Long Game 99: Scourges of the Saturated Seas

Sart

Posted (edited)

I still need two more players, plus I don't love forcing Kasimir to play.

Therefore, I am delaying the start of this game to Friday, March 8th at 9 PM EST.

Edited by Sart

I'll stay in for now but will probably drop to a pinch-hitter if we meet the minimum. Sorry guys. Love this ruleset but just not in a mafia mood and just came off a Village game where I went semi-inactive by my standards.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:59 PM, Hairybarron said:

I would like to signup.

Welcome! I'm looking forward to playing with you!

On 3/5/2024 at 9:01 PM, Kasimir said:

I'll stay in for now but will probably drop to a pinch-hitter if we meet the minimum. Sorry guys. Love this ruleset but just not in a mafia mood and just came off a Village game where I went semi-inactive by my standards.

Always prioritize yourself, friendo. The village will survive o7

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Always prioritize yourself, friendo. The village will survive o7

On the one hand, good to remind myself I don't have to bring my A game. On the other hand, have really never felt this far from game mind. On the third hand, you're all short of players. 

Bah this shouldn't be so hard.

Well, if you're still looking for players and you haven't already done a distro and stuff, I enlist as the Dead Pilot Rob Hertz, the curiously taciturn and grey-haired, grey-eyed, grey-skinned helmsman who is only very infrequently mistaken for the more famous Dread Pirate Roberts.

Also, the bizarre Drake gimmick of this game shall be: I will not post more than 3 times on any turn under any circumstances >:P

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Well, if you're still looking for players and you haven't already done a distro and stuff, I enlist as the Dead Pilot Rob Hertz, the curiously taciturn and grey-haired, grey-eyed, grey-skinned helmsman who is only very infrequently mistaken for the more famous Dread Pirate Roberts.

Also, the bizarre Drake gimmick of this game shall be: I will not post more than 3 times on any turn under any circumstances >:P

And that's finally 12 players. I'll be getting the thread up in 30 minutes.

The Deadrunners were swift in the night. If they controlled the spore supplies, then they controlled the shift. However, the noble sprouter, Sarkan, tried to fend them off. A fight broke out, scattering spores left and right. Not daring to get them wet, the mutineers choked poor Sarkan, shedding not a drop of blood. However, the fight had made too much noise, and they had to flee. The rest of the crew woke up to pandemonium. One of their own was dead, a wealth of spores was there for the taking, and no one was there to regulate it. It would be an all out free for all, as they quickly squabbled over the scraps.

Sarkan has died! He was a Sprouter who was part of the Loyal Crew.

Spore Supply:

Spoiler
  • 5 Zephyr Spores
  • 7 Sunlight Spores
  • 4 Verdant Spores
  • 1 Roseite Spore
  • 1 Crimson Spore
  • 1 Midnight Spore

Player List:

I was just about to sleep when I got the notifs. So this is basically a kind of [but not exactly] a re-skinned re-run of LG73 [and LG83], so the new/er players can refer to those games to get an idea. 

We'll talk about item strategy later, gunnite. 

Ceding one of the sunlight spores to my name.

For those who can't remember what which spores do, here's the list:

Spoiler

Zephyr: Redirection 

Sunlight: 1 on 1 PM

Verdant: Roleblock

Rosette: protection

Crimson: Vig/TS shot

Midnight: Tracker+Action scanner

15 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

The Crimson Spore is MINE.

If any of you try and take it, you will die. I will drag you down to the deeps with me.

That is all ☠️

Wolfy behavior (imo)

(FTR crimson spores kill everyone who tries to take it if you try and take too many)

13 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

why did i start with the most dangerous possible spore... the nights are mine to control, i guess.

He has Zephyr people someone RB him

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

oh fun. 

Performative. TheRavenHasLanded.

Anyways if anyone has the sunlight spore (makes 1 on 1 PMs) I would appreciate it you made a PM with me tyty

EDIT:

@Aeternum hi

EDIT 2:

Okay, upon farther review, Drake's crimson ultimatum is NAI. 

Town!drake knows that the eliminators want the oh-so-valuable crimson spore, and knows that the eliminators (which there should be 3 of in a game with this high kp) won't go for it if there might be a chance of them dying.

Evil!drake knows that the crimson spore is the most valuable. If people think that it's ill-inclined, he'll just take the other spore (midnight) that's more valuable to the town instead, hoping two villagers decide to self-kill in a car crash over the crimson spore.

Wait, I just realized that since spores are announced during the day it might not be the wisest choice to go conduct a car crash while taking another spore. Everyone, I think we should let Drake have the spore and leave him to his word. We'll know where the vig shot comes from, and that'll be the most Alignment Indicative thing we can get for him. There's more benefit for town drake than Elim drake anyways, so drake is probably town.

Anyways, I'm curious to see what "item strategy" TJ will talk about so let's wait and then see.

