Long Game 99: Scourges of the Saturated Seas

Sart

3 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I don't know if I'm the only one thinking that Royal's mindset just seems... Weird and wrong. On one hand, I can't see a villager saying "I think we should let the elims have the first move" but I also couldn't really see an Elim saying that. 

Same thing with the whole not reading the game rules thing. It's kind of weird, not in an overplayed way, but in a "why doesn't he just understand the rules" kind of way.

In my defense for this there was a contradiction between 2 rules that had me confused. I did read the rules and I think I understand them all

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

In my defense for this there was a contradiction between 2 rules that had me confused. I did read the rules and I think I understand them all

Lol why is your vote on me

Legacy is that 2 in TJ, Aeternum, RBM, Barron, are elim anyways 

Edit Kas can take my crimson spore kay

Edited by Aeoryi

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Lol why is your vote on me 

Legacy is that 2 in TJ, Aeternum, RBM, Barron, are elim anyways 

Because you keep throwing me under the bus. I could be convinced to change if you give me a good enough reason.

out of your 4 names I don’t think aeternum has given enough messages for me to make a claim about them. Same for Barron 

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

Because you keep throwing me under the bus. I could be convinced to change if you give me a good enough reason.

out of your 4 names I don’t think aeternum has given enough messages for me to make a claim about them. Same for Barron

Aeternum hasn't made any game related posts that feel decent enough

Also your vote is literally the definition of OMGUS (Oh My God You Sus) where you sus someone for sussing you

But if you really want a reason why not to vote me I'll give you one:

Thread Cannibalism. A process in which the loudest in the thread are lynched by the village which leads to an elim sided game. 

You're literally killing me because I have the longest posts and the hottest takes and if you keep it up, you'll find that no one will be talking in the thread and that the game will become stale and stagnant, and at that point the elims are guaranteed to win.

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Aeternum hasn't made any game related posts that feel decent enough

Also your vote is literally the definition of OMGUS (Oh My God You Sus) where you sus someone for sussing you

But if you really want a reason why not to vote me I'll give you one:

Thread Cannibalism. A process in which the loudest in the thread are lynched by the village which leads to an elim sided game. 

You're literally killing me because I have the longest posts and the hottest takes and if you keep it up, you'll find that no one will be talking in the thread and that the game will become stale and stagnant, and at that point the elims are guaranteed to win.

You must an interesting point about thread cannibalism. It might seem that I have subconsciously made that choice. When Jason made his point it just seemed to make sense to me. Even if I unvote you I still don’t know who to vote instead.

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

You must an interesting point about thread cannibalism. It might seem that I have subconsciously made that choice. When Jason made his point it just seemed to make sense to me. Even if I unvote you I still don’t know who to vote instead.

Who's... Jason?

Kasimir's point was that he thought it was my scumtell, based on what (stick probably) someone told him. That scumtell is that Aeoryi being good at the game = wolf/Elim. That's the simplified version of it, and that isn't even correct. My scumtell, as anyone on MU that has played with me will tell you, is that if I've voted on or out several elims, I'm probably an Elim myself, and that if I'm hard defending elims, that I am town.

You don't even know what you're talking about, and it annoys me to no end.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Who's... Jason?

Kasimir's point was that he thought it was my scumtell, based on what (stick probably) someone told him. That scumtell is that Aeoryi being good at the game = wolf/Elim. That's the simplified version of it, and that isn't even correct. My scumtell, as anyone on MU that has played with me will tell you, is that if I've voted on or out several elims, I'm probably an Elim myself, and that if I'm hard defending elims, that I am town.

You don't even know what you're talking about, and it annoys me to no end.

Shoot I meant kas not jason. I am trying to work out what I mean. Every other time that I have played this game it was over I an hour. Never before have I played a long form game like this. 
If what you’ve saying is true then I am sorry. I don’t know what else to do. I am trying to get better but it’s hard for someone new.

6 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Do you not feel that kind of pre-flipping is more an endgame move than an early game move?

Hmmm, true I agree. I do think the game is going to something like elims needing like 3 MLs + with some spore shenanigans you could argue that e!Aeo is planning for a quick win. 

5 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

This vote feels very opportunistic. More opportunistic than I've ever seen TJ be (as town)

I didn't like your reasoning for the vote on Raven, which is why I attempted to converse about it, but by the time I got your reply, there were votes on you already.

3 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

In my opinion, the following examples are performative (or at least Elim behavior):

Hmmm, perhaps we have different ideas of "performative", because I always perceived performative as appearing too obviously villager-y and helpful but without actually doing anything. 

5 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

And you think I haven't gotten better since then?

I've barely played since that game tbh, and I think I've only played non-anon game with you, so I really cannot tell the passage of time or the progression of your game during the period [other than the game I GMed, yes]. 

@Sart VC

Also, does the rollover happen in 30 minutes or an hour and 30 because of Daylight savings time?

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

and whats that supposed to mean?

Illwei was a player who used to play SE, but stopped, and now plays in MU instead.

