Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

Beloved girlfriend DoomslugLuna is going on a trip to Mexico.

I will not see her again until the 16th or the 17th.

Some hugs and encouraging words would be... greatly appreciated.

My anxiety is going to have a field day because the area she is visiting is... dangerous.

Hugs please.

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

My anxiety is going to have a field day because the area she is visiting is... dangerous.

Hugs please.

It'll be alright. You will see her again.

*Hugs*

12 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Could I get some hugs? Today is quite rough

*hugs* There is a sunrise every morning, and with it the renewal of hope and life. I hope you're feeling better today!

48 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hugs please.

*hugs* Being apart from loved ones is hard, especially if you know where they're going is dangerous. But it is comforting to know that, no matter what may happen, they will still love you; and whenever you think of them, you smile. So hold onto those memories, and smile when you think of Luna, Calano. I'll keep both of y'all in my prayers!

@DoomslugLuna, enjoy your trip! I hope you'll have fun!

*throws muffins*

18 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hugs please.

*hugs* She's going to be fine! Don't worry. And you're going to have a great time when she gets back :))

On 4/3/2023 at 6:33 AM, That1Cellist said:

I don't want to be a fool.

I don't want to feel or be ugly.

I don't want to be so dirty.

I don't want to hurt.

I don't want to be invasive or annoying.

I don't want to feel or be ugly.

I don't want to be somehow less.

And yet I refuse to change for some reason, and that makes them all the more true.

In addition to everything I said before.

Thank you, I shouldn't be doing this. In posting again I prove myself the things I say.

I am very sorry.

I mean, aren't we all fools, annoying, invasive, ugly, and dirty sometimes? Don't we all hurt? Who doesn't? Who isn't? That's life, that's part of being a person. But that doesn't define us. *hugs*

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

43 minutes ago, solarcat said:

Is there any such advice thread for having trouble with something that isn't Sanderson specific on the Shard? 

25 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Calano has a relationship advice thread somewhere. And I'm sure the people here would be happy to give advice if you want it.

I would also think that this thread wouldn't be a bad place for advice and such either, but I guess it depends on what it is you want advice about.

4 hours ago, solarcat said:

Is there any such advice thread for having trouble with something that isn't Sanderson specific on the Shard? 

There’s a bunch of people who’s PMs are open specifically to give advice to people who’d be happy to listen but depending on  what the advice is about there may not be a specific thread that it fits in. I hope you’re okay.

1 minute ago, Robin Sedai said:

I think think this thread would be a pretty good fit. Remember though, most people here are literal teenagers (though very mature ones tbf) so I wouldn't take our advice too seriously.

Yes, us non-metaphorical teenagers can do our very best to help but we may not have the best advice :)

this school year has been very hard for me for a lot of reasons that i don't want to get into, and suddenly it's taken a serious toll. i was doing ok but now i'm not. i get so stressed all the time and i get bad stomach aches, which pretty much never happened till recently, and i'm so tired all the time because i have bad time management skills and i have to stay up late doing homework. i just have no idea how i am going to make it through the last 6 or 7 weeks of school, i feel like i've been driving a car since the school year started-- not particularly well, but progressively better and manageably-- but now i am suddenly out of gas and i literally don't know how i will make it to the end of the road because i am out of fricking gas and i can't move, i can't fricking lift my hands to take notes in biology class, and all i wanna do is just cry in bed all day.

hugs (and advice?) appreciated :(

36 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

this school year has been very hard for me for a lot of reasons that i don't want to get into, and suddenly it's taken a serious toll. i was doing ok but now i'm not. i get so stressed all the time and i get bad stomach aches, which pretty much never happened till recently, and i'm so tired all the time because i have bad time management skills and i have to stay up late doing homework. i just have no idea how i am going to make it through the last 6 or 7 weeks of school, i feel like i've been driving a car since the school year started-- not particularly well, but progressively better and manageably-- but now i am suddenly out of gas and i literally don't know how i will make it to the end of the road because i am out of fricking gas and i can't move, i can't fricking lift my hands to take notes in biology class, and all i wanna do is just cry in bed all day.

