Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Crying is the only thing that makes it feel like it was worthwhile for me. It's the only thing that makes me feel like I got it out.

And yet here I am, unable to even shed half a tear.

I know. Crying really does feel like the best way to get everything out. And this might be another idea that you've already tried and doesn't work. But have you ever tried taking it out on your music? Just like playing/singing for a long time. Or practicing harder than normal. And if you haven't tried it this is something I've noticed helps me and I would recommend trying. And another thing I would recommend doing even if you've already tried it and it doesn't feel like its working, vent to people. Vent to your girlfriend, to your inperson friends, online friends. There don't need to be any tears for someone to take you seriously if you just can't take it anymore and need to just get it out. 

35 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Crying is the only thing that makes it feel like it was worthwhile for me. It's the only thing that makes me feel like I got it out.

And yet here I am, unable to even shed half a tear.

I often find it hard to cry. Even when I cry I only shed a tear or two. I don't know why. I do more, mostly when I pray sometimes. Others I don't know why, music certainly does. I can't really cry at books much. Well I didn't when you know who died in RoW, but I cried when a character died in the wingfeather saga. Tell others the true and tears may come.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I often find it hard to cry. Even when I cry I only shed a tear or two. I don't know why. I do more, mostly when I pray sometimes. Others I don't know why, music certainly does. I can't really cry at books much. Well I didn't when you know who died in RoW, but I cried when a character died in the wingfeather saga. Tell others the true and tears may come.

Same, same, same. I need to learn how to cry. I certainly could use it.

8 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

i'm sorry everyone is so sad :( hugs and brownies for all of you.

here: 

Hide contents

pupper.jpeg.b8145d7640c374f15ea7adbd3c2b5816.jpegcatto.jpeg.bd51610f7cb9fc5a7267f80121bf2e7e.jpegducky.jpeg.4d1bc924911f96b81eba964b22a69ccd.jpegpuppers.jpeg.735000c9e7bc38849c2a4587390475cb.jpeg

8 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I've got you Szeth!

Hide contents

IMG_20221025_172359.jpg.da5bf3dffcaef30b81d49e4e4c5c6fb0.jpgIMG_20221006_160348.jpg.d8bfd9686edaf80fe923abd66f7ce0f4.jpg

Thank ya'll so much for being so supportive and special thanks to @Szeth's Facepalm and @The Wandering Wizard. those pictures are amazing and helped cheer me up from my leg cramping fight before my 100 meter butterfly race yesterday and still hurting today.

Thank everyone SO MUCH!! Ya'll are freaking awesome.

8 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

(sorry for ruining the mood. but... you see my signature and you understand)

Just read and you will understand. It's a incredible series. 

6 hours ago, ImportantQuestions said:

Thank everyone SO MUCH!! Ya'll are freaking awesome.

You're welcome! You are incredible as well!

On 11/12/2022 at 0:12 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Ok i'm gonna be honest with you all.

You all keep saying to not bottle it up, it's worse, it's awful.

I don't know how.

I don't know how not to bottle it up, I don't know how to process it and cry it out first. I've grown up under the social idea that "boys don't cry, you have to be manly, macho etc etc."

I want to cry, I really do.

But I do not know how.

Calano my friend. I know too well what you are going through as I have made an art form out of it. Tears don't come to me easily and the emotions build within. For me to a degree the poetry is where my emotions go. I expell them into the aether of my created worlds and visions. Though obviously this is not what works for everyone. In your case I would hazard to say that your music is where the emotion might be focused. Compose musin that will shake the foundations of the world Calano. Inspire tearsin it if you cannot call them forth for yourself. Let us feel with you or even for you. Crying is not academic in that you can know it or not. Crying comes from somewhere deep within when the emotions have nowhere else to go but rise up. Sometimes we cry, laugh, love, adventure, or mourn in other ways. Here is your poem, if you need to talk you know how to reach me.

Remodeled

Hills alight with song.

Taste the music holding you.

To new beginnings.

Edited by Nathrangking

5 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm sorry for the late response. Rejection no matter how easily delivered hurts a great deal. For a while, it's going to sting make no mistake about that. However, the fact that you are maintaining your friendship with her is already a sign of healing on a certain level. That your love for her still exists is a positive thing. I tend to believe that nothing ever happens in this life by accident. Your friendship with her will make you stronger. You may wonder what if, but only time will tell what will be,.You will find the one that completes you take it from someone who has crushed and burned many times. Take a poem that I hope will help soothe a bit of the pain. If you need to talk my Dm's are open

Um... I wasn't the person who got asked someone out. That was actually @Shining Silhouette. Thanks for the poem though. I liked both of them.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

I asked out my best friend who I've been crushing on for almost a year.

She let me down very gently and very kindly.

