Long Game 90: Undiluted Powers

Araris Valerian

46 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Wow … we’ve lost three village already, that’s not good!

edit: ngl I just reread that and it sounds super scripted :ph34r:

Honestly, this is pretty normal. We're lucky we have enough people this game that we can lose three villagers and not have that big of an impact.

*waves*  If you had a PM with Devo, feel free to help Araris out by adding me to it.

Edit: If you'd rather keep personal conversations private, feel free to start a fresh PM with me instead

Hey @The Bookwyrm this post makes me think you're trying to be more evilly strategic with your vote and are over-reacting to the vote (what'd you expect - someone not to die?). Saying this stuff out loud feels like you're laying groundwork more than genuinely processing the game. 

Well.

That was unexpected.

Kas analyses were helpful, and I am sad to see them gone.

I am going to do a lot more waiting before I vote this time around. See how things play out a little more. I don't want to be hasty, and I think I can work on gathering information based on people's actions a little more.

Expect a vote in the future, though.

Everyone else, has anyone claimed yet? Any common assumptions that're being made? How were y'all reading Devo?

Edited by Archer

41 minutes ago, Archer said:

Everyone else, has anyone claimed yet? Any common assumptions that're being made? How were y'all reading Devo?

Only Stick has claimed, I don't really believe the claims much, but could be a possibility.

Common assumptions? None that I can remember off the top of my head. 

I always have a hard time reading Devo, and I haven't really been able to pull anything from them, so honestly just Null.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Welcome Archer! 

Kas had a great post analysing end of D1 where he decided it looked good for Devo. I think mostly she was read as null or vil.

Edit: Had thoughts about the EoD but forgot to write them before I posted :P

Based on a quick read through I feel better about Stick than before. Also liked Devo's thoughts (well those are gone now :P.) and I'm still trying to decide on Illwei. 

I'm leaning towards V/V for the top lynch candidates right now and the conclusions that arise from that. Still don't feel too great about Bookwyrm, though. 

Edited by Shining Silhouette

1 hour ago, Archer said:

How were y'all reading Devo?

Leaning village, see my reads list from last turn. But the real question is how will I read you :P 

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

What did Stick claim? I didn't see that.

Wiz might be talking about her Mistborn and Thug claims but I thought both of those were obvious jokes. The MB one certainly was at least.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Ninja’d by Wiz :P

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

How about you, are you vill?

Yup!:lol:

Do you know how many spiked there should be? Is it a set number/percentage or is it random?

Edited by Cinnamon
added question to avoid double post

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Yup!:lol:

Do you know how many spiked there should be? Is it a set number/percentage or is it random?

Same tbh

There’s no set number, but typically it’s around 25% with a margin for error either direction. So I’d say 5, but it could be 4 if they have more powerful roles. Probably not 6 but who knows 

Edit: and yeah I denied Stick the question clear earlier but that one seemed pretty natural. I could tinfoil coaching but I’d be kidding myself if I said it was anything but tinfoil 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Hey @The Bookwyrm this post makes me think you're trying to be more evilly strategic with your vote and are over-reacting to the vote (what'd you expect - someone not to die?). Saying this stuff out loud feels like you're laying groundwork more than genuinely processing the game. 

Looking back, I can see why that seems to be the case. This is going to seem like a hollow excuse, but talking (or in this case, typing) helps me process my thoughts, and I thought it best to share those thoughts and intentions on the thread. It's something that I do for me just as much for anyone else. This probably isn't convincing, but it's the truth.

The reason I found it unexpected was in part because I had come to expect Kas's analyses, and because I had temporarily forgotten that the Spiked faction got to eliminate one person after every night phase. It was just kind of jarring. 

I do realize I'm new here, so my mannerisms are probably less like those of other people who're more experienced. And I do realize I'm leaning on the "new player" card a lot this game. I'm having fun, though so that's good!

Rylim was somewhat disgruntled with the lack of progress in the situation. And now with food prices being raised in order to prevent a critical shortage...things weren't going well. Himself and his house would be fine; they were nobility. They had money and food. Rylim was more worried about the Skaa nearby; how would they react? How likely were they to take out their anger on him and House Libran?

Rylim had suspects among the nobility of Tyrian Falls that he guessed were Spiked, or at least allied with them. Evenlyn Royale was a noble socialite that Rylim had only recently met, but there was something...off about her. He couldn't exactly explain it.

Even amongst the Skaa there were suspects. Rylim had never been as invested in their lives as he was now; learning how they lived, how they thought, who was prominent among them. Rylim needed to know how the Skaa worked so that he could protect his house, but also so that he could root out the Spiked.

Things were growing stressful, and the condition of Rylim's father was growing worse. Rylim hoped that he wouldn't find himself a House Lord, only to die within the next few days.

And if things went wrong, he would die. Either by the hand of the Skaa in their anger, or by the hands of the Nobles who sought his power. He knew that there were many who suspected that he himself was spiked. He needed to give himself an alibi, a way to ensure them that he wasn't. If he failed, he would pay with his life.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

45 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Looking back, I can see why that seems to be the case. This is going to seem like a hollow excuse, but talking (or in this case, typing) helps me process my thoughts, and I thought it best to share those thoughts and intentions on the thread. It's something that I do for me just as much for anyone else. This probably isn't convincing, but it's the truth.

The reason I found it unexpected was in part because I had come to expect Kas's analyses, and because I had temporarily forgotten that the Spiked faction got to eliminate one person after every night phase. It was just kind of jarring. 

I do realize I'm new here, so my mannerisms are probably less like those of other people who're more experienced. And I do realize I'm leaning on the "new player" card a lot this game. I'm having fun, though so that's good!

I like your strategy of questioning yourself so I feel redundant bringing up those points about you when building a case. :D. My argument would be that the delay of having to type things out naturally filters out immediate emotional expression, unless it's e!performative. 

Your vote placement also puts you high on my suspect priority list. If we guess 5 elims, because one early mistborn flip likely means many power roles and therefore a beefier elim team, they're probably not all going to be on two wagons, barring a e-v top two scenario. 

The side trains are:

Book (2): Shining, Devotary
Mat (1): JNV
Cinnamon (1): Book
Devotary (1): Alvron

Having done little back reading, of those I know Devo is the type of vote Alv would make. I'm pretty sure they made the same choice in that Rithmatist game with the Thief because they like to try and get past the hard to read nature of Devo's style. 

I'm gonna assume Devo had good reason to vote you, which means I assume Shining did too. 

So I'm eying you and JNV as the players who are most likely to have voted elsewhere for the sake of splitting up the elim vote. Not retaliating against the voters on you is also a sign you didn't feel endangered, which can be elim indicative. 

Again, I haven't read anything so this ignores context like vote timing. And stated reasons. But you fit a lot of general elim trends. 

3 hours ago, shadow1 said:

I'll be pretty choked if Cinnamon turns out to be elim. Sort of soul read them as a villager now that I've seen more play :) I also think Archer seems villagery with their entrance.

I'm edging towards this just being how Archer pinch-hits, but if anything it's e!indicative since he did the same thing when pinch-hitting for e!kas in the Alcatraz LG.

8 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

I'm edging towards this just being how Archer pinch-hits, but if anything it's e!indicative since he did the same thing when pinch-hitting for e!kas in the Alcatraz LG.

Ah, good to know. I'll probably leave him at null then.