Edited by Aeoryi

Heyo my fellow sailors, raiders, buccaneers, and scalawags. ‘Tis I, the character being roleplayed by Amanuensis, who is definitely not breaking any walls on this here ship, whether that’s the first wall, or the second, or the third, or the… you get the point. I don’t have too many thoughts to share at the moment, but already I like to see Aeo solving right off the bat, so she earns a tentative D1 townlean until any counter evidence presents itself in the form of future posts and actions. This is totally not a thoroughly worded disclaimer because Drake brotunneled Aman last game and he’d rather avoid that, as I have no idea about anything outside of this crazy and/or beautiful world that we call Lumar, especially on strange planets I’ve never ever heard about like Scadrial.

For now that is all o7

54 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Ceding one of the sunlight spores to my name.

For those who can't remember what which spores do, here's the list:

Reveal hidden contents

Zephyr: Redirection 

Sunlight: 1 on 1 PM

Verdant: Roleblock

Rosette: protection

Crimson: Vig/TS shot

Midnight: Tracker+Action scanner

Wolfy behavior (imo)

(FTR crimson spores kill everyone who tries to take it if you try and take too many)

He has Zephyr people someone RB him

Performative. TheRavenHasLanded.

Anyways if anyone has the sunlight spore (makes 1 on 1 PMs) I would appreciate it you made a PM with me tyty

EDIT:

@Aeternum hi

EDIT 2:

Okay, upon farther review, Drake's crimson ultimatum is NAI. 

Town!drake knows that the eliminators want the oh-so-valuable crimson spore, and knows that the eliminators (which there should be 3 of in a game with this high kp) won't go for it if there might be a chance of them dying.

Evil!drake knows that the crimson spore is the most valuable. If people think that it's ill-inclined, he'll just take the other spore (midnight) that's more valuable to the town instead, hoping two villagers decide to self-kill in a car crash over the crimson spore.

Wait, I just realized that since spores are announced during the day it might not be the wisest choice to go conduct a car crash while taking another spore. Everyone, I think we should let Drake have the spore and leave him to his word. We'll know where the vig shot comes from, and that'll be the most Alignment Indicative thing we can get for him. There's more benefit for town drake than Elim drake anyways, so drake is probably town.

Anyways, I'm curious to see what "item strategy" TJ will talk about so let's wait and then see.

I meant midnight, you crazy person. seems a little strange you would immediately go after me though, soooooo Aeoryi

OMGUS, A.K.A. Oh My God You Sus

OMGUS is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you.  It can be used as an "excuse" for a Random Vote near the beginning of the game, or as a retaliation when someone is close to being eliminated, as a vent against the frustration (even if the player being voted for has no reasonable chance of being eliminated). Occasionally a Elim player will use it to cover a strategic vote, feigning outrage to get someone else closer to an elimination.

Woah. Don’t know where that came from. Don’t even understand what half those words mean lol. And yea I said lol out loud instead of actually laughing out loud or explaining the acronym (at least until this sentence). Why are you looking at me like that?

For now that is all o7

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

OMGUS, A.K.A. Oh My God You Sus

OMGUS is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you.  It can be used as an "excuse" for a Random Vote near the beginning of the game, or as a retaliation when someone is close to being eliminated, as a vent against the frustration (even if the player being voted for has no reasonable chance of being eliminated). Occasionally a Elim player will use it to cover a strategic vote, feigning outrage to get someone else closer to an elimination.

For now that is all o7

that wasnt the intention, but alright? I mean, thanks for the information. Still, though, seemed a little out of the blue on aeo's part. also, not sure where she got the idea that i have zephyr.

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

that wasnt the intention, but alright? I mean, thanks for the information. Still, though, seemed a little out of the blue on aeo's part. also, not sure where she got the idea that i have zephyr.

If I was Aman, which I’m not, just a character being roleplayed by him, I would probably say that it’s a fairly common reflex in mafia across all communities, especially for newer players who’ve yet to establish their signature lines of attack / solving procedures. Was meant to be more informative for anyone that’s not familiar with mafia, such as myself, as I don’t know what that even is, and our new friend Hairy, who for some reason I believe is even less knowledgeable on this subject than me, and that’s saying a lot. Either way, I, or Aman rather, since he’s talking through me, has not yet landed on if he leans V or E for your quick, maybe unhindered, retaliation. As I say that, he does think V is more reasonable, but he doesn’t seem to know what e!You is like, so it technically might be within your range. Whatever that is.

For now that is all o7

((OOC ED1T: So far the now in my post signatures has been autocorrected to Note and Noon. I wonder what the next one will be))

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

If I was Aman, which I’m not, just a character being roleplayed by him, I would probably say that it’s a fairly common reflex in mafia across all communities, especially for newer players who’ve yet to establish their signature lines of attack / solving procedures. Was meant to be more informative for anyone that’s not familiar with mafia, such as myself, as I don’t know what that even is, and our new friend Hairy, who for some reason I believe is even less knowledgeable on this subject than me, and that’s saying a lot. Either way, I, or Aman rather, since he’s talking through me, has not yet landed on if he leans V or E for your quick, maybe unhindered, retaliation. As I say that, he does think V is more reasonable, but he doesn’t seem to know what e!You is like, so it technically might be within your range. Whatever that is.

For noon that is all o7

o7 aye aye, not-aman.