GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

It would be hard for me to run a game under my current schedule (especially the one I have planned) but I could probably manage if no one else can. But Striker, Fifth, absolutely feel free to take it. You are in front of me, after all :P.

Would say the same to Quirksilver/Karn but I think they’re inactive lol

Hmm... We might want to extend the list of pings for the MR then.

@StrikerEZ is still the first choice, with two games stuck in the backlog.

Fifth is passing.

@Matrim's Dice Don't feel pressured to run a game if your schedule doesn't allow it.

@Quirksliver aka Tani. Didn't recognize her at first, but she's more than welcome to run her game. She's already got one game under her belt, so it should be smooth sailing.

Karn should be marked as inactive. He hasn't logged on in almost a year.

@Ashbringer You'd be next. No idea what rule set you'd be running.

@Steeldancer He hasn't been on since July, but I really want to play that ruleset again.

@JNV A mafia game based on a Prog Rock album will definitely need a pass.

I mean I could run it, except I don’t have a single hour of the day where rollover could consistently be :P Unless I like don’t sleep which will not be happening

Could probably pull off a not-shadow hunters game but that’d be boring for everyone involved after KKC and wonderland :p.

6 hours ago, Sart said:

@JNV A mafia game based on a Prog Rock album will definitely need a pass.

JNV would definitely need one more pass but I've also promised them my pass for that game should they choose to run prior to getting a free slot. Currently there are no QF free slots and one more MR game must be run before the free slot becomes available again.

KKC just burned the free slot for LGs so the four game countdown timer begins again.

I'll note entirely pre-emptively that if it somehow passes all the way to me and Drake for the LG, we are absolutely not ready and will in fact refuse to run Secret Project #2 if we can't get our player minimum. From the current looks of it, that's a solid no.

3 hours ago, Experience said:

I mean if there's literally nobody that can run one, I can do it.

You technically have inactive priority slots for both an LG and a MR which, if activated, should put you ahead of pretty much anyone on either list right now.

9 minutes ago, Experience said:

Forgive the double post. Who all are on the approval committee now?

The list in the first post of this thread, I think. It’s both the committee and the mods though.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Oh gosh hey sorry guys. Life has been extremely crazy the last few weeks. Who knew being a teacher would turn out to be so much work? Plus I got pretty sick last week and missed two days of school. I almost certainly can’t run an LG right now. I already feel like I’m spending my evenings playing catch up for the next day. I can’t really afford to give my evenings up right now. I might have be put down as inactive in the spreadsheet until I figure my life out more as a teacher.

LG list as of this point:

1. Wilson/El - definitely passing
2. @Random Bystander - quite likely passing but hope springs eternal
3. @The Known Novel - fact he has not gone for it likely indicates no
4. @Karnatheon - MIA
5. @Araris Valerian - Indicated he prefers someone else to do it
6. @Szeth_Pancakes - Unlikely; just ran a MR
7. Drake and Kasimir - Not happening, not sorry :P
8. @Steeldancer - MIA and doesn't have a pass for this.
9. Kasimir - Theoretically possible, would prefer not to.
10. @xinoehp512
11. @Fifth Scholar - Unlikely; just ran a QF.
12. @Sart

So the way I see it: <Randby, Karn, Steel> are all pretty unlikely. 

TKN and Szeth both have priority but are unlikely to take it (if you want to claim it, do just claim it, yeah.)

Effective pool is me, Araris, Xino, Fifth, and Sart. I think Fifth is likely to prefer not to, given his thread comments.

So the real question is: @xinoehp512, @Sart, either of you want to take it? I sort of can, but if either of you (or in the Silho/Wiz pool if we're going that far) can take it, then I'm happy to cede to you, assume Araris is of a similar mindset.

30 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

hmmmm

I had an idea for a ruleset a couple days ago  and have been working it over in my head— if someone else wants to take this one, that’s fine by me, but I’ll probably lay my claim on the next one.

I don't think we're in a particular rush, but if say in the next three days, neither Xino nor Sart step up to claim the slot instead, are you able to put it together and send it on to the committee? (This is just to prevent an endless cycle of "no, you first" which I feel like we're in danger of ending up with :P )

• 3 weeks later...

Aight. Between me and Archer, I'm up next on the QF list. I have a bunch of rulesets I can run (probably about six) and have no particularly strong feelings about which I want to run, so I'd like to hear some feedback from the thread if possible.

My sense is that the last few games have been really involved and 'screwy' so I'd like to run something pretty simple as a palette cleanser for everyone. To that end, I have two candidates.

A. I have a QF7 rerun that's also fairly simple - more or less a standard Western game with a rotating Coinshot. [simple]

B. This game (Tenet) is a bit more involved, but only by a bit. It features a kill which can be withheld, turning it into a conversion instead. [simple+]

For legal reasons, I'd like to note upfront that neither game is a blackout or has secrets :P WYSIWYG.

Edited by Kasimir