You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

You know you're a Sanderfan when you play Werewolves and you are the Spellcaster, but you keep calling it the Soulcaster. No joke.

And a bonus: the character on the card had red hair and blue eyes, like Shallan. :)

You know you are a Sanderfan when you instantly read spellcaster as soulcaster before actually realizing its spellcaster.

If I were a Coinshot, I'd do all my shopping from inside the cart. I'd just Push on the front to propel myself through the store like a go-kart.

First off this is amazing. Yes, yes, all the way yes!

Also, I made the mistake of googling "Shopping cart go cart", I was rewarded with this:

524dac3778c1d.image.jpg

How can someone ride in that and not have an ear to ear smile? This guy shakes my already small amount of faith in humanity.

Edited by Iron Eyes

If I were a Coinshot, I'd do all my shopping from inside the cart. I'd just Push on the front to propel myself through the store like a go-kart.

That wouldn't work :P you may as well push on the front eith your legs. However, it you pushed on the other carts and shelves, you would move :)

You know you are a Sanderfan when you think this is a great idea and decide to start doing it.

You know you are a Sanderfan when you have completely stopped using normal swear words and instead use Storms, Rust, Colors, Sparks or just make up new ones.

You know you are a Sanderfan when you spent 30 minutes coming up with hemalurgical creations you think would be really cool.

I have made a few myself. The most prominent is probably "busy," usu. followed by "rats" or "beaver," and sometimes used as an adjective. Aleph omega" and "aleph lamda" are favorites also. Yes, I am a nerd.

emphasis added in quote.

Edited by Xaladin

I have made a few myself. The most prominent is probably "busy," usu. followed by "rats" or "beaver," and sometimes used as an adjective. Aleph omega" and "aleph lamda" are favorites also. Yes, I am a nerd.

emphasis added in quote.

"Crumbs!" and "Marginally creepy bueaucrats!" are my preference after "Gak!"

When the following two incidences occur (and yes, they did).

1. My response to "what do you think of Donald Trump" was "He is still a bastard, but at least he is a likable bastard."

2. In my graph theory class, we discussed bichromatic graphs, but I kept (unconsciously) calling them "biochromatic" graphs.

Another unrelated swearword: dystit. Extra points if you can guess where it comes from/what it means.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you feel absolutely ecstatic at the idea that you might have just introduced someone new to the amazingness that is Brandon's works, but also a little sad that now you don't get to read the book yet! :P

Good for you!  At least it wasn't the only opportunity that you will ever have to read the book! :)

Whenever I hear someone say 'Gak!', I always follow t up with "Protect your straw." Sigh. So many blank stares. :mellow:

I use Gak, and follow it up. I have three friends who get it(now). Storms and Sparks are my two though, for serious usage. Gak is more comedic distress. Anyone else do the alliterative author attributing when in distress?

So I was in the bookstore today and I found a copy of the Rithmatist. It's one of the few books of Sanderson's that I haven't read yet since I rarely look in the teen fiction section. I'm about to walk away and pay for my entertainment for the weekend when I hear someone say, "does anyone know of any good teen fantasy books?" It was one of the employees and she was speaking into the headset bit that they wear to contact other employees.

My curiosity was piqued so I stuck around. Evidently no one answered her, or no one knew of any good teen novels, because she went back to this older couple and shrugged. I edged a little closer and I hear the gentleman say something about just wanting something that didn't have vampires or anything like that. The employee chick just shrugged and said dejectedly that unfortunately, that's a common problem in teen fiction.

It's at this time that I should point out that the copy of the Rithmatist that I was holding was the only copy they had.

I walked up to the couple, handed them the Rithmatist, and told them, I quote, "Here ya go. Sanderson is just an amazing author and no vampires!"

I then left to browse around for something else to read. I did later go back to check to see if they had replaced the book or not though. Apparently they didn't. :D

You know you're a Sanderfan when you feel absolutely ecstatic at the idea that you might have just introduced someone new to the amazingness that is Brandon's works, but also a little sad that now you don't get to read the book yet! :P

That is awesome of you. Have an upvote, you deserve it. Passing up a Sanderson book you haven't read to spread this sweetness and light.... I don't know that I could do the same. Edited by Kairos