Long Game 98: A Tale of Mists and Metals

Araris Valerian

"I'm absolutely against a Sirta flip," Onon said, simply. "According to the spirits, the strongest possible tell that Sirta isn't Spiked is that he says something so eyerollingly crazy you wonder if you're looking at the same set of evidence. I emphasise: this isn't just the sort of tell where you go 'huh, this is weird.' It's when you get a powerful, visceral sense that Sirta is utterly crazy that it works. The spirits say that in past lives, I've always found him to be Spiked when he seems fairly reasonable to me, and Village when I absolutely do not understand what he's been drinking."

"Part of my motivation for pushing Sirta was to see if I could force that sort of 'oh Jahidi what exactly are you smoking even' response out of him. I'm satisfied with this read, and I think Sirta is Village here. This means one of the multiplicity of protective powers is Spiked, which draws my attention back to Rem and Sono."

"Sirta. I guess I'm going to have to throw out all the shiny new reads I gained based on Lord Pending's false claims. This has been informative though, so I'll not count the time as entirely wasted."

Rilla went back to her reading.

2 hours ago, Sart said:

"Are you rusting kidding me???"

Sirta angrily chucked his beer at the lord.

"I was trying to keep a low profile, in order to get the Spiked to hit a Thug! I was planning on revealing my misdeed eventually but instead you completely derailed the conversation before I even had a chance! I'm now in danger of dying, you're in extreme danger of dying, and you're trying to swing the vote to someone who was already in the lead before you intervened. If you really are a villager, I leave my vote on you in protest!"

Lord Pending ducked the beer with an undignified yelp. It shattered on the wall behind him.

"I'm sorry!"

"But hear me out! Please don't throw another beer at me," Lord Pending pleaded.

"Last I checked, you very much were in the lead before I intervened, and the votes had fallen off of Sono. You can say that it might have switched back onto Sono, but the current trajectory was very much pointed towards you."

"And there's not much actual reason for the spiked to go after you, unless you had at least 3 vials of steel at the beginning of all this, which is really quite a lot."

"...And finally, the cat was already somewhat out of the bag. While it's possible that the spiked didn't know about your powers, they have the distinct advantage that they can communicate with each other and figure this stuff out. If multiple villagers could work it out, the chances that they might work it out seems... Well it's not a sure thing but it's fairly significant."

"If I placed you in danger, I apologize. That was not the intent. I sincerely didn't believe I'd have been putting you in much additional danger if you turned out to be village, and honestly that is still my view, but... Sorry if I'm wrong about that."

EDIT:

Lord Pending started writing a new list. This one was also a list of the living townsfolk, but it had different colors. Surely they meant something.

• Dasenk
  • Sirta
  • Sonoluminescence
  • Onon Khentii
  • Rem
  • Jorrick
  • Rilla

ED2T:

Vote Tally

Sono (4) - Pending, Sono, Rem, Onon
Pending (2) - Dasenk, Sirta

ED3T: Lord Pending thought for a moment and erased Jorrick's name in grey markings and wrote it in the same light green as Rilla's. He remembered that Jorrick has a tell that was relevant here.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

"Oh, yeah," sighed Onon, rubbing at his temples.

If Sono were Evil, then they once again had to play tetris (a popular game in Khlennium) to figure out who Sono's accomplice were. One point still nagged him: why hadn't Sono just feigned a successful protect? Easy enough to do, and he would've been riding in Village credit. The answer he could make out was that Sono was gambling that Rem's death would ease pressure on Sono but that still felt unsatisfactory.

Yet among the living, Onon was struggling to identify a coherent partner for Sono. Pending had steered the exe back onto Sono with his stunt, and Rem had been so direly committed to killing Sono that it seemed passing strange to assert they might be partnered. It also generated double Lurcher problems, though Onon supposed those at least were not insurmountable.

Rilla...was possible, Onon supposed. Just strange.

