QF70: Observation Report 3 - Kleptoparasitism

|TJ|

OBSERVATION REPORT 03

XX-XX-XXXX

SUBJECT: KLEPTOPARASITISM

TALKING ABOUT LIMITED RESOURCES FROM MY PREVIOUS REPORT, IT SEEMS THAT SOME BIRDS HAVE RESORTED TO WEIRD MEANS TO OBTAIN THEIR FOOD. IT HAS BEEN OBSERVED THAT THE FLOCK GROWS NOT BY ANY OTHER MEANS BUT SNATCHING THE FOOD OFF THE HARD WORK OF INNOCENT BIRDS. SUCH KLEPTOPARASITISM IS RAMPANT AMONG THESE BIRDS AND HAS ADVERSELY AFFECTED THE NATIVE BIRDS OF ELENDEL. IMMEDIATE ACTION TO REVERSE THIS COURSE MUST BE TAKEN.

neil the beguiled was eliminated! He was a member of Elendel Constabulary!
Stick was killed! She was a member of the Octet!

Vote Count:

neil the beguiled(4): Sart, Faerie Braids, Drake, JNV
Faerie Braids(3): Kasimir, Stick, neil the beguiled
RoyalBeeMage(1): Alvron
Sart(1): RoyalBeeMage
JNV(1): Aeoryi

Cycle 2 has begun and will end on February 13th, 01:00 AM GMT. Please try to bold your votes, and give retractions in green. @TheRavenHasLanded has been warned for inactivity.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Aeoryi
  2. @RoyalBeeMage
  3. @Kasimir - Detective Kowalski
  4. @TheRavenHasLanded - Riven
  5. Amanuensis - Maikul "Truthwatcher" McGee Octet
  6. @Sart - Sam
  7. Stick. - Stick Octet
  8. @Faerie Braids Secretary-Constable Vivienne Bell
  9. @DrakeMarshall - Marshal Drake
  10. neil the beguiled Elendel Constabulary
  11. @JNV
  12. @Alvron - Ylath
Edited by |TJ|

To the real Insider - assuming you're still alive.

If you want to claim and indicate who you want dead, I might take it under advisement. If you are able to convince me by this cycle, then we win full stop.

If you don't want to claim, that is also a valid strategy, since it leaves you hidden, and once I die, you will control the NK, and will be free to take a shot at the Contact. You will win as long as you can avoid getting executed for 1 cycle.

Up to you 🫡

It really just depends whether you'd rather play offensively or defensively.

edit:

To the village - you also have a choice in front of you.

Namely, whether you vote for me or not.

There are honestly pros and cons on either side.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

This does not spark joy. Well, we're in do or die territory now. Unless an extreme long con is happening, the informant is dead. We have two paths to victory.

Option One: We kill Drake now. That leaves us one Cycle to find the Insider and kill them, before they kill the Contact.
Option Two: We kill someone besides Drake. Of course, that leaves Drake open to submit the night kill, and potentially hit the Contact. Plus, we run the risk of hitting the Contact ourselves. However, that gives us better odds of hitting the Insider. Basically, it's a push your luck tactic.

These options also suppose that Neil was not the Insider. If Neil was the Insider, then all we have to do is kill Drake. We know Neil was not the Contact, otherwise the game would be over.

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I am the doc senate

It's similar to evil, but with more lulz

##Vote DrakeMarshall

12 minutes ago, Sart said:

This does not spark joy. Well, we're in do or die territory now. Unless an extreme long con is happening, the informant is dead. We have two paths to victory.

Option One: We kill Drake now. That leaves us one Cycle to find the Insider and kill them, before they kill the Contact.
Option Two: We kill someone besides Drake. Of course, that leaves Drake open to submit the night kill, and potentially hit the Contact. Plus, we run the risk of hitting the Contact ourselves. However, that gives us better odds of hitting the Insider. Basically, it's a push your luck tactic.

These options also suppose that Neil was not the Insider. If Neil was the Insider, then all we have to do is kill Drake. We know Neil was not the Contact, otherwise the game would be over.

If we kill drake we have double the amount of cycles until lylo

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

##Vote DrakeMarshall

If we kill drake we have double the amount of cycles until lylo

How so?

• Cycle 2, we kill Drake. Therefore, the Insider has possession of the kill. Cycle 3, we must kill the Insider, or the Insider kills the Contact, leading to game loss. It's lylo in Cycle 3.
  • Cycle 2, we don't kill Drake, gambling that we won't hit the Contact. Cycle 3 we then kill Drake. We'd be at lylo on Cycle 4 in that scenario.

Technically speaking, we might have already lost. Drake has a 1 in 8 chance of just randomly hitting the Contact, winning the game for himself. It's also possible that Neil was the Insider. Which would mean we would just win if we kill Drake.

This sucks. I'm going to enjoy the delicious irony if it turns out Drake killed his own Insider. Drake

4 minutes ago, Sart said:

How so?

• Cycle 2, we kill Drake. Therefore, the Insider has possession of the kill. Cycle 3, we must kill the Insider, or the Insider kills the Contact, leading to game loss. It's lylo in Cycle 3.
  • Cycle 2, we don't kill Drake, gambling that we won't hit the Contact. Cycle 3 we then kill Drake. We'd be at lylo on Cycle 4 in that scenario.

Technically speaking, we might have already lost. Drake has a 1 in 8 chance of just randomly hitting the Contact, winning the game for himself. It's also possible that Neil was the Insider. Which would mean we would just win if we kill Drake.

This sucks. I'm going to enjoy the delicious irony if it turns out Drake killed his own Insider. Drake

NK doesn't happen= 1 death per cycle 

💀

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

and what are they?

Sart has the right idea :P

I don't actually have a strong preference vis a vis which option you guys pick. It isn't obvious to me that one is very much better than the other.

7 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

NK doesn't happen= 1 death per cycle 

💀

Killing me won't stop the NK ☠️

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

Sart has the right idea :P

I don't actually have a strong preference vis a vis which option you guys pick. It isn't obvious to me that one is very much better than the other.

Killing me won't stop the NK ☠️

Who's to submit the NK then?