After some rough encounters with some noblewoman, Sophia eventually wandered out to the Garden , where she sat on a bench and watched the fountains. Rust and Ruin she should never have come to this party! It was absolutely mess. She’d rather have to pick stinging nettles than be here! 

Although, their was that one time with the stinging nettle and the cougar that might have been worse, although she tried not to think about it.

31 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Aralis started up from his doze, noting that perhaps the chair was more comfortable than he had first assumed.

"Bother. Does it look like I was sitting in the corner away from everyone trying to engage in conversation? Still, you look slightly less tiresome than those other tittering fools. Holcomb, hmm, never heard of you. I, of course, am Aralis, somewhat recently Lord Heron. What is your excuse to be wasting time here?"

"Surely you don't mean the Lord Heron?" Zachary feigned surprise, rejoicing internally to have bumped into somebody actually important in this sham of a noble party. "Truly, it is an honor. I am afraid there is little or no fame to the name of Holcomb, except, perhaps, that which coincides with my own. Or so I should like to think. I would normally find diversion within the confines of Elendel proper, but things have gotten a tad dull in the city lately, so I'm expanding my horizons.

But truth be told, I have not thus far been thrilled by my stay in the country. If I may be so bold as to presume, I cannot help but notice that you also seem disappointed in the quality of company on display at this event?

Alright, let's get this party started.

As I recall, today is not supposed to have a kill or a lynch, so let's take that opportunity to get a head start on discussion, yeah?

There's nothing to discuss about yet, you say? Well then we'll simply have to make things to discuss :D

@TJ Shade What do you think the rooms are supposed to do?

@Gears In light of your character name, would you happen to know things about the novel Death Comes at the End? Idk it's a blackout game and Kas gave us that title to go off of so it might be useful in figuring out the basic setup, although I also wouldn't put it past Kas to throw us a curveball and do something completely different.

@Orlok Tsubodai Do you think there is a particular strategy we should go about with searching?

@StrikerEZ We know this game has at least a village and an elim faction, so how many elims would you expect for this number of players?

@Eternum How much do you think the lack of lynch/kill today affects things? Do you think we should basically approach D2 in this game like D1 in an ordinary game?

@Mist Do you think RPing will have a mechanical impact on the game? I kinda figure our characters are supposed to actually solve a mystery by searching for hints and stuff which would be pretty cool if it somehow involved RP.

@Elbereth Why did you steal the cosmetic role I originally wanted to pick? :P

@Vapor Going by your name, are you by any chance related to Mist? Also your profile is quite funny :P

@Araris Valerian If you were going to vote for somebody today do you have any idea who it would be?

@Lord_Silberfarben This game seems a little different in that the elims don't get a doc to talk in. How do you think that affects things?

@Burnt Spaghetti I kind of recall you like doing stuff in PMs. PMs are not unrestricted in this game, but what's your take on the room PMs?

@MysticLotus Welcome to the madhouse :) Kind of a big question but what do you think are the best ways to identify eliminators?

@The_Truthwatcher I think you're in the LG rn but I've never played with you so hi. I'll ask you a similar question as Mystic: what do you think are the best ways to identify guests?

@xinoehp512 If memory serves then I believe you are a player who likes to analyze rules. Does anything in this game stick out to you as particularly unusual?

@Lahilt Do you think there is any chance of secret/roles factions in this game?

@A Windrunner What food items do you think are most important to stock up on when you visit a fancy party?

@Devotary of Spontaneity Can you think of any other interesting questions to ask people? I'm definitely running pretty dry on ideas at this point :P

That is all.

While it would be cool if roleplay affected the game, I think it would be difficult to implement, and players who don't RP may have a hard time. 

This is a RP-heavy game. (That is to say, RP is heavily encouraged, even though I do not require RP from everyone, much less huge long well-developed paragraphs with character arcs.) While I will not discriminate against players who don’t enjoy RPing and am endeavouring to make this game accessible to all playstyles, it is worth noting that this game may not particularly excite you if you are not especially keen on RPing.

25 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

@Gears In light of your character name, would you happen to know things about the novel Death Comes at the End? Idk it's a blackout game and Kas gave us that title to go off of so it might be useful in figuring out the basic setup, although I also wouldn't put it past Kas to throw us a curveball and do something completely different.

Don't consume anything offered to you, even if someone else consumes it first. Don't walk on cliffs. Don't let your father decide your love triangle for you. Don't boast about anything [Don't roleclaim if you have a role, don't tell anyone anything, don't trust anything anyone tells you, etc.]. Don't trust someone just because they survived an attack [They might have immunity to their own kills or something like that and are trying to gain credibility]. Don't choose the wrong person in your love triangle. 

45 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

@StrikerEZ We know this game has at least a village and an elim faction, so how many elims would you expect for this number of players?

18 players, right? I’m on mobile and I’m too lazy to check. :P

I think we’ve most likely got 4 elims, maybe 5. I would think that 5 is a bit high for 18 players, but there could be a secret out there that would make that make sense.

50 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Can you think of any other interesting questions to ask people?

Do you think the odds of finding something in a room is dependent on how many other people there are in that room/how many take search actions in that room? Are you excited to find out what could stop you from entering the room you voted for? Do you think the elims can win by hammering a lynch on the Secretary, or do they actually have to outnumber the village?

