Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

guys i just found 200 in cash that i lost a month ago

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Tbh I feel like even if Link doesn't execute you and you don't kill me, they're just gonna lynch us both tomorrow out of sheer principle based off what we've done to the thread.

phooey it's nighttime nothing matters at night

but if they do, I'll make sure they kill you first tbh

Edited by Illwei

I’m glad Illwei is open wolfing and never considered suggesting the scan was redirected.

Hey guys, if you ISO e!Illwei, Pyro looks really village. Kas too. Welp. Here’s the quick notes:

Page 1: TJ villaged me

P2: Illwei seemed ignorant that Kogha was a conf evil role, but used analysis to sus it. Guessed 6 man elim team with a Soother and knight in there, with v!doctor.

P2/3: Mat responded to Illwei’s c/p and village read them. Dannex said Illwei is ‘full of crem’. Illwei didn’t draw conclusions from it, so what was the goal of the gambit? Get Mat village credit for catching it?

P4: Illwei village read Waffle for being verbally cute.

P5: Steeldancer voted Illwei for being chaotic. Mat defended them as acting normally, which Steel accepted but didn’t move their vote. TJ’s hard on TUO, so not e-e.

P6: Drake soft-sussed Pyro for their rules comments. Illwei strongly defended TUO, Kas voted them for it. Illwei voted TJ (who is now the only surviving person they voted on, therefore they must be evil, as Illwei always votes on an elim D1) who doubled down on TUO

P8: Illwei sussed everyone advocating for e!Beedle possibility

P9: Illwei nulls Drake, votes for Pyro. Drake RNGs Pyro

P10: Tani pulled their vote off of Drake because it was near rollover.

P11: Illwei, in response to Ash, said “Publicly speculating on how many vanillas, who the vanillas are, whatnot, isnt helpful and is actively harmful.” I move onto Pyro, Drake moves off.

P12: TJ village reads Illwei for village reading Waffle

Illwei’s reads list: Szeth/Steel not E/E

---[+++]---

Matrim:
 - He Identified that my post wasn't me, which shows to me an investment in actually solving me IMO
Archer:
 - Starting the Zelda theory, Claiming Zelda

---[++]---
Pyro:
 - Claiming Zelda. Pyro would theoretically be more wary of drawing attention to himself, being the first person.

---[+]---
Alv, Tani, (Azmine-less so), anyone else I'm missing who claimed Zelda and isn't Archer or Pyro
 - I'd think at most there's one elim in the pool of everyone who claimed Zelda. too much attention.
Araris, Kas, TUO:
 - doing the whole "fake roleclaiming" thing. Mostly TUO.
Waffles:
 - Pure tone pretty much. Enthusiasm/Excitement. will move down if it doesn't translate into solving.

[I think there’s an elim in here -Archer]

---[-]---
Steel:
 - Everything feels forced, tonally. not on my kill list yet, giving a pass for the whole...hasn't been on for 2 years thing, needs time to adjust

Just based on potential connections, we have

Village: Kas for claiming Beedle, Dannex for outing Illwei, Steel for being Illwei’s top sus, myself, my postman (who I've told Drake I suspect is Mat, but no need to confirm/deny that), Link, Zelda. After tonight’s deaths, that’ll be 6/26 cleared, which is great progress, provided Zelda is efficient with their alignment scans.

Elimy: Mat village read Illwei and defended them, Waffle was village read by Illwei, TUO was defended by Illwei, Drake sussed Pyro and was left off of Illwei’s reads list initially and ‘RNGed’ Pyro, TJ village read Illwei. Obviously not all of these are right

I’ve got a few elim team ideas:

Illwei and TJ could have been using their respective reads on Waffle and TUO to distance but align later in the round. Ilwei didn’t need to throw Waffle cover, so I think that was a red herring. But…

Illwei and TUO could be teammates, hence the defence they mounted. In that case, TJ is clear.

An Illwei-Tani-Drake connection could also exist, as shown by how their votes interacted. Tani is also my best bet for the elim on Illwei’s reads list

I think the way Mat interacted with the gambit was villagey, and Illwei putting them at the top of their list is a tad obvious. I think the way Illwei interacted with Ash made them seem villagey. So I’m clearing those two for now. My exe pick for tomorrow will probably be either TJ, Tani, or Drake.

Steeldancer, to answer your question from a while ago, it was weird that you voted Illwei, easily accepted when someone told you your reasoning was wrong, but didn't remove the vote. Felt like someone trying to avoid making village enemies more than someone hunting elims. As for your dislike of trust groups, yeah, they're problematic if the game is played in them. But I think what's being proposed here is a more benign version where PMs are just used to share key information about who not to exe. The thread will still decide who to exe. We shouldn't take our foot off the gas just because we had some good luck. We got an elim early last game too, and then we lost. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’m glad Illwei is open wolfing and never considered suggesting the scan was redirected.

Doesn't matter. Either thanks to you or Pyro, we know that scanners will be informed if they were redirected, so Dannex disconfirming that would've put a pin in it fairly quickly.

29 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Its called the dead doc

Do you realise this marks a pattern? Another game in which I drop info late (in this case a roleclaim) and you veer off me - again :P

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Hey guys, if you ISO e!Illwei, Pyro looks really village. Kas too. Welp.

