Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

On 4/21/2023 at 0:21 AM, Slowswift said:

Seeing all the wholesomeness in this thread is a kind of therapeutic on its own. To everyone who has come here with problems and to everyone who's offered what help they can give, you. are. the. best. and I love you.

Carry on.

ty ❤

8 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I just feel like I'll never amount to anything. I have too many medical issues thanks to post covid issues and I'm autistic and ADHD and burnt out. 

*hugs* amounting to anything is overrated. I get what you mean though - hope things get better for you.

*more hugs*

*extra big hugs*

I think it depends on how you define "amount to anything", y'know? If you think of it as changing the world, then it'll be a lot harder for you to feel like you're doing anything. But I think that if you can make just one person smile, even if that person is you, then you're doing great. I'm sorry though, it's a terrible feeling.

On 4/25/2023 at 0:53 AM, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I just feel like I'll never amount to anything. I have too many medical issues thanks to post covid issues and I'm autistic and ADHD and burnt out. 

*hugs*

I may not be the best to say this. Since I am crashing and burning. But just keep going. In the end, you will be able to look back and see all of the amazing things you were able to do. And if you ever need someone to talk to I am always here. And my DMs are always open. *though I am usually one only every other day.*

Spoiler

I have a friend, a best friend, who is considering suicide. They're very very sad and unhappy with life and they want to leave. Every time they talk about it my hands shake. I can't imagine life without them, and I just need them to be okay. I don't know really what I'm asking for, just... help and support. I guess I need prayers. I'm not very religious anymore, and I don't really know if praying even works, but this is really really important, so I think it's worth a shot, especially if there's a lot of people doing it, right? Anyways, please please help if you can. If you can't that's okay, but... you know. Love you guys.

1 minute ago, Kajsa :) said:
Spoiler

I have a friend, a best friend, who is considering suicide. They're very very sad and unhappy with life and they want to leave. Every time they talk about it my hands shake. I can't imagine life without them, and I just need them to be okay. I don't know really what I'm asking for, just... help and support. I guess I need prayers. I'm not very religious anymore, and I don't really know if praying even works, but this is really really important, so I think it's worth a shot, especially if there's a lot of people doing it, right? Anyways, please please help if you can. If you can't that's okay, but... you know. Love you guys.

Always. I'm always praying for them. I couldn't imagine life without them either.

1 hour ago, Kajsa :) said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I will do that. I’m so sorry. These things are utterly terrifying. Let us know if there’s something else we can do also.

Just now, Shining Silhouette said:

sometimes i hate living

i don't like being controlled

and i don't like irrational people

why is this the way things are

Because the people in charge don't see. They don't care.

I'm sorry that it's like this right now.

But it will get better, it doesn't seem so now, but it will.

*Hugs*

10 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

sometimes i hate living

I don't really know what to say, so I'll give you some hugs instead because I care about you a lot. Sometimes living does suck and being controlled is the worst.

*hugshugshugs*

We love you.

10 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

sometimes i hate living

I'm sorry Silho. I agree with you. I don't know what to do about it either. *hugs*

Also, can we get some hugs for @The Halcyon Girl? She's been having a difficult time, and I think she would appreciate the nice words of you people.

I can't just stop. Nothing I do will ever be able to stop. I can't stop being sad, or anxious, or nice, or worried, or scared. I can't just stop doing those things or being the way I am suddenly. I won't be able to say things without hurting someone. I can't always be in control or know everything. My body will never be perfect. I can't stop the numbness it just comes back. And letting people help hurts them but not letting them help hurts them too. I'm terrified of telling people things because they'll stress over it. Its better just to not say anything than to hurt people. Inevitably I'm going to hurt everyone I interact with. I can't help it. Because... I don't know. It's just what happens. And whenever I think I'm doing better and actually doing something right for once its not good enough. It's not the right thing apparently and then I get told over and over how disappointed and mad I made people.

