Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

I guess beyond the thoughts I posted earlier about the Derethi, there really isn't any reliable/consistent way for us to know if someone is telling the truth about their conversion status, unless they claim to be converted, which seems unlikely to be a lie. I'm somewhat swamped with school, and will try to have coherent vague suspicions plus a vote by the end of the cycle, but that will be within 3 hours of cycle end if it happens.

3 hours ago, Mraize said:

"Well I hope the vendor didn't sell you a bad potion," Sahin said concerned. 

He watched as Ateshao's eyes behave oddly as if the man in front of him couldn't control them. His attention was slightly diverted as another brandy was placed before him. He picked up the mug and rose it in a late toast, then proceeded to gulp the sweet liquid down. He whipped his mouth on a sleeve.

"You know what I could go with is a duel. You duel?"

Probably not with the eye problem. Sahin winced. "Sorry I asked."

"Bartelemi, Arttesh, take a break for once. Relax! Have a beer." He directed to his voice. "What about you, sule? Another toast? To the king!" Sahin Arehe said, raising a third glass of brandy. He was glad that he could stomach his alcohol and the glasses were relatively small.

“Regrettable. I would’ve been up for a good spar, though I confess dueling has never been my forte. But what with this all,” Ateshao said, gesturing at his eyes, “I reckon mine eyes are shot ‘til things get better.”

He carefully cracked an eye open. Its pupil was dilated to a disturbingly large size, and he hastily shut it again. “Ash’s colors-cursed eyes, don’t rightly know what I expected, but not so much this,” he sighed, laughing a little to himself. “That potion man is kayana.”

Bartelemi, Arttesh, take a break for once. Relax! Have a beer." Sahin directed to his voice. "What about you, sule? Another toast? To the king!"

”To the king indeed,” Ateshao nodded, raising the glass that had just been placed in his hand to his lips, idly wondering what it contained as he took a sip.

"Say, does this place by any chance sell food?"

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

@Drake Marshall, that is absolutely true,  and a good call. I kept meaning to post, but I wanted to RP with Sheon Idris, who might is currently impersonating the king of Arelon.

And then I let my pursuit of the best become the enemy of the good.

Anyways, I'm here. I stand behind my idea of previous games, but I need to see if I can find a good lead.  My inactive - lynching idea was always just something to do in the event of a lackluster d1 conversation.  Mostly it was aimed at avoiding the unfortunate tendency to lynch the active players early and thus end up with a near-silent end game.

Excellent, Seonid.

Edited by Drake Marshall

13 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

“Regrettable. I would’ve been up for a good spar, though I confess dueling has never been my forte. But what with this all,” Ateshao said, gesturing at his eyes, “I reckon mine eyes are shot ‘til things get better.”

He carefully cracked an eye open. Its pupil was dilated to a disturbingly large size, and he hastily shut it again. “Ash’s colors-cursed eyes, don’t rightly know what I expected, but not so much this,” he sighed, laughing a little to himself. “That potion man is kayana.”

Bartelemi, Arttesh, take a break for once. Relax! Have a beer." Sahin directed to his voice. "What about you, sule? Another toast? To the king!"

”To the king indeed,” Ateshao nodded, raising the glass that had just been placed in his hand to his lips, idly wondering what it contained as he took a sip.

"Say, does this place by any chance sell food?"

"I believe so." Sahin said, waving a waiter down. "I would like some steamed crab and what ever this fellow wants."

The woman walked away and Sahin return his attention to his newly acquired friend. Sahin noticed Ateshao attempting to open his eyes. The pupils were larger than normal. There was a constant tic to both eyes. 

"What did that kayana of a merchant give you?"

He paused for a moment to rip a leg off the crab that just arrived. He dug the meat out and dipped it in butter. 

"I am a decent duelist. I can challenge him for you, Sule." Sahin offered between mouthfuls. 

Since I am new can anyone give me pointers. I want to RP as well as help. 

