QF70b: Entry 1 - Cryptic Coloration

|TJ|

ENTRY 01

XX-XX-XXXX

CRYPTIC COLORATION

[insert write-up here]

And we go again! Cycle 1 of QF70b has begun and will be a little shorter just this once, it will end on February 15th, 03:00 AM Let me know if you haven't received your GM PM. Please try to bold your votes and give retractions in green!

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @Aeoryi
  2. @RoyalBeeMage
  3. @Kasimir - Detective Kowalski
  4. @TheRavenHasLanded - Riven
  5. @Amanuensis - Maikul "Truthwatcher" McGee
  6. @Sart - Sam
  7. @Stick. - Stick
  8. @Faerie Braids Secretary-Constable Vivienne Bell
  9. @DrakeMarshall - Marshal Drake
  10. @neil the beguiled
  11. @JNV
  12. @Archer
Edited by |TJ|

Marshal Drake sighs as he sets a single sheet of paper on the floor. This one doesn't belong in any of the other paper stacks, which have already utterly taken over the desk he sits behind, the desk across from him which belongs to Mendwel who's on holiday, and too much of the floor space in between. All arranged in neat sheafs, not that it makes it look any less like the office was ground zero in an ettmetal detonation.

The Eigth Octant's files are a sheer mess. It's a struggle to rationalize, to say it probably isn't malicious obfuscation. It really probably isn't. As far as he knows, all the information that ought to be kept here is there, it's just... Scattered and alloyed and folded beyond recognition in a heap of other nonsense. At the end of the day, most constables rightly prioritize stopping the bad guys over sorting through their filing cabinets. It only becomes a problem when the bad guys aren't getting caught. When it starts to look like there's corruption on the inside. Then you follow the paper trails. Then you scrutinize every detail for discrepancies.

This could take a while.

The marshal leans back, loosening the loudly floral tie around his neck and unbuttoning his collar. His chair creaks under his weight. They don't really build them with Koloss-blooded folks in mind. He reaches for the cup of coffee nestled carefully between stacks of paper on his desk, which is warm but not properly hot anymore. He shakes his head ruefully. Well, it was only getting colder and more disappointing from here on out. He tips the cup back and downs it in a few gulps.

He hears footsteps.

"Don't touch anyth- Hrm," he stops himself, frowning. "Something's not right. I feel like we've done this before."

--

hey guys I'm in the Octet doc again, Aman is my teammate (again) but this time there's also Kas, what should do

edit: I do not care for how page breaks work on the new site 😛

edit2: aaaaa I can't fix it

oh well I'm leaving it like this

Edited by DrakeMarshall

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Marshal Drake sighs as he sets a single sheet of paper on the floor. This one doesn't belong in any of the other paper stacks, which have already utterly taken over the desk he sits behind, the desk across from him which belongs to Mendwel who's on holiday, and too much of the floor space in between. All arranged in neat sheafs, not that it makes it look any less like the office was ground zero in an ettmetal detonation.

The Eigth Octant's files are a sheer mess. It's a struggle to rationalize, to say it probably isn't malicious obfuscation. It really probably isn't. As far as he knows, all the information that ought to be kept here is there, it's just... Scattered and alloyed and folded beyond recognition in a heap of other nonsense. At the end of the day, most constables rightly prioritize stopping the bad guys over sorting through their filing cabinets. It only becomes a problem when the bad guys aren't getting caught. When it starts to look like there's corruption on the inside. Then you follow the paper trails. Then you scrutinize every detail for discrepancies.

This could take a while.

The marshal leans back, loosening the loudly floral tie around his neck and unbuttoning his collar. His chair creaks under his weight. They don't really build them with Koloss-blooded folks in mind. He reaches for the cup of coffee nestled carefully between stacks of paper on his desk, which is warm but not properly hot anymore. He shakes his head ruefully. Well, it was only getting colder and more disappointing from here on out. He tips the cup back and downs it in a few gulps.

He hears footsteps.

"Don't touch anyth- Hrm," he stops himself, frowning. "Something's not right. I feel like we've done this before."

--

hey guys I'm in the Octet doc again, Aman is my teammate (again) but this time there's also Kas, what should do

edit: I do not care for how page breaks work on the new site 😛

edit2: aaaaa I can't fix it

oh well I'm leaving it like this

What should you do? Get back in there! I don't know about you but I've got a mission and that's to make TJ swear 😤

He said the word just now but claims it doesn't count to our bet as he's not swearing at me.

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I bussed you last time and I didn't get any towncred from it :(

and i made aman freeze and didnt get any towncred for that too. huff.

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

soooooooo what do i do here?

step 1: out your elim partners to the thread
step 2: profit?

oh kas is a wolf

7 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I bussed you last time and I didn't get any towncred from it :(

Towncred? Why would you want something like that?

You usually traffic in approaching strangers to induce a weak-hearted Villager to want to adopt the murderpuppy smhhhhhh 😔

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

What should you do? Get back in there! I don't know about you but I've got a mission and that's to make TJ swear 😤

He said the word just now but claims it doesn't count to our bet as he's not swearing at me.