Sirta he ruled out, and he tentatively clung to the shreds of his reasoning on Jorrick and Dasenk.

What if Sono wasn't Evil, though? (To be clear, yesterday, Onon had felt Sono looked fairly Evil, with the exception of his claim and the disposition implications thereof.)

The struggle was to understand why Rem had made a push for Sono, knowing that Sono's flip would damn him in turn, much less why Rem had claimed last Night. He supposed it could be to gain Village credit, but how much was there to be gained by revealing the seeming-incongruity of two Lurchers?

The entailment still seemed pretty solid, however. Onon struggled with the notion of how much protection there was. Someone in that lot had to be Evil. 

In addition, what was the point of Pending's play then? For trust? Onon suppose it was possible, yet hesitated on it. Sirta looked fairly Village in either world, and you didn't need a complex play like this to gain trust. Anything else, he bracketed for the moment - Copper's Bend was poorly served by people failing to keep a check on their paranoia. Rilla's flip-flopping and indecision still looked a little bad here, though. Onon knew the standard plays when you thought you had received reliable information. Rilla's initial hesitance didn't feel like a good look.

"Assuming Sono is spiked, I'd favor going after Dasenk next but could pretty easily be persuaded to go after Rilla first."

"Assuming Sono is not spiked, I will be very surprised, honestly, but I think our next step would probably have to be to hang Rem. Unless you wanted to hang me, of course, but I can't really weigh in on that meaningfully."

Lord Pending paused for breath.

"Oh, also, if nothing else changes, it seems likely that Sono will switch onto me near the end of the day. Which currently will result in another tie, and thus a repetition of the first day. We have plenty of time to decide on a course of action before then, but... Just thought I should mention that."

Edited by DrakeMarshall

37 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

"Assuming Sono is not spiked, I will be very surprised, honestly, but I think our next step would probably have to be to hang Rem. Unless you wanted to hang me, of course, but I can't really weigh in on that meaningfully."

"It feels like it'd have to be in Rem or you, but I'm struggling to understand why Rem forces the Sono exe here or yesterday and claims. Sure, you can parlay it into some IKYK at some point, but it's still odd," Onon said, slowly. "But I suppose I just don't fully agree with the Rilla read. It's known that Rilla doesn't lie, which would make her a poor candidate for a Spike, but I almost think that Dasenk is just as strange a partner here. Ultimately I just don't find hesitance a compelling or a good response to supposed intelligence on who the Spiked are: the more reflexive response seems to be cast the accusation then think about it or work it out a little more."

Onon added, a few moments later. "But the Immortal Teacher tells us about an episode that may be instructive here, of a Meerkat that did something rather foolish indeed. I think there's a slight analogy here and that's that immediacy is a good look, hesitance might indicate too much information. Certainly, I hesitated, but I also did know something was coming, just not what."

"Sono hesitated, and then went back onto Pending, which might be worth noting. Then again if you really want to do this properly..."

He began scribbling on a sheet of paper. Jahidi, why were there so many papers around this village?

Response Typology:

<Counteraccuse>: Sirta
<No Hesitance>: Rem
<Ignore>: Onon
<Calculating...>: Sono, Rilla, Dasenk

"In my view," Onon said, "We'd expect the same pattern of responses, by and large, from those with extra information and those without. Spiked, I expect, and this of course assumes for the moment this isn't a Spiked ploy by Pending, would be more contaminated by extra information and hesitant. By this logic, Rem's lack of hesitance is a good look. Sirta's aggressive response also lacked hesitation. I ignored it, but of course, I knew you were up to something, so my response was partially-contaminated."

"Sono and Rilla are the clearest for hesitance or calculation, in my view. Dasenk does come after them, but the pool was sufficiently muddied I'm not sure it's completely damning. Either way, I do think a Sono flip is necessary for everyone's peace of mind at this point. So in answer to Sono's question: because we gain closure. I wouldn't recommend flipping you if we could possibly do without, but it isn't quite over yet - there are eight of us, and probably two of them, maybe three. If we foresee the question of your loyalties coming up again and again, it's best to gain closure and to move on together with surer knowledge of where to apply pressure than to be relitigating this fight all over again when the Spiked are about to kill us all."