Really not liking Aeoryi's last string of posts. Feels like Aeoryi is 1. Trying to redefine her tell (with a "everyone knows this in MU" that's unlikely to be contradicted) to make her e!behavior look better, or 2. Telling the truth about this not being her tell, but is overreacting/being annoyed because the village found her for the wrong reasons.

Aeoryi 

3 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Really not liking Aeoryi's last string of posts. Feels like Aeoryi is 1. Trying to redefine her tell (with a "everyone knows this in MU" that's unlikely to be contradicted) to make her e!behavior look better, or 2. Telling the truth about this not being her tell, but is overreacting/being annoyed because the village found her for the wrong reasons.

Aeoryi 

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/44168-Eel-Appreciation-Mafia-(Mountainous)-RERAND?p=7809264#post7809264

Go read

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

You realize that I operated both from the principle that you were lying about the tell and that you were telling the truth, right?

Editar: Because I have no interest in reading a ridiculously long MU thread. I personally think you are telling the truth about the tell, but tha you're still an elim who's annoyed that a bunch of people have gotten it right for the wrong reason.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

- @Amanuensis Bro, am interested in your take here?

Amanuensis currently thinks an Aeo exe is a lost cause, both in the sense that it’s probably not a hit and in that he doubts we’ll be able to pivot elsewhere and get a better result. He liked that she’s been playing more in an attempt to improve as a player, but then she self-voted and ruined that, so now he’s indifferent to her self-destructing again / less invested in trying to put his thumb on the scale.

Beyond that, he’s mostly eyeballing TJ and Drake atm, though isn’t exactly keen on voting them D1 based on what they’ve produced so far. But if he was in the same position as Aeo where their death seems inevitable, he’d most likely try wiggling out of the exe and go for Crimson to flip Drake with him, since people would want him dead anyway and he believes publicly gunning for Crimson is within e!Drake’s gambit range.

Other people are talking but I can’t hear them from back here, so…

For now that’s all o7

Edited by Amanuensis

6 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Lol your entire read on me is based off the fact that you think my opinion is wrong

Null+ for not agreeing with Raven take - but why? (I would argue there's not a necessary connection in that you can disagree with her Raven take and think she's V, or disagree and think she's E, so stringing them together in this context makes me wonder what you are thinking about.

These are fair points, and are the reason why I have not voted Aeo so far; while I feel she may have made a mistake regarding Raven, the rest of her posts seem fairly V, and I don't want to exe her today. The "null+" came from the V-ish aspects of her posts, but it was "[tentative]" because I had disagreed with aspects of her posts.

14 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Why? (At you and @RoyalBeeMage.)

No one here tends to do NKA and we don't have Ash around. Without NKA, it's more discussed exe pressure that gets us finding Elims. (There's second and third layer implications based on whether they prefer low info kills or noise kills but suffice to say neither makes it easier for us.)

I felt intuitively that we have more support from more data points, but it is good to know that this is not particularly helpful.

3 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

You realize that I operated both from the principle that you were lying about the tell and that you were telling the truth, right?

Editar: Because I have no interest in reading a ridiculously long MU thread. I personally think you are telling the truth about the tell, but tha you're still an elim who's annoyed that a bunch of people have gotten it right for the wrong reason.

I hate the whole idea of a the red vote tell because it actively discourages good play as town. It is just so stupid that I can't even try to enjoy a game on another site where a scumtell from another site shouldn't even be a problem and that I can't even have a single good town game. It's so stupid that it's annoying me, and then five other people are voting on me because of Kas misinterpreting some tell. It's awful because it makes me not want to play, and it's awful because I want to play a casual game on this site. 

It's so annoying and irritating because no one else has this problem. It's annoying that RBM has decided to vote me because of what "Jason's" non-existent reasons were. It's annoying because at the base of it all, it's a playstyle suspicion. It's annoying because I can't actually play a game on this site without being killed by the town in day one. It's annoying because at one moment, TKN is willing to agree with the tell, but not even look at what I have to say about it. It's so annoying that it makes me not want to play on this site again, and it's even more annoying because it seems like no one else even wants to put five braincells out there and even try to play the game 

So there you go.

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Amanuensis currently thinks an Aeo exe is a lost cause, both in the sense that it’s probably not a hit and in that he doubts we’ll be able to pivot elsewhere and get a better result. He liked that she’s been playing more in an attempt to improve as a player, but then she self-voted and ruined that, so now he’s indifferent to her self-destructing again / less invested in trying to put his thumb on the scale.

Beyond that, he’s mostly eyeballing TJ and Drake atm, though isn’t exactly keen on voting them D1 based on what they’ve produced so far. But if he was in the same position as Aeo where their death seems inevitable, he’d most likely try wiggling out of the exe and go for Crimson to flip Drake with him, since people would want him dead anyway and he believes gunning for Crimson is within e!Drake’s gambit range.

Other people are talking but I can’t hear them from back here, so…

For now that’s all o7

Royal Bee Mage

Anyways I'm pretty sure RBM has played before in QF70 so I feel no remorse voting here. This slot is very weird, and very hard to understand, and is also voting on me for reasons undecipherable by many.