4 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I was suggesting the Derethi converts should claim. I was also suggesting we hold on to the Shu-Dereth pendants until someone we trust is converted and reveals that they were converted, and then use it on them so it helps them survive/gets rid of the Pendant without converting another player. I think you just misread my post?

Misread on my part. Reading it again it makes a lot more sense, lol. For some reason I thought you were advocating that each person with a Pendant uses it on a player that they think is village, and then attempts to keep that player alive. However, I still don't quite follow you when you say

If you use it on a player and then that player becomes a lynch target, it might be a good idea to alert people so a lynch isn't wasted(not sure this is a good idea though, since it defeats the purpose of having used it on said person a bit).

Using the Pendant is a day action, and it only cancels votes made that Day, so how would you have a situation in which Player 1 uses it on Player 2, Player 2 gets up for lynch, and Player 1 wants to alert people that they are Pendanting Player 2? Player 1 shouldn't just say "hey, I'm Pendanting Player 2, so don't waste the lynch"--they should either cancel their action or make their case about why Player 2 should be trusted.

Humor edit: I drafted up a response post in the doc, if you want to use that. :P

Edited by Elenion

12 hours ago, Elenion said:

In addition to Hero's clarification here in-thread, I asked one in my GM PM last night: the Gyorn's vote is not canceled by the Derethi Pendant. So not only are they not a Convert, they don't behave anything like a Convert (well, and we can't scan for them using the Pendants).

I'm not following you here. If the Derethi Converts aren't going to claim, then how are we going to know that they've been converted? And why would we want to help the convert survive? Converts can be Jeskeri just as much as they can be village, so lynching someone who had been Pendanted would be just like lynching them normally, except it pushes the Gyorn's win condition back a little bit.

I think that the Derethi Converts claiming is a good idea, so I'll go ahead and inform everyone that I am not currently a convert and I will inform everyone if I do become one.

Something maybe slightly alignment indicative here.

I wondered why Len would ask how the Gyorn's vote was influenced by the pendant. Kind of a strange question, really.

I don't really think the Gyorn would ask this though. Because, well, they'd probably be much more focused in the conversion powers of the pendant.

If anything, this seems like a possible way to discover the Gyorn later on in the game.

7 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

As for the Derethi Pendants, the only use I can think for them is to stop endgame lynches on villagers. So there doesn't seem to be too much harm in getting rid of them.

Why exactly is stopping endgame lynches on villagers not important...?

7 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If a player is a convert because they have a Shu-Dereth pendant, they might benefit from staying silent even if they would prefer not to become the Odiv. They could try to induce the Gyorn to convert them, only to give away the Shu-Dereth pendant before they become an Odiv. This would delay the Gyorn's win condition by an entire cycle.

If you were the Gyorn, it would be fairly risky to say something like this, unless you had already decided you wouldn't be swearing any of the initial converts.

Similar to Len, I'm guessing you probably aren't the Gyorn.

It strikes me that maybe the conversation is too focused on the Derethi. Granted, the Derethi mechanics are novel, and so there's more to talk about. And I believe our discusion of the Derethi is constructive. But also, if we don't have discussion about the Jeskeri as well, it'll be much harder to find them.

Just now, Mraize said:

"I believe so." Sahin said, waving a waiter down. "I would like some steamed crab and what ever this fellow wants."

The woman walked away and Sahin return his attention to his newly acquired friend. Sahin noticed Ateshao attempting to open his eyes. The pupils were larger than normal. There was a constant tic to both eyes. 

"What did that kayana of a merchant give you?"

He paused for a moment to rip a leg off the crab that just arrived. He dug the meat out and dipped it in butter. 

"I am a decent duelist. I can challenge him for you, Sule." Sahin offered between mouthfuls. 

Ateshao chomped into a sandwich, eating as hastily as was polite. Something in the potion made him really hungry, and being famished and drinking were two things that did not go very well together. Plus, this bar-whatsit served a right proper sandwich. Good, thick slices of warm bread, a generous portion of cured meats and melted cheese, sourkraut, and a good sauce to crown the lot.