Edited to add:

"I'd re-emphasise I don't think this is purely informational, though I think the informational reasons are a strong case. I'd point to your seeming suspicious yesterday, alleviated only by the claim. I'd also point to the fact that it's down to you or Rem, which is a situation Rem and Pending both separately instigated in different ways.

I actually do think Sirta is Village, so this commits me to one Spiked between you and Rem. Again, to retrace the logic for everyone here: the abundance of protection is balanced out by the existence of a Coinshot. Sirta's being Village (if that's where your belief falls, which I think is the reasonable position here) then all but necessitates at least one of the protections being Spiked. This pushes us to selecting between you and Rem."

Edited by Kasimir

"My reservation with suspecting Rilla first is mainly just that she argued somewhat forcefully that hanging a Seeker before the accused was out of order," Lord Pending admitted. "I feel like under the circumstances, this was almost the only sane response for a villager of Copper's Bend who didn't have any extra information. What's more, she had an ostensible reason to hesitate before weighing in. Rilla had been out of the loop, and she was catching up on what had been happening in Copper's Bend for the last few days."

"On the other hand, I have to agree that the hesitation still looks bad. I believe it would have been fairly natural for the spiked to hesitate before doing anything. Indeed, a significant part of what I found suspect with Sono was the hesitance to actually take a stand and vote on the issue right away, despite seeming immediately certain that I was lying. I also believe it may have been fairly natural for the spiked to make some effort to differentiate their eventual responses as a way of distancing from each other and hedging their bets. Sono initially opposing my claim and Rilla initially supporting it is in line with this."

EDIT:

34 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Again, to retrace the logic for everyone here: the abundance of protection is balanced out by the existence of a Coinshot. Sirta's being Village (if that's where your belief falls, which I think is the reasonable position here) then all but necessitates at least one of the protections being Spiked. This pushes us to selecting between you and Rem."

"Essentially, yes," Lord Pending nodded.

"Well, in order to be maximally precise and rigorous, we ought acknowledge that the ability to protect others isn't the only ability the mists have bestowed on people that might counterbalance the ability to kill. It is possible that the Spiked were gifted the ability to survive situations that would kill an ordinary person."

"Personally, I'm of the belief that a spiked with the ability to protect people makes more sense, though, for a number of reasons."

Edited by DrakeMarshall

"Perhaps I should leave my thoughts before I die.

1. I hate the direction this vote is going. Sirta's got a point. Why is Pending invoking the ancient art of "Trolling"? Seems like a massive spiked indicator after today.

- this is farther doubled down as "why is Pending trying to expose the Coinshot in public, why on earth did the coinshot claim"

2. Sirta claimed coinshot a bit too quickly. Part of me wonders if this is a pending-sirta scheme, to make them look very far apart. I don't think the coinshot should ever claim, even if they're allegedly scanned as a red. Claiming in these letters is far more secure, and is honestly what the rational mind would think of first.

The Pending push by itself doesn't make him look good; but Pending doesn't know that the coinshot has a low amount of charges left, so fake-claiming a scan would only harm the village coinshot. Additionally, at that point he was not believing that I was a villager, so he probably didn't buy into the s!coinshot so much, meaning he had no reason to believe the CS was Spiked, and thus not a sufficient reason to try and expose their identity.

Of course, if he [Pending] and Rem are teamed, then they would've known the coinshot was village, and all that above is rust and ruin.

As for why sirta claimed, maybe he might mention why (number of metals available), but not necessarily. But Sirta is the kind of man who would shoot a newcomer, so I don't necessarily doubt the verity of it, just the timing.

