Long Game 90: Undiluted Powers

Araris Valerian

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Turtle if you're the Tineye I will find this hilarious until the end of time

11 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I have,,,, no idea how to take this. 

WSH AMOCLIPLFAA 

noting the use of the word ash, my immediate thought was to go to ash’s number in the d1 post count and then to go to that number on the words but all I’m getting is ‘their’ which is absolutely unhelpful.

how does one prove the appellations are lie-filled? 
and what on earth is crispy language? 

appellation: the act of giving one a name or a title, or a title itself. 

what. 

turtle is definitely the tineye and when they saw that nobody was trying to solve their puzzle they decided to do it themselves

(real post in the works i just wanted to make a funny)

Hey everyone! Just popping in to remind you that I am your friendly neighborhood IM. If you have any questions, concerns, or just need a vent session, feel free to shoot me a PM. I will do my best to monitor the game, but I won't always catch everything. If you see something concerning, don't hesitate to tag me or PM me.

Also, we have a ton of new players this game. If you haven't already, check out the SE General Rules & Etiquette Policy thread. That's where you'll find the rules about voting, editing posts, PMing, and more.

Have fun!

Edited by Elandera
Added link

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Everyone making a stance on xino either way would be helpful, though.

Perfectly neutral, as all things should be.

On a serious note, I'm thinking V, because it didn't feel like there was much pushback against him, or even much elim activity in general. Which suggests the elims weren't in danger really.

Wasn't trying to pull a Baker, but it's a shame they killed Kas despite me and Dannex seeding some paranoia in-thread.

Nice graphs, tineye :P

Thoughts on xino are that I'm leaning slight village. I'll be rereading the last cycle anyway and will come back with a more concise view.

12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Secondly, @Conquestor, I'm curious about your xino vote in particular, but more so about your other reads and general thoughts on the game, after being notably absent last turn. Conq's usually much more vocal which I think could be significant but I'd like to give him a chance to contribute before I formally suspect him for it. I'm also curious where @Alvron and @shadow1's thoughts lie.

I'm insanely busy with RL and I haven't gotten an hour to myself to parse the game yet which is super disappointing :( I'm just generally having trouble following the arc of the game/keep track of all the players in such a large game and I dont know how to process day 1 given the amount of posting/RP/meta I don't get built in. Classic newbie things even though I've played this game lots, y'all just have a different style here.

Just starting on day 2, I tend to rely on posts to read people that just feel off because I've found this far and away more successful than building conspiracy theories in terms of accuracy. As it stands, Illwei reads like that to me but I'm pretty sure they always do (they're one of the people I've played with a few times). I also find Turtle's tone off (ex

That and some other posts read as nervous to me. It's a tonal read so hard to explain but it seems the most off of anyone today.

Also, question for @The Bookwyrm

What was unexpected about Kas dying? Admittedly I have not read much of Day 1 (just tried to skim to keep up while on vacation) but he seemed to be doing the work of a small army in terms of solving.

2 hours ago, shadow1 said:

What was unexpected about Kas dying? Admittedly I have not read much of Day 1 (just tried to skim to keep up while on vacation) but he seemed to be doing the work of a small army in terms of solving.

As Mat mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a deviation from the current meta of low info kills, meaning killing low activity or low interaction players.

Leaning a null+ Xino, possibly up to slight village

Hello ninjas

I have a moment to analyze and I'm gonna try something different. One player at a time, as that would work best for me, and my limited time today. (Future Wizard: No this didn't work better, not at all)

@Cinnamon

D1 - Retaliatory poke vote. Apologizes for the vote, but doesn't remove it. Vote stays and Cinnamon doesn't get on to remove it. Probably times zones.

Given that and the fact that they're new I'd read that as Null.

N1 - Missed rollover, had planned to change vote, thought that voting was e! indicative. Disappeared again due to timezones. 

Village lean.

@The Aspiring Archivist

D1 - Kind of just there, but is a new player. Surprising to get a Meta question from a new player. Disappeared and didn't vote, could be a good sign.

Null-

N1 - Appears and asks a single general question. I am conflicted on this one, but I'm leaning.

Null

I would like to see more from you.

@Just a Silvereye

D1 - A kind of joke vote on Mat, seems kind of bold for a new person, but Silvereye has spectated before, might know how to blend in more. Says confused and lost, removes Mat vote. 

N1 - Doesn't show up.

Currently Null

@The Bookwyrm

D1 - Confused about voting, says slightly confused, votes Ashbringer, b/c doesn't want to go after someone who hasn't posted. Says doesn't have good feel for suspicous behavior. Talks about D1 being confusing. Seems coached to me. Likes SE so that's good, but doesn't matter. Forgot the switch to Kas and back... Stays on Ash for survival. Ash more sus than Xino. Why? And what do you feel about it now?

N1 - Comes in, RP's and leaves. 

I'm gonna put the pressure on Bookwrym for now.

Thanks for answering my question everyone (though a serious thanks to the ones who actually did)

Reads list before the end of the cycle for sure, but I procrastinated a lot more than I should have yesterday and need to make up some of that time.

9 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I think Matrim

At the very least you can do me the courtesy of explaining yourself

I’m thinking the elims are hiding in people who haven’t posted at all this cycle. I’ve been rereading D1 and I’m getting the vibe that the elims weren’t very threatened by that exe. 

So my current poe is 

JNV

Cinnamon

Devo

Alvron

Silvereye

edit: vibes rn for xino are null, as i dont think he would have been so close to being yeeted given the size of the elim team this game is gonna be larger than normal

Edited by Turtle

Because the main reasoning for the e!Xino theory is based on their actions in previous games, I don't really have enough evidence to make a conclusion.

However, what I do have is the fact that one of the three people who was on the Xino train at the end of D1 was Ashbringer, who we now know was a villager. And Xino was one of the people who voted for Ashbringer, who, as I just said, was a villager. It's not much to go on, but I think it's enough that I could reasonably argue that they're an elim.

(EDIT: I just re-read this paragraph and I realized that it barely made any sense. Believe me: It makes a lot more sense in my head.

For this same reason, I think that Cinnamon and Silhouette could be elim, but I'm going to wait a little bit before I change my vote to one of them.)

It could also be that I'm grasping at straws and finding evidence where there isn't any. This is my only piece of evidence against Xino; in their actions, they seem to be fairly neutral. This vote has a possibility to change in the future.

Xino

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Because the main reasoning for the e!Xino theory is based on their actions in previous games, I don't really have enough evidence to make a conclusion.

However, what I do have is the fact that one of the three people who was on the Xino train at the end of D1 was Ashbringer, who we now know was a villager. And Xino was one of the people who voted for Ashbringer, who, as I just said, was a villager. It's not much to go on, but I think it's enough that I could reasonably argue that they're an elim.

It could also be that I'm grasping at straws and finding evidence where there isn't any. This vote has a possibility to change in the future.

Xino

Wait bookwyrm are you a new player?

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

That doesn’t really mean anything, as both Ash and xino were voting in self preservation (that is to say, they voted the other train purely to survive, and it didn’t matter who the person they were voting was).

Edit: @Turtle they are yeah

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Turtle said:

Wait bookwyrm are you a new player?

Yeah, I am.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

That doesn’t really mean anything, as both Ash and xino were voting in self preservation (that is to say, they voted the other train purely to survive, and it didn’t matter who the person they were voting was).

Edit: @Turtle they are yeah

....This is a fair point.

Gah, this gets confusing sometimes.

Xino 

I know I'm retracting a vote I just made, but I need to think about this a little more...

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I know I'm retracting a vote I just made, but I need to think about this a little more...

That's actually quite common if good evidence is provided.

Edit: Well more common, as most people listen to reason...most

Bookwyrm, it was mostly a test, for now I know that you, more likely than not, aren't being coached in the elim doc, so not evil.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Hm....

Based on the same flimsy evidence that I voted for Xino on, and a gut feeling that I can't really explain, I'm going to vote Cinnamon.

And, like you all saw above with my Xino vote, this may be subject to change in the future.

Edited by The Bookwyrm