"I am a decent duelist. I can challenge him for you, Sule."

"Many thanks for the offer, friend," Ateshao nodded gratefully. "I think my eyesight is improved, in some way, but not like I can control it, obviously... I reckon I'd rather share a few choice words with the man, and hear 'im out before it comes to the swordpoint, if it's all the same. Perhaps I should do this, soon..."

Ateshao took another sip of his drink, pausing to think for a moment.

"If you don't mind my asking, you be a lord by title, yes?" Ateshao wondered aloud, "But you don't very much strike me as hailing from Kae. What's the story what brought you into these parts?"

4 hours ago, Mraize said:

"Well I hope the vendor didn't sell you a bad potion," Sahin said concerned. 

He watched as Ateshao's eyes behave oddly as if the man in front of him couldn't control them. His attention was slightly diverted as another brandy was placed before him. He picked up the mug and rose it in a late toast, then proceeded to gulp the sweet liquid down. He whipped his mouth on a sleeve.

"You know what I could go with is a duel. You duel?"

Probably not with the eye problem. Sahin winced. "Sorry I asked."

"Bartelemi, Arttesh, take a break for once. Relax! Have a beer." He directed to his voice. "What about you, sule? Another toast? To the king!" Sahin Arehe said, raising a third glass of brandy. He was glad that he could stomach his alcohol and the glasses were relatively small.

Can I be blamed? I want to get into my character, reveal stuff through that. This is my first, so I am kind of new to this... If I had to vote it would be Kidpen. Red is to your vote right? and green is to rescind a vote...?

@Kidpen, here is the post where Mraize voted for you.

And to answer Mraize, you are correct about the colors of voting.

2 hours ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I was neutral.  Also, I was cast under suspicion very quickly that game, so I am trying to do better.

Sure, I just thought it seemed like you were staying out of discussion for the most part and it made me think you might be trying to stay out of the spotlight, which is usually what eliminators are trying to do. In my opinion, I think villagers should worry more about catching eliminators than not getting lynched(although obviously it is a bummer when you get lynched :P).

15 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Misread on my part. Reading it again it makes a lot more sense, lol. For some reason I thought you were advocating that each person with a Pendant uses it on a player that they think is village, and then attempts to keep that player alive. However, I still don't quite follow you when you say

Using the Pendant is a day action, and it only cancels votes made that Day, so how would you have a situation in which Player 1 uses it on Player 2, Player 2 gets up for lynch, and Player 1 wants to alert people that they are Pendanting Player 2? Player 1 shouldn't just say "hey, I'm Pendanting Player 2, so don't waste the lynch"--they should either cancel their action or make their case about why Player 2 should be trusted.

Humor edit: I drafted up a response post in the doc, if you want to use that. :P

It only cancels votes made that Day? Huh, yep, you're right. Okay, I thought it canceled votes from converts from that point on, so nevermind then. It was mostly just me rambling anyways...

Kainae wasn't precisely sure what his Monarch, the Mint Imperial, was requesting of her, but it was her duty as an artist to deliver. She struggled all day on her painting, and when she'd completed it, she still wasn't happy with it.

sketch-1523424209474.png

He'd wanted something that drew people to his area (whatever that meant) and she supposed that there was a sort of minty sunrise (or was that a minty explosion? She couldn't really tell, now that she looked at it closely) that could draw the gaze of viewers. That would suffice, right? She sure hoped so. But once again, some burst of white had made it into her art again, though at least this time it was off to the side and not completely dominating her work. Yet she still didn't know what it meant. Ah well.