Well ok then

Guess it's another one of these kinds of D1s

Vote Tally
Aeoryi (6)
: Aeoryi, Kasimir, RoyalBeeMage, The Bald Brandon, TheRavenHasLanded, |TJ|

|TJ| (2): Aeternum, DrakeMarshall
The Bald Brandon (1): Hairybarron

Spore Tally (unchanged since my last post)
Crimson (1/1): DrakeMarshall
Verdant (1/4): Faerie Braids
Zephyr (1/5): TheRavenHasLanded
Sunlight (1/7): RoyalBeeMage
Undeclared: Everyone Else

22 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

i also have my midnight spore.

You keep saying this, and I hear ya, I do, but what do you think my spore tally is for?

Well I'll tell you what it's for :) What I'm doing it for is so that people can coordinate grabs without blowing up. I believe being upfront about daytime grabs is advantageous, since it'll be revealed at the end of the day regardless, so I'm acting accordingly. Those who feel otherwise can do otherwise.

The spore you (or anyone else) started with doesn't effect that, so while it's nice that you have a midnight spore, it's not going in my tally.

Drakebro, shut up I am not taking space faerie crap from you again 😠

Prejudice against faeries is unbecoming of you sir 😔

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

mood tbh 😔

anyways my vote's already in a reasonable spot from where I'm standing

14 minutes ago, Faerie Braids said:

These are fair points, and are the reason why I have not voted Aeo so far; while I feel she may have made a mistake regarding Raven, the rest of her posts seem fairly V, and I don't want to exe her today. The "null+" came from the V-ish aspects of her posts, but it was "[tentative]" because I had disagreed with aspects of her posts.

I felt intuitively that we have more support from more data points, but it is good to know that this is not particularly helpful.

Just a tip for you: disagreeing with someone's conclusion is NAI. The most valuable part is how someone reached that conclusion.

Edit: Day is over I think

Edited by Aeoryi

Posted (edited)

Aeoryi swore at the other sailors. "Ye fools! I be a loyal crewmen aboard this ship. Your foolishness will be the end of us all. I pray to ol' Ironeyes for revenge, and pray I see ye after I enter his realm." Not wanting the crew to do any sort of violence upon them, Aeoryi leaped from the ship, landing in the Spores below. As they expanded from the water in her body, the ship rocked, and then steadied. There were no cheers, and as day became night, many plans began to hatch.

Aeoryi has died. She was a member of the Loyal Crew.

Vote Count:

Spoiler
  • Aeoryi (5) : TheRavenHasLanded, Kasimir, TJ, Royal Bee Mage, The Bald Brandon
  • TJ (2😞 DrakeMarshall, Aeternum
  • Royal Bee Mage (1): Aeoryi
  • The Bald Brandon: Hairybarron

Spores Taken:

Spoiler
  • TJ took a Zephyr Spore
  • Faerie Braids took a Verdant Spore
  • RoyalBeeMage took a Sunlight Spore
  • TheRavenHasLanded took a Zephyr Spore
  • Amanuensis took a Sunlight Spore
  • JNV took a Sunlight Spore
  • Kasimir took a Sunlight Spore
  • DrakeMarshall took a Crimson Spore

Spore Supply:

Hide contents
  • 3 Zephyr Spores
  • 3 Sunlight Spores
  • 3 Verdant Spores
  • 2 Roseite Spores
  • 1 Midnight Spore

Player List:

Hide contents

The Night will end on March 11th, at 9 PM EST.

Edited by Sart
Technically Aeoryi didn't take anything

since i have a sunlight spore does anyone want to have a conversation?

Just now, The Bald Brandon said:

And I forgot to grab a spore because od daylight savings time. Great.

Oh. Also Aeoryi's dead.

Sorry.

shoot. i am sorry aeo. if you see this i apologise for voting you. 

28 minutes ago, Sart said:
  • 3 Zephyr Spores
  • 3 Sunlight Spores
  • 3 Verdant Spores
  • 2 Roseite Spores
  • 1 Midnight Spore

Let's work out the delta here.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:11 AM, Sart said:
  • 5 Zephyr Spores (-2 Z)
  • 7 Sunlight Spores (-4 S)
  • 4 Verdant Spores (-1 V)
  • 1 Roseite Spore (+ 1 R)
  • 1 Crimson Spore (-1 C)
  • 1 Midnight Spore

Pretty sure it checks out, but I'd just like to confirm:

30 minutes ago, Sart said:
  • TJ took a Zephyr Spore
  • Aeoryi took a Roseite Spore

4S, 2Z, 1R, 1V, 1C.

Leaning a little V on JNV. They had the time to grab a spore but didn't bother to show up and chime in, which I feel more positively about as compared to their QF performance.

Also what's with the early cycle end - is it Daylight Savings or something?

Actually, suppose:

30 minutes ago, Sart said:
  • TJ took a Zephyr Spore
  • Aeoryi took a Roseite Spore

On the weak assumption Elims didn't want to double, I'm gonna assume the Sunlights are not as likely to be teamed. Feels a bit more tenuous for Zephyr. Interesting that Hairy, Aet, and TKN all declined to take one.