Well I guess that's helpful if I somehow don't die tonight, but until then I'm taking a break :P 

15 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I'm pretty sure I turned him gay

Can confirm.

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

This feels... showy...

I was busy being silly. It was fun.

Edit: So basically what Mat said. That's just what I do sometimes. I'm dramatic. I think it's NAI, but if you want to...

(I solved it! The quote thingy.)

2 hours ago, Archer said:

P10: Tani pulled their vote off of Drake because it was near rollover.

Actually, it was because I was about to go to sleep. (good thing, too, because I slept in and missed rollover.) Rollover was more than eleven hours away at that point.

Alv, Tani, (Azmine-less so), anyone else I'm missing who claimed Zelda and isn't Archer or Pyro
 - I'd think at most there's one elim in the pool of everyone who claimed Zelda. too much attention.
Araris, Kas, TUO:
 - doing the whole "fake roleclaiming" thing. Mostly TUO.
Waffles:
 - Pure tone pretty much. Enthusiasm/Excitement. will move down if it doesn't translate into solving.

[I think there’s an elim in here -Archer]

Fake roleclaiming should be counted as NAI. Also, I shoulda said this earlier.

An Illwei-Tani-Drake connection could also exist, as shown by how their votes interacted. Tani is also my best bet for the elim on Illwei’s reads list

I literally voted for Drake only because Kas asked for an airstrike on him. Then took it off at bedtime because I wasn't suspicious of Drake. How do you think I earned the title of Chaos Demon?

Edited by Tani

2 hours ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

You're a life saver thank you! Had to read what I missed but was worried I may have skipped over something. :blink:

No problem. Fair warning though, that's a selective summary centered around players on my radar/most connected to Illwei. 

1 hour ago, Dannex said:

You have a pm?

One of the reasons I'm sus of Drake is that they revealed he and I had a PM in his reads list. Used it to justify trusting me, but didn't seemed concerned about revealing the information to the elims. Village me in his shoes would have kept that a secret longer. 

I'm glad to hear you'd be told if you were redirected. Why'd you pick Illwei to scan, out of curiosity? 

44 minutes ago, Tani said:

I was busy being silly. It was fun.

Other point of curiosity, what's your funky pfp of!

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

No problem. Fair warning though, that's a selective summary centered around players on my radar/most connected to Illwei. 

I could do a more useful summary if you'd like :P.

17 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I could do a more useful summary if you'd like :P.

No. We don't like.

We like KillweiTM tho...

Edit: Wait.

Does "more useful summary" include telling us exactly who all the Elims are? Honestly? I will be asking for confirmation.

Because in that case, yes. Absolutely.

Edited by Tani

43 minutes ago, Archer said:

Why'd you pick Illwei to scan, out of curiosity? 

Oh right, I was gonna share this. It’s funny.

The one and only reason I scanned Illwei is because of his Copypasta. Before I realized it was a c/p, I put in the order to see if he actually was Zelda. Once I realized it wasn’t a real claim, I just never changed it. 

I have some thoughts about Illwei’s reads and stuff and the implications I think are there but I literally am gonna save those for the Day turn so we actually get something done during the Day turn if Illwei survives. :P 

For now, RP.

Polishing and sharpening the blade was simple, and Jaralph’s favorite part of the sword-making process. Perhaps it was the calming back and forth motion he made along the blade, or maybe the knowledge that it was nearly complete, which both gave him extra assurance of survival and allowed him to move back to carving his chair. Ordinarily he wouldn’t have stopped that for anything, but what was the point of a chair if you were too dead to sit on it?

Either way, Jaralph felt relaxed as he worked. Hylia knew he needed it, after the last 24 hours.

With a final stroke, Jaralph declared to himself the blade complete. He set down his tools and rose the weapon in the air, swishing it back and forth a few times to get a feel for how it handled, though since he had designed it he already knew. Jaralph hadn’t crafted a sheath, so he simply set it on an open spot on a table next to the chair workspace where he could easily reach it if he ever had a need to.

May he never have a need to.

I work a double shift and miss all the fun.

While I wholeheartedly approve of Wei being killed, there is a fairly good chance the elims have a Mipha/Healer on their team and would therefore survive.  (I have asked the GMs if failed attacks are revealed and am waiting for an answer)

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

there is a fairly good chance the elims have a Mipha/Healer on their team and would therefore survive

Eh, worst case scenario and Illwei survives, we just vote em out. Slight waste of a cycle, but it ain’t too bad.

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

Eh, worst case scenario and Illwei survives, we just vote em out. Slight waste of a cycle, but it ain’t too bad.

True and it does reveal a role the elims have but still, I'm always wary of people assuming a kill will go through.  I've been bitten by that a few too many times myself.

An Elim Knight would indeed be problematic. Mipha's the only Healer (and is probably a unique role), but a E!Knight could probably redirect any kill taken against Illwei... although randomly redirecting kills is usually not the Elim's best move, and Illwei'd be exed pretty soon after.

48 minutes ago, Alvron said:

True and it does reveal a role the elims have but still, I'm always wary of people assuming a kill will go through.  I've been bitten by that a few too many times myself.

#LG5 #NeverForget #StormYouWyrm