Quick Fix 65: More Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

13 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Yeah, tho I don’t believe any other combination for him covers all six tiles  

Yeah, I was going to say, it's possible but calling MaiPon Sticks religious items is a bit of a stretch :P

Hey @xinoehp512 @Cinnamon @The Wandering Wizard @The Bookwyrm @Shining Silhouette come do something

After poking around their strange collection of objects for most of a day, J'aman voiced his own suspicion that Jariel was the killer, citing the fellow's partly empty flask of acid as a potential murder weapon along with a Korathi pendant tucked into Jariel's back pocket. An immediate impression filled J'aman and the other SPFers' minds that the accusation was incorrect, and the other folks refused to make their own voices heard. Whether this was due to an unwillingness to press forward so early into the investigation, or for more... nefarious reasons, remained to be seen.

The Ja, sensing his communication had been successful, refocused his will in an attempt to give an extra clue to the Investigators. The effort exhausted him, but perhaps someone had received the message.

xino, Cinnamon, Wiz, Bookwyrm, and Shining all failed to post in C1, and have been removed from the game. Xino has been replaced by @Whysper, so welcome her to the game! I'm waiting to hear from Stick and any other pinch hitters, but after a bit I'll announce any other pinch-hitters and where Accusation attempts have been redistributed to. Remember that removed players can still be Accused (and removed as the Witness).

Spreadsheet

The cycle will end at 5PM Eastern Time on Sunday the 19th!

Oracle Clues:

Spoiler

1 2 3 5
Cause of Death Location of Crime #4 Evidence Left Behind Victim's Clothes Time of Death Corpse Condition
Suffocation Palace/Keep Natural Neat Dawn Still Warm
Severe Injury Manorhouse Artistic Untidy Morning Stiff
Loss of Blood Temple/church Written Elegant Noon Decayed
Supernatural Farmhouse Manmade Shabby Afternoon Altered
Poisoning/ Sickness Hut/shack Personal Bizarre Dusk Intact
Accident Safehouse Invested Naked Night Twisted

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. xinoehp512/@Whysper - Jacob
  2. @JNV - Jen
  3. Cinnamon - Jude
  4. The Wandering Wizard - Jango
  5. @The Known Novel - Jounger Gerri
  6. @StrikerEZ - Jariel
  7. @Ashbringer - Jekyl
  8. @Sart - Jerome
  9. @Matrim's Dice - Jatrim
  10. @Amanuensis - J'aman
  11. @Kasimir - Jean-Guy Chrétien
  12. @Archer - Jello
  13. @|TJ| - JJ
  14. The Bookwyrm - Jerald
  15. @Fifth Scholar - Just Judge Jehoshaphat
  16. Shining Silhouette - Jaculiferous Jack
  17. @TheAlpha929 - Jorazh

Naked and Twisted, huh. 

Hut/Shack could be a Parshendi settlement. IIRC there's some Parshendi war ritual. Naked and Twisted fits the bill. 

Could also be a kill via Whitespine in a Parshendi settlement. 

Debate topic: when someone is ritually sacrificed, is their body Twisted or Altered? Altered carries a connotation of intentionality, but Twisted introduces a perversion element. 

I'm going to argue against Fire being a possibility now because Still Warm is the obvious choice for that one. 

Twisted fits nicely with the plant attacks or spell trouble possibilities

26 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Naked and Twisted, huh. 

Hut/Shack could be a Parshendi settlement. IIRC there's some Parshendi war ritual. Naked and Twisted fits the bill. 

Could also be a kill via Whitespine in a Parshendi settlement. 

The catch is the Accident description

17 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Animal attacks could be termed as Accidents tbf. 

That was more about your Parshendii idea. Parshendii is also Aman's tile, and I feel like the Assassin wouldn't have helped us out by burning their guess like they did last cycle. He also has Fire and Rathbone Monk, for the record. 

My holdup about animal attacks is that I agree with Kas' comment that animals would have had Wilderness associated with them instead. That also puts a damper on my plant theories 

Edit: I'd also like to argue against acid based attacks, since they decay the body. Kind of

Edited by Archer

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

My holdup about animal attacks is that I agree with Kas' comment that animals would have had Wilderness associated with them instead. That also puts a damper on my plant theories 

But Whitespine or like Chasmfiends are not found in the Wilderness. Well, I wouldn't term Shattered Plains as Wilderness. 

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

Fits the other rituals as well. Though I think if it was a ritual Araris probably wouldn't have removed the In Progress tile over, like, 'Noon'. That to me suggests that the time of day is more important than the religion clue.

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

Debate topic: when someone is ritually sacrificed, is their body Twisted or Altered? Altered carries a connotation of intentionality, but Twisted introduces a perversion element. 

As Kas would say, potayto potahto difference for me. I think the more important distinction is 'not intact' as opposed to 'not altered'. And what Ash said.

3 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

What I first thought of when I read “naked” and “accident” was died while on the toilet or something, it doesn’t just have to be something that destroys the clothing (wait did I already say something like that? Well, if I did I’m saying it again)

What clues would you think that points to?

1 minute ago, The Known Novel said:

B) 

Seriously was not expecting that. I thought the religious connection was too tenuous, but I guess not.

I mean. Araris did take it out, to be fair. I really thought Hut/Shack would throw people off (especially when compared with literally every other location title) and Naked I didn't think would be connected either. I thought that picking two unrelated things would benefit me, but in picking the clues, Araris went for individual ones (such as Manmade for DW, Accident for HS) instead of trying to combine them. I think you got lucky in picking DW over the many other Manmade things I have but I guess there was Archer's point that Mug of Ale and the like would have more naturally been paired with Feast.

It is fitting that I would be bested by a tunnel :P. But it isn't a tunnel if it's right, eh? :eyes:

Anyone want to guess my teammates?

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean. Araris did take it out, to be fair. I really thought Hut/Shack would throw people off (especially when compared with literally every other location title) and Naked I didn't think would be connected either. I thought that picking two unrelated things would benefit me, but in picking the clues, Araris went for individual ones (such as Manmade for DW, Accident for HS) instead of trying to combine them. I think you got lucky in picking DW over the many other Manmade things I have but I guess there was Archer's point that Mug of Ale and the like would have more naturally been paired with Feast.

It is fitting that I would be bested by a tunnel :P. But it isn't a tunnel if it's right, eh? :eyes:

Anyone want to guess my teammates?

My thought was it was hut/shack because it was the only building that could be crushed easily, and clothing was crushed as well. That was my logic, but that was just another cause for my uncertainty. 

Teammates plural? Also, did you get a doc or anything or were you just going blind?

Just now, The Known Novel said:

My thought was it was hut/shack because it was the only building that could be crushed easily, and clothing was crushed as well. That was my logic, but that was just another cause for my uncertainty. 

Teammates plural? Also, did you get a doc or anything or were you just going blind?

I suppose your mind is one with Araris' :P. Tbh I was feeling good yesterday and today I think we were gonna muddy the waters with one of us guessing like Mat/Highstorm/Mug to throw people off with the 'no' but we... did not get that far xD

Yep! :D. And there's a doc. It's not very long, and half of it is charts :P.