Beral(like the container, not the mineral, though most people insisted they were pronounced the same) had accepted Tal's invitation of course. They had fallen out of touch with him shortly after joining the Pathian faith, and this seemed a perfect opportunity to reconnect. There would be no hope of convincing him to follow Harmony, that had to be a personal, wholehearted decision rather than one pushed onto others. Perhaps it would be possible to budge Tal's opinion on sharing Harmony's bounty with those held back from claiming their due. Judging from the party's attendees, Tal was further along that path than Beral had been. Hedonist though he might be, at least Tal was willing to spend money on others, which was more than Beral could say about their college years. 

A loud, long snore came from the corner of the growlery, where a man whose name no one seemed to recall lay fast asleep against a wall. Wrapped around his arms were a set of intricately carved metal bracers. The astute among the attendants would be able to identify the mystery metal as bronze- an answer that would perhaps explain the inert attendant.

---

The game is yet young. I have little to say on the rules as for now; there is precious little information available to me at this time. The most intriguing mechanic to me is the limitation on the eliminator kill. It would seem that the elims will be limited in their ability to confer this game, which can only be good for the village, but I have yet to discern what practical consequences this constraint will cause.

Once people begin getting their items, I suggest we reveal their uses in thread in order to promote the cause of greater enlightenment. Do be careful, however; it is possible that some items will draw fire from the hidden murderers.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Once people begin getting their items, I suggest we reveal their uses in thread in order to promote the cause of greater enlightenment. Do be careful, however; it is possible that some items will draw fire from the hidden murderers.

If anyone has any alignment scanners, keep them to yourself. The elims will kill you ASAP if they know you have one. For that matter, any incredibly useful item should be kept secret unless you are going to die anyways.

3 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

"Surely you don't mean the Lord Heron?" Zachary feigned surprise, rejoicing internally to have bumped into somebody actually important in this sham of a noble party. "Truly, it is an honor. I am afraid there is little or no fame to the name of Holcomb, except, perhaps, that which coincides with my own. Or so I should like to think. I would normally find diversion within the confines of Elendel proper, but things have gotten a tad dull in the city lately, so I'm expanding my horizons.

But truth be told, I have not thus far been thrilled by my stay in the country. If I may be so bold as to presume, I cannot help but notice that you also seem disappointed in the quality of company on display at this event?

"Of course I'm the Lord Heron! Anyone who pays attention to anything heard about the Heron succession crisis, and my subsequent windfall. And yes. At my age, one doesn't really attend parties for the company. Some things are just a matter of duty to one's House, and there are lots of people to be seen by at a gathering such as this one. Of course, when I was younger, parties like this attracted a more ... refined level of attendance. Half the people here are young fops wasting money and ruining their reputations."

As if in response to the last comment, a woman in an entirely too extravagant gown forced her way through the crowd to exit the study, all the while trying to hide tear-ruined makeup under a raised hand. 

Aralis gestured after her. "See what I mean?"

@Araris Valerian If you were going to vote for somebody today do you have any idea who it would be?

Probably that young woman that just left the room. Or somebody who isn't RPing maybe? It would be pretty much random though. Maybe someone trying to distract from the RP by asking game related questions :P.

@TJ Shade What do you think the rooms are supposed to do?

They have valuable stuff for me to steal from. :P

Seriously though, I think one of the rooms is where the kill will happen. And other rooms may contain clues of the killers, along with items. Rooms also give a way for the elims to talk together, though they'll have to be extra sneaky as there are bound to be other villagers in the room. They all could go to a single room, but that would be easy for us to catch them. 

5 minutes ago, MysticLotus said:

Wait, can we search this round even though we arnt in a room?

We move to a room before we search, so by the time we search, we are in a room. 

Short answer: yes.

Edited by Mist

Just now, MysticLotus said:

Do we have to say we’re searching? Cause if so, than I am Searchi n g

You send it in on your GM private message, where Kas told you your alignment. 

Do you think there is any chance of secret roles/factions in this game?

yes.

As I do not know all the rules there  will always be a chance.;) however with all the other stuff that is going on I think the chance of other secret factions or roles to be fairly low. 

4 hours ago, Gears said:

Don't consume anything offered to you, even if someone else consumes it first. Don't walk on cliffs. Don't let your father decide your love triangle for you. Don't boast about anything [Don't roleclaim if you have a role, don't tell anyone anything, don't trust anything anyone tells you, etc.]. Don't trust someone just because they survived an attack [They might have immunity to their own kills or something like that and are trying to gain credibility]. Don't choose the wrong person in your love triangle. 

Huh. Lovers confirmed in this game :P j/k, j/k. Good summary of the book though.

3 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Do you think the elims can win by hammering a lynch on the Secretary, or do they actually have to outnumber the village?

Oof. You're probably asking this rhetorically, as in, if this is likely to be a real possibility for the Killer team, but I'm going to note that as the win con stands, either is a valid way for the Killer team to win. Just in case anyone is not on the same page...

1 minute ago, MysticLotus said:

Ok, I think I’m starting to understand how blackouts games work. It’s a game of partial information.

In a nutshell yes. There are rules that I'm following (or as Polonius from Hamlet would say, "Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't.") In a normal game, both the GM and the players know all the rules. In a blackout game (partial or full), the GM knows the full rule-set but the players do not.

Because there are unknown rules though, the more you play, the more you'll be able to figure out. And past a certain point when some things are obvious, I can stop PAFOing questions in PMs...

This wasn't at all like the mafia games.

yes, the game was a fair approximation, paranoia, panic.

but not the pure fear

you could die at any moment, just by making a dumb move, or being in the wrong place at the wrong moment.

perhaps...

perhaps his games should have more consequences?

nothing so severe as death...

but...

perhaps some kind of punishment.

he would have to think on that.