So, sorry for my lack of posting. I've been keeping up with the thread, but I want to RP every post I make this game, and I want to have a picture in every RP, which means I have to find time to draw said picture, and between work and other things with life (I discovered shortly after signing up for this game that I have to move and I'll be doing that this weekend so yay), finding time for that is a little difficult. Though if others want to commission work like Stink did, that'll give me inspiration for what to draw and should help. :)

But anyway. Game talk. Most of what I would've liked to say has basically already been said. We can't trust anyone who's said they're not a convert, because it's nigh-certain a convert would lie, and I would wager that at least one of the converts has actually already said that they're not converted, so....yeah. For now, I shall not say one way or the other whether I'm converted (at least to the thread), and I don't think I'll change my mind on that. I agree with almost all of what Aman said, and I'd offer my own deal to people who contact me, but there's not really much point: I'm generally honest and open with my PM contacts so...yeah. I really just like talking to people in PMs. It's the part of these games I love the most.

There's been an awful lot of RP, which is great, but I've noticed that most of the people RPing a lot aren't really contributing any game talk, which is a problem. Not a terrible problem on D1, but if it continues past D1, I'll probably end up voting for one of those people. For now, Badger. @The Honey Badger, it's great to have you back, but I'd hate for you to forget about the game since it's been so long since you've played. Care to join us?

5 hours ago, Mraize said:

Can I be blamed? I want to get into my character, reveal stuff through that. This is my first, so I am kind of new to this... If I had to vote it would be Kidpen. Red is to your vote right? and green is to rescind a vote...?

Correct. Also, Blue is for out of game stuff, such as informing the group that you're sick and won't be able to post much for the next couple days, or what not. Blue should ONLY be used for stuff like this, and should always be truthful and not used to try to manipulate the outcome of the game. 

7 hours ago, Straw said:

For the Monarch’s inheritance, having it be a vote by the dead doc is probably the best idea.

For everyone's information, I'm on the fence about whether or not I would allow a dead doc vote for inheritance rules. Often times the dead have information that the living players don't have, such as who is an eliminator and who isn't, which could easily bias their voting. 

4 hours ago, Seonid said:

Anyways, I'm here. I stand behind my idea of previous games, but I need to see if I can find a good lead.  My inactive - lynching idea was always just something to do in the event of a lackluster d1 conversation.  Mostly it was aimed at avoiding the unfortunate tendency to lynch the active players early and thus end up with a near-silent end game.

Hey @Seonid, I have some really great signature banners you might be interested in... ;)

RULE CLARIFICATION: It has come to my attention that according to the Action Order it is theoretically possible for the Gyorn to convert any player and then immediately make them an Odiv in the same Night phase. That is more power than I intended for the Gyorn to have. I am leaving the Action Order as is, but I am appending a note to the "Swear and Odiv" action that states that the target player must be a convert before the action can be submitted, to prevent immediately converting then swearing someone. 

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Something maybe slightly alignment indicative here.

I wondered why Len would ask how the Gyorn's vote was influenced by the pendant. Kind of a strange question, really.

I don't really think the Gyorn would ask this though. Because, well, they'd probably be much more focused in the conversion powers of the pendant.

If anything, this seems like a possible way to discover the Gyorn later on in the game.

I'm glad that you're reading me as non-Gyorn. For the record, I was thinking that maybe Pendant-holders could use Pendants on those that were going to be lynched by an insurmountable amount (*cough* bandwagons *cough*). That way the Pendant's conversion wouldn't take effect, because the target would die, but the canceled votes might tell who the Gyorn is. While this is still a viable strategy to determine how many Converts were in the bandwagon, it can't scan for the Gyorn, so there's no incentive to have people use the Pendants early to attempt to catch the Gyorn voting. I didn't tell anyone that I'd asked the question until I got the negative answer, because if the answer had been yes then I would only have told people who PMed me to reduce the chance of the Gyorn learning that anyone with a Pendant could scan for them.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

It strikes me that maybe the conversation is too focused on the Derethi. Granted, the Derethi mechanics are novel, and so there's more to talk about. And I believe our discusion of the Derethi is constructive. But also, if we don't have discussion about the Jeskeri as well, it'll be much harder to find them.

