Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

It feels like my body hates me for being anxious. I can't sit comfortably and no matter what I do my back is in constant pain and discomfort. And I'm so tense just in general that even if I could figure out how to fix that then it doesn't really do anything. And being tense makes me really tired. And I feel bad for getting so anxious all the time but I can't stop it. And I don't know how to make it any better. So I just have to let it run its course and hope it doesn't last for too long. 

Also to anyone else who's been having a rough time with anything recently I send you lots and lots of hugs.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

It feels like my body hates me for being anxious. I can't sit comfortably and no matter what I do my back is in constant pain and discomfort. And I'm so tense just in general that even if I could figure out how to fix that then it doesn't really do anything. And being tense makes me really tired. And I feel bad for getting so anxious all the time but I can't stop it. And I don't know how to make it any better. So I just have to let it run its course and hope it doesn't last for too long. 

Also to anyone else who's been having a rough time with anything recently I send you lots and lots of hugs.

have you gotten it checked out by a doctor? I have scoliosis, and my neck and back usually hurt all the time. It could be that. I'd recommend getting it checked out, as the longer it goes, the more painful it will get (plus it'll take longer to fix).

23 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I’m not much good at advice but I can give you virtual hugs. *hugs*
———

So today some people came to my school to run a sort of chapel/concert/event thingy with fog machines and light displays and crazy loud speakers. It was … crazy. I tried to just chill while they were doing it but then they were like “woo let’s mosh” and I was like ‘argh panic attack, sensory overload, too many people I have a headache, I fell like I’m about to puke, help’ so… that was terrible and I’m really embarrassed because I was crying and I cried infront of all my friends and I didn’t even have a reason. It was just too overwhelming. Ughhh I’m just really frustrated at myself for getting upset. It doesn’t even make sense why I was upset. .-. Gahhhh

Oh, mate, that sucks. I had basically the same experience when I went to Youth Unite - I was almost immediately overwhelmed by the people (SO MANY PEOPLE AHH) the loud music, just the aura was intimidating to me - despite it being a friendly atmosphere. I had to fight against my every instinct to run home, and was forbidden by an amiga to go and hide in a corner, despite the fact that I was on the verge of tears.

But you know what? It's okay to cry, it's okay to be upset, and it's okay to be overwhelmed. The problem comes when we let those emotions, those instances, control us and hold us underwater, and steal out joy. Whenever this happens, just breathe. Through the tears. Through the embarrassment. Through the fear. In, and out. In, and out. Just know that you are loved and valued - we love you, Cin! *hugs* I hope you had a better day today, and will have a better day tomorrow as well!

19 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ooft - that's no fun. *hugs* I hope you get better soon, amiga! Don't beat yourself up about being anxious - heaven knows, you're body is doing that for you! :P You are a wonderful human, Insa - just remember to relax and breathe! 

And for anyone else who is having a bad day, know that you are loved and valued! *hugs* *throws muffins*

7 hours ago, Telrao said:

Oh, mate, that sucks. I had basically the same experience when I went to Youth Unite - I was almost immediately overwhelmed by the people (SO MANY PEOPLE AHH) the loud music, just the aura was intimidating to me - despite it being a friendly atmosphere. I had to fight against my every instinct to run home, and was forbidden by an amiga to go and hide in a corner, despite the fact that I was on the verge of tears.

But you know what? It's okay to cry, it's okay to be upset, and it's okay to be overwhelmed. The problem comes when we let those emotions, those instances, control us and hold us underwater, and steal out joy. Whenever this happens, just breathe. Through the tears. Through the embarrassment. Through the fear. In, and out. In, and out. Just know that you are loved and valued - we love you, Cin! *hugs* I hope you had a better day today, and will have a better day tomorrow as well!

Ooft - that's no fun. *hugs* I hope you get better soon, amiga! Don't beat yourself up about being anxious - heaven knows, you're body is doing that for you! :P You are a wonderful human, Insa - just remember to relax and breathe! 

And for anyone else who is having a bad day, know that you are loved and valued! *hugs* *throws muffins*

TELRAO!!! HOW DO YOU WORDS SO WELL??????

that is like, everything I wanted to say, but didn't know how to.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

TELRAO!!! HOW DO YOU WORDS SO WELL??????

that is like, everything I wanted to say, but didn't know how to.

Agreed, words is hard

On 3/28/2023 at 5:26 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

I'm sorry to hear that. constant back pain no matter how severe is never good. *hugs*

On 3/28/2023 at 0:59 AM, Cinnamon said:

I’m not much good at advice but I can give you virtual hugs. *hugs*
———

So today some people came to my school to run a sort of chapel/concert/event thingy with fog machines and light displays and crazy loud speakers. It was … crazy. I tried to just chill while they were doing it but then they were like “woo let’s mosh” and I was like ‘argh panic attack, sensory overload, too many people I have a headache, I fell like I’m about to puke, help’ so… that was terrible and I’m really embarrassed because I was crying and I cried infront of all my friends and I didn’t even have a reason. It was just too overwhelming. Ughhh I’m just really frustrated at myself for getting upset. It doesn’t even make sense why I was upset. .-. Gahhhh

It's okay to just feel overwhelmed for no reason. sensory overload is quite unpleasant (putting it mildly) in the best of situations. *hugs*

I don't understand at all.