3. Lord Pending, now that I think of it, seems absurdly strange. His explanations for his actions seem... partial, implying there might be something more motivating him, like a spiked. Certain times of the lord's speeches he's given have some mild indicators, like the "Was that a slip from Onon?" Thing at sunset yesterday.

4. Rilla's sudden appearance is interesting but noted. I have reason to think she might be the tineye. Has the tineye claimed yet? No. (Don't)

5. Jorrick doesn't seem to be a so-called "spiked" persay. He is known for not exactly communing with others so well when he is nice. We'll give Jorrick the Village read for this.

6. Initially, I thought all of Rem's aggression was explained by him being a Lurcher. However, it appears there is something behind it, maybe. Re-evaluate if neither Pending nor Sirta are spiked.

Rem seems to be trying to use the excuse that 'I'm a lurcher, he's a lurcher, there can only be one lurcher in Copper's bend.' But now that I think of it, s!Rem wouldn't want his shield (me) to die, cause then he would have to frame the coinshot, or the thugs he knows little about.

7. Dasenk's acting quite quiet. I wonder why. 

8. Pending believes that Rem is Villager over myself (he said in a letter), and intrinsically believes the second lurcher must be elim. If he doesn't follow through with that after my death, a Rem-Pending team is quite likely.

I think Pending and Rem are both capable individuals. S!rem's last comment at sunset d1 might've been a set-up, but that's reaching a bit too far

So, my current theory is that a Sirta-Pending or Pending-Rem team is aloof. Pending I feel is the link in most of my theories, and as such, perhaps we should look closer at that.

And there you have it. Most of my scenarios have Pending as an elim link, which leads to me answering this:

9 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

*Insignificant Fluff*

"On the other hand, I have to agree that the hesitation still looks bad. I believe it would have been fairly natural for the spiked to hesitate before doing anything. Indeed, a significant part of what I found suspect with Sono was the hesitance to actually take a stand and vote on the issue right away, despite seeming immediately certain that I was lying. I also believe it may have been fairly natural for the spiked to make some effort to differentiate their eventual responses as a way of distancing from each other and hedging their bets. Sono initially opposing my claim and Rilla initially supporting it is in line with this."

"How many hours is it until the end of the day, Pending?"

EDIT (?)

Sono also scribbled down another note for people to read, which was a somewhat shortened version.

I will tell you, do not overlook Rem. Pending appears to have already 'pre-read' him, which doesn't do wonders for his reputation in my eyes, and therefore leads me to the biggest team thought I had: Lord Pending and Rem are both Spiked.

Due to how quickly Sirta confessed after being allegedly scanned, I have mild reason to suspect a Lord Pending and Sirta team, but other indicators point me away from this.

Additionally, I cannot say I like how Pending has rooted out the village coinshot. Quite the unmotivated villager move, but quite a traditional fishing spiked move. Something is off about that entire chain of events, and I think the easiest explanation is that Pending is spiked.

Edited by Ookla the Resolute

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"How many hours is it until the end of the day, Pending?"

"That's LORD Pending thank you very much," Lord Pending sniffed.

He checked his Khlenni pocket watch.

"And it's about 10 hours. I don't see how that's relevant to this matter."

"I'm not impressed by your arguments that I'm spiked, but you know that already, seeing as you already sent them all to me in a letter, and I already told you so."

"I approve of fighting back, regardless of whether you're village or spiked, but I'm not the type to be baited into a brawl. Other people can decide for themselves if they think the spiked teams you've proposed seem to make sense."

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

"That's LORD Pending thank you very much," Lord Pending sniffed.

He checked his Khlenni pocket watch.

"And it's about 10 hours. I don't see how that's relevant to this matter."

"I'm not impressed by your arguments that I'm spiked, but you know that already, seeing as you already sent them all to me in a letter, and I already told you so."

"I approve of fighting back, regardless of whether you're village or spiked, but I'm not the type to be baited into a brawl. Other people can decide for themselves if they think the spiked teams you've proposed seem to make sense."