I'll start off Jeskeri discussion: by talking about their win con to kill all other players. Normally a game ends at parity, because the elims have control of the lynch. Even though the Jeskeri have to kill all players, they still will control the lynch at parity, and the only thing I can think of that would stop them would be the Derethi winning first. End result: we can't plan on the Jeskeri win condition giving us a couple extra cycles. We need to take them out before they get parity. One advantage we do have, though, is that the Jeskeri are likely afraid of the Derethi, especially because of the chance of getting a double-agent Odiv in their doc, and the Gyorn is almost certainly afraid of the Jeskeri kill.

*Realizes that I've only quoted Drake* Ah well, he brought up the best points. Can't argue with that.

7 hours ago, Straw said:

Mint: Check in to see if he needs anything delivered.

Straw

Let it be known that this errand boy must face justice.

4 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Well, I looked over all of the posts so far, and here are my initial feelings on everyone:

Hasn't posted: Wilson, Honey Badger, Dalinar
Elantrians: Kynedath, Cadmium, Drought
Mostly or only RP: Imperial Mint(STINK), Mraize

Mint was glad to see that at least some others knew how to address their one true king. Though he did wonder what exactly Lopen had uttered under his breath afterwards. Was that a curse? Alas, Mint still had little information about the local culture so there was little he could do except hope for someone to teach him. 

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

Kainae wasn't precisely sure what his Monarch, the Mint Imperial, was requesting of her, but it was her duty as an artist to deliver. She struggled all day on her painting, and when she'd completed it, she still wasn't happy with it.

sketch-1523424209474.png

He'd wanted something that drew people to his area (whatever that meant) and she supposed that there was a sort of minty sunrise (or was that a minty explosion? She couldn't really tell, now that she looked at it closely) that could draw the gaze of viewers. That would suffice, right? She sure hoped so. But once again, some burst of white had made it into her art again, though at least this time it was off to the side and not completely dominating her work. Yet she still didn't know what it meant. Ah well.

Mint gazed upon his commissioned work, and knew that he had made a good decision in choosing Kainae as the one to paint. Bar the subtle white shift to the right of the painting, there was a clear message within about Mint spreading his influence throughout the land, which could only be a good thing to come.

Maybe the white was a contender to his rule? Or just a quirk of the painting? Who knows, it could even be some third unseen option. 

.... a big post just got eaten by the site (and definitely not by my mistake of accidentally going a page back)...

Okay, so in summary: Seon-holders can't make PM's with elantrians according to the rules. Announcing that you're going to protect the current lynch target with a pendant without providing reasons is going to get you lynched, and the Jeskeri will probably target converted people over non-converted people (if they know who is and isn't converted) with their kill if all else is equal as that increases the time before the Gyorn wins.

Heh, I should lose posts more often, I can be a lot more concise if I'm slightly annoyed and unwilling to redo work.

@randuir While it is true that Seons in Elantris were against the rules before the start of the game, Hero released the following ruling a few days before the game started:

Sending Seons into Elantris: I originally posted in the rules that Seons cannot be used to create PMs with Elantrians, but in skimming through some of the original LG12 stuff I noticed that I allowed it in that game, so I decided to go ahead and allow it here. Seons may be used to create a PM with any player, including those in Elantris. 