*hugs* awww man, that sounds absolutely terrible ;-; *more hugs*

I don’t really have much advice but I can say that when I feel burnt out and absolutely have no motivation to do anything even things I love it can help if I remember that the most important step I can take is the next one, like Dalinar, and I have a good cru and try my very best to do lazy things I love, like watching musicals or tv shows I like or drawing and reading, things that hopefully don’t take too much effort and try to breathe. It doesn’t make it go away but it may help. Also if you’re in a place like biology where you can’t exactly do those things what I do is become someone else, someone who never shows or feels overwhelming emotions and is always calm and composed, channel your inner Jasnah, until you can go to the bathroom and cry. It may not be the best way to deal with it but, it helps me. I really hope you get some friends to push your car to the gas station. I’m sorry you feel this way, it sucks ):

Edited by Cinnamon
Petrol-> gas for the Americans

2 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

*hugs*

Oh, that is not fun at all! If I could, I would crawl through this screen and give ya a big ol' hug. But my advice is:

It's okay to be out of gas sometimes. It's okay to cry, and it's okay to be tired. But guess what? The car isn't you. You control the car, you control your life. It's alright to take a rest day - heaven knows, you need it. But be careful not to let that rest day become a week. Set aside time (hard, I know) to take a break, go for a walk, play with your dog. Procrastination is a dangerous pit to fall in, and rest sits on that edge. But don't give up! Take a walk, breathe some air, then go back. Think it through. You actually work better when you work in short, sharp bursts with breaks in between. I forget what the method is called, but I do homework like this:

Set a 20 minute timer. Study for 20 minutes, take a 5 minute break - make tea, get up and walk for a little bit. Then sit back down and work for another 20 minutes, with another 5 minute break. And again. But instead of a 5 minute break, take a 10 minute one, then repeat the cycle. I've found that this really helps - and kinda solves the time management problem too!

*more hugs* You're amazing, Facepalm, and I hope you know that! Remember to breathe, get out of the car and walk. It's slower, for sure, but you'll get there in the end. *gives muffin*

7 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

I think think this thread would be a pretty good fit. Remember though, most people here are literal teenagers (though very mature ones tbf) so I wouldn't take our advice too seriously.

lol I'm a teenager, so it's fine. 

7 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Soz do double post, but school has similarly been walking on me. I now kind of loathe history and the humanities in general. Last year I had so much more work, yet this year I have less and am slower to get it done because I see no point in it and my parentes made me pick up a sport. I like science and math since I don't have to sit there thinking about the perfect sentences to put on a paper (it's also more fun), and writing makes up a very large portion of the AP US history exam I'm going to take in less than a month. I guess realizing the monotony of waking up everyday to do the same thing gets to me now ei .

9 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

School is stressful. Know that a lot of the feeling you have are typical. I’ve gotten so stressed that I cry because of school. Multiple times! I don’t have any special advice to deal with the stress, but what has helped me is stepping back and making lists of what I need to accomplish, and then estimating how much time each thing takes. Seeing it all laid out helps me know that I will make it through. 

And that’s my second message. Yes it is hard. Yes it will be difficult. But you have enough strength to make it through. An end is in sight and we will all run beside you as you travel to the end, and celebrate with you when you reach it. 

10 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I'm so sorry, Facepalm. I definitely know the feeling. *hugs*

I don't know if your parents will let you, but if you aren't being productive at school, it can help to just take a day at home, to refill your metaphorical gas tank. Sometimes taking a break now can give you the strength to make it further later. It can also help to remember that school isn't everything; even if you somehow flunk every class and every test, your life isn't over. 

I don't know if any of this helps, but I'm here if you need anything. Good luck. *hugs*

13 hours ago, solarcat said:

Soz do double post, but school has similarly been walking on me. I now kind of loathe history and the humanities in general. Last year I had so much more work, yet this year I have less and am slower to get it done because I see no point in it and my parentes made me pick up a sport. I like science and math since I don't have to sit there thinking about the perfect sentences to put on a paper (it's also more fun), and writing makes up a very large portion of the AP US history exam I'm going to take in less than a month. I guess realizing the monotony of waking up everyday to do the same thing gets to me now ei .

I’m sorry *hugs*