I'm supposed to be the nice, happy person who knows what she's doing.

But I'm not. I'm not all that nice, I'm not happy, I have no idea what I'm doing. 

And I can't just give up or stop trying because then people will be disappointed and mad.

I'm trying I really really am. But it's never enough so what does it matter.

On 5/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

I can't just stop. Nothing I do will ever be able to stop. I can't stop being sad, or anxious, or nice, or worried, or scared. I can't just stop doing those things or being the way I am suddenly. I won't be able to say things without hurting someone. I can't always be in control or know everything. My body will never be perfect. I can't stop the numbness it just comes back. And letting people help hurts them but not letting them help hurts them too. I'm terrified of telling people things because they'll stress over it. Its better just to not say anything than to hurt people. Inevitably I'm going to hurt everyone I interact with. I can't help it. Because... I don't know. It's just what happens. And whenever I think I'm doing better and actually doing something right for once its not good enough. It's not the right thing apparently and then I get told over and over how disappointed and mad I made people.

I'm supposed to be the nice, happy person who knows what she's doing.

But I'm not. I'm not all that nice, I'm not happy, I have no idea what I'm doing. 

And I can't just give up or stop trying because then people will be disappointed and mad.

I'm trying I really really am. But it's never enough so what does it matter.

It's okay to not have an idea what you're doing. You may feel like a burden, but I assure that many people don't feel that way and want to help you out. We're here for you no matter what! :) 

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

My cat hasn't been doing the best. He was puking a lot and so we took him to the vet and they gave him an injection and said to bring him back in if he started puking again, which he did yesterday. So we're going to take him back to the vet again but I'm worried about him :(

*hugs*

I hope he'll be okay!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been feeling pretty terrible lately, and I have no idea what to do. I feel so lonely, even though I have no right to feel that way because I'm surrounded by friends, and somehow it's easier to post that on the internet for a bunch of strangers to see, then it is to talk to the people I love most. 

1 hour ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

I've been feeling pretty terrible lately, and I have no idea what to do. I feel so lonely, even though I have no right to feel that way because I'm surrounded by friends, and somehow it's easier to post that on the internet for a bunch of strangers to see, then it is to talk to the people I love most. 

I'm sorry. Is there anything I could do? *hugs*

On 29/05/2023 at 7:04 AM, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

If I may, it is completely possible to be lonely while surrounded by the people you love. 

Alone and lonely are two very different things. 

Sometimes the people you love, won't understand somethings about you. Sometimes you won't feel comfortable enough to tell them you need help or that you're not feeling good. Telling them means being vulnerable and that is a very scary thing. 

Tim Kreider said, 

“If we want the rewards of being loved we have to submit to the mortifying ordeal of being known.”

But it is a mortifying ordeal. And the presence of anonymity while venting to "strangers on the internet" may be what makes it easier. 

That's okay too. What you are feeling is valid.

Remember if someone truly cares about you, they will not shy away from helping. That has not been the case for me as of yet, unfortunately. But I dearly hope it is for you. 

But again, you don't have to.

And...how do I say this...you don't need a reason to be feeling down. Sometimes you feel down for absolutely no reason and that's valid too. Bad days will occur. Its not about making sure there are no bad days, but making sure you keep going in spite of them. 

Remember, 

“It won’t be like that for me,” Kaladin said. “You told me it would get worse.” “It will,” Wit said, “but then it will get better. Then it will get worse again. Then better. This is life, and I will not lie by saying every day will be sunshine. But there will be sunshine again, and that is a very different thing to say. That is truth. I promise you, Kaladin: You will be warm again.”

I feel the same way you are feeling loads of times and a little TLC can go a long way. Maybe take some time out, listen to your favourite song, eat your favourite food, do a beloved activity. 

This are just suggestions, in the end. I hope you feel better soon. Sending lots of hugs <33

Edited by Cruciatus_heart