Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

I don't need hugs, I just want to rant a touch.

Yesterday was marching band festival, and a few things happened. They cancelled the parade of bands, which was disappointing because I was ready to show out with my sousaphone(gotta dance when you have one of those). Then, when my band performed, my instrument broke three different times. First, I moved my mouthpiece aside when marching on field so I could do the horn flashes, which didn't even work because we had no cadence and everyone was out of step. Then I couldn't get it back into proper position. After that, somehow it got clogged, and I couldn't play for a whole song. I'm the only tubist in our band too, so that's bad. Then, in our last song, my valve started sticking, and it was during a move where I couldn't release it manually.

So yeah, it sucked and I'm mad because it was my third to last high school performance.

2 hours ago, RaeTheRaven said:

Can I have like a year's worth of hugs? It's been a rough year. Thanks.

*mails deluxe hugbot*

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

*steals Wiz's thing and sends hugbots*

*hugs*

Bruh. That's my thing, thank you very much. :P

In any case, steal away. The more hugbots the better.

so for my Am. Lit. Comp. class, I have to write an essay about three different things that have made an impact on my life, and i can't think of anything that's actually interesting and that i can talk about for at least 5 minutes each and i'm literally on the brink of tears because i feel so stupid and bland because there's nothing about me that's interesting enough to write an essay about

my original ideas were my house, 17th Shard, and BoysTown, but i can't think of a specific way that my house has impacted me, and my brain is being annoying and can't word things the way i want to in order for me to describe how it's impacted me, and i don't want to talk about BoysTown, because it was traumatizing for me and i don't want to dig up bad memories

3 minutes ago, shortcake said:

so for my Am. Lit. Comp. class, I have to write an essay about three different things that have made an impact on my life, and i can't think of anything that's actually interesting and that i can talk about for at least 5 minutes each and i'm literally on the brink of tears because i feel so stupid and bland because there's nothing about me that's interesting enough to write an essay about

Hugs! And you should know that there is no way I would use the word bland to describe you. You are interesting and wonderful in case you forgot.

22 minutes ago, shortcake said:

my original ideas were my house, 17th Shard, and BoysTown, but i can't think of a specific way that my house has impacted me, and my brain is being annoying and can't word things the way i want to in order for me to describe how it's impacted me, and i don't want to talk about BoysTown, because it was traumatizing for me and i don't want to dig up bad memories

*hugs*

you are definitely not bland. I'm glad you wanted to talk about us though!

My rant time. So this was the advice I got from my judge in debate:

Spoiler

RFD: Neg had a really strong case and was able to rebuttal properly during CX. However, they were also able to stay respectful and followed the rules according to PF. It was a very hard decision as both teams had strong cases, but ultimately it was up to who was more respectful while remaining in line with the rules and guidelines of this event.

Advice directly to me:

You need to be more patient. You were being very curt with your opponents during CX cutting them off, and even out of cross and out of speeches. This energy is good during your speech, but please let the judge decide whether or not intervention is needed. You need to pay closer attention to what your opponents are actually saying, as you brought up a lot of points that were never mentioned by them. You had a super strong closing case, but unfortunately, the negatives outweigh the positives in this round. :(.

I would have loved to give you guys the win, but you were breaking too many PF rules. You were being aggressive and making it hard on your opponent and your judge. You guys have a lot of potential in PF, so it makes me really sad I couldn't give you the win, but I don't want to encourage toxic behavior in the Public forum community.

So my major problems are that Neg didn't have a strong case, and they didn't rebut in CX. They could not provide a defense against our C2, and we didn't break the rules. For my problems with the advice directed to me, I cut my opponents off ONE TIME in cross. The point they bring up that I didn't listen to them was them misunderstanding me! I asked them about their C2, and they got confused. THERE WERE ALSO NO NEGATIVES! THEY NEVER SAID THEIR IMPACTS, THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN IMPACT WAS, AND SO MUCH MORE!

Also, part of their advice to my partner was summed up as: enunciate clearer so we can understand you. She's from Indonesia and has an accent. 

Alright, rant over.

26 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

my bad, I just saw Wiz do it.

*steals slowswift's thing and sends more hugbots*

Oh, he did, didn't he? There you go. Anyways, it's like I said. I really don't mind.

21 minutes ago, shortcake said:

I remember those essays, and having very similar troubles with them. In my experience, it's not that you're boring, it's school being overly pretentious and one-size-fits-all.

8 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

I remember those essays, and having very similar troubles with them. In my experience, it's not that you're boring, it's school being overly pretentious and one-size-fits-all.

that's... actually a really good way of putting it...

thank you

i'm gonna talk to my teache about potentially altering the expectations for this assignment because of that now

<3

Edited by shortcake