So anyone with a Seon is free to PM Elantris. :) 

8 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Well, I looked over all of the posts so far, and here are my initial feelings on everyone:

Hasn't posted: Wilson, Honey Badger, Dalinar
Elantrians: Kynedath, Cadmium, Drought
Mostly or only RP: Imperial Mint(STINK), Mraize
Neutral: Joe, Arinian, Araris, Elenion, Devotary, Bort, Kidpen, Aman, Seonid, Lopen
Slightly village: Straw(gut), King Cole(couldn't think of anything to say so didn't force something to appear village), Drake(can't remember), Randuir(gut), HH(only posted RP, but I feel like he'd have wanted to post game discussion to appear village if he was evil)
Slightly elim: Steeldancer(posted about getting the focus back on Jeskeri, but backed down once Joe responded, so it kind of felt like he was trying to get village points and didn't actually care if discussion turned to the Jeskeri), Eternum(posted once about having stuff to talk about and then doesn't talk anymore), Pyro(I kept up with LG43 a little, and he seemed more involved in discussion in that game than he is right now. Also, he's keeping his vote on Kidpen which I thought was more of a joke than a serious vote, which seems a little strange.)

I left it to RNG between my 3 suspects and it chose Steel. Along with the point I brought up above, I'd also like to hear what you meant about getting the Derethi to help you catch the Jeskeri. Given the village's win con is to kill Jeskeri and the Gyorn and Odiv, I don't see how you could recruit them(I guess a joint win is technically possible, but it would be practically impossible to pull off). Plus, I don't know how the Gyorn or Odiv could help the village...actually, if the Odiv was previously a Jeskeri, they could possibly help prolong the game by revealing a Jeskeri or 2 if the village is about to lose. But still, doesn't seem likely to happen.

Vote tally:

Kidpen(2): Pyro, Mraize
Araris(1): Joe
Seonid(1): Drake
Steel(1): Lopen

Getting the derethi to learn about the jeskeri was purely RP. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. Bob is a detective, who’s main focus is finding the murderers. It’s supposed to show his tendency to want to exploit people. 

Also, the reason I backed down was because as I said, joe made a good point. Discussion on the Jeskeri seems a bit pointless, while Derethi is something we know slightly more about. I decided that I would find it more suspicious starting next day if people don’t start focusing on the Jeskeri. Because, I think the Jeskeri would be more likely to redirect attention onto the Derethi, to fly under the radar themselves.

Edited by Steeldancer

Ok, day one suspicions...

Kidpen, for his very early eliminator claim. Dangerous move, playing it risky regardless of his alignment. If he is village, then he is making a bad joke. If he is eliminator, he is hoping it will be assumed to be a bad joke. Also, he claims to "always claim to be an eliminator," but having never before played alongside Kidpen, I do not know how true this is. Can anyone who has played with him before chip in on this?

Young Pyromancer, for his very early cycle SHOUTING... Don't shout that early on please. Some folks are still in bed :P

A Joe In The Bush, for his DensiTea pun (oh, and his discussion of 'the doc'.. Only a mind as twisted as a Jeskeri could come up with a pun that terrible. (Side note, well played Joe, brilliant pun).

Drake Marshall, for his and Joe's references to their 'doc'. Granted, I suspect they are just trolling us all, but that could just as easily be the point. We dismiss them as trolls, where they are counting on that, and so manage to sneak under the radar as we concentrate on other people.

Steel, for his comment about the Jeskeri making no point. Joe should be on the list for this too, but he is already here for something else, so that's really two marks against Joe's name now.

Out of these five, it wouldn't surprise me to discover that one of them really is a Cultist. Probably just one of them though. I might be back to change this by the end of the day, but for now, Joe.

@Drake Marshall I think there would have to be a fairly specific setup for the Derethi pendant to actually make a difference in winning the game. Especially since a blocked lynch would mean that the next thing to happen would be an elim kill, so the village would be worse off than before. I think the only time it could really make a difference is if people start going inactive and the elims do a hammer before they have actually won. And again, that wouldn't help much if the Gyorn is still running around. Everyone else had sort of decided that the pendants weren't helpful, so I was trying to think of a possible use, but this what I came up with was somewhat specific.

6 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Correct. Also, Blue is for out of game stuff, such as informing the group that you're sick and won't be able to post much for the next couple days, or what not. Blue should ONLY be used for stuff like this, and should always be truthful and not used to try to manipulate the outcome of the game. 

Mobile makes that hard. The color change isn't there for me. Thank you for the reminder!

