Sorry, I've been lurking pretty badly. :P

Honestly, even if Drake is a Voidbringer, I think the fact that he's supposedly got Warform protection makes it pretty pointless to try and lynch him. Of course, he could be bluffing, but I think we'd find out fairly quickly if he didn't gain results, so I'm feeling like he's unaligned.

Elenion seems like as good a choice as any. Of course, unless he switches, he'd probably be protected as well, but it never hurts to check and see if he isn't in Warform. Everyone has already given okay reasons for voting on him. I'm just voting for him because none of the other Parshendi seem too Voidbringer-y yet, even though there's probably 2-3 out there.

36 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Sorry, I've been lurking pretty badly. :P

Honestly, even if Drake is a Voidbringer, I think the fact that he's supposedly got Warform protection makes it pretty pointless to try and lynch him. Of course, he could be bluffing, but I think we'd find out fairly quickly if he didn't gain results, so I'm feeling like he's unaligned.

Elenion seems like as good a choice as any. Of course, unless he switches, he'd probably be protected as well, but it never hurts to check and see if he isn't in Warform. Everyone has already given okay reasons for voting on him. I'm just voting for him because none of the other Parshendi seem too Voidbringer-y yet, even though there's probably 2-3 out there.

And, if he doesn't switch, we can always lynch him again next cycle.  (And then if he survives that, we know for a fact that he's a Voidbringer.)

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

There are still quite a few people that haven't voted. @StrikerEZ, @BrightnessRadiant, @A Joe in the Bush, @Sami, @Elbereth, @Alvron please participate.

Will do. Been busy ,but should have more time tonight and tomorrow to catch up and be significantly more active. 

For the moment, adding my vote to Elenion

I think the bandwagon on me right now is unwise and unhelpful. I chipped in a couple of comments about how the Alethi vote supremacy is a threat to the Parshendi, then went to bed and slept for a while, and suddenly this bandwagon shows up for no good reason. Any Parshendi has a motivation to not want a Parshendi to be lynched. The only reason for lynching me that seems to hold water is to ensure that I don't change forms, but because of the order of actions that won't work, because the lynch happens before Parshendi change forms. Lynching me will tell you nothing about what form I choose to enter, and give you no proof that I'm not a Voidbringer. It accomplishes nothing except to take away my extra life.

Which is something useful to us as Alethi, Elenion. The Ghostbloods will target us, inevitably, and we need to remove lives from Parshendi if we don't want to be eliminated without a chance. There are 8 Parshendi, and 15 Alethi - you already have more lives than we do. If we lost the lynch, it goes from 15-16 to 15-14, rather than 14-15 as it otherwise would. We're unlikely to hit a Ghostblood on the first round, and have a greater likelihood of hitting a Voidbringer than a Son of Honor lynching without information.

37 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Um how?

Assuming (and I should have stated this) that it does not say he was protected, and that protection from a Warform, guardsman, or Highprince is noted as such, the only way for him to survive twice would be if the first was his Warform extra life, and the second was his Stormform extra life (or vice versa).

18 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Any Parshendi has a motivation to not want a Parshendi to be lynched.

But not any Parshendi is going to automatically think of it as "us vs. them".  It's not the strongest of reasons, but it's the best clue we've got, and any non-Ghostblood Alethi has a motivation to not want an Alethi to be lynched.

13 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Which is something useful to us as Alethi, Elenion. The Ghostbloods will target us, inevitably, and we need to remove lives from Parshendi if we don't want to be eliminated without a chance. There are 8 Parshendi, and 15 Alethi - you already have more lives than we do. If we lost the lynch, it goes from 15-16 to 15-14, rather than 14-15 as it otherwise would. We're unlikely to hit a Ghostblood on the first round, and have a greater likelihood of hitting a Voidbringer than a Son of Honor lynching without information.

Firstly, I think you mean it would go from 15-16 to 13-16; 15 was the Alethi side, remember.

Secondly, your life count isn't considering Shardplate, Guardsmen, or Stormform.

Thirdly, the relative likelihood of hitting a Voidbringer or a Son of Honor depends on the count of each.

Edited by Yitzi2

15 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

So basically you're admitting that all of the other Alethi reasons for lynching me are just cover-ups for your us-vs-them lynch to even the numbers?

Edit: you're also strategically failing to mention your Shardbearer. Is there a plan to double-tap me?

Edited by Elenion

Just now, Yitzi2 said:

Assuming (and I should have stated this) that it does not say he was protected, and that protection from a Warform, guardsman, or Highprince is noted as such, the only way for him to survive twice would be if the first was his Warform extra life, and the second was his Stormform extra life (or vice versa)

Well he could also be protected by another parshendi in warform.

42 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Um how?

Assuming (and I should have stated this) that it does not say he was protected, and that protection from a Warform, guardsman, or Highprince is noted as such, the only way for him to survive twice would be if the first was his Warform extra life, and the second was his Stormform extra life (or vice versa).

He could be protected by another parshendi in warform.

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

So basically you're admitting that all of the other Alethi reasons for lynching me are just cover-ups for your us-vs-them lynch to even the numbers?

No.  The us-vs-them lynch (or, more specifically, the fact that Alethi remaining alive helps Alethi, plus the fact that Voidbringers are a much bigger threat to vanilla Alethi than Sons are) is why we're lynching a Parshendi (or at least the main reason for that); the other reasons are why we're lynching you in particular.

1 minute ago, Roadwalker said:

He could be protected by another parshendi in warform.