"I'm not trying to bait you into a brawl." Sono smiled. He knew the Lord would never accept hand to hand combat, or whatever they did back in Alendi's place.

"And if I recall, your reaction to my reasons I sent in the letter said that they were persuasive but you weren't spiked. Just saying." Sono continued, "It isn't close to the end of the day. I don't have to change my vote just quite yet, although I do agree that we should leave this up to the other denizens of Copper's Bend to decide. I will die as a Village Lurcher, and I'm sure others know that too. Now what will you die as?"

He had one more thing to address, "It could also be noted that I decided that in the event I am to be executed, it will be more beneficial to the village to have the contents of my letters, as I feel they have some value, regardless of my alignment."

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

"Oh, also, if nothing else changes, it seems likely that Sono will switch onto me near the end of the day. Which currently will result in another tie, and thus a repetition of the first day. We have plenty of time to decide on a course of action before then, but... Just thought I should mention that."

@Quirksliver @JNV

"I don't really care where you end up at this point, but if you're interested in averting a tie, you should probably vote one way or another."

"I have, I will admit, entirely run out of craps to give by this point, which is unfortunate for Pending and Sono because that generally activates the part of me that just wants them both dead. Cut through the Gordian knot, so as to speak."

5 hours ago, Kasimir said:

@Quirksliver @JNV

"I don't really care where you end up at this point, but if you're interested in averting a tie, you should probably vote one way or another."

"I have, I will admit, entirely run out of craps to give by this point, which is unfortunate for Pending and Sono because that generally activates the part of me that just wants them both dead. Cut through the Gordian knot, so as to speak."

Jorrick sighed. "I too just want them both dead at this point, but if forced to take a stance, I would say Sono. I will be fairly busy for the rest of today and may not be able to return before end of day. Please notify me if some cataclysm happens and needs my presence."

"I'm going to be taking some awful pharmaceutical concoction which is probably going to knock me out for the rest of the day until past sunset," yawned Onon. "So please, do try to manage to avoid a tie, whatever you do, try not to burn down Copper's Bend, or Jahidi only knows what else. I will try to be back earlier but am not optimistic."

"Because of that, I'm going to give things one last go here."

A. Sirta Appears Village

"I think the main key point to stick with is that Sirta here looks unambiguously Village to me. I base this off the fact that the spirits inform me that in past lives, my most successful reads of Sirta have always been based off this one, single point: I unambiguously, viscerally think he's stark raving nuts when he's Village, and quite understand where he's coming from when he's Spiked. Now, that's enough to drive a man to drink, since it has uncomfortable implications about my Village lives living in harmony with Sirta's Spiked lives, but let's bracket that theological point for now. I'm getting powerful stark raving nuts energy from Sirta, and moreover, I think the immediacy and aggressiveness/persistence of Sirta's response is a pretty good look.

I'll note that if you don't share this view of Sirta, then this is probably a non-starter for you but hey this is for my benefit too."

B. This Entails Spiked Protection

"I think Sirta being Village likely entails the Spiked have some form of protective powers. The enemy is cunning and likely to have defenses against any powers that we can muster in our defense. This implicates both the claimed Lurchers, as well as the Thugs. This forms the basic suspect pool.

Our immediate conflict here is between Sono and Rem, both of whom have claimed Lurchers.

There has been an intermediate complication because Pending claimed to have scanned Sirta as a Spiked Coinshot. I'll point out that there is no world in which the Village has both a Seeker and a Coinshot - that allows a PoE clear to happen way too quickly. In any world a Seeker and a Coinshot exist together in this small village of Copper's Bend, they would necessarily be opposed - one Spiked, one loyal.

I want to bracket Pending for the moment as I think he's orthagonal to the problem."