If I do things, I hate it or get really anxious and if I don't I feel unbearably guilty.

If I'm sad then I'm doing a bad job, I'm not fun to be around, I'm weak, I'm not good enough.

If I'm happy I'm merely distracted from existence.

It seems I'm just hurting people. They'd be happier if they didn't have to deal with me.

But I would really like to not be ignored, or maybe I'm payed a normal amount of attention and I just want more.

And I'm scared.

So scared.

Of everything. I fear the time, but maybe it is better that way. To be alone. Perhaps.

I don't want to be here.

It really isn't worth it.

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

If I do things, I hate it or get really anxious and if I don't I feel unbearably guilty.

If I'm sad then I'm doing a bad job, I'm not fun to be around, I'm weak, I'm not good enough.

It seems I'm just hurting people. They'd be happier if they didn't have to deal with me.

But I would really like to not be ignored, or maybe I'm payed a normal amount of attention and I just want more.

And I'm scared.

So scared.

Of everything. I fear the time, but maybe it is better that way. To be alone. Perhaps.

I don't want to be here.

No, I am far happier for having known you. 

17 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

And I'm scared.

So scared.

I don't want to be here.

I agree with Wizard. I'm far happier having met you and then getting to meet you again. It has made my life a lot better. You make a lot of people happy when you're around.

14 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

No, I am far happier for having known you. 

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

I agree with Wizard. I'm far happier having met you and then getting to meet you again. It has made my life a lot better. You make a lot of people happy when you're around.

I don't want to be a fool.

I don't want to feel or be ugly.

I don't want to be so dirty.

I don't want to hurt.

I don't want to be invasive or annoying.

I don't want to be somehow less.

And yet I refuse to change for some reason, and that makes them all the more true.

In addition to everything I said before.

Thank you, I shouldn't be doing this. In posting again I prove myself the things I say.

I am very sorry.

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to hurt.

And yet I refuse to change for some reason, and that makes them all the more true.

Thank you, I shouldn't be doing this. In posting again I prove myself the things I say.

I am very sorry.

No you don't prove yourself those things. And you are the opposite of all those things. Truly you are.

5 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to hurt.

I am very sorry.

I have felt things very similar to this before. I still struggle to change or ask for help and that's okay. Struggling is okay. It doesn't mean that everything you feel you are is right.

41 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to hurt.

I am very sorry.

You are none of the things you listed above. I wish I could help more, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to helpfulness with these kinds of things, so just know you're awesome! And smart! And not annoying!

5 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to hurt.

I am very sorry.

Change is hard.

Are these things you tell yourself about you? We're often far more critical about ourselves than we are about others. 

You're not a bad person, you're just still learning. You're not annoying, invasive, a fool, or lesser than others just because you make mistakes or ask for help.

You're brave. You're smart. You're persistent (you love cello, you're definitely persistent).

*hugs*

3 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

And I'm scared.

So scared.

I don't want to be here.

3 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to hurt.

I am very sorry.

Firstly, Cello *hugs*. It is easy enough to be hard on ourselves. I would say it is the easiest of tasks. What's hard is to realize who we truly are. You are not any of those things.

Your words sink deep as the depths of the frozen seas who rage and wrath boil without end. They call forth images of war from the furthest of realms. Cities laid bare and armies cast away into endless night. Light from a pinprick in the iron expanse shines as a torch at first hidden and yet so revealed at the same time.

You are awesome. It is no easy task to admit it. This however is the truth.

9 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to hurt.

I am very sorry.

You are not a fool.

You have a beautiful heart.

Your hands are clean.

Your soul is healing.

We are here to listen - and to love.

Don't listen to the doubt:

It is okay to be who you are - remain true to where you stand.

In addition to all you are more,

More than you could ever believe.

It is okay to reach out - we've got you, we're here.

And you do not need to be sorry *hugs*

We love you, Cellist!

Lol I know this is quite the dumbest thing likely posted on here, however someone told me I can't be interested in tornadoes when I was talking about them because they are associated with death. I tried to explain the science behind them is interesting, and I guess a fascination with them leads to improvements in storm spotting and therefore saving lives, but they didn't want to hear it :/

p.s. I just thought this was mildly annoying and funny (it wasn't enough to ruin my day lol)

Edited by solarcat

52 minutes ago, solarcat said:

Lol I know this is quite the dumbest thing likely posted on here, however someone told me I can't be interested in tornadoes when I was talking about them because they are associated with death. I tried to explain the science behind them is interesting, and I guess a fascination with them leads to improvements in storm spotting and therefore saving lives, but they didn't want to hear it :/

p.s. I just thought this was mildly annoying and funny (it wasn't enough to ruin my day lol)

Still people shouldn't put down what you enjoy as it isn't hurting others.

1 hour ago, solarcat said:

That's daft lol, my sympathies