a community, a place where boredom was replaced by paranoia; where lockdown from his neighbors was replaced with contact with people from the far corners of the earth. He had found SE.

metalcognition.png.17d663862a8eba03a90c9844c3c5a212.png

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

That looks like Araris's profile. I'm Metalcognition. Given that you've been playing for a while, I'm surprised you'd make that mistake. Something a hacker would do, perhaps.

Whoa! You both have the same reputation title! What are the odds?

16 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hmm. An interesting strategy, believing Archer seconds into D1 :eyes:

What! Do you mean he lied? :o

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG Welcome to SE, Ruby Dragon! Your pfp looks fierce.

CircleDragon.PNG.d7efa67304e5e47300f80fa221a1ebec.PNG Just Ruby is fine. Thanks for inviting me here, Sunset Unicorn. Those colors are very pretty.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG Thanks! We're usually addressed as Unicorn, but you may also use my name, Deliquescent. The woman whose name you know from work doesn't want her name to be used online since it's our legal name.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG Right, that's me :) We both agree on Unicorn.

CircleDragon.PNG.d7efa67304e5e47300f80fa221a1ebec.PNG Are there two of you?

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG One body, one account, two of us. We use underlining and italics to differentiate ourselves.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG You'll understand when you hear her speak :P Unless you didn't share the memory (>.<)

CircleDragon.PNG.d7efa67304e5e47300f80fa221a1ebec.PNG I'd love to hear from you both. Perhaps this weekend? I haven't gotten to know many of my newer colleagues.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG Oof. We'll be busy this weekend. This subforum's getting hit by a wave of bots.

CircleDragon.PNG.d7efa67304e5e47300f80fa221a1ebec.PNG I'll invite my wife to take a look. She's an expert on cybersecurity.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG You will? Thanks to you both!

If we're going to ban Archer for having two accounts, might as well hope he's a bot.

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Matrim. You stand accused of being a frickin murderer. What have ye to say in your defense?

I say the accusation is false.

Nonexistent arguments deserve non-existent counterarguments :P