Onon flourished a large sheet of paper:

C1. The Case for Sono

• (-) Early claim potentially suggestive Sono didn't fear NK, but rather the exe. Dangled claim as though anxious to make it/tantalise.
  • (???) Behaviour just doesn't really make sense for E but doesn't entail V, e.g. claiming extremely early. 
  • (-) P.S. Sono's 'why did you claim publicly' logic at Sirta fails his own test since he did that and did it prior to Rollovet without significant exe pressure which is arguably worse.
  • (-) While Sono shifted into gear after claiming, this appeared more performative than actual analysis, cf. connectives that were trivially true as they focused on players who weren't present.
  • (-) Commitment to staying alive less likely reflective of a Village attitude, though agreed some people just are that way.
  • (+) Claimed to be protecting me last Night - could easily have arranged for a Spiked kill gambit to gain credit from a successful protection.
  • (+) Missives show village attitude - thinking of village disposition after execution. Did not share in village square without prompting, however.
  • Pragmatically, we need to not be relitigating this again and again at the last sunset.

C2. The Case for Rem

• (-) Potentially too quick to V!read Revir when Revir fits the profile of a suspect Rem would usually think Evil (Rem passed this off as a gut read)
  • (+) Strength of push against Sono makes little sense if E - surely Rem would know he would be next.
  • (+) Potentially attacked last Night (subtract this point if you believe this was a gambit.)
  • (-) Relative contentment with a tie last sunset, despite votes not being present.

"I think I'm sticking with my vote," he concluded. "I'm really tempted to switch given Sono's recent remarks, but..." he trailed off.

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

"I'm going to be taking some awful pharmaceutical concoction which is probably going to knock me out for the rest of the day until past sunset," yawned Onon. "So please, do try to manage to avoid a tie, whatever you do, try not to burn down Copper's Bend, or Jahidi only knows what else. I will try to be back earlier but am not optimistic."

"Because of that, I'm going to give things one last go here."

A. Sirta Appears Village

"I think the main key point to stick with is that Sirta here looks unambiguously Village to me. I base this off the fact that the spirits inform me that in past lives, my most successful reads of Sirta have always been based off this one, single point: I unambiguously, viscerally think he's stark raving nuts when he's Village, and quite understand where he's coming from when he's Spiked. Now, that's enough to drive a man to drink, since it has uncomfortable implications about my Village lives living in harmony with Sirta's Spiked lives, but let's bracket that theological point for now. I'm getting powerful stark raving nuts energy from Sirta, and moreover, I think the immediacy and aggressiveness/persistence of Sirta's response is a pretty good look.

I'll note that if you don't share this view of Sirta, then this is probably a non-starter for you but hey this is for my benefit too."

B. This Entails Spiked Protection

"I think Sirta being Village likely entails the Spiked have some form of protective powers. The enemy is cunning and likely to have defenses against any powers that we can muster in our defense. This implicates both the claimed Lurchers, as well as the Thugs. This forms the basic suspect pool.

Our immediate conflict here is between Sono and Rem, both of whom have claimed Lurchers.

There has been an intermediate complication because Pending claimed to have scanned Sirta as a Spiked Coinshot. I'll point out that there is no world in which the Village has both a Seeker and a Coinshot - that allows a PoE clear to happen way too quickly. In any world a Seeker and a Coinshot exist together in this small village of Copper's Bend, they would necessarily be opposed - one Spiked, one loyal.

I want to bracket Pending for the moment as I think he's orthagonal to the problem."

Onon flourished a large sheet of paper:

"I think I'm sticking with my vote," he concluded. "I'm really tempted to switch given Sono's recent remarks, but..." he trailed off.

"I just have one more consideration. Who will you look for next after I flip? What if I flip as a non-lurcher, or as a spiked?"

53 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"I just have one more consideration. Who will you look for next after I flip? What if I flip as a non-lurcher, or as a spiked?"

"SonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescence."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

"SonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescenceSonoluminescence."