Hmmmm well you should probably try to nail down what does and doesn't count if he's gonna try and pull fast ones like that :P

2 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

and i made aman freeze and didnt get any towncred for that too. huff.

there's no justice in the world :(

2 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

oh kas is a wolf

oh TIL

well then, Kas

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

Hmmmm well you should probably try to nail down what does and doesn't count if he's gonna try and pull fast ones like that :P

Ikr 😔

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

well then, Kas

Is this the bit where we return to our HK drama film? 👀

4 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

i said id slank but also im procrastinating sleeping and theres no reason to nnot be here so kas can you obvtown or somrthing

edit: wait @DrakeMarshall why'd you fr follow that

Why should I if you’ve made it clear you can't recognise V!me when you see him? 👀

Edited to add:

V lean Drake. Ice-thin.

Edited by Kasimir

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

simple

you said Kas was a wolf

so clearly Kas is a wolf

why would u lie about something like that

not a question of lying, a question of you sheeping at the moment. so far ive not put down any information actually displaying my read and it could be a joke for all you knew. but even if it was serious, why would you sheep it when its clear from last game that im not exactl the best at reading kas here?

Just now, Kasimir said:

Why should I if you’ve made it clear you can't recognise V!me when you see him? 👀

why are you tmiing me town

1 minute ago, neil the beguiled said:

not a question of lying, a question of you sheeping at the moment. so far ive not put down any information actually displaying my read and it could be a joke for all you knew. but even if it was serious, why would you sheep it when its clear from last game that im not exactl the best at reading kas here?

why are you tmiing me town

If you're Elim, then it's an insincere question so why bother engaging with that world? In E!you world whether or not I am obv!V doesn't matter because you have an agenda to push. The bigger point is, why should I waste my time if it's clear you won't see it anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

look neil said you're a wolf so you're a wolf apparently now

them's the breaks

I prefer zenpuppy

In theory

We'll leave aside the fact you screwed it over so badly we got collectively punished in AG19 😔

I have been beguiled 

niel 

Can someone check my math here (I didn't read the last game)

Three elims 

Informant tells Contact identity of an elim (50% chance they're the Insider) 

Contact blabs, then we exe the elim. But holdup, now there's only two elims, so the bad one submits the NK on the remaining one and wins under the altered rules. 

So actually the Insider should blab and sacrifice themselves to take out... Why can't they just reveal all the identities? 

I could probably figure this out by reading the other game 

hey drake, you're evil, tell me how this works 

royalbee

Edited to add:

I suppose to sharpen the point: I don't presume a V!you world. You are presuming a V!you world by asking me to obv!V. If you are E, that's BS because you know my alignment. I'm pointing out that taking your presumption at face value, I don’t see why I should obv!V for you because from what I can tell, you can't recognise V me even when it was blatantly obvious — so again, why should I spend my time that way? 👀

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I have been beguiled 

niel 

Three elims 

Contact blabs, then we exe the elim. But holdup, now there's only two elims, so the bad one submits the NK on the remaining one and wins under the altered rules. 

So actually the Insider should blab and sacrifice themselves to take out... Why can't they just reveal all the identities? 

royalbee

Short answer: Insider is not in the doc. I think that’s what all your strategising assumes.

...Tempted to V lean but Archer rules derps regardless of alignment so it's a wash.

9 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

look neil said you're a wolf so you're a wolf apparently now

them's the breaks

see: prior post from me

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

If you're Elim, then it's an insincere question so why bother engaging with that world? In E!you world whether or not I am obv!V doesn't matter because you have an agenda to push. The bigger point is, why should I waste my time if it's clear you won't see it anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I prefer zenpuppy

In theory

We'll leave aside the fact you screwed it over so badly we got collectively punished in AG19 😔

okay well am I? am i coming at you in bad faith? why are you now reading me as elim from your wording ehen priorly you spoke to me as if i were town? idk im uninformed :P. regardless id like you to make your alignment obvious and you should want to make your alignment obvious *as* a villager, so to deflect in this manner is not helpful to the town wincon.

Just now, Archer said:

I have been beguiled 

niel 

Three elims 

royalbee

i have successfully pocketed archer swag. i think ideally the point of the contact is so that they can hint at reveals and also that the rest of town (and ideally actaual elims also do it for #towncred will find the answer ya? smth smth minor gambiting softing cop checks /FONT]

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

smdh

AG19???

in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only memes

>>

Every day we stray further from God

Just now, neil the beguiled said:

regardless id like you to make your alignment obvious and you should want to make your alignment obvious *as* a villager, so to deflect in this manner is not helpful to the town wincon.

I don't care to 🙂 Exe me if you want.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Edited to add:

I suppose to sharpen the point: I don't presume a V!you world. You are presuming a V!you world by asking me to obv!V. If you are E, that's BS because you know my alignment. I'm pointing out that taking your presumption at face value, I don’t see why I should obv!V for you because from what I can tell, you can't recognise V me even when it was blatantly obvious — so again, why should I spend my time that way? 👀

@neil the beguiled And maybe read this while you're at it. I haven't assigned you a read, period.