As I said, I should have stated that I was assuming that (a) protection by another Parshendi in Warform will be stated as such and (b) that no such statement occurred.

Okay, I went back and did a new vote tally.

Drake(3): Sart, Orlok, Stick

Yitzi(6): Drake, Len, Cloud, Roadwalker, Straw, Mint

Len(7):Yitzi, Aster, Hemalurgic_Headshot, Megasif, StrikerEZ, The Flash, Elbereth

Sart(1): Jon

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

I think the bandwagon on me right now is unwise and unhelpful. I chipped in a couple of comments about how the Alethi vote supremacy is a threat to the Parshendi, then went to bed and slept for a while, and suddenly this bandwagon shows up for no good reason. Any Parshendi has a motivation to not want a Parshendi to be lynched. The only reason for lynching me that seems to hold water is to ensure that I don't change forms, but because of the order of actions that won't work, because the lynch happens before Parshendi change forms. Lynching me will tell you nothing about what form I choose to enter, and give you no proof that I'm not a Voidbringer. It accomplishes nothing except to take away my extra life.

Wait a second. How do you know about order of actions? As far as I am aware, that hasn't been revealed to the thread yet. In that case, you must have gotten it from one of your docs. Would anyone from the Parshendi doc care to comment on this? If OoA hasn't been revealed there, I suspect Elenion got it from one of the eliminator docs.

1 minute ago, Sart said:

Wait a second. How do you know about order of actions? As far as I am aware, that hasn't been revealed to the thread yet. In that case, you must have gotten it from one of your docs. Would anyone from the Parshendi doc care to comment on this? If OoA hasn't been revealed there, I suspect Elenion got it from one of the eliminator docs.

I asked Seonid about where the Form changes took place on the OoA about 20 hours ago.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

You make an interesting theory. And we'll know for sure once I scan Elenion.

But there is a slight flaw in this point. Your own plan to lynch me implicitly assumed that the lynch would happen before form changing. Because otherwise it would just kill me, seeing as I had put in an order to change to scholarform.

Kyner and the other Parshendi reached the edge of the chasm. One by one, they leapt.

He wasn't accustomed to warform, but he had plenty of practice jumping chasms in the last day of travel. He soared over the shadowed depths of a chasm for a few instants, then landed hard on the other side, his carapace mostly absorbing the shock.

It looked like the Alethi were already camped on the chasm. The rhythms (a fascinating aspect of this race) told him that the next highstorm was only a day away. He wondered what the Alethi would do when it struck. Perhaps they would retire to the warcamps for the day?

No matter. For the sake of his new people, and for the sake of this strange and wonderful world he had found, it was time to negotiate.

The Parshendi and the Alethi faced each other. Kyner noted with some trepidation that they outnumbered the Parshendi two-to-one. But that wouldn't matter, would it? He told himself. Dalinar was an honorable man. He would not call a meeting of peace unless he truly wanted peace.

And peace he would have. Under certain conditions.

"Greetings," Kyner said, nodding his head in deference. "Shall we convene a meeting? There is much to be discussed."

Please edit your post Road as C/P from Docs to thread isn't allowed.

Edit, I've chosen to hide it instead. Please don't do that again.

Edited by Alvron

Phew...that was a lot to go through :P

As Alethi our best bet is to find voidbringers first isn't it?

Elenion looks like a possibility

I don't mind keeping Yitzi and Sart in mind for later tho :ph34r: (although we can win along side the SoH can't we?) I've read the thread but please forgive me if I scanned it more or less cuz of the lack of time I had available. So sorry if I'm repeating questions.

@Crimsn-Wolf I would love to RP! :D I'll RP as an Alethi widow of a fallen soldier from Dalinar's camp. (Was actually gonna be my character in LG30? I think it was that one...it was Aman's SA game. It was gonna be my first game but didn't end up playing SE until MR for different reasons lol.

I have not yet posted OoA yet.

Sorry, I've been busy. 3 writeups in 1 day for a game I'm running on another forum! That game should be over sometime today or tomorrow though, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Order of Actions:

Decayform Roleblock, Decayform Kill, Artifabrian/Scholarform scans, Ambassador vote manips, Highprince protection, Guardsman protection, Warform Protection, all other kills (lynch, Stormform, Shardblade, Ghostblood). PM actions (Alethi, nimbleform) happen instantaneously during the cycle, and can't be roleblocked. Note that the Decayform kill happens before other actions, and therefore blocks those actions. It does not block votes on the player killed, however.

26 minutes ago, Seonid said:

I have not yet posted OoA yet.

Sorry, I've been busy. 3 writeups in 1 day for a game I'm running on another forum! That game should be over sometime today or tomorrow though, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Order of Actions:

Decayform Roleblock, Decayform Kill, Artifabrian/Scholarform scans, Ambassador vote manips, Highprince protection, Guardsman protection, Warform Protection, all other kills (lynch, Stormform, Shardblade, Ghostblood). PM actions (Alethi, nimbleform) happen instantaneously during the cycle, and can't be roleblocked. Note that the Decayform kill happens before other actions, and therefore blocks those actions. It does not block votes on the player killed, however.

Question: What happens if the lynch is tied?

Also, fun situation time: Say A is protected by Highprince C (who's already used up their shardplate) and B protected by Highprince D (shardplate is also used up).  A and B attack each other.  Would this then result in D attacks A and C attacks B, so C and D attack each other, so they both die?

Edited by Yitzi2