My emotions are in shambles and I'm crushed

I'm sorry for the late response. Rejection no matter how easily delivered hurts a great deal. For a while, it's going to sting make no mistake about that. However, the fact that you are maintaining your friendship with her is already a sign of healing on a certain level. That your love for her still exists is a positive thing. I tend to believe that nothing ever happens in this life by accident. Your friendship with her will make you stronger. You may wonder what if, but only time will tell what will be,.You will find the one that completes you take it from someone who has crushed and burned many times. Take a poem that I hope will help soothe a bit of the pain. If you need to talk my Dm's are open.

Request

Across the hills light.

Music wafts through the valley.

Sing now blessed earth.

@ImportantQuestions I must apologize for the mix-up. Clearly, I must have skimmed my way through the posts and made a mistake. Apologies!

Edited by Nathrangking

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm sorry for the late response. Rejection no matter how easily delivered hurts a great deal. For a while, it's going to sting make no mistake about that. However, the fact that you are maintaining your friendship with her is already a sign of healing on a certain level. That your love for her still exists is a positive thing. I tend to believe that nothing ever happens in this life by accident. Your friendship with her will make you stronger. You may wonder what if, but only time will tell what will be,.You will find the one that completes you take it from someone who has crushed and burned many times. Take a poem that I hope will help soothe a bit of the pain. If you need to talk my Dm's are open.

Request

Across the hills light.

Music wafts through the valley.

Sing now blessed earth.

That’s beautiful.

Thank you for that, Nath. I really do appreciate it.

I’m at the airport right now and the water bottle she gave me got thrown away. I’m upset, because even though we never got to be together I always loved carrying the memory of her with me. But now that’s gone and it feels like another piece of me ripped away.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Ok i'm gonna be honest with you all.

You all keep saying to not bottle it up, it's worse, it's awful.

I don't know how.

I don't know how not to bottle it up, I don't know how to process it and cry it out first. I've grown up under the social idea that "boys don't cry, you have to be manly, macho etc etc."

I want to cry, I really do.

But I do not know how.

I'm sorry. I wish that I could help more.

I have trouble with that too. When it feels like the world is trying to crush you, when you want to do something but don't know how...

This might not help, but I like to listen to music. When the world seems impossible to deal with, I hole up in my room, pull out an MP3 player and headphones, and open a good book. When I finish, I find that I can hold my head a little higher.

If you have a trusted friend, talk to them. Tell them what's happening. They'll listen. Crying isn't the only way let your emotions out - talking with someone I trust often makes me feel a lot better. I hope that it can do the same for you.

Again, I wish that I could help more. But remember what Wit said: You will be warm again.

My PMs are always open, Calano.

I’m very late to all of this, but here we go anyway. (Apologies in advance, this is probably going to get long and wordy).

I mountain bike. When you bike, you can pedal for a while, and then cruise. Life…life isn’t like that. There’s no cruising. If there is, it comes unexpectedly and leaves quickly. The good times never seem to last. It’s a constant effort. And no matter how opposed to theatre people are, we’re all actors; we don’t let them see how much we hurt, how much we want to explode, how tired we really are. That’s what it comes down to, at least for me. I’m tired. It seems so often like the world doesn’t care, so why should we? It seems like it never stops, like the pain is increasing exponentially and still, we are told to keep going, keep pushing, and no one understands. Even if they do, they don’t care, and why should they? They have their own problems. But no one knows. No one knows who’s going through the hardest time of their life until things explode and then they call you dramatic. Life shifts into a harder gear and you keep pedaling, because what else can you do? When everyone around you has their own problems, why should yours matter?

Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m not trying to say that I understand what you’re all feeling. I’m also not trying to say that there’s no hope, because there is. Even when the difficulties seem endless, when it seems like you’ll never make it to the downhill, you’ve kept pedaling. I know that you all of your own struggles. I’m so sorry. I know that it hurts, and I know that day after day, like a growing hunger, it still hurts. It seems like you can solve any problem but your own. The endless sense of hopelessness is always there. It seems like it always will be. 

But…it isn’t. During the worst times, it’s hard to remember the good. But it is there. This thread is proof of that. There are people who are trying, people who listen, even though they have their own struggles. They are doing so much good to people they’ve probably never even met, and probably never will. On the days when it all seems to fall apart, try to remember that there are people who care. There are people who bring the light with them and share it freely. If you look around, you can find them, hidden though they may be. 

Again, that was very long and may have only made things worse, if so I’m sorry, please disregard it. These are just the thoughts swirling around my brain. 

3 hours ago, AesSedai318 said:

I mountain bike. When you bike, you can pedal for a while, and then cruise. Life…life isn’t like that. There’s no cruising. If there is, it comes unexpectedly and leaves quickly. The good times never seem to last. It’s a constant effort. And no matter how opposed to theatre people are, we’re all actors; we don’t let them see how much we hurt, how much we want to explode, how tired we really are. That’s what it comes down to, at least for me. I’m tired. It seems so often like the world doesn’t care, so why should we? It seems like it never stops, like the pain is increasing exponentially and still, we are told to keep going, keep pushing, and no one understands. Even if they do, they don’t care, and why should they? They have their own problems. But no one knows. No one knows who’s going through the hardest time of their life until things explode and then they call you dramatic. Life shifts into a harder gear and you keep pedaling, because what else can you do? When everyone around you has their own problems, why should yours matter?