Pending

because that's where the trouble starts, I think

"Based on a short PM interaction and some of Sono's statements so far, he worries me a lot. The way he's acting doesn't fit with my Paradigm of How Most Villagers Act. It confuses and frustrates me, and I don't like it. He's played before. Yesterday he said he was a Lurcher when he really shouldn't have. Today he said, in front of everybody, that he used his one Lurcher charge - meaning if he's village, the Spiked know they don't have to worry about kill protection from him anymore. If he's Spiked, he claimed to have Lurched someone who wasn't attacked, meaning that we can't tell whether or not he ever had a charge, and he becomes free to use it on whoever he wants. Just now, he asked me in a letter what if he told me he lied about being a Lurcher. This feels, to me, a bit too noncommittal and convoluted for it to be a useful village move, *especially since he wasn't pressured into a roleclaim, he claimed in a way that seemed almost like a new person's mistake - which it shouldn't be, because he's seemingly had plenty of past lives."

edit: "*especially since he wasn't pressured into either the role or the action claims and he claimed in a way that... "

Edited by Quirksliver
I wanted to be a bit more specific and fix the grammar

Following Rem's survival, Sonoluminescence was quick to acknowledge that she was had not been involved. Unfortunately for her, the townsfolk had trouble stomaching the presence of so many loyal villagers with access to pewter and iron. Arwhin and Pending had both been emphatic about the danger Copper's Bend was in, and most everyone trusted at least one of the two.

Near midday, Pending caused something of a stir by the means of an obscure Terrisian holiday. As none of the current residents of the Bend had been to Terris, they didn't object too much (aside from Arwhin, who nobody took heed of). But when his disturbance ended, nothing much had changed besides Sirta's temper being roused and some beer staining a wall of the local tavern.

When the votes had been tallied, Pending, Rem, and Rilla cornered Sono, intent on her execution. In a last ditch attempt to preserve her life, the architect burned iron, only to realize that the folk coming for her bore no metals. Sono checked the other blue lines her power revealed, but none of them was substantial enough to grasp, and shortly her reserves of iron ran dry. Empty of power, and abandoned by friends, Sono was unabe to stop the crowd from hauling her off the the gallows. But upon inspection of her corpse and belongings, it became clear that Sono was a loyal villager.

Sonoluminescence was a Village Lurcher!

Night 2 has begun, and will end at 6PM EST on Thursday the 30th!

Vote Tally
Sonoluminescence (5): Jorrick, Onon, Pending, Rem, Rilla
Pending (3): Dasenk, Sirta, Sonoluminescence

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ravenclawjedi42 as Dasenk, a suspicious historian
  2. @Sart as Sirta, a boisterous gentleman with a hankering for drink
  3. Aeoryi as Sonoluminescence, an architect that enjoys not working Village Lurcher
  4. @Kasimir as Onon Khentiiconman and ostensible psychic who speaks with the dead
  5. @DrakeMarshall as "Lord" Pending, a presumptuous nobleman of somewhat dubious origin
  6. @Archer as Rem, a high-stakes gambler
  7. @JNV as Jorrick, a methodical carpenter
  8. TheRavenHasLanded as Revir, a compulsive thief Vanilla Villager
  9. @Quirksliver as Rilla, an insane "matchmaker" 

Edited by Araris Valerian

"What? This makes no sense! Surely we just haven't searched thoroughly enough for a spike on the body," Lord Pending blustered. "Surely we just need to check again."

If Sonoluminescence wasn't spiked, then the number of mistakes Copper's Bend could afford to make had just gotten very small, particularly if one of the Thugs was spiked.

The odds didn't look very good for Copper's Bend.

Rem kindled a fire to throw his notes into. "This is fine."

"I have no intentions of joining our... I guess ally then! I have no intentions of joining Sono in the Great Beyond, so I will be making liberal use of my Lurcher ability to defend myself." He fingered his coin purse subconsciously. "Actually no, I'll flip a coin to decide whether I self protect or if I stand guard outside the home of someone I trust."