49 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Drake Marshall I think there would have to be a fairly specific setup for the Derethi pendant to actually make a difference in winning the game. Especially since a blocked lynch would mean that the next thing to happen would be an elim kill, so the village would be worse off than before. I think the only time it could really make a difference is if people start going inactive and the elims do a hammer before they have actually won. And again, that wouldn't help much if the Gyorn is still running around. Everyone else had sort of decided that the pendants weren't helpful, so I was trying to think of a possible use, but this what I came up with was somewhat specific.

It doesn't block the lynch though. It blocks votes against a specific person by converted, so the lynch will just target someone else.

Edited by randuir

2 hours ago, Bort said:

Kidpen, for his very early eliminator claim. Dangerous move, playing it risky regardless of his alignment. If he is village, then he is making a bad joke. If he is eliminator, he is hoping it will be assumed to be a bad joke. Also, he claims to "always claim to be an eliminator," but having never before played alongside Kidpen, I do not know how true this is. Can anyone who has played with him before chip in on this?

Nobody else has played with me either. Mwahahahahaha  Edit: I like messing with peoples heads.

Also, Mraize, you offend me.

Edited by Kidpen

Mint's personal court was set. He'd finally managed to drag a chair all the way to the perfect place, which was quite impressive for an actual mint which is smaller than a chair leg.

Hopefully, the painting was going to deal with what Mint was attempting, but if it didn't then at least he got something out of it. Should have commissioned a banner as well, or a royal banner.

"People of... this city. My personal court is now officially declared open for all non-sweets. I'm open to all petitions one desires to open, and will devote my attention to all. Do not feel afraid to approach, all questions will also be answered."

And with that, Mint awaited a response.

I want to get a vote down, so I'm going to put mine on Bort. I don't think any of this joking about the doc is suspicious, especially since most of it was just playing follow-the-leader. Maybe the first person to bring it up might be a bit more suspicious, but after that it looked to be people looking for some lighthearted humor. (Although if he is right, I'm going to look really bad for this.)

6 minutes ago, STINK said:

Mint's personal court was set. He'd finally managed to drag a chair all the way to the perfect place, which was quite impressive for an actual mint which is smaller than a chair leg.

Hopefully, the painting was going to deal with what Mint was attempting, but if it didn't then at least he got something out of it. Should have commissioned a banner as well, or a royal banner.

"People of... this city. My personal court is now officially declared open for all non-sweets. I'm open to all petitions one desires to open, and will devote my attention to all. Do not feel afraid to approach, all questions will also be answered."

And with that, Mint awaited a response.

I pulled my trenchcoat up tight, and headed to the royal palace. It really was too bright outside during the day. 
"My king, I need a breath mint. Can I eat you? My breath has got to be fresh before I go face this lady." 

Edited by Steeldancer
pov

Daoate let out a sharp gasp at the Imperial Mint's words. Had he really just referred to himself as just "Mint" and left out the "Imperial" part? Shockingly minty fresh.

Also, does anyone else really want to see the Imperial Mint get stabbed? I do, if only so we can start using Polo jokes ("Polo: The Mint with a hole").

29 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I want to get a vote down, so I'm going to put mine on Bort. I don't think any of this joking about the doc is suspicious, especially since most of it was just playing follow-the-leader. Maybe the first person to bring it up might be a bit more suspicious, but after that it looked to be people looking for some lighthearted humor. (Although if he is right, I'm going to look really bad for this.)

I actually agree with you, for the most part, but I do seem to recall an eliminator using that exact tactic in one of our games from years ago. I'll admit though, I might be remembering it, or I might be remembering talking about someone doing that. Besides, it's the first day cycle of a long game, no-one has any real suspicions yet, and I suspect we'll see a few more poke votes before the day is done.

Edit: Oops, sorry for double post.

Edited by Bort

50 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I agree with this. Even if you do talk about how I am suspicious. Bort