The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

10 minutes ago, Eran of Arcadia said:

I LIVE IN YUMA ARIZONA Y'ALL

OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!!

You know what's crazy? When I lived in the South the closest temple to us was over two hours away. Now that I'm living in Utah I swear I have like 10 within an hour of where I live (I don't actually know if that's true but that's what it feels like 😂). Being able to go and do baptisms for the dead when a temple is so close is really amazing. My family and I never really had time to go and do it in the South. The contrast feels so weird, even now.

Even now though, two hours is so close compared to most of the saints around the world. I do hope we can get even more temples announced next General Conference!

Edited by Through The Living Glass

It's been an amazing conference. I'll have to go back and listen to the Saturday Afternoon and Evening sessions again, as I was at work and could only hear bits and pieces. I'm not sure yet that I can pick out a favorite talk.

And the temples! I'm happy to hear about all of them, but for some reason especially glad to hear about Edinburgh.

46 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

FIFTEEN NEW TEMPLES!!

And of course Utah gets two new ones even though we already have 28…

Not only that, there's already two in that area--Jordan River and Oquirrh Mountain, with Draper just across the freeway. :P I mean, hey. The existing ones are full all the time. If everyone was as active in the temple as President Nelson has asked, we'd need five in every city.

3 hours ago, Slowswift said:

It's been an amazing conference. I'll have to go back and listen to the Saturday Afternoon and Evening sessions again, as I was at work and could only hear bits and pieces. I'm not sure yet that I can pick out a favorite talk.

And the temples! I'm happy to hear about all of them, but for some reason especially glad to hear about Edinburgh.

Not only that, there's already two in that area--Jordan River and Oquirrh Mountain, with Draper just across the freeway. :P I mean, hey. The existing ones are full all the time. If everyone was as active in the temple as President Nelson has asked, we'd need five in every city.

Oh, that’s right…but they’re definitely very full. I went to one of the two in St. George last week and had to wait almost 35 minutes in the baptistry, even though we had an appointment. 

3 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!!

You know what's crazy? When I lived in the South the closest temple to us was over two hours away. Now that I'm living in Utah I swear I have like 10 within an hour of where I live (I don't actually know if that's true but that's what it feels like 😂). Being able to go and do baptisms for the dead when a temple is so close is really amazing. My family and I never really had time to go and do it in the South. The contrast feels so weird, even now.

Even now though, two hours is so close compared to most of the saints around the world. I do hope we can get even more temples announced next General Conference!

It’s so true though! I probably do have 10 within an hour of me. 

IMG_1561_Original.thumb.jpeg.86ad0ee9bd7c7b32979a37db1fae0c97.jpeg

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Just wait for the Millennium...

But I don't want to wait... 😭

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Oh, that’s right…but they’re definitely very full. I went to one of the two in St. George last week and had to wait almost 35 minutes in the baptistry, even though we had an appointment. 

Sounds familiar. Our ward was just chilling in the waiting area when the music turned off. Nobody thought anything of it until half an hour later, as the other group is finally finishing up, when the worker's like "Yeah, we actually closed a while ago, but it's totally fine, you can go ahead." 

It's the first temple in Iowa, and the first in Scotland, which is pretty cool. I don't live in either of those places, but congratulations all Iowans and Scots! On the topic of the Utah temples, I am grateful for more temples, though it does seem a bit crazy.

Edited by Pineap-spider

2 minutes ago, Eran of Arcadia said:

Based on the rumors (and minutes from city council meetings) suddenly flying around, the most likely spot for the temple is going to be like 3 blocks from my house.

Nice!

My sibling sent this to me:

Tumblr_l_993284831682203.jpeg

18 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Yeah, I live in utah-land and the reservations from my local temple is always full. My youth group try's to go as often as possible, but that ends up being every few months. I remember one of my leaders saying she went onto the reservation sight on new years eve so she could get a reservation for 2024 before everyone else lol.

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

Yeah, I live in utah-land and the reservations from my local temple is always full. My youth group try's to go as often as possible, but that ends up being every few months. I remember one of my leaders saying she went onto the reservation sight on new years eve so she could get a reservation for 2024 before everyone else lol.

GO WITH YOUR FAMILY

That's what temples are for, bringing families together. Plus youth groups are only supposed to go like twice a year (at least in my temple district). And it will be easier to get an appointment.

9 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

GO WITH YOUR FAMILY

That's what temples are for, bringing families together. Plus youth groups are only supposed to go like twice a year (at least in my temple district). And it will be easier to get an appointment.

We have done this in the past, and it was super fun! That being said, I'm pretty sure the reservation thing (in my temple) extends to all groups, not just youth groups. Not to mention the huge amount of life stuff my family has going on right now (Obviously, that shouldn't keep us away from the temple, but it does mean there's an added layer of difficulty in making it work). 

For now, going with my youth group is just the most realistic option, if you know what I mean.

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

We have done this in the past, and it was super fun! That being said, I'm pretty sure the reservation thing (in my temple) extends to all groups, not just youth groups. Not to mention the huge amount of life stuff my family has going on right now (Obviously, that shouldn't keep us away from the temple, but it does mean there's an added layer of difficulty in making it work). 

For now, going with my youth group is just the most realistic option, if you know what I mean.

Fair fair, though your family is most likely smaller than your ward group, so there will be more room for you.

Just now, Lego Mistborn said:

Fair fair, though your family is most likely smaller than your ward group, so there will be more room for you.

Ah yes, that's true and I realized you might have been trying to say that after I responded lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my spirit brothers and sisters of God! As it is the most efficient and certain way to gain heavenly knowledge in this mortal sphere, I was converted to this glorious gospel my merit of its truth long ago! My mission approaches, and I will be unable to speak to you during that duration, but regardless, it heartens me to see such strong identities remaining true to their faith even online! Truly, your sharing spirit and love for others will bring many more people to the work!

Ress forwards, Saints, with steadfast faith in Christ!

Let the Love of Christ light your lives!

The Ultimate Archivist,

Foremost of scholars among mortal men, but utterly insignificant before the glory of God and his Christ.

50 minutes ago, UltimateArchivist said:

Hello, my spirit brothers and sisters of God! As it is the most efficient and certain way to gain heavenly knowledge in this mortal sphere, I was converted to this glorious gospel my merit of its truth long ago! My mission approaches, and I will be unable to speak to you during that duration, but regardless, it heartens me to see such strong identities remaining true to their faith even online! Truly, your sharing spirit and love for others will bring many more people to the work!

The Ultimate Archivist,

Foremost of scholars among mortal men, but utterly insignificant before the glory of God and his Christ.

Amen?

1 hour ago, UltimateArchivist said:

The Ultimate Archivist,

Methinks you like Downton Abbey, Isaiah's writing, Nephi's expounding in his second book and an excessive amount of Tolkien.

In other words, I like your style.

I can't wait till I'm going on my own mission.

3 hours ago, UltimateArchivist said:

The Ultimate Archivist,

Have you put your papers in yet?  Any idea where you're going to be headed?

Edited by Mason Wheeler

19 hours ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Have you put your papers in yet?  Any idea where you're going to be headed?

Fukuoka Japan! I am extraordinarily blessed!

21 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

In other words, I like your style

I appreciate that! Having read dozens of your additions to this website, know I feel much the same towards you.

Never read Downton Abbey, though. Sorry. I'm more of a Jane Austen fan.