Thank you @AesSedai318 I thought that was a really good metaphor. I'd just like to add, just keep trying. I haven't felt all you've felt. I've probably only lived anywhere from 1/2-1/6 as long as some of you. But I'd liked to say as Hoid says, "You will be warm again." You will recover. I'm definitely not saying everything will always be great and amazing. It won't. I know this. I've had probably the worst days in my life this past week or so. But thanks to all you guys and many others willing to listen to me, I'm feeling better. I'm still not 100%, but I'm feeling better. Thank you to everyone who is here and has listened to me. It has helped me so much. But I digress. Just remember, everyone here is willing to listen. If you need to talk, My DMs and PMs are open. Many other people here feel the same way. There are so many people willing to support you. If you need it, please reach out to someone, whether it's me or someone else you trust more. I really hope everyone knows that WE ARE HERE TO HELP. I hope ya'll have a good day. If you don't, what I like to do is try to make it a good day for everybody else I come across. You're welcome to try it, it's cheered me up several times. Anyway, I think I've rambled on long enough. Thank you for reading this and just for being great people.:D

EDIT: I found another good quote from a book. "...bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. Sometimes life isn't fair-- but that doesn't mean things happen without a reason. We just don't always know what the reason is. The world is inscrutable. It doesn't owe you answers. You should only concern yourself with doing your duty."

This meas that things happen indiscriminately. The world doesn't decide that you deserve this. If you do what you should, things should work out for you in the end. You just have to make it to the end.

Edited by ImportantQuestions

6 hours ago, AesSedai318 said:

There are people who are trying, people who listen. ... If you look around, you can find them, hidden though they may be. 

This is why I lurk here - Because maybe I'll be able to help, and even if I don't feel like I can give advice, I can listen.

I've already ranted to some of my friends about this but it's driving me crazy. One of my show choir costumes came in today. And it looks cute but first of all the color it is, is close to my skin tone which really is weird. I can live with that, but then it's really short. The shortest I wear is a couple of inches about my knees. But this is at most only to mid-thighs. And I hate it for that. But we aren't allowed to wear anything that is longer underneath it. I can't do anything about it and I am not happy. I don't know what to do because it is my costume. I have no control. I can't change it. And I'm going to be very uncomfortable on stage. It's my closer costume too, so I have to change into it and wear it until after critics with the judges. I struggle with slits to mid-thighs, so I have no idea how I'm going to be okay with this. 

I’m so sorry! I don’t do show choir, but I am an actor and I hate it when costumes are like that. Because it’s true; there’s really nothing you can do, and it’s not like you’re just going to stop doing something you love.  And then, at least for me, there’s always the nagging worry in your head that if you complain everyone will laugh or make fun of you. If you already have the costumes, then it’s probably too late to change it too. I hope you get it figured out!

On 11/17/2022 at 10:27 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

I've already ranted to some of my friends about this but it's driving me crazy. One of my show choir costumes came in today. And it looks cute but first of all the color it is, is close to my skin tone which really is weird. I can live with that, but then it's really short. The shortest I wear is a couple of inches about my knees. But this is at most only to mid-thighs. And I hate it for that. But we aren't allowed to wear anything that is longer underneath it. I can't do anything about it and I am not happy. I don't know what to do because it is my costume. I have no control. I can't change it. And I'm going to be very uncomfortable on stage. It's my closer costume too, so I have to change into it and wear it until after critics with the judges. I struggle with slits to mid-thighs, so I have no idea how I'm going to be okay with this. 

I would be absolutely furious. And you probably are. I’m so sorry, and I hope it works out.

Here’s a dragon-shaped pie for you.

5 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I'm mildly sick right now, and it sucks.  It's just a cough and tiredness, I'm not even running a fever, but it is not enjoyable to cough so violently you think you're going to hurl.

Sickness. The worst bane of life. I’m so sorry.

I'm having kind of a bad time of it lately...... i have the sense my parents are talking a lot about me behind my back, which i get it, parents do, but just more than usual, and they're being very difficult and stubborn about a lot of things and are getting upset at me very easily, especially if i cry or express how i feel in anything other than calm and measured tones, and bottling everything up around them is getting extremely draining and tiring and is resulting in more angry outbursts towards them about minor things which just starts the whole cycle over again. And i'm managing school a little better than i was at the beginning of the year, but the work is still difficult and i'm procrastinating a lot on accident, which is making it harder. And last friday a certain cousin of mine who is older and stronger than me and absolutely knows better physically attacked me over some chocolate Hanukkah gelt, and he barely got punished for it, and now family gatherings are going to be even more difficult for me because he's gonna be more pissed at me than usual, and the band-aid that i put on my wrist where he scratched me irritated my eczema severely (which my parents still will not take me to a docter about despite literal years of begging) and now my wrist really hurts.

Sorry, i know that was a lot, i just really needed to vent about all of it. hugs would be appreciated :(