@Amanuensis:

Thread PM: Kas - Aman

Spoiler

Hey ThreadPMBro how's it going? Thoughts on the sitch, Neil's Aeo read?

@DrakeMarshall

Thread PM: HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL Kas - Drake

Spoiler

yo u wanna gun for a roletrade and see if we can get a two streak going 👀 

Thoughts:

-I'd like to see the Stick/Neil interaction play out.
-Village's job should be to be as noisy as possible. I don't usually bother with strategising but we have a paucity of discussion and I know SE doesn't tend to play Avalon type rulesets as much, so it's worth saying. Ideally if you are not the Contact or the Informant, your job is to appear to be the Contact or Informant* (lol) to force the Elims to miskill.
-Contact needs to be subtle. I'm sorry but what Stick did in Araris's game was not bloody subtle, and we got punished for that with a Village loss :P If you are correct all the time or your inferences are too sharp, you will be caught. If you are leading the charge too much, you will be caught.
-Insider is going to be especially problematic IMO because the Insider flips Village so has an incentive to appear as Villagery as possible. As I pointed out to TJ, the trade-offs for subwoofing in this ruleset are quite different and this Elim is set up for it.
-Informant's job is to be strategic about the names handed over (try to give super connected ones so the Contact can work the rest out), and otherwise, ngl my main reaction at this role was to tell TJ "poor bugger." Informant flips Elim so your job is to look as Evil as possible to your teammates while quietly helping the Village - the moment the Elims feel the Elim doc is clean, the Village has lost one hell of an advantage. As much as you can keep them Spiderman pointing at each other and sussing each other, our operating environment is way easier to work in.
-Slight Jain off Raven. Don't feel it's a useful reaction either way.

-I like Neil's attitude but don't feel I can give a read off it right now.
-Dubious of Aeo. Probably most likely to vote Aeo
-Aman ???
-Good to see Sarge again 👀 @Alvron

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Hide contents

yo u wanna gun for a roletrade and see if we can get a two streak going 👀 

Spoiler

yea sure

i have this funny google doc link in my gm pm im too afraid to open it

what about u 👀

10 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Are you sure about that 

I approved this game, sis :P I also helped TJ build very small bits of it.

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Spoiler

If so, do you need me to answer that for you bro? 

What's the doc like? 👀 I expect a threeway Spanish Inquisition and will be thoroughly disappointed if there's no such thing smhhhh

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Hide contents

If so, do you need me to answer that for you bro? 

What's the doc like? 👀 I expect a threeway Spanish Inquisition and will be thoroughly disappointed if there's no such thing smhhhh

Spoiler

i told you dawg im too scared to open it

its not safe to open strange hyperlinks

its like the internet equivalent of getting in the back of a white van offering candy smh

maybe its a virus !!!

why is nobody  reacting to my decree that they’re outed mafia waddahell.  anyways kas why are you not obvtown in one post this game? your suspicion on aeo feels very clinical and otherwise i’m not sure what to make of your commentary given it’s nai at best :P. 

You're welcome for needing me to inform you about how your role works :P 

nice soft

1 minute ago, Stick. said:

I’m literally 100% villager now because I’d have talked with my teammates and discussed this, it seems like an important detail. Huzzah. 

@neil the beguiled change your read 

nice soft  

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Spoiler

smhhhh Drakebro get in there and tell me what it's like

or at least make it 42069 pages i have faith in u

u r the murderpuppy destroy the van devour it and make it urs

own it smhhhhh

Just now, neil the beguiled said:

why is nobody  reacting to my decree that they’re outed mafia waddahell.  anyways kas why are you not obvtown in one post this game? your suspicion on aeo feels very clinical and otherwise i’m not sure what to make of your commentary given it’s nai at best :P. 

I've mentioned why enough in the thread and find it distasteful to repeat myself or blue things - if you don't think I'm obvtown, maybe ask yourself if you are Village 😄

2 minutes ago, Stick. said:

I’m literally 100% villager now because I’d have talked with my teammates and discussed this, it seems like an important detail. Huzzah. 

THE INSIDER DOES NOT GET ACCESS TO THE ELIM DOC SIS WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SMOKING

god is she village

is this just E!Stick doubling down because I cannot even wtf actually

Just now, Kasimir said:

THE INSIDER DOES NOT GET ACCESS TO THE ELIM DOC SIS WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SMOKING

god is she village

is this just E!Stick doubling down because I cannot even wtf actually

Lol i know that but my point is the elims have probably spoken about the insider no? Surely they have discussed these things. I’m clearly not the insider cuz I’d have read my role PM. And I’m clearly not an elim bc I’d have talked with my teammates about our mystery teammate. 

i’m a tonereader and your tone is whack. you’re stilted and seem to lack the sort of natural confidence i’ve seen in my prior games with you. :P. and i’m not a fan of the overblown defensiveness either /shrug

edit:

also sussing aeo is so easy to do as mafia because she practically wraps herself in free miselim wrapping paper and sits underneath the tree :/. why do you think aeo is sussy wussy this game?

edit2:

why do i sound like didistetter

Edited by neil the beguiled

1 minute ago, Stick. said:

You haven’t explained why aeo is village 

would you believe me if i said i forgot about right now

edit: 

er to be concrete it was a kind of impulse read but based on the vote on uhhh . the one person. i noted that they’d been lurking for a bit and i kinda ascribed aeos vote to that for reasoning which makes me wanna think this is v!aeo. huff.

Edited by neil the beguiled

7 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Lol i know that but my point is the elims have probably spoken about the insider no? Surely they have discussed these things. I’m clearly not the insider cuz I’d have read my role PM. And I’m clearly not an elim bc I’d have talked with my teammates about our mystery teammate. 

I'm not confident the Elims would've picked it up, because simply put, I keep missing things about this game and again, I helped TJ build it and approve it. As much as two days ago, I was grilling him on scenarios that involved some factor of the rules (especially the flips element) that just slipped both our minds. So I'm not really sure I feel super convinced this is a V!slip - I can see that, but from my experience, it's also really absurdly easy to overlook. 

6 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

i’m a tonereader and your tone is whack. you’re stilted and seem to lack the sort of natural confidence i’ve seen in my prior games with you. :P. and i’m not a fan of the overblown defensiveness either /shrug  

I will state this once and for the record, then: I have stated prior to this game beginning that:

On 2/7/2024 at 9:46 AM, Kasimir said:

Expecting to be more sporadic than usual this game. NAs celebrate Turkey Day, East Asians celebrate Dragon Year (with China and Taiwan doing the full week/ten days short of the actual twenty-three), and it's going to cut into this game, but why let RL stop me from establishing a more healthy relationship with SE 😔

I've been dealing with squalling kids all day and this will be my life for the next three to four days, I absolutely hate kids, every parent thinks their spawn is absurdly adorable which is not my position on this, and I haven't remotely been able to get personal space to even grieve the death of the one guy who gave a damn about me back when my form teacher herself was bullying me, as I alluded to in my first post. I'm sure there are layers on which we can talk about whether this is an rational emotion but this is the Dragon Year, everyone's expecting me to be happy and chipper. This is the one place I'm not gonna mask the fact I'm bummed out and actually just either emotionally flatlined or barely functional right now.

You wanna vote me for it, don't let it stop you, have fun.

Edited to add:

Should I have pulled out? Maybe, but TJ needed every player he can get, and a depressed, flatlined Kas is still a Kas who can meet a two post minimum and do the basic job. I don't really care to do more, and if you feel you need to vote me, you do you.

Edited by Kasimir

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Reveal hidden contents

smhhhh Drakebro get in there and tell me what it's like

or at least make it 42069 pages i have faith in u

u r the murderpuppy destroy the van devour it and make it urs

own it smhhhhh

Spoiler

fine i will just have a small peek

just for u bro ❤️

edit: i regret everything

10 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

also sussing aeo is so easy to do as mafia because she practically wraps herself in free miselim wrapping paper and sits underneath the tree :/. why do you think aeo is sussy wussy this game?

Does she? After the last two Aeo MLs, I explicitly took the position in MR67 and the QF that I wanted to be careful about her because I'm aware that her chaosplay tends to trigger my 'this is Evil!' instincts. In my view, she's very good at appearing Village given pressure, so there is no reason not to elicit more from her by testing her pressure response. Aeo's very clearly hanging back this game and had a muted entrance which is unusual - I'm not going to cut her slack for it and I'm concerned the hanging back is best explained by the fact the Elim doc is dealing with shuffle squats trying to figure out what they wanna do about the Informant.

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:
  Reveal hidden contents

fine i will just have a small peek

just for u bro ❤️

edit: i regret everything

Spoiler

thank u bro ❤️

why tho

12 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

would you believe me if i said i forgot about right now

edit: 

er to be concrete it was a kind of impulse read but based on the vote on uhhh . the one person. i noted that they’d been lurking for a bit and i kinda ascribed aeos vote to that for reasoning which makes me wanna think this is v!aeo. huff.

Fine you can be village 

Just now, Stick. said:

Fine you can be village 

why is neil town

Does she? After the last two Aeo MLs, I explicitly took the position in MR67 and the QF that I wanted to be careful about her because I'm aware that her chaosplay tends to trigger my 'this is Evil!' instincts. In my view, she's very good at appearing Village given pressure, so there is no reason not to elicit more from her by testing her pressure response. Aeo's very clearly hanging back this game and had a muted entrance which is unusual - I'm not going to cut her slack for it and I'm concerned the hanging back is best explained by the fact the Elim doc is dealing with shuffle squats trying to figure out what they wanna do about the Informant.

Reveal hidden contents

thank u bro ❤️

why tho

ehhh my general opinion of her player archetype is that. thought tbh i’ve not actually seen that happen so maybe not. i don’t rlly think that aeo wanting to hang back is exceedingly ai (especially after seeing her hyperpost in a recent MU wolf game of hers) so i don’t generally agree with your conclusions. lol i guess about elim doc that’s not something i’ve been thinking of..? I don’t think the inner concerns of the elim doc should be too huge of a concern right now because like. idk i think that sort of informant machination becomes a feature later in the game rather than sooner. mafia will eat each other sooner or later so why not sit back and watch?

Aeo and Neil are villagers ahahah

6 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Yo ho.

Riven stood by. "Yo, Kowalski. you got anything i can do?"

And my non-elim streak continues.

I might believe